TTC After a Loss
Options

Going tomorrow to confirm if our 8 wk old is still w/out a heartbeat after check up last week.

ameliabaameliaba member
edited December 2014 in TTC After a Loss
This has been the most wrenching week of my and my DH's lives. The loss is hard to pin point and it feels so foreign. I go from functioning, to crying at least every 2-3 hours on this vicious, tiring and cleansing cycle. It is hard to understand how loving something so small that we never even met is so possible. I feel more ready then ever to get pregnant again and for that I am grateful, but now there is a new anxiety that I did not have about not just "can I get pregnant" but can it stick?? I am now scared for my apt. tomorrow and the news. And trying to decide whether it is best to wait, take the pill, or do the surgery. I would love the closure of the surgery, but problem is that our deductible is $10,000 so I don't think the surgery is going to be possible. As of now, physically, there no major bleeding, no cramping whatsoever, but some spotting which I have had the whole time I was pregnant anyhow, even at 6 and 7 weeks when there were heartbeats. So there is still this illogical hope I am carrying for tomorrow, though I know it is futile. What I am looking for are not horror stories, there are plenty of those online, but stories of m/c survival, tips and advice, esp. those who did it naturally or with the medication. The emotional pain has been present, but I am awaiting the physical. Thanks.

Lilypie

Re: Going tomorrow to confirm if our 8 wk old is still w/out a heartbeat after check up last week.

• Options
    I'm sorry for your pain, but I doubt you will be getting many of those stories on this board, as we have all suffered a loss and are trying to conceive post miscarriage.

DD 15.07.2012

BFP #2 01.18.2014, MMC 04.10.2014 15w5d

BFP #3 07.18.2014, MC 07.31.2014 5w6d

DX: RPL due to submucosal uterine fibroid. Hysteroscopy 12/16. All clear!

image</a

• Options
    So sorry for what you are going through, I think the miscarriage board is a better place for you right now. I had to have a D&C 5 weeks after I initially took misoprostol for my miscarriage. ((Hugs))

imageimageimage
    My FF Chart:
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/490dd7
    TTC #3 since June 2013
    BFP #1 7/21/2013--EDD 3/30/14--D&C 9/24/13
    BFP #2 1/28/14--MC 2/7/14

IUI #1 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #2 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #3 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IVF #1, Stimmed for 12 days, ER 8/22/14, 9 retrieved, 7M, 7F!!  Freeze all due to fluid in uterus.
    FET end of October 2014 cancelled due to fluid in uterus due to possible c-scar defect
    Surgery scheduled 12/12/14 to fix possible isthmocele
    3/26/15 transferred one 8 cell grade 4 embryo and one 6 cell grade 3 embryo = slow rising betas for 2+ weeks = ectopic MTX shot 4/29/15
    Repeat c-scar surgery June 2015
    2nd and last IVF cycle August 2015, stimmed for 12 days, 2 egg retrieved, both mature and both fertilized.  Transferred both 8-cell embryos on Day 3, beta 9/5/15 = BFFN
    MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm very sorry that you are in this situation.  I really have no advice on whether a D&C or waiting for the miscarriage is easier.  They both equally suck.  Have a good talk with your doctor and your DH and I'm sure you will make the right choice. 

@mlal78 is very wise, feel what you feel and do whatever you need to do to get through this.  It will get easier and in time you will have more good days then bad.  Good luck and I echo the advice to visit the Miscarriage board if you'd like.  You are more than welcome here too.  ((((HUGS))))
    TTC #3 since 8/2012 image
    DX Endometriosis 2/2002 (lost left tube due to a cyst), PCOS
    6/2010
     BFP - 10/18/2012, EDD - 6/26/2013, Baby Girl lost at 22 weeks (T21), D&E 2/15/2013
    BFP - 4/23/2014, EDD - 1/2/2015 Twin Boys lost at 12 weeks, M/C 6/25/2014

My chart here  All ALers welcome!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    June 3Missing Our January Snowflake
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for what you're facing.   I don't have anything to offer in terms of your decision, but I wish you peace in whatever you decide.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• Options
    I am sorry for your loss. I did take the medication. It was a horrible 7 hrs but it was complete for me. I am sorry you have to go through this. The DR'S will tell you it is like a heavy period... They are wrong. I will be like nothing you have felt before. If they offer pain medication take it before you start the mistoprosal. Hugs.

***TTCAL January siggy challenge ***
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for what you're going through. It's so hard. I don't have any advice to offer either. Wishing you the best of luck at your appointment. Take care. 
    * Me: 31, DH: 33 * Married 10.16.10 * Parents of our furbaby Sophie *
    BFP: 8.28.14 | EDD 5.6.15 | MMC Discovered 9.25.14 (8 weeks)| D&C 9.30.14

"Everybody here has got a story to tell. Everybody's been through their own hell. There's nothing too special about getting hurt, but getting over it that takes the work. Because one way or another, we all need each other. Nothing's going to turn out the way you thought it would. Friends and lovers, don't you duck and cover because everything comes out the way it should in the end." -Glen Phillips, "Duck and Cover" 

• Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I have no experience with the medication, but I've had two D&Cs. I know it sucks to be out the money, but I would always recommend the D&C. That was how they caught I had a molar pregnancy (risk of cancer, 1:1500, not to scare). I had a mmc this last one and they recommended a D&C because my body was not recognizing the loss. The emotional aspect is by far the hardest part. Your body will heal, and you will move forward physically, but please allow yourself and your partner time to heal. Personally, my marriage has been affected, and we're working with therapists which has helped immensely. My DH actually said this morning that "every corner of his heart is filled with sadness even when I don't know it". I don't say this to scare, but, know they need support too. Our partners are strong, but please take care of yourselves. So many hugs. 
    BFP#1: 03/05/14 | EDD: 11/11/14 | MC: 04/10/14 | D&C 05/01/14 [Molar]
    BFP#2: 10/15/14 | EDD: 06/25/14 | MC: 12/02/14 | D&C 12/04/14 [MMC]
    Current Status: RE appt 01/20/15 & Cleared to TTC
    Plan: Baby Aspirin, More (raw) folate, PNP, Iron, diet
    DX: MTHFR hetero C677T, ANA+ Homogeneous, Anemia. Ige sensitivities: gluten, egg, dairy
    All AL Welcome<3
    “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”
    We will never forgot our angels<3

• Options
    I am sorry for what you are going trough... Both my MC were natural and very painful (specially the second one), so I am with the ladies who said that if you take the pills make sure they give you some pain medicine... Again I am so very sorry... Hugs
  • Options
    I just/ am going threw the same thing. At 8 weeks the baby still had no heart beat. I ended up taking the pill. 3-4 hours after I had horrible pain.(I took the pain meds the doc told me to.) that first night was really ruff, I was so sick throwing up and horrible cramps but after I went from one pain pill to two I could sleep. The next two days were off but not as painful. I passed the baby on day 3. I have cramps on and off and very sore but I am ok. I read on the miscarriage board all the story's and it really helped me prepare myself for what's to come. I had lots of rolls and soup to eat to take with my pain pills and Gatorade. Plan to not do anything. I couldn't even move that first day it hurt so bad. Say up with the pills your doctor gives you, once that pain comes on you will be glad you took them.

I am really sorry to hear your going threw this. Is so hard on so many different levels.

• Options
    I am so sorry.

Percocet is helpful, mainly because it knocks you out. And heating pads - they help, too.
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options

I'm so sorry for your loss.  It is a really tough decision whether to take the meds or have a D&C.  I chose to try the medicine 3 times because I wanted to avoid a D&C.  The second dose worked to pass the sac but I ended up having to have a D&C for retained tissue anyway.

IMO, there are more risks with a D&C (scarring, uterine puncture).  These risks are small and most people have no trouble at all with having a D&C.  I've seen many people say the D&C is easier emotionally because (usually) it ends the whole process quickly.

I will also agree with everyone who says to make sure your doctor gives you GOOD pain medicine if you choose to MC at home.  My doctor prescribed hydrocodone and a large dose of ibuprofen and I was still curled up on the bathroom floor for most of the night.  Definitely prepare yourself for a lot of bleeding and intense cramping.

Again, this decision is so hard and so personal.  Good luck with whatever you decide.

BFP #1 3/2/12, T born 11/7/12
                                                                                                 BFP #2  7/2/14, CP 7/6/14
                                 BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                       BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      
  • Options
    So sorry for what you are going through. No matter how early a loss, it is still heartbreaking. You find your world changing as soon as you get that positive test and then, all of a sudden, you're supposed to go back to "normal"? Eff that.

My MC was natural so, I can't offer any words of advice there. It was definitely more painful than I initially expected it to be. I found that a heating pad, or two, were my best friends.

I so love what @mlal78‌ said about grieving. There is no right or wrong way to do it. Just feel what you are going to feel when you are going to feel it. I laid in bed a lot and watched some of my favorite movies with my favorite fur babies. I found that looking DH in the face was a bit hard to do, so I asked for some space (in a super nice way, of course). It's all on your terms. Surround yourself with whatever makes you feel happy/content/ok at that moment.

So many hugs, thoughts, good vibes, and prayers headed your way!
  • Options

I'm sorry you are going through the process but I hope the physical part is not extremely painful or prolonged. I cannot speak to the medication as I had D&Cs for my 2 losses so I would rely on what the others are saying.

Know you're welcome at this board as well as the m/c board mentioned above.

33 years old, Married Oct '11,

Summer '14: Diagosed with hypothryoidism, pollup, LPD, Low AMH, strong FSH.

BFP: 1/22/15. EDD: 9/23/14. Rainbow baby!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"