September 2012 Moms
Options

FFFC

It's getting posted later and later each week....but here goes

Re: FFFC

• Options

I have a super hard time putting on a supportive face for my mom when she goes on her tangents of losing weight. She'll do good for like 3 days, expect compliments and praise then fall off the wagon big time. She's been a member at her gym for 2+ years. I'm pretty sure she's gone less than 50 times. It's ridiculous.

Yesterday we went to lunch and she's complaining the whole time about how she needs to lose weight yet she's stuffing fries, chicken nuggets and a cheese burger in her mouth. Oh and a coke to wash it down. Really?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    jenmbott said:

I spend too much money on my kids (DDs) clothes.  I didn't think twice about dropping $60 yesterday on some fall clothes (that will be worn less than a year) yet I hesitate to buy myself a $30 sweater that I will have for 5+ years.

I do this too. I will drop $50 on the kids in a heartbeat but deny myself a haircut that costs the same amount. I really don't know why.
  • Options
    BPerBPer member
    I have a truly shitty sleeper in Ben. His sleep has actually gotten worse since leaving the hospital. I've tried everything that worked with hannah, and every suggestion that I've been given. No luck.

He seems to only be content laying on his belly. If he'll sleep that way, I may invest I'm a ridiculous angel care monitor and let him.

• Options
    I went to the outlets and couldn't spend outlet prices on baby clothes. Crazy.
  • Options
    I went to the outlets and couldn't spend outlet prices on baby clothes. Crazy.

Sometimes the prices aren't that great.

I also tend to buy B's clothes on clearance. His whole summer wardrobe minus shoes was maybe $100. I bought more shorts than he needed. Shoes on the other hand. His feet have grown so much since last summer we have to buy new because I need them in a pinch. He's gone from a 5.5 to a 9!

I try to buy ahead/clearance as much as possible.

I also do treat myself once in a while and deny myself some things. I usually put B's stuff before me but once in a while I need something for myself too.

• Options
    @BPer - I would not invest in the angel care monitor.  We had one and the pad was recalled and despite filling out the recall paperwork the replacement never came until after both parent units had broken.  We now have another brand as I had to buy a replacement...  

G was and still is a mover when he sleeps; i have no idea how he gets into the positions he gets into.  We more or less had that thing go off and wake him up and eventually just turned it off.  I would suggest if you are worried a video monitor might be a better investment for the same money...  and last longer.  as found numerous other had the same problems we had with the parent units.
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • Options
    kelbel527 said:
    This isn't a FFFC really, but today is Brody's last day at his daycare.  He's going to be doing a more structured 4K program.  I teared up a bit when I dropped him off this morning.  He's been with some of these teachers for 4 1/2 years!  

The day Aedan leaves our daycare, I'm going to be a mess.  I love it there.
    On a similar note - I was so mad at Lilly throwing a fit about leaving daycare on Thursday night, I contemplated pulling her and finding a more structured setting. 

Rationally, I know that it is awesome that my kid likes her DCP so much and hates to leave. But irrational me is more prevalant and wants me to pull her in hopes that she likes coming home to us more. 

Disclaimer - I know my child is an irrational 2 year old and I am not doing anything to spite her; just thinking about it. 
    :P

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    BPerBPer member
    smb+jab said:

@BPer - I would not invest in the angel care monitor.  We had one and the pad was recalled and despite filling out the recall paperwork the replacement never came until after both parent units had broken.  We now have another brand as I had to buy a replacement...  

G was and still is a mover when he sleeps; i have no idea how he gets into the positions he gets into.  We more or less had that thing go off and wake him up and eventually just turned it off.  I would suggest if you are worried a video monitor might be a better investment for the same money...  and last longer.  as found numerous other had the same problems we had with the parent units.
    We already have a video monitor in there, but I can't be staring at it all night long if he sleeps on his belly. He has a really strong neck and really good head control so I an shouldn't worry too much.

• Options
     She's an angel for the sitter so sometimes I think she just hates me.

Most of the time DS is an angel for my mom. I go to pick him up from her house and he throws a fit. He can't wait to get there and never wants to leave.

As for DC he never wants to go but then never wants to come home after. Exact quote from DC "He's an absolute angel. I wish all the kids were like Bennett." Say what?

• Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    BobKat22 said:
    My kid is a holy terror. And it's not for the lack of parenting on our part. I'm so tired of being so strict and such a mean mommy, but I can't give in to her antics or I'd be afraid to see how much worse she could get. My mom has her for the day and had her yesterday evening. She is worn out already this morning and truly recommended I look into calling super nanny. FFFC: I'm just glad she's acting the same for my mom as she does me for two reasons. So my mom can see what I deal with and so I know DD doesn't just act like that with me. She's an angel for the sitter so sometimes I think she just hates me.
    I like the super nanny books. Have you read any of them?

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    kelbel527 said:
    This isn't a FFFC really, but today is Brody's last day at his daycare.  He's going to be doing a more structured 4K program.  I teared up a bit when I dropped him off this morning.  He's been with some of these teachers for 4 1/2 years!  

The day Aedan leaves our daycare, I'm going to be a mess.  I love it there.
    Hopefully the change will be good for him though. He seems ready to be challenged more and have less down time. Good Luck!

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    BPer said:

We already have a video monitor in there, but I can't be staring at it all night long if he sleeps on his belly. He has a really strong neck and really good head control so I an shouldn't worry too much.
    I know kids that were rolling over at a month old. I wouldn't be too worried about belly sleeping if that is the only way you guys are able to sleep.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    James has an entitlement problem. Matt always brings a toy home for the kids when he goes on a work trip. Well, he hasn't traveled in the last few weeks and James is getting a bit demanding for a surprise. Almost every day this week he has asked if Papa is going to bring him a surprise. When I tell him no, Papa just went to the office today and not on an airplane, he gets all pouty about it. I wish Matt would just stop buying them stuff when he is gone. Oh, and I was only gone for 24 hours last week and James was pouty that I didn't bring him something. Good grief.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    smb+jab said:

That sucks you had such a bad experience with the AC monitor. :(

@BPer, we had the old model from 5 years ago for DD and loved it. We purchased the new one with the video monitor for Mason when he was born and to say we LOVED it would be a gross understatement. Mason was a tummy sleeper, too and it literally gave me my sanity back. I realize I'm dramatic in my statements, but take these for face value.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    @bobkat22 I would be writing that same post, but for some reason DD chilled the F out over the past few months.  There is hope!  Some kids are just squirly and exhausting :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    Cheenomae said:
    hmp1 said:
    BPer said:
    People like me are envious of people like you. I mean that as a huge compliment. My sisters are able to just enjoy life with their kids and I'm admittedly jealous. I worry about everything. I think we've even discussed this at nauseum (is that the word?) already. 

Unrelated to the FFFC, but I finally made an appt with a therapist for this Monday. @BobKat22, I was reading the Wednesday UO discussion yesterday and we have a lot of similarities. I've talked openly about wanting therapy for about 2 years with DH being rather hesitant. He doesn't really understand, but I wanted to prime him to the idea. I told him Tuesday that I made the appt and he's being really supportive. I'm so excited to finally figure my shit out!

DH doesn't care if I go to therapy, he just doesn't understand it. So he's always been supportive, but rather c'est la vi about it.....
    We have talked about it--but look how much progress you're already making! :-)
    I'm glad you decided to go talk to someone.  My DH was really supportive when I went in 2012 and even came with me the first time.  Sometimes you just need an outsider to help you out.  There's nothing wrong with that. :-)

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    @bper I am getting really scared, because I know H was a challenge like my W..... and I was really thinking that karma would deliver a heavenly angel perfect sleeper chilled out kid for #2.  Eeeeeeeeeeek
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    They've done studies about the energy level of two and three year olds. You have more energy then than the rest of your life. It's not just you guys.

Fffc: It is the last of my six "kid free" days to prep for going back to work. I haven't done any PowerPoints or anything concrete. My house is still a mess. Yet, I might just spend the day on the couch watching movies and playing video games. I shouldn't, but....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    BPer said:
    I have a truly shitty sleeper in Ben. His sleep has actually gotten worse since leaving the hospital. I've tried everything that worked with hannah, and every suggestion that I've been given. No luck. He seems to only be content laying on his belly. If he'll sleep that way, I may invest I'm a ridiculous angel care monitor and let him.
    FFFC Briar has slept on her stomach since she was 2 weeks old. It was the only thing that worked with us, too. 
  • Options
    This one is lame, but I'm about 2.2 seconds away from throwing out all of Jasper's lovies and blankets and such. He insists on carrying them all around at all hours of the day (3 stuffed animals, 2 blankets, and usually my iPad is in tow also) and flips shit because he can't carry them all without dropping them so he just stands there and screams MOMMY GET THEEEEESE!!!!!!. I've shown him he can put them in his shopping cart to push around, we got out his easter basket so he could use that... no go. They're all about to disappear.....

Also... someone shit their pants today, but you'd never guess who based on the pictures.... wtf?! (sorry if it's huge)
  • Options
    DH and I haven't done anything for our anniversary since 2011 because we had a NB in 2012, a just 1 year old in 2013, and now another NB in 2014.  I know that he won't think about it again this year and will probably feel bad that I bought him something, even though it's really no big deal.  Honestly, if @flamingemu hadn't mentioned candy like 2 weeks ago, I never would have gotten anything anyway. 

As it stands, this is the first non-self-serving present I've bought DH in a long time....I got him pralines from this candy shop in New Orleans that my sister brought back for us last year and he raved about for like 3 weeks straight.  DH loves them.  I hate them, so I won't even try and "share" with him. :-) 

I really feel like I'm growing as a person this week....I didn't mock shitty cookies, & I'm buying presents I won't benefit from.  This is definitely progress.

We'll be OOT with a 2 year old on our anniversary this year. It's the first we haven't done anything. I told DH a card would be great other than that save the $$. We have a Mexican vacation to pay in full 2 weeks later. Maybe he'll get me Coldstone. Sounds like a great gift to me.

• Options
    Holly_1007Holly_1007 member
    edited August 2014
    My Dr. prescribed me something for my anxiety/ depression yesterday. When I went to pick it up I noticed my neighbors car in the pharmacy parking lot. I drove around the block until he left before I went to get my prescription. I know that I need it, and that it will help me, so I don't know why I feel like I should hide it from people, but I do.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Add me to the group that spends too much on my kids and not enough on myself.  I learn about what's in style for the season from Baby Gap, which doesn't bode well for my closet!  I always plan to cut my hair 4x per year, but usually get it done less often than that. 

I haven't ever figured out how to use consignment sales or BST groups or even craigslist or ebay, so I've yet to sell a thing.  I really need to do something about that now that Julia is outgrowing some stuff.  I tend to just donate it all to goodwill or my MOPS group, but it would make a lot more financial sense to get some of our money back on the nicer things.

DH and I are strict with the girls, and feel no guilt whatsoever about being "mean."  They love us all the more for it, and it helps them learn where the boundaries are and how to behave socially.  I feel like parents are more likely to under-discipline than go overboard. 

• Options
    Also. The boys watched me get a blood draw yesterday. I knew it might upset keagan, but I literally had no other option except to bring them with me. I tried really hard to downplay it, even though I'm petrified of needles, but he keeps talking about it and checking on my arm.

• Options
    Holly_1007Holly_1007 member
    edited August 2014
    My parents dropped my brother off for his first year of college earlier this week. Freshman aren't allowed to have cars on campus, but he gained special permission to have his car. Everyone was pretty tight lipped about how he got permission, all i knew was that he had to write a letter about extenuating circumstances that required it. Come to find out, his letter involved me going through a 'nasty divorce' and him needing to help me with my kids. My brother has never EVER babysat a child on his own before. I'm trying not to be too pissed, because maybe he really is going to put in an effort to help me now that he is closer to me. Or maybe I'm just really naive.

• Options
    BPer said:
    I have a truly shitty sleeper in Ben. His sleep has actually gotten worse since leaving the hospital. I've tried everything that worked with hannah, and every suggestion that I've been given. No luck. He seems to only be content laying on his belly. If he'll sleep that way, I may invest I'm a ridiculous angel care monitor and let him.
    DD was a a belly sleeper. She slept in the bassinet butted up against my side of the bed. She was lifting her head up from the day she was born.  With everything considered, my feelings on the matter is that the benefit of her getting her needed sleep outweighed the risk of being on her belly. 

• Options
    My parents dropped my brother off for his first year of college earlier this week. Freshman aren't allowed to have cars on campus, but he gained special permission to have his car. Everyone was pretty tight lipped about how he got permission, all i knew was that he had to write a letter about extenuating circumstances that required it. Come to find out, his letter involved me going through a 'nasty divorce' and him needing to help me with my kids. My brother has never EVER babysat a child on his own before. I'm trying not to be too pissed, because maybe he really is going to put in an effort to help me now that he is closer to me. Or maybe I'm just really naive.
    WTAF? You better hold him to that excuse!

• Options
    We haven't done anything beyond cards and a small gift for our anniversary the last two years. It was me that brought up the candy and that's what we exchanged this year. Our anniversary was yesterday and the house was pure chaos. I would like to get back on track with at least a quiet dinner alone, but maybe in a few years it will be more realistic.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"