Cloth Diapering
Options

~~~UOs~~~

Seriously? No UOs today?

Re: ~~~UOs~~~

• Options
    I wish it were safe to babywear in the car. So much crying today during errands because DS2 would fall asleep right before we would go back in the car, wake up when I try to put him in his carseat, and proceed to cry because he wouldn't fall back asleep in the carseat. 
    I'm pretty sure one time there was an epic thread about someone who had decided to do just this.  I hope it was MUD.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wish it were safe to babywear in the car. So much crying today during errands because DS2 would fall asleep right before we would go back in the car, wake up when I try to put him in his carseat, and proceed to cry because he wouldn't fall back asleep in the carseat. 
    I'm pretty sure one time there was an epic thread about someone who had decided to do just this.  I hope it was MUD.
    You mean something else other than the 4 wheeler thread? Damn. But really, baby and car industry, get on this. Crying babies here that are much happier being worn. 
  • Options
    I had no idea that Monica Lewinsky was only 22 years old when that scandal happened.  She was practically a kid.  Shame on Bill Clinton.
  • Options
    UO:  I think storing things in the cloud is a terrible idea.
  • Options
    You mean something else other than the 4 wheeler thread? Damn. But really, baby and car industry, get on this. Crying babies here that are much happier being worn. 
    Yeah. It wasn't on the CD Board.  Maybe SAHM?
  • Options
    I don't think that people should use sites like gofundme dot com to fund their own wishes and dreams.

Awesome resources for emergencies, illnesses and disasters.

Do people do this? Like for vacations and stuff?
  • Options
    I don't think that people should use sites like gofundme dot com to fund their own wishes and dreams.

Do people do this? Like for vacations and stuff?
    I think my nephew used it to help fund a trip to NY for a wrestling tournament. It was that or something similar. 
  • Options
    Mapleme said:

Kickstarter for potato salad. Raised $55,000
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/324283889/potato-salad
    I heard about that.  Weird.
  • Options
    Actually I heard a story about a man who traded a paper clip for a house.  He kept trading it for slightly better things until he got to a house.  Crazy what you can do with the internet.
  • Options
    Writing 40 page reports for funders that don't even read them is a waste of time. I'm so over this month

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Holy crap. I've been hyperlinking these things when all I have to do is paste them the links in the post?
  • Options
    Dude, the craziest part is that he swapped the paperclip for the house in only 14 trades!! He must have been swindling people with less than a firm grasp on the English language, because there's just no way he could pawn that off...

• Options
    JEPES1348 said:
    Dude, the craziest part is that he swapped the paperclip for the house in only 14 trades!! He must have been swindling people with less than a firm grasp on the English language, because there's just no way he could pawn that off...
    I know!  But when you read the trades, they do seem somewhat fair. The last trade to the actual house seems like the best trade, financially.
  • Options
    I also see a lot of classroom/education gofundme's. Maybe if the politicians didn't piss away all the money, districts could actually pay for this stuff, rather than teachers asking for money to supply their classroom, or lack of classroom"
  • Options
    @mapleme I've worn M while on the subway and train (no, not the same thing). I don't think a car seat even works on those seats?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Logan has been in a shuttle bus to the football game twice. It made me uncomfortable, but there aren't any seat belts. :(
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• Options
    TJ1979 said:
    UO: I think UOs are lame and boring.

On the other hand, when they get out of hand like they can on other boards, I don't like that either.

Honestly, there's no pleasing me.
    I think they're interesting when people post actual UOs (that aren't offensive).  Usually the UO thread turns into a vent thread.
  • Options
    @Mapleme -- I've also worn DS on transit. I just take whatever seat I can get. If not wearing, then I try to have him in his stroller. Depending on the space available, I try to situate the stroller so that he is rear-facing in case of a sudden stop, but that's not always possible.
  • Options
    TJ1979 said:
    UO: I think UOs are lame and boring.

On the other hand, when they get out of hand like they can on other boards, I don't like that either.

Honestly, there's no pleasing me.
    All of my opinions are popular so I have a hard time with UOs. sigh

• Options
    TJ1979 said:
    UO: I don't like skinny pants on guys.  It just looks wrong.
    I was shopping for toddler pants online last night and there was a ton of skinny fit ones.  I was like "How did I get to the girl's section?  Oh wait.  They're for boys. No thank you."
  • Options
    TJ1979 said:
    UO: I don't like skinny pants on guys.  It just looks wrong.
    I was shopping for toddler pants online last night and there was a ton of skinny fit ones.  I was like "How did I get to the girl's section?  Oh wait.  They're for boys. No thank you."
    Toddler girls shouldn't be wearing them either.
  • Options
    Oh... I finally thought of one. 

I hate clothes for boys that say things like "chicks dig me"  "stud muffin" "ladies pick me up all day" 

I don't need or want clothes that sexualize my infant grrr 
    I just went clothes shopping for DS today and walked away with a total of one shirt because the rest of them were so effing dumb.  
  • Options
    stoneycakesstoneycakes member
    edited October 2014
    UO based on fb feed:  Common core math isn't the work of Satan and adults with average intelligence/learning ability are capable of understanding and explaining it to their children.
  • Options
    I don't like skinny jeans on anyone.
    I like skinny jeans on women with boots.  Or maybe I just love boots and skinny jeans help facilitate that love.  Like how pancakes help maple syrup get into my mouth.
  • Options
    Or how potato chips get more French onion dip into my mouth.  Mmmm homemade French onion dip.
  • Options
    My UO, I love skinny jeans on boys and babies. It's all I buy for Rosie and she rocks them so hard. Plus I wear them too. I haven't bought a pair for Cade yet, but he hates all clothes that don't have an elastic waistband.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I like jeggings on babies. It's makes them look like they are wearing real outfits. And I think boot cut jeans on toddlers look goofy.
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    Oh... I finally thought of one. 

I hate clothes for boys that say things like "chicks dig me"  "stud muffin" "ladies pick me up all day" 

I don't need or want clothes that sexualize my infant grrr 
    Finally... I agree with @redrockmama about something.  (I was j/k about my comment earlier BTW.) 

Clearly you've never seen this ass in a pair of skinny jeans.  Bow chicka bow WOW.
    I like skinny jeans on women with boots.  Or maybe I just love boots and skinny jeans help facilitate that love.  Like how pancakes help maple syrup get into my mouth.
    Mmmmmm.  Maple syrup.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options

Someone posted their gofundme on a local moms page I am on. She was trying to raise money to buy her 2 kids christmas presents because she said she couldn't afford any otherwise. It caused a huge shitstorm because she was asking for $1000. A bunch of people said they would have donated if she asked for less, but didn't because she asked for so much. A few offered to buy her toys instead. Then the moms on the other side said they understood and they would feel like failures if they couldn't/didn't spend that much on their kids at christmas.
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Asking for $1000 for Christmas presents in October sounds pretty sketchy.
  • Options
    Glitter should not be on clothes.

It gets everywhere in the washer and dryer.  

My husband should never wear skinny jeans.  He tried them on once and I almost died laughing.  He was not as amused and will not even consider trying on another pair.  Disclaimer: He isn't over weight and the laughing had nothing to do with his weight, they just looked very comical.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"