April 2015 Moms
Options

Stupid Question Sunday

Re: Stupid Question Sunday

• Options
    FTM Anyone experienced any upper abdominal tenderness/pain? The tenderness (when I push on the spot) is worst about 1-2 inches below the center of my boobs, upper stomach. Don't feel it in my chest, so not thinking it's heartburn. And its more an internal than external pain, so not round ligament. I've thought maybe she is in my ribs, my rib cage is expanding or just gas. Pain only subsides when I am standing, cannot lay down and pain gets unbearable if I sit and lean forward. Had it for 2 days. Gonna call midwife tomorrow and have an appt Wednesday so I'll mention it then. Just wondering if anyone has felt this? Thanks!!
  • Options
    @mbm1983‌ @aikendrum‌ @kjuryfl‌ thank you! I will try to remember to get at least one larger bra in a sexy style so I can keep it on if need be!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kjuryflkjuryfl member
    edited January 2015
    dmama0177 said:

FTM Anyone experienced any upper abdominal tenderness/pain? The tenderness (when I push on the spot) is worst about 1-2 inches below the center of my boobs, upper stomach. Don't feel it in my chest, so not thinking it's heartburn. And its more an internal than external pain, so not round ligament. I've thought maybe she is in my ribs, my rib cage is expanding or just gas. Pain only subsides when I am standing, cannot lay down and pain gets unbearable if I sit and lean forward. Had it for 2 days. Gonna call midwife tomorrow and have an appt Wednesday so I'll mention it then. Just wondering if anyone has felt this? Thanks!!

Yes, it is heartburn/gas related. I had the issue with my daughter and again with this baby.

Edited to add: I had what my OB called a hotspot on my uterus with my daughter. It was a sore spot that was warm to the touch and red. It only felt better when I pushed on it. Once I delivered it went away. I used a travel pillow on my lower when driving since it helped to stretch my back backwards a bit.
    Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
  • Options
    I have what is quite possibly a stupid question.... On all of the baby registry lists, they tell you to buy a humidifier. I have never owned one or used one, so to be honest, I'm not really sure what the purpose is. I live in the PNW, where we get a lot of rain, so it is typically moist and we need to worry about mold, but I wouldn't say it is overly humid. Is there something I don't know about babies as a FTM, that would necessitate a humidifier in the baby's room? 
    Anniversary: 7-2013
    EDD Baby#1: 4-18-2015 (Team Green)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    bmblebea said:
    Ok So here's my stupid question- for those who have breastfed, when you have sex and you are breastfeeding, does the milk just squirt out everywhere? I watched the documentary Breastmilk on Netflix yesterday and they mentioned that. Breasts are a big part of sex for me and I suspect a giant milk squirting boob fountain in bed will freak my husband out as he's squimish with bodily fluids. (Not that this would deter me from breastfeeding, but just like to know if this happens a lot and if there are any suggestions for dealing with it) Edit: spelling

I wouldn't say it squirts out everywhere, but there will definitely be some leakage. Everyone is different, of course. My solution is just to wear a bra with pads during. Yeah, it's not as great that way, but it just has to be done if he's squeamish about bodily fluids. And remember it's temporary, much like pregnancy. It won't last forever.
  • Options
    sallen26 said:

I have what is quite possibly a stupid question.... On all of the baby registry lists, they tell you to buy a humidifier. I have never owned one or used one, so to be honest, I'm not really sure what the purpose is. I live in the PNW, where we get a lot of rain, so it is typically moist and we need to worry about mold, but I wouldn't say it is overly humid. Is there something I don't know about babies as a FTM, that would necessitate a humidifier in the baby's room? 

We also live in the PNW, and I love our humidifier. Having the heat on just dries the house out. Without it, I wake up with a scratchy throat and DH gets nosebleeds.

Same idea for baby. When they're really little and sick, there's not much you can do for colds and congestion. Breathing in nice, moist air keeps them more comfortable.
  • Options
    What is a KW, I've been trying to figure it out all morning?!?!
    DD 1 - Aug. 2010
    DD 2 - Jan. 2013
    Baby Boy -  EDD April 12, 2015

• Options
    @sallen26‌ humidifiers help with congestion. I don't have one yet but I borrowed a pretty cool one from my mom. But she uses it for essential oils. I've also found it helps if my nose gets too dry at night. I'm in Florida where it's humid 90% of the year and they help.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have read conflicting things on whether or not I'll be able to get pregnant while breastfeeding. I would like to try for my second right away due to AMA. Some websites say it's more difficult to get pregnant while BF, but I've known women who have gotten pregnant while BF. Thank you all.
    Yes, it's possible, but also possibly harder. I didn't get a period with all 3 of mine until I stopped BFing (around a year for all of them, 15 months for one). But others get theirs sooner. It just depends. If you WANT to get pregnant right away, you could do formula at night or something and your chances could increase.
  • Options
    @acrotzer‌ you'd be surprised what people buy. All of my big items have been purchased. Shower is in a month, I'd imagine if I needed things earlier people would give earlier but like others have said, don't worry about rushing out to grab a car seat. Or if you do save the receipt in case someone does buy it and you could always return one.
    Our nursery is almost done but it's because I want it done in time for the shower since it's being thrown at my house so I don't have to load and unload the car.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    aly&jj said:

What is a KW, I've been trying to figure it out all morning?!?!

Could you mean WK? If so, it's white knight.
  • Options
    Oooh! I have another stupid question... obviously I am trying to figure out registry stuff. Does anyone know of a white noise machine that will continue throughout the night? My cat likes to meow loudly at random points, and I would rather her not wake the baby. Most of the white noise machines I have seen are on 1 hour or 2 hour timers just as the baby falls asleep, not throughout the night. Any suggestions?

@acrotzer - My family has a very strong history of very early PTL, so I was/am nervous as well. My husband and I put together the big things on a registry before Christmas, and asked our families that if they were going to buy us Christmas presents, to purchase registry items. That helped, and we have most of the big items. I figure for the shower I'll get smaller things and lots of clothes primarily. We will see. I also registered for a crap-ton of diapers. If you are really worried, you might consider something like that... or you could purchase the crib/big items now and take them off of the registry. I didn't really think people outside of the family would purchase large expensive items for the shower anyway... but really, what do I know?? Other people have suggested that you could use the NICU time to purchase stuff, which is probably true, too.
    Anniversary: 7-2013
    EDD Baby#1: 4-18-2015 (Team Green)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Will she eat prunes or drink prune juice? This has been a lifesaver for my DD.

This is a toddler question. DD has always had constipation problems. Mostly really dry hard poop. I really want to get it under control before potty training. I've tried upping liquids, probiotic, upping fiber intake. She eats yogurt daily. I'm at the point of miralax I think. Any recommendations?

• Options
    Haha, yes I meant a WK. Thank you for clearing that up, makes so much sense now. 
    DD 1 - Aug. 2010
    DD 2 - Jan. 2013

• Options
    aly&jjaly&jj member
    edited January 2015
    One more stupid question that I can not figure out. How in the hell do I change my siggy? I went into my account, avatar and deleted everything in the box, but it is still there! When I go back to my account, it doesn't show anything, but it still pops up when I post. I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

I am not 142 weeks pregnant, Thank God!
    DD 1 - Aug. 2010
    DD 2 - Jan. 2013

• Options
    Ok I'm never this much of an AW, but I have another question. Those who have or have had placenta previa- do you find you bleed more when you do more? I'm no expert, but I've noticed a trend. Today, I have some bright red bleeding. I kept my nephews (5years and 15 months) last night and we played around a lot. I was also cleaning house all day yesterday. My doctor said he thought it would be unrealistic to put me in bed rest (that was 24 weeks, I'm 27 today). I'm starting to think a modified bed rest might be necessary. Bleeding is scary. For the record, they said don't fret unless I have contractions or bleed a lot more.
  • Options
    sallen26 said:

Oooh! I have another stupid question... obviously I am trying to figure out registry stuff. Does anyone know of a white noise machine that will continue throughout the night? My cat likes to meow loudly at random points, and I would rather her not wake the baby. Most of the white noise machines I have seen are on 1 hour or 2 hour timers just as the baby falls asleep, not throughout the night. Any suggestions?

@acrotzer - My family has a very strong history of very early PTL, so I was/am nervous as well. My husband and I put together the big things on a registry before Christmas, and asked our families that if they were going to buy us Christmas presents, to purchase registry items. That helped, and we have most of the big items. I figure for the shower I'll get smaller things and lots of clothes primarily. We will see. I also registered for a crap-ton of diapers. If you are really worried, you might consider something like that... or you could purchase the crib/big items now and take them off of the registry. I didn't really think people outside of the family would purchase large expensive items for the shower anyway... but really, what do I know?? Other people have suggested that you could use the NICU time to purchase stuff, which is probably true, too.
    RE: white noise machine - we use a box fan and it's great.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo f2800575-8c12-4491-8194-153c04d585b8_zps49b02af4.jpg
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ShadeauxeShadeauxe member
    edited January 2015
    One more stupid question that I can not figure out. How in the hell do I change my siggy? I went into my account, avatar and deleted everything in the box, but it is still there! When I go back to my account, it doesn't show anything, but it still pops up when I post. I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

I am not 142 weeks pregnant, Thank God!
    Not sure, but you may need to log off on all devices, then log back on.
    Logging off won't fix it, it will change instantly. 

@aly&jj - Try source code view. It's visible above the U in "lettuce" in the picture below. You may have something you can only see when it's in code view.

This is also how you can escape quote boxes if you find yourself stuck in one. Just click source code, click at the end of all the text and then click out of source code view.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageimage
                                                                            A15 January Siggy Challenge- 

Workout/fitness fails 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @sallen26‌ I did a quick search and on Amazon there is a white noise machine for about $15.00 that stays on till you turn it off.

Here is the link I hope it works: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00GFSF402/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1420999383&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SY200_QL40
  • Options
    Shadeauxe Thanks for trying to help, but that didn't work either. I think I'm going to have to contact someone at The Bump to see if they can help me. I am completely challenged when it comes to technology.
    DD 1 - Aug. 2010
    DD 2 - Jan. 2013

• Options
    aly&jj said:
    Shadeauxe Thanks for trying to help, but that didn't work either. I think I'm going to have to contact someone at The Bump to see if they can help me. I am completely challenged when it comes to technology.

It is different than how you used to change it. You have to click on the little man in the upper right hand corner and go to preferences that way
    imageimage
                                                                            A15 January Siggy Challenge- 

Workout/fitness fails 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Anyone experiencing numbness or tingling in their thigh ? I looked it up and said its common during pregnancy . Just looking to see what you girls are doing for it ? I see the doctor Wednesday I'll be asking him for tips on how to treat this.
  • Options
    @starshollow Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!! It worked : )
    DD 1 - Aug. 2010
    DD 2 - Jan. 2013

• Options
    Prunes and prune juice was some of the first stuff I tried. It's so hit or miss. Giving a 2 year old a variety of food is a little difficult. She gets multiple fruit servings a day. Nothing I've done with food has ever helped. Even when she would eat a couple prunes a day(which I can't count on her to do.)

The ped had never been concerned with the poop but it creates an issue while trying to potty train. There's no way she can try and poop on a potty with this type of poop. Once she's potty trained maybe. I'll call and verify what they would want me to do but miralax will probably be the next course of action.
  • Options
    bmblebeabmblebea member
    edited January 2015

Anyone experiencing numbness or tingling in their thigh ? I looked it up and said its common during pregnancy . Just looking to see what you girls are doing for it ? I see the doctor Wednesday I'll be asking him for tips on how to treat this.

I have had this off and on. I never asked the dr or anything bc is read that it was normal too. I get tingling in hands also sometimes.

ETA: I haven't found anything that makes it
    go away. I usually just massage my thigh and try to change position or walk around a bit
  • Options
    @bmblebea‌ thank you - that's what I've been trying too!
  • Options
    PrpljadePrpljade member
    edited January 2015
    Maternity pants. Are there any out there that don't fall down? Is it just my body shape that doesn't agree with them? I can't wear leggings for work, it's against safety policy and dress
    Code. :( I have a pair of Old navy and a pair of motherhood maternity that I wear but they constantly ride down and I end up with the band around my hips and the crotch halfway to my knees. They are so uncomfortable!
    I was looking forward to comfy maternity pants but now I wih I could go back to my normal pre-pregnancy jeans!
    Ideas? I've true adding a belly band on top to hold them up but that's not even working now. Am I destined to look saggy and frumpy and feel like my ass is hanging out until April??

Edit to add- pre pregnancy I always wore a belt. I had to or had this same problem usually with pants. Leads me to beleive my body shape is incompatible with pants.
    BFP: 8.13.2014
    EDD: 4.23.2015

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @Prpljade‌ I have the same problem with my pair from Old Navy. I am constantly having to hike them up, which is hard since there are no belt loops or anything to help pull them up. I found a pair at H&M that had belt loops and they are a life saver! I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to comfortably wear a belt with them but they are working for now!
  • Options
    bmblebea said:
    Ok So here's my stupid question- for those who have breastfed, when you have sex and you are breastfeeding, does the milk just squirt out everywhere? I watched the documentary Breastmilk on Netflix yesterday and they mentioned that. Breasts are a big part of sex for me and I suspect a giant milk squirting boob fountain in bed will freak my husband out as he's squimish with bodily fluids. (Not that this would deter me from breastfeeding, but just like to know if this happens a lot and if there are any suggestions for dealing with it) Edit: spelling

I did not have any issue with really squirting anywhere except when my boobs were played with… 

• Options
    Prpljade I have low-panel from Old Navy that stay up awesomely.  Then I got the full-panel from ON and the denim is different and those sag down below my crotch.  I don't know if it's the full panel or different denim or what but it's maddening.  I only wear the full-panel now when the low-panels are dirty and/or I don't need to be out-and-about much.  Luckily I work from home so don't need to wear "real" clothes very much and live in yoga/flannel pants at home.  Give the low-panel a shot though...they stay up so well that they're almost too tight but I would take that any day over having my pants crotch hanging down.
  • Options
    @bmblebea‌ idk if you saw my post a few weeks ago about forcing my breast milk out during sex but feel free to go read it, lol. I was freaked out the first time this happened. I leak during Sex, no spraying so far luckily, but I do fear when I have LO and more milk that things may get our of control. Also luckily, DH is totally into my leaky boobs and has asking if there's a chance I will be spraying... Idk if he is just curious or looking forward to it. That's a bit tmi so sorry.

@redneckmomma25‌ I know a lot of pp's have answered, but I wanted to add that the essential oil blend "digest zen" from Doterra oils works wonders. Just rub a bit on your daughter's belly and it really gets things moving along.
  • Options
    Oops I have a stupid question as well.... If I don't have heartburn will my kid be bald? I know this is an old "wives tale" that heartburn=hair on your baby's head, but the more moms I talk to the more this tale is proving to be true. DH and I both have insane a amounts of hair on our heads so I will be shocked if LO doesn't have any hair, but hey, anything can happen.
  • Options
    Thank God for this thread because I have a ridiculous question for STMs. Has anyone found a correlation between how active the baby is in utero and their personality as a baby? Mine is an absolute nutcase, wiggling and kicking hardcore for most of the day. I'm already envisioning a difficult baby, a child with my ADD and anxiety problems.
  • Options
    @prpljade, I have a pair of low and full panel pants from ON, the low panel fit me great and I hardly have to pull them up (only after I've worn them once or twice in between washing) but the full panel is another story. I'm chalking it up to the fact that my bump hasn't protruded much yet, and I sometimes fold over the full panel which seems to help some.
    I too, before pregnancy, had issues finding jeans/pants that fit well and were long enough because of my height so I always wore belts. I might have to check out H&M for some with belt loops like @ashleigh76 suggested though. 
    Married 07/27/12 : BFP 8/23/14 : EDD 4/30/15 : IT'S A GIRL!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

sallen26 said:

We also live in the PNW, and I love our humidifier. Having the heat on just dries the house out. Without it, I wake up with a scratchy throat and DH gets nosebleeds.

Same idea for baby. When they're really little and sick, there's not much you can do for colds and congestion. Breathing in nice, moist air keeps them more comfortable.
    Even if you're not concerned about humidity, humidifiers make excellent white noise.
  • Options

I have read conflicting things on whether or not I'll be able to get pregnant while breastfeeding. I would like to try for my second right away due to AMA. Some websites say it's more difficult to get pregnant while BF, but I've known women who have gotten pregnant while BF. Thank you all.

The short answer is that yes, you can get pregnant while BF. However, it's much more difficult if you are exclusively BFing. The exclusivity of BF prevents ovulation.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"