Parenting
Options

Loss talk

I hope this thread is ok.

I'm having so much trouble two months out. First of all, my fucking cycles? I'm on CD 42 right now. Negative tests. No period in sight. If I ever get my period, it will be my second period post loss. I got my hopes up that I was pregnant and took a test this morning and now I'm having an awful day-cried the whole way to work. When will my cycles go back to normal?

Then, of course, I'm just not ok emotionally. Sometimes I'm so sad that it physically hurts. Nothing DH says makes me feel better, which isn't his fault. I know he's frustrated that he can't help me. But he can't. I don't think anyone can.

Anyway, I'm just rambling I guess.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                     DS is 1DAF

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black

Re: Loss talk

• Options

Hi-- I'm so sorry you are having a hard time.  The long cycles aren't helping either I am sure.

Husbands can't help- they didn't physically experience the loss, so it's all abstract to them.  Time will help a little bit, but it's always going to be a little sad.  Hang in there, you aren't alone.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    I dont have any advice, and I hope its ok that I came in here just say I'm so sorry you're struggling. I just want to reach out and hug you. Maybe a call to the OB is in order? Im sure they will probably just say yo give it more time, which doesnt make it easier, but maybe they can direct you as to when to come back in and get checked out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm gonna start temping when (if?!?!??) I start my period. I hate temping!

Here's a dumb question. If I do temp and I get the rise and everything does that definitely mean I ovulated?

DS is 1DAF

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black
  • Options
    I don't have much to offer here but hugs.
    So many hugs LJ and Sterling.
  • Options

Big hugs to you.  I don't remember what my cycles did after the loss (felt like I bled forever and don't remember when it finally got normal).  But I do remember that my hormones were so out of whack that I was losing hair like crazy, had horrible acne and emotionally was a mess.  I think all of that combined was too much for me and I went back on the pill to try to even things out again.  It was probably meant to be a short term approach but I'm chicken sh*t and haven't gone back off yet. (two years later)

I'm not sure what advice I have other than what you're going through is normal, but I agree that it might be worth talking to someone. I wish that I had.

*Siggy Warning*

About me  2007: Started TTC. 2008: OB prescribed clomid, went to RE and was Dx with PCOS. 2009: IUI #1 w/follitsim and trigger = BFP. B/G Twins born at 33 weeks. 2012: TTC #3, Round 2 of Letrozole w/TI = BFP, missed m/c at 8 1/2 wks. Currently on the bench as we make plans for a new home. Anxious to start TTC #3 within the next year!

• Options
    I'm just so type A and I hate how little control I have here. If I had regular cycles at least I could feel like TTC was useful. Now I just feel like there's no hope. I guess temping will at least give me some control back. Or the illusion of control maybe.

DS is 1DAF

• Options
    I am so sorry that you are going through this. I echo what the others said about reading TCOYF. It was very informative. Temping was very difficult for me and very anxiety provoking. I never got the hang of it and my charts while temping looked ridiculous. I did use cheapy OPKs though.
  • Options
    OPKs seem like a lot of work. Yes or no?

DS is 1DAF

• Options
    I didn't think they were, but I guess it could be a pain. I started at day 8 of my cycle and tested AM, midday, and PM. The midday one I did at work. I just had disposable cups and opks in a ziploc bag.
  • Options

So many hugs to you, LJ and Sterling.  I hate that you guys are hurting and wish I could fix it.  :(

LJ, I didn't find OPKs to be too much work.  It's really just peeing on a stick once a day until you get a positive, during the days most likely to be positive.  I found them more reassuring than temping alone (I did both), because with temping, you don't know you ovulated until after it happens.  I guess it would be more work with screwy cycles because you'd have to POAS more days, but hopefully your cycles will get back to normal soon (mine did after a few months).

And also, more hugs.

• Options
    First, HUGE hugs to both of you @littlestjerry @sterling13 and anyone else that might be hurting right now due to a loss. 

I really hope your period comes soon.  My first one after my loss took a while to show up (I can't remember how long now).  It's so hard when all you want to do is try to move on and your body isn't cooperating.  

I'm sorry you're still having a tough time emotionally with everything.  I really felt like no one understood how much it hurt. It seemed like no one wanted to talk about it either which was hard. 
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I'm sorry LJ and Sterling :(

I find temping wayyyyy easier and convenient (and accurate, for me), than OPKs.
    SQUIRREL!!!

• Options
    Hugs to @littlestjerry @sterling13 and anyone else that is dealing with loss.

From the emotional side, I agree with PPs that it takes time, and the wounds never completely heal, but things become more bearable. Talking with friends was somewhat helpful, but mostly it took time.
  • Options
    I am offering hugs too. I would braid your hair, but I suck at it. Perhaps a spiked hot cocoa and a Madonna danceathon? @Sterling13 @littlestjerry
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I just want to give you Hugs :( I'm sorry you are going through this.

Cat leg goes crazy and beats itself in the face

image  image
  • Options
    @guiltypleasures‌ that was beautiful. I want to give all of the ladies in this thread a huge hug. Unless you hate hugs, then I will give you a side hug.
  • Options
    Hugs to everyone in this thread. @littlestjerry‌ I also would cry on the way home from work a lot the first couple of months after my loss. I loved your idea to make a bear for the baby! I got a memorial necklace, and we are also planting a tree for our baby. I can't wait until it's planted and I can look out and have that tangible reminder.

I'm 6 months out now, and it's still really hard, especially as we get closer to the EDD. Our really good friends just had their baby, and we saw him for the first time this weekend. It was awesome to meet the little guy, but it just made it so real. We could have had a little baby in our arms too. It was the hardest to watch my husband hold him than to even hold him myself, I don't know why. I just feel bad that I couldn't make him a dad. I know it's not my fault, but I can't help these thoughts/feelings.

It's so nice to be able to talk to people who understand, so thank you everyone for sharing your stories. I don't talk about the baby much IRL because most people just give me that sad pity look or don't know what to say.

Formerly Aaren91011
    Trying for baby #1 since July 2013  -  DX: PCOS
    BFP: 2/27/14 - EDD 11/11/14 - MMC 4/21/14 @ 11w (stopped growing @ 9w)
    TTA until January
  • Options
    I like the idea of this post. Hugs to all the loss moms all around. It's the club nobody wants to be a part of. But I feel like we all have a bit of a connection that only loss mom's understand. It's always in the back of your mind. Some days more than others. Here is my story (I apologize for the novel. I have never written this out before, but maybe it will help. Here goes).

I lost my pregnancy in February of 2013. I found out I was pregnant on New Years Day. Due date was September 11, 2013. I was nearly 12 weeks. It was my second pregnancy. DD1 was 1 yr 9 months.

It all began with some spotting. I had some with my first pregnancy too, but earlier on though.I had an ultrasound then and it was fine. The rest of my pregnancy was fairly easy.

But this time it happened in my 10th week. I waited in the ER by myself while DH stayed home with DD1.They did an ultrasound and baby's little heart was beating. I went home so relieved. I was elated. That was Sunday.

The next Saturday I woke up in the middle of the night with substantial bleeding. I felt like this can't be okay, but I didn't let go of hope. I woke up DH and he kind of questioned whether the hospital would do anything. I didn't care. Had to go. So me, DH and my little 1 year 9 month old DD1 set off in a snow storm in the middle of the night. DD1 had to come, my parents were in Jamiaca. My sister didn't answer my calls. We got there. They brought me in. Did a urine test. They did an ultrasound with the little portable machine. The doctor said he didn't think he saw anything but I will have to stay and have a full ultrasound in the morning, to be sure. I still didn't give up hope. They set us up in a little room with one hospital bed. I snuggled up to DD1 who was asleep. I tried to sleep, but that was impossible.

The next morning the ultrasound tech came and got me. He was a younger guy. I remember walking down the hall and him staying so upbeat. Talking about the weather and spring approaching. As he did the ultrasound he kept up the small talk. I had to do an internal ultrasound too. I asked questions but he kept telling me the doctor would have answers. I held it together. Got dressed. Went back to my little family waiting for me. Then the doctor came. Told me I had lost the pregnancy. I was having a natural miscarriage and I could go home. That was it.

I cried. DH cried. My sister and my Grandma showed up. We all cried. Then I went home and cried. I felt almost numb. DH really tried to hold it all together for me. I could tell though. He was afraid. I didn't go back to work for a week.

We also went to build a bear. I made a white dog covered in red hearts. I put a little pulsing heartbeat inside it.

The absolute worst was going to pick up my parents a week later at the airport. My mom had been emailing us but I had never responded. The first thing my step dad did was pat my belly and say "getting bigger!". I just shook my head and tears filled my eyes. My mom looked at me inquisitively. I just said no and shook my head again. My mom started to cry and hugged me. I did too. Then I felt embarrassed in the airport. Like all these people were watching us. Probably thinking we were some happy reunion of family members that have been apart for months. I drove them home and when my mom went to the bathroom DD followed. I happened to walk by and heard my mom say to DD in a shaky voice"I wanted you to have a sister".

I often think back and feel like I wish I had some more closure. I had to experience most of my miscarriage at home, while I was in such a lost place mentally and emotionally. I don't even know where my first ultrasound picture went. I hid it away somewhere. Couldn't bear to see it.

I ended up pregnant with DD2 a few months later. I spent the majority of my pregnancy feeling like I was walking on eggshells. I ordered a doppler and listened in at least once a day. I didn't feel relief until she was in my arms.

• Options
    It really was @Sterling13‌ I think it's one of the hardest parts. Knowing you are never going to have that "super excited, yay I'm going to have a baby!" feeling. You always feel like you will jinx yourself. Always saying things like "if all goes well"( at least that's how it was for me). It also hurt that it felt like others didn't get it. Like my mom, "oh I'm sure everything will be fine. At least it happened early. Nature has a way of dealing with these things" I think she hit the whole bingo card
  • Options
    I feel the same way @Sterling13‌. I wasn't that worried with my second pregnancy. But with DD2 it was stressful. And yes I think we do have the same mother! She has said several times, "you know I think the age difference between DD1 and DD2 is perfect. It's a good thing you didn't have one any sooner". Ya...good thing :-/
  • Options
    MIL was terrible with it, and I'll probably always carry some resentment for it. She basically said it was just an extra heavy period. Mmmmmk. 

DS is 1DAF

• Options
    I think I have the same mom too. She said she wasn't sure how I'd handle three kids and that didn't seem fair to the twins so maybe it was for the best, she made the nature comment too. She makes comments like that still. I love that woman but she sure knows how to put a knife to the heart.

*Siggy Warning*

About me  2007: Started TTC. 2008: OB prescribed clomid, went to RE and was Dx with PCOS. 2009: IUI #1 w/follitsim and trigger = BFP. B/G Twins born at 33 weeks. 2012: TTC #3, Round 2 of Letrozole w/TI = BFP, missed m/c at 8 1/2 wks. Currently on the bench as we make plans for a new home. Anxious to start TTC #3 within the next year!

• Options
    @bearfootz‌ oh yes. My mom has said the "it wouldn't be fair to my oldest to have to share the attention". Recently she had told us she wanted to get everyone these necklaces (similiar to origami owl) for Christmas. She wanted me to pick my charm things. When I picked mine, DH, DD1 and 2s birthstone plus a September stone, she was like "September?". And I was like ya for my lost baby and she was like "Ohhhh Kay? ". :-/
    WTH. I carried that baby 3 months. There may not have been a burial or funeral. We may have never actually seen it. But it was my baby.
  • Options

stra0111  The thing is that my mom lost a baby - she got sick at 7 months pregnant, went into labor and he passed shortly after birth. I don't think she let herself feel the feelings when that happened.  When I had the twins and they were premature I think she realized that had that baby been born with today's medical advances he might have survived and I think it brought up a lot of emotions she'd repressed.  But I guess that's why I thought she might have been more understanding, even though it was an earlier loss it's still a loss. 

Also, while the majority of the emotions are because of the loss there's still that whole issue of not being able to control what your body does - and that really stinks.  Hating your body isn't fun.

*Siggy Warning*

• Options
    I'm so sorry, @luxannie.  I can't imagine how tough that must have been.

• Options
    @luxannie I'm so sorry. That must have been devastating. I wish I could give you all the hugs ever.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"