January 2015 Moms
Options

Friday Randoms!

2»

Re: Friday Randoms!

• Options
    @MusicFanatic‌ I'm glad you're home!

Sorry to all the ladies who are sick. I hope everyone feels better!

We made it down to Anaheim safely last night. The long car ride was brutal for me. With a stop it took almost 5 hours in decent traffic. I thought I was going to barf going over the Grapevine (the 5 freeway stretch that goes through the mountains). I'm getting hydrated and eating a little before I head into Disneyland for the day!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Glad you & Zoe are doing well, @MusicFanatic

Today there is a baby shower for me after school given by the rest of the staff- after my wonderful friend/family shower last weekend, I'm not sure I can handle any more love/generosity :)  Just kidding- of course I can!

Tomorrow is my husband's birthday, then looking forward to working only 2 days next week :)  Lots to be thankful for this Friday!
  • Options
    bkmamabkmama member
    edited November 2014
    @papapalie good luck!! I hope all is well.
  • Options
    @papalie - hope everything is ok - keep us posted!
  • Options
    @LadyXaverian - I hope you find your forever home!!  I cant believe all of the people that don't get inspections!  It's a few hundred dollars and they could find hundreds of thousands of dollars of issues! 
    That's just crazy. I can't imagine.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    @papapalie‌ I hope everything's okay. Sending you lots of good juju!

Pregnancy TickerimageBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    @MusicFanatic-- YAY going home!  I hope Zoe's stay won't be too much longer.

@LadyXaverian-- Booo about the house.  :(  That stinks.

@Firefly3911--  I'm glad the contractions aren't doing anything yet!

@papapalie-- I hope you get good news and baby stays put.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've sat on the internet waaaaay too long today because my little brother is an old person and only turns on his cell phone to make outgoing calls and I needed to talk to him, so I was waiting for him to respond to a FB message...
  • Options

One of the twins (2nd grade) asked someone for an answer on a test today so she got a zero....  pretty sure it wasn't a "I forgot we can't do that" thing and a blatant trying to cheat thing....  don't know for sure yet though.

Ruh roh
  • Options
    Do y'all think 7 is too young for the last installment of the Hunger Games?
  • Options

Reddit users know how to deter office food thieves:

The statute of limitations is probably passed, so here you go:

Fed up in a similar situation, I brought in a bologna sandwich
    with a dab of my infant son's squirty shit as the spread between two slices.

Turns out Bob from accounting was the food thief.

And he brays like a donkey when he vomits.

OMG, that is so gross. I literally feel sick.
  • Options
    I never threw away any pooped-on clothes. I figure if people do cloth diapers, it's ok to wash poopy clothes, right? I sprayed them off outside with the hose first and then spot-treated and washed like normal.

But yeah, the poopsplosions that go up the back are the worst. I hated when DS did it in the morning and then I had to change and bathe him before work.
  • Options
    Just a brief update. I vomited at work but just the one time. Went home after cramping and contractions continued. They stay away if I lay down, but since I still have the runs I am getting up frequently. As long as they do not get worse I will camp out on the couch or in bed. If they do get worse, in to L&D for monitoring.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Well a random but I suppose could be an FFFC--

The first time DD1 had a poopsplosion leak on DH, I took a picture.  It was awesome.  And I have to show it to him to remind him about it every time I go through the folder that picture is in...
  • Options

Mind. Blown.   <-------- click here!

I just saw this on my FB feed.  awesome!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm sitting in my car in my driveway. I don't want to get out. It's pouring rain! O is napping in the backseat and I can hear my dog outside howling. She knows we are not home, hence why she's outside. (She's I'm sure sitting under the covered patio.)

I've really gotta pee and I've got several bags of groceries to haul inside.
    .......... Really hoping the rain let's up so I can go in.

-sigh-

• Options

Fuck. I failed the first part of my certification exam. :'(

Dislike. :( Can you retake it?

My niece got invited to a birthday sleepover tomorrow night, so now my hubby and I can have a kid free date night! I guess we'll see the Hunger Games then.
  • Options
    Fuck. I failed the first part of my certification exam. :'(
    Ohh I'm sorry CMB :(

(Zoe Claire- born at 33.6 weeks- November 19, '14 - 5lbs 15oz)
  • Options
    I am beginning to think we watch too much TV.  DS can sing the jingles to the Nationwide commerical, the Farmers commerical and the one for Empire carpet.
  • Options
    @MusicFanatic--  I usually only fall up stairs, super rarely down...  haha.  I guess I must be some emo kid and unable to pick my feet up.   ;)

@CrazyMonkeyBear--  I'm sorry you didn't pass.  So now what happens?  
  • Options
    I hope all of our sick ladies and contracting ladies feel better soon so they can enjoy the weekend!

I have a clogged milk duct in my left boob. Who the hell gets one before baby gets here? Jeeze all mighty it hurts!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We're on our way to the potluck - gonna be late because all the prep work of making our casserole took longer than we thought. Plus traffic's awful. And I smell like bacon now. The men are going to love me. I'm looking forward to getting there and consoling myself with all the food. :)
  • Options

@NatureLovers‌ there were a lot of fairly young girls in the theater for Mockingjay last night. I'm not good at guessing ages, but they seemed close to 7ish. Plus there's not all the kid killing like the first two.
  • Options

I hope all of our sick ladies and contracting ladies feel better soon so they can enjoy the weekend!

I have a clogged milk duct in my left boob. Who the hell gets one before baby gets here? Jeeze all mighty it hurts!

Hopefully the clogged duct is an indication that your supply will be good, but sorry! That sucks! Sorry it's painful! The breastfeeding board can probably give some advice.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I FUCKING LOVE YOU SO MUCH RIGHT NOW

---big fat quote fail-----

I feel like I'm missing something :-/
  • Options
    Last night my husband surprised me with a nice present...he got me a cute holiday maternity shirt and a "Q" charm for my Pandora bracelet (Quinn will be our son's name)...super sweet cause it was a complete surprise.

Last night there was a HUGE thunderstorm at our house and you would of thought we had 2 children instead of dogs in our bed.  Both dogs were freaking out (one more than the other surprisingly) and we had to stay up with them for a solid hour until the storm passed....makes for a rough start to a Friday.  Idk what we are going to do once baby is here because we had two dogs in the middle of our bed under the covers snugged up...no room for a baby/child to join in...Quinn better like thunder storms!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @hiphopdancer2007‌ I also have a clogged duct right now - it is the worst! I've been taking Tylenol, even though I usually try to avoid it, because I can't handle the pain while nursing DS. I found that a heating pad really helps too. I hope it gets better for you soon!

Pregnancy TickerimageBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    I am beginning to think we watch too much TV.  DS can sing the jingles to the Nationwide commerical, the Farmers commerical and the one for Empire carpet.
    @disneygeek77 Nora sings the Nationwide commercial, too lol!!

Also, unrelated, she just called me a "silly old bird" hahahaha!!!
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    @Maebb‌ @Beckydewell‌ @honeybeee3‌ thanks ladies! I had no idea you could get them while pregnant either so that was a fun surprise. I have had the rice pack on and off it today and when I get DD down to bed I'm going to jump in a hot shower and massage the crap out of it. Hoping it gets better with all of this and it's not a sign of what's to come :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    So bummed for you CMB. Is is offered at a different time elsewhere? Maybe traveling for a better date is an option. Either way, thinking of you!
  • Options
    @NatureLovers‌ there were a lot of fairly young girls in the theater for Mockingjay last night. I'm not good at guessing ages, but they seemed close to 7ish. Plus there's not all the kid killing like the first two.
    I think it really depends on the 7 year old. My 6.5 year old would NOT be able to watch it - but she can barely watch the villains in Disney movies without getting scared. Our friends child of the same age would probably be OK...
    DD#1 (6), DD#2 (4), DD#3 (0)
  • Options
    @CMB :-< sorry...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"