February 2014 Moms
Options

Tuesday randoms

Morning! Good luck to those going back to school today!

Re: Tuesday randoms

• Options
    Ugggghhhhh my alarm just went off. And then LO started crying.
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @BlueDot818‌ Poor guy! Are saline drops helping at all? Otherwise humidifier and hot steam from the shower are the only other tricks I know of. Can you elevate him in the RNP or something similar?

I read somewhere (not sure if it was here) that Motrin helps reduce the swelling in their nasal passages so it can help a bit with congestion. Hope he feels better soon!
  • Options

Thanks @starfisher I've been letting him sleep on the boppy during the day, but I don't feel comfortable doing that at night... I have motrin, but haven't tried it yet... humidifier has been going, I'd do Rnp but he is too long now...

Can you put something under the crib mattress to elevate his head? That's what we did, and it seemed to really help.
  • Options
    @elf828‌
    The legs pop right off and then you've just got the seat. It's great.

image image
  • Options
    Happy back to school for all those with bigs (and good luck teachers!)
    Hope it's a good day for everyone
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers  
      Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Good luck teachers and mommas with kids starting school today! Our schools have been in session a few weeks already.

My random? I cried in the shower this morning. I stepped on the scale right before-I am officially heavier now than I was at 39 weeks pregnant (when I delivered. I believe I will be making a dr appt today-doesn't seem right to have gained 50+lbs in 6-7mo.

dx PCOS 2007

BFP #1 (natural) 12/23/2010. Stillbirth due to IC 4/2/2011

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

05/2013 BFP on a Letrozole (Femara)/trigger!

Cerclage, Procardia, Makena, GD (with insulin), MBR, and we made it!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our Angel was born sleeping at 20 weeks due to IC.

• Options
    @ramfan05 I thought of you yesterday evening, We went on a walk and i saw that one of my neighbors had all of her fall yard decor out

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options
    @armfruit‌ Isn't interrupting the Ohio State/Michigan game some kind of cardinal sin? I'm not even from there and I know that. And the other two sound awful...sorry you're dealing with tacky crap.
  • Options
    It's my birthday (translation, I'm old).  I'm in a sad funk.  Oh and I have tender spots and a couple bruises along my C-section incision/scar and I don't know where they came from.
    formerly skoczera
    ~s.h.
    38 y.o. w/PCOS

F14 October Siggy Challenge - Animals in Costume
    ...image...

August Siggy Challenge-Rainbows & Unicorns

March 10, 2014 - G was born

Lilypie First Birthday tickers    Anniversary       
  • Options
    @codypup - where'd you get that bib?  LOVE IT!
    formerly skoczera
    ~s.h.
    38 y.o. w/PCOS

...image...

• Options
    breadpuddingbreadpudding member
    edited September 2014
    @hammysmommy Happy Birthday! <:-P

Good Morning! There's only an hour and a half left before @golfergirl08 comes over and I'm still sitting on my couch drinking coffee. (Read: lazy.) I'm so excited for our GTG though. We have to remember to take pics this time. 8-}

Also, Happy back to school day everyone (who this applies to). :D
  • Options
    elf828 said:
    LO slept for 10.5 hours! And I slept for an uninterrupted 6.5 hours. I feel like a new woman. Only a 3 day workweek for me because we are taking a weekend trip down the shore on Friday. I think I will swing by Ikea to buy the $20 high chair to bring with us. Is it really easy to collapse? Good luck to all the back-to-schoolers!
    We love our IKEA highchairs.  It doesn't exactly collapse, but the legs come out of the seat really easily. 
    BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • Options
    Happy Birthday @hammysmommy !  

Thanks @KatyBriggs !

I'm still rolling my eyes over "please, gifts from the registry only." "we have too much pink."

Hey, did I miss any important name changes?  Or good drama?  

F'14 October Siggy Challenge: Animals in Costumes

• Options
    Good luck teachers and mommas with kids starting school today! Our schools have been in session a few weeks already. My random? I cried in the shower this morning. I stepped on the scale right before-I am officially heavier now than I was at 39 weeks pregnant (when I delivered. I believe I will be making a dr appt today-doesn't seem right to have gained 50+lbs in 6-7mo.
    Hugs to you Jackie. I agree, that kind of gain is concerning, and I want you to go to the doc ASAP. I hope everything is ok.

armfruit said:
    P.s. I got her a board book from the $1 section of target and a sweater I found for $2 bucks. Guess she will be getting a case if diapers! Everyone needs that. P.s.- she did not buy me something off my registery.
    Just to play devils advocate for a moment.... How many of us have mentioned having so many clothes that LO barely wears? She certainly could have been less tacky about it though. My friend had a shower, and the hostess (not the mom) asked for size 9 months +. But this is from someone who hates baby registries and has never been to a baby shower a) before the baby is born or b) one where any useful items are given
    F14 Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    @mummypig I suspected that was you.  I never would have figured out the others.  Thanks!

• Options
    armfruit said:
    @MissDemeanor‌ I get it. I really do. But its beyond ungrateful.
    And TACKY! So tacky
    F14 Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    Happy birthday @hammysmommy‌!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    What is the point of a bib? So that only 10% of his clothes get dirty instead of 95%? I still have to change him!
    Agreed.  So far we either have LO eat in just his diaper or change him after meals.  I'm thinking we might need it when he gets a bit bigger and he is eating out in public or whatever.  I know some people have LOs wear them all day for droll.  

• Options
    Meghan14 said:
    What is the point of a bib? So that only 10% of his clothes get dirty instead of 95%? I still have to change him!
    Agreed.  So far we either have LO eat in just his diaper or change him after meals.  I'm thinking we might need it when he gets a bit bigger and he is eating out in public or whatever.  I know some people have LOs wear them all day for droll.  
    My LO spits up a lot and it's easier to put on a new bib than to take off his pants change his onesie, put pants back on, etc. And I do t want his cute shirts to get stained. I often put bibs on him on the car, so his outfit doesn't get ruined before we even get somewhere. 

I use cute cloth bibs for that. For feeding I put plastic bibs on that can just be run under the tap
    F14 Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    I saw on GMA a while ago that both Jenny and Sherry were cut from The View. So why are they on this morning?
    F14 Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    What are people doing at this stage in restaurants? Are your Los sitting up well enough to go into the restaurant high chair?
    We use the restaurant high chair but bring the IKEA highchair pillow with us to prop him up a bit.
    BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • Options
    @hammysmommy‌ happy birthday! <:-P
    @utpony‌ good luck!

My random observation: It's impossible to suck in your gut when you have period cramps.

• Options
    @mummypig - I DVR'd it to watch tonight!

@utpony - good luck!
    formerly skoczera
    ~s.h.
    38 y.o. w/PCOS

...image...

• Options
    @carissalynp I like "dirtless" with jeans too ;)
    formerly skoczera
    ~s.h.
    38 y.o. w/PCOS

...image...

• Options
    I don't think I'll ever get sick of turkey sandwiches. They are my favorite lunch option!

You just made a turkey sandwich sound absolutely amazing. I want one NOW.

• Options

I have a FFTC- I am addicted to subscription boxes. I get Birchbox male (for DH) and female (for me). I get ipsy for me and 2 Graze boxes (for DH and I). I get Kiwi Crate for DD1, Citrus Lane for LO and I just subscribed to whimseybox.

I also get every magazine ever- Martha, Real Simple, BHG, Women's Health, Women's Day (I'm not sure how I got this one), Rachel Ray, Men's Fitness, GQ, Nat'l Geographic Kids... I am singlehandedly keeping the US postal system alive. 

If I could afford it, I would subscribe to all of the boxes. For now, though, I can only do Stitch Fix and I'm waiting on our first Citrus Lane box.
  • Options
    I'm home from my first real day! It was all booooring meetings. I'm pumping, bumping, and snacking before I go pick LO up from daycare.

Also, I think my eye infection is back. Sigh.

@mummypig‌ I haven't watched it yet. Maybe this afternoon or evening, but probably more likely tomorrow.
  • Options

I want to TP my DH. He absolutely refuses to get a vasectomy unless I pay for it (he was told by a male coworker that it's not covered, I'm not so sure). He acts like I'm so horrible for asking him to go through such a terrible (insert eye roll) procedure, and why don't I go get my tubes tied instead? Ugh.

Call the insurance company and find out. There is an in office procedure that closes your Fallopian tubes that you can look into. Let me grab the link.

We plan to do both when we're sure we are done.

image image
  • Options
    I want to TP my DH. He absolutely refuses to get a vasectomy unless I pay for it (he was told by a male coworker that it's not covered, I'm not so sure). He acts like I'm so horrible for asking him to go through such a terrible (insert eye roll) procedure, and why don't I go get my tubes tied instead? Ugh.
    Ugh! I would also want to TP him! Even if it isn't covered... it's one of those expenses that you just make it work, regardless. MH and I haven't had this conversation yet (we are hoping to have another one in a few years), but I fully plan on him having the vasectomy rather than me getting my tubes tied. I've known more than one person that has had pregnancy scares and other issues even after the tubal ligation.

dx PCOS 2007

BFP #1 (natural) 12/23/2010. Stillbirth due to IC 4/2/2011

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

05/2013 BFP on a Letrozole (Femara)/trigger!

Cerclage, Procardia, Makena, GD (with insulin), MBR, and we made it!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our Angel was born sleeping at 20 weeks due to IC.

• Options
    elf828 said:

LO slept for 10.5 hours! And I slept for an uninterrupted 6.5 hours. I feel like a new woman. Only a 3 day workweek for me because we are taking a weekend trip down the shore on Friday. I think I will swing by Ikea to buy the $20 high chair to bring with us. Is it really easy to collapse?

Good luck to all the back-to-schoolers!

I was at IKEA yesterday and some of the $20 high chairs were half off. Not sure if it's everywhere or if it's all the colors but something to look into for those of you wanting one

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"