Cloth Diapering
Options

~~~UOs~~~

2»

Re: ~~~UOs~~~

• Options
    I don't think that people should use sites like gofundme dot com to fund their own wishes and dreams.

Awesome resources for emergencies, illnesses and disasters.

Someone posted their gofundme on a local moms page I am on. She was trying to raise money to buy her 2 kids christmas presents because she said she couldn't afford any otherwise. It caused a huge shitstorm because she was asking for $1000. A bunch of people said they would have donated if she asked for less, but didn't because she asked for so much. A few offered to buy her toys instead. Then the moms on the other side said they understood and they would feel like failures if they couldn't/didn't spend that much on their kids at christmas.

Wow, I'm like crazy over spender usually, and that's insane to feel like a failure for not spending that much. I'm not even spending 500 for A's birthday and Christmas combined.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @TJ1979 I know, I have a fabulous sarcastic detector ;) I tried to think of a smart ass thing to say, but my brain was too tired and then I forgot. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mapleme said:
    Mapleme said:
    My UO: I don't think potato chips should be dipped in anything. Flavored potato chips are tasty (like Salt and Pepper Kettle Chips, oh my), but any kind of dip or topping on them tastes weird or wrong.
    OMG.  This is the first time you've been wrong about food.
    In truth I'm not a big chip fan. I don't hate them, but meh. Before I met DH it wasn't unusual for a half eaten bag of chips to go stale. I think my thing about potato chips and dip is this: they're not strong enough to hold up to the heavier things, like bean dips, they go soggy in things like salsa and with creamy dips they just taste like fat topped with fat. Tortilla chips and dip I am all about. Or crackers. I love crackers. Especially triscuits.

You say this like it's somehow a bad thing? :-/
    Yeah, methinks that's why it tastes so good.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    $1000 dollars on two kids? Seriously! I only plan to spend 1500 on my whole family. That means like 12 people including DH and DD. Maybe my UO is that I am a cheapskate, or just a super bargin shopper?
  • Options
    $1000 dollars on two kids? Seriously! I only plan to spend 1500 on my whole family. That means like 12 people including DH and DD. Maybe my UO is that I am a cheapskate, or just a super bargin shopper?

Nope. I'm looking at spending 1000 on all extended family. If I spend 100 on each kid, that's pretty good. Last year I actually wrapped old baby toys for C. We had so many, but I wanted my daughter to see gifts for him.
  • Options
    I tried to put "normal" corduroy pants (size 6 mths) on G2 a couple weeks ago... they wouldn't fit over her thighs. The idea of trying to put her in skinny jeans is ludicrous.
    London Eye 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• Options
    Some random person just posted their gofundme on my BMB...
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    @mrshudson618 That's against TOU.  Flag it.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    TJ1979 said:

Yeah but what if they really need to go on vacation, TJ? Do you really feel comfortable being the one who crushes that dream? ;)
  • Options
    Yeah but what if they really need to go on vacation, TJ? Do you really feel comfortable being the one who crushes that dream? ;)
    I need to start one to fund my beer collection.
  • Options
    Speaking of beer.  

I might have an way to get a few cans of Heady Topper.  A co-worker of mine is venturing out to VT and I have already informed him that he needs to make a pit stop and pick up a couple.  As soon as I said this is the best beer in Vermont he wanted driving directions.

• Options
    Why yes, yes I do.  I am a professional dream crusher.  Ask MH.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    TJ1979 said:
    Why yes, yes I do.  I am a professional dream crusher.  Ask MH.

For a while, we were petty sure J's call sign was going to end up being Dream Crusher ;)
    London Eye 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"