Working Moms
Options

Lent non-meat quick meals

We are catholic and don't eat meat on Fridays during lent. So far, we have done a lot of fish sticks and cheese pizza. Looking for any other ideas that are non-meat meals. By the time Friday comes, I am exhausted and don't have much energy to put into making dinner. Anyone else in the same boat? Or anyone who has a non-meat meal to suggest? I have a toddler, who is a fairly good eater but someone I need to keep in mind when meal planning. 
BabyFruit Ticker image
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Lent non-meat quick meals

• Options
    We aren't Catholic, but by Friday I rarely want to cook. We do meatless meals a lot though. For some easy options- how about fancy grilled cheese (add feta, tomato and avocado), black bean burgers, or cheese raviolis with pesto.
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• Options
    We do:
    grilled cheese (with different types of cheese - love smoky chipotle) and tomato soup
    cheese tortellini with alfredo sauce, steamed broccoli and garlic toast/sticks
    baked mac and cheese

we are not big on fish/seafood
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    jd614jd614 member
    Quiche is easy to make ahead and keep in your freezer and then pull out and heat up the night you are ready to eat it. DS's fave is broccoli and cheese.

ALso there are lots of mexican bakes you can make without mean/use black beans instead.
  • Options
    I really like Ree Drummond's black bean burgers.  I make a bunch and freeze them.  

Giada has a really yummy butternut squash soup.  I make a huge batch and freeze.  Use veggie broth instead of chicken to make it vegetarian

This spinach quiche is good too.  Also freezes well.  https://greek.food.com/recipe/greek-spinach-quiche-136026

We are fake Catholics (raised catholic and both kids baptized but we only go to church Easter and Christmas) we do vegetarian a lot but sometimes eat meat on fridays.  Depends if I remember or not.  LOL.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had an amazing farro risotto with butternut squash, pecans and goat cheese tonight for dinner at a restaurant, probably not a quick dinner idea, but an awesome vegetarian option.
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• Options
    We are catholic and I find this hard too! We've done ministrone soup in crock pot, vegetable lasagna, vegetable tacos with beans, and baked fish.
  • Options
    AlikiAliki member
    We're a Catholic family too. Here are some non-meat dishes we've been enjoying:

- Pasta e fagioli
    - Broccoli, garlic and pasta (maybe with sundried tomatoes)
    - Eggplant parmesan
    - Ratatouille
    - Vegetable curry 
    - vegetarian lasagna
    TTC #1 since 2007. Dx: Unexplained infertility. 4 IUIs in 2008 = BFN. IVF #1 07/09. DD #1 born April 2010 (40w5d).
    TTC #2 since 2011. Dx: Endometriosis and hypothyroidism. 2 FETs in 2012, BFP 6/12 but m/c @ 7 weeks. IVF #2 06/13. DD #2  born March 2014 (40w1d).
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"