May 2014 Moms
Options

The Food (for babies) Thread

12345679»

Re: The Food (for babies) Thread

• Options
    haykay13 said:

Ok--so a yogurt question. DH went grocery shopping and I put plain whole milk yogurt on the list. He couldn't find whole milk yogurt so he got low fat. Everything I found online says to give full fat dairy before age 2 because babies need the fats for brain development. But, since DS is still getting his nutrition from BM, is it ok for me to give him low fat yogurt? DS only eats maybe 1 oz of food 2x a day so it really wouldn't be what he gets nutrients from.

I think that's fine. The only whole milk yogurt I can find is stoneyfield brand yobaby and my grocery doesn't carry plain for some reason. I've given him vanilla, peach and pear & he loves them all.
    I accidentally fed DD yotoddler instead of yobaby for an entire week before noticing I bought the wrong one, I switched back but I don't think the low fat week hurt her or anything especially as she is also still being formula fed
  • Options

And after all my worry about the yogurt, DS had an allergic reaction to it and we're in the ER of the children's hospital now. Ugh. There goes my afternoon of work on my dissertation.

So sorry about your LO's allergic reaction. Hope he recovers quickly!

You *will* get through your dissertation. It always helped me to break it down into minute tasks so I got to have some tasks I could do in 5-10-15 minutes and then cross them off the list for blissful momentary satisfaction.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Regs, lurkers and newbies we are leaving TheBump. Come join us at the new place
    https://****/board/50/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"