September 2012 Moms

FFFC

2»

Re: FFFC

• My parents dropped my brother off for his first year of college earlier this week. Freshman aren't allowed to have cars on campus, but he gained special permission to have his car. Everyone was pretty tight lipped about how he got permission, all i knew was that he had to write a letter about extenuating circumstances that required it. Come to find out, his letter involved me going through a 'nasty divorce' and him needing to help me with my kids. My brother has never EVER babysat a child on his own before. I'm trying not to be too pissed, because maybe he really is going to put in an effort to help me now that he is closer to me. Or maybe I'm just really naive.
    LOL, I can't believe your Mom was ok with him writing that!  And that no one bothered to fill you in on the whole thing!

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Here's one

Some of you may know from IG, but DS fell & got stitches in his lip on Wednesday. His lip is totally busted up. He's a ring bearer in a wedding tomorrow, as luck would have it. Now that we are 2 days removed from the incident, my superficialness (that's a word, right? lol) is coming out & I'm disappointed that his face is messed up for the event.

Also, we're leaving on a road trip the next day & his antibiotics have the warning that they may cause diarrhea. Lovely.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • DH got a "Happy Anniversary" card from his company for another year with them... I think it's weird... it was a navy greeting card with Happy Anniversary! emblazoned on the front in gold, and signed on the inside by everyone at corporate. 

I guess it's nice that they notice and care, but some companies give bonuses for  another year with them...

• bosha711 said:
    Here's one

Some of you may know from IG, but DS fell & got stitches in his lip on Wednesday. His lip is totally busted up. He's a ring bearer in a wedding tomorrow, as luck would have it. Now that we are 2 days removed from the incident, my superficialness (that's a word, right? lol) is coming out & I'm disappointed that his face is messed up for the event.

Also, we're leaving on a road trip the next day & his antibiotics have the warning that they may cause diarrhea. Lovely.

I would be upset too :( poor guy! And yikes, GL with that road trip!

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • hmp1hmp1 member
    bosha711 said:
    Here's one

I would absolutely feel the same way. I saw the picture on IG, how is he feeling? Is he able to eat/drink ok?

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• BPer said:
    I have a truly shitty sleeper in Ben. His sleep has actually gotten worse since leaving the hospital. I've tried everything that worked with hannah, and every suggestion that I've been given. No luck. He seems to only be content laying on his belly. If he'll sleep that way, I may invest I'm a ridiculous angel care monitor and let him.
    DS was a very colicky baby up until the 3 month mark.  We found that he slept so much better on his tummy plus he learned to suck his thumb and soothe himself that way.  I know it's a no no but it was the only way he would sleep.  I still checked on him 50x for each nap though.  I think it may have helped him roll over earlier too (he rolled tummy to back at 3 months) and now I don't feel nervous at all letting him sleep on his tummy.  Sometimes you have to trust mommy instincts.  

• BPerBPer member
    edited August 2014

@bper I am getting really scared, because I know H was a challenge like my W..... and I was really thinking that karma would deliver a heavenly angel perfect sleeper chilled out kid for #2.  Eeeeeeeeeeek

I thought that because of my shitty L&D experience with Hannah that this one would be a breeze...and then I had a surprise med - free birth. Ouch.

I also thought I'd spend ML watching Netflix and chilling out with with a sleepy NB. No luck.

Oh and one of my stitches pulled out at some point, and I had to have my vag cauterized yesterday. Fucking cauterized to close up the wound.

But maybe all of the shitty is being spent on me and you'll have an easy go of it. ;)

Edit because words are hard.

• Once my boys could roll onto their bellies, that's how they slept. They preferred it, and even if I went back in and rolled them onto their backs, they would just roll right back onto their bellies.

• hmp1hmp1 member
    BPer said:
    @bper I am getting really scared, because I know H was a challenge like my W..... and I was really thinking that karma would deliver a heavenly angel perfect sleeper chilled out kid for #2.  Eeeeeeeeeeek
    I thought that because of my shitty L&L experience with Hannah that this one would be a breeze...and then I had a surprise med - free birth. Ouch. I also thought I'd spend ML watching Netflix and chilling out with with a espy NB. No luck. Oh and one of my stitches pulled out at some point, and I had to have my vag cauterized yesterday. Fucking cauterized to close up the wound. But maybe all of the shitty is being spent on me and you'll have an easy go of it. ;)
    I didn't know what this was so I googled it. OMG.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• BPerBPer member
    hmp1 said:

BPer said:

I thought that because of my shitty L&L experience with Hannah that this one would be a breeze...and then I had a surprise med - free birth. Ouch.

I also thought I'd spend ML watching Netflix and chilling out with with a espy NB. No luck.

Oh and one of my stitches pulled out at some point, and I had to have my vag cauterized yesterday. Fucking cauterized to close up the wound.

But maybe all of the shitty is being spent on me and you'll have an easy go of it. ;)

I didn't know what this was so I googled it. OMG.

Oh yeah. Exactly what I was hoping for at 830am, while nursing my hangover from H's party. I could barely walk, and still couldn't get H to leave work early. Thankfully SIL came and helped with bedtime.

• BPer said:
    I thought that because of my shitty L&D experience with Hannah that this one would be a breeze...and then I had a surprise med - free birth. Ouch. I also thought I'd spend ML watching Netflix and chilling out with with a sleepy NB. No luck. Oh and one of my stitches pulled out at some point, and I had to have my vag cauterized yesterday. Fucking cauterized to close up the wound. But maybe all of the shitty is being spent on me and you'll have an easy go of it. ;) Edit because words are hard.
    This makes me want to cry for you.  Why can't you just catch a break?!

How has Hannah been with the "Welcome to the family Ben!" transition?

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• BPerBPer member
    @MarisaKathleen‌ She's really interested in him, and likes to kiss him and hold his hand and such, but whenever the attention shifts to just him (feedings, diaper changes, etc.) she turns into a little asshole (sorry, it's true). She will try and take his bottle and run off with it, she rips his pacifier out of his mouth, there's been some issues with hitting.

It's been a bit of a rough transition.

• BPer said:
    @MarisaKathleen‌ She's really interested in him, and likes to kiss him and hold his hand and such, but whenever the attention shifts to just him (feedings, diaper changes, etc.) she turns into a little asshole (sorry, it's true). She will try and take his bottle and run off with it, she rips his pacifier out of his mouth, there's been some issues with hitting. It's been a bit of a rough transition.
    Oh man, I'm sorry.  Here I was hoping that at least if he was a bit of a crank, then maybe she would have become completely angelic.  

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• I just went on Amazon to buy a new phone case (i hate my current one) and ended up buying new shoes. This morning I bought a bunch of Lucy workout gear on Zulily. 

I was trying not to spend any money on myself this month unless it was something needed. Oops.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • My coirker is slow and lazy. I am rebelling by being slow. I hate myself.

I got more shit down around the office for the 3 months I was solo than I do now with someone else here. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • BPer said:
    I thought that because of my shitty L&D experience with Hannah that this one would be a breeze...and then I had a surprise med - free birth. Ouch. I also thought I'd spend ML watching Netflix and chilling out with with a sleepy NB. No luck. Oh and one of my stitches pulled out at some point, and I had to have my vag cauterized yesterday. Fucking cauterized to close up the wound. But maybe all of the shitty is being spent on me and you'll have an easy go of it. ;) Edit because words are hard.
    Oh man!  I'm so sorry you're going through this.  That sounds painful.

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• hmp1 said:
    James has an entitlement problem. Matt always brings a toy home for the kids when he goes on a work trip. Well, he hasn't traveled in the last few weeks and James is getting a bit demanding for a surprise. Almost every day this week he has asked if Papa is going to bring him a surprise. When I tell him no, Papa just went to the office today and not on an airplane, he gets all pouty about it. I wish Matt would just stop buying them stuff when he is gone. Oh, and I was only gone for 24 hours last week and James was pouty that I didn't bring him something. Good grief.

Brody has this issue with my Mom.  She brings him stuff way too often that he always asks when she comes over.  It's so easy to come across as bratty at this age.  Frankly, when they get older they still feel the same way, they just hopefully know better to keep their mouth shut.

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• @bper dude.  DUDE.  :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • I'm sitting here rejoicing because I have no emails.  I caught up on this thread, went to post, oh.  Internet disconnected.  ::reconnect::  Ding dingDingDing 25 emails.  :((  Fucking A.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • bosha711bosha711 member
    edited August 2014
    hmp1 said:

bosha711 said:

Here's one

I would absolutely feel the same way. I saw the picture on IG, how is he feeling? Is he able to eat/drink ok?
    Thanks. He's feeling fine, which is the good part. He is still on soft foods for a couple more days. He's using a long skinny baby spoon to eat & those disposable bendy straws for drinking.

We had a follow up with the pediatrician today & turns out all the stitches fell out, which was my worry bc the very next morning it didn't look closed. She said it's typical at his age bc they don't know to leave it alone, but the positive is mouth wounds heal quickly on their own.

It's not infected, but she put him on antibiotics preventively. His cheek was slightly red & swollen, which could be a sign of infection, but we're hoping it's just from when he fell.

And now I'm nervous about sand getting into it on vacation. FX it improves a lot by Monday.

Such bad timing!

• BPer said:
    Yikes, that sucks!  So sorry you had to add that to the rest!
  • Holly_1007Holly_1007 member
    edited August 2014
    kelbel527 said:
    hmp1 said:
    James has an entitlement problem. Matt always brings a toy home for the kids when he goes on a work trip. Well, he hasn't traveled in the last few weeks and James is getting a bit demanding for a surprise. Almost every day this week he has asked if Papa is going to bring him a surprise. When I tell him no, Papa just went to the office today and not on an airplane, he gets all pouty about it. I wish Matt would just stop buying them stuff when he is gone. Oh, and I was only gone for 24 hours last week and James was pouty that I didn't bring him something. Good grief.

Brody has this issue with my Mom.  She brings him stuff way too often that he always asks when she comes over.  It's so easy to come across as bratty at this age.  Frankly, when they get older they still feel the same way, they just hopefully know better to keep their mouth shut.

I have been having this issue with keagan whenever he see's H. Every time I have gone to pick them up they have a new toy, or a new this or a new that. I had to have a civil discussion with him about it last night that somehow got turned into me 'ruining all his fun'with the boys. And trying to be a control freak. Good times.

• I don't think most companies give bonuses at every year interval.  Maybe a 5 or 10 year gift or bonus?  Actually, many probably don't acknowledge anniversaries, so I think a card is nice.  Or a card with a gift card for coffee or dinner would be really nice.

We give Christmas bonuses and merit based bonuses (if we complete a huge job).  All I hear out of our engineers all the time is bonus?bonus? do we get a bonus for that?.  Hey, someone farted, why didn't we get a bonus for that.  It makes my hand unable to write as many zeros come Christmas time.
    I mentioned the bonus more as a tongue-in-cheek thing than an actual expectation.  The acknowledgement was definitely nice, it was just the card itself that really looked like they got it at the Anniversary section of hallmark that weirded me out.
  • bosha711 said:
    bosha711 said:
    Here's one

Thanks. He's feeling fine, which is the good part. He is still on soft foods for a couple more days. He's using a long skinny baby spoon to eat & those disposable bendy straws for drinking. We had a follow up with the pediatrician today & turns out all the stitches fell out, which was my worry bc the very next morning it didn't look closed. She said it's typical at his age bc they don't know to leave it alone, but the positive is mouth wounds heal quickly on their own. It's not infected, but she put him on antibiotics preventively. His cheek was slightly red & swollen, which could be a sign of infection, but we're hoping it's just from when he fell. And now I'm nervous about sand getting into it on vacation. FX it improves a lot by Monday. Such bad timing!

that sounds pretty miserable. I would add a probiotic and stick to a very binding diet for the next few days to avoid the diarrhea if possible.

• I never felt any urge to "nest" before, but I'll be damned if I don't want to get everything off my desk before I go home for the weekend just in case I wouldn't be coming back.

Also, I wish I would have taken maternity leave early so I could have a few days to myself before baby gets here. :-(

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• bosha711 said:
    My parents dropped my brother off for his first year of college earlier this week. Freshman aren't allowed to have cars on campus, but he gained special permission to have his car. Everyone was pretty tight lipped about how he got permission, all i knew was that he had to write a letter about extenuating circumstances that required it. Come to find out, his letter involved me going through a 'nasty divorce' and him needing to help me with my kids. My brother has never EVER babysat a child on his own before. I'm trying not to be too pissed, because maybe he really is going to put in an effort to help me now that he is closer to me. Or maybe I'm just really naive.
    WTAF? You better hold him to that excuse!
    Especially since you just said you have no other option but to bring your kids to a doc appointment that you didn't want them to come to.  Um, yeah.  He can start pitching in.

Seriously, benefit of the doubt--tell him what you need and see if he can follow through.

• bosha711 said:

hmp1 said:

bosha711 said:

Here's one

Thanks. He's feeling fine, which is the good part. He is still on soft foods for a couple more days. He's using a long skinny baby spoon to eat & those disposable bendy straws for drinking.

We had a follow up with the pediatrician today & turns out all the stitches fell out, which was my worry bc the very next morning it didn't look closed. She said it's typical at his age bc they don't know to leave it alone, but the positive is mouth wounds heal quickly on their own.

It's not infected, but she put him on antibiotics preventively. His cheek was slightly red & swollen, which could be a sign of infection, but we're hoping it's just from when he fell.

And now I'm nervous about sand getting into it on vacation. FX it improves a lot by Monday.

Such bad timing!

that sounds pretty miserable. I would add a probiotic and stick to a very binding diet for the next few days to avoid the diarrhea if possible.
    Yes, we are doing a probiotic. He's been eating mostly yogurt & pastina, but you gave me the idea to pick up some bananas, thanks!

• hmp1hmp1 member
    I'm sitting here rejoicing because I have no emails.  I caught up on this thread, went to post, oh.  Internet disconnected.  ::reconnect::  Ding dingDingDing 25 emails.  :((  Fucking A.
     I have done this. Strutting around my house like I have nothing going on at work, then notice on the bottom corner of my Outlook it says "last updated at 1:02pm". 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• @BPer‌ , I'm sure you're sick of suggestions, and maybe your situation is different than mine, but aside from putting her on her stomach the other thing that really helped was having H give her a huge bottle about an hour before bed. She's still bf, and when I went in to see how much she was eating they told me around 2oz. I made the bottle 4oz by mistake but she sucked it down like a mad woman and slept for 7 hours. Maybe he is a starvin Marvin?
    Fx that you get some relief and sleep soon!!
  • jessk86 said:
    @BPer‌ , I'm sure you're sick of suggestions, and maybe your situation is different than mine, but aside from putting her on her stomach the other thing that really helped was having H give her a huge bottle about an hour before bed. She's still bf, and when I went in to see how much she was eating they told me around 2oz. I made the bottle 4oz by mistake but she sucked it down like a mad woman and slept for 7 hours. Maybe he is a starvin Marvin? Fx that you get some relief and sleep soon!!

this is what I had to do with Colby too. It sucks having to go thru all the motions of pumping and everything, but it did help him a little!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"