July 2014 Moms
Options

Can we do a 'Bad Mom Monday' ?

Re: Can we do a 'Bad Mom Monday' ?

• Options
    After reaDing these I'm also guilty of cleaNing the paci by putting it I'm my mouth,lo same outfit twice in a row, only changing when he wakes up hungry....I'm the worst. I didn't even realize done of these were bad eeeek
    image.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    livkight said:
    THANK YOU for this thread. I'm only 3 weeks into this mom thing and already have felt like a bad mom about half the time. 

After I had Junie, I had generous amounts of coffee every single day, since I'd limited myself during pregnancy. I had NO idea caffeine can affect a baby through breast milk until yesterday. Oops. 

I gave LO boob, bottle, paci, and nipple shield within a week of her birth. 
    Not my breastmilk

Every morning I wake up, pop a 200mg caffeine tablet and chug a 5 hour energy. That's every day, within 15 minutes of waking up. 

Sometimes I have a second 5 hour energy in the afternoon. 

My kid sleeps great. 

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • Options
    @csmith0085, oh I'm so sorry! I've been using lavender essential oil with fractionated coconut oil and seems to be pretty soothing.  Live and learn I guess!  :(  We have a bbq to go to tonight, so I will be extra vigilant! 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage
  • Options

I made the horrific FTM bang the head walking through the door frame screw up a couple weeks ago. I sobbed way worse than she did.

This is one of my biggest at home fears.....I'm afraid I will take a corner to close when I'm extra tired.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kam3100 said:

Not sure if this link will work since I'm mobile but there is one study showing benefits to cleaning pacifiers with mothers mouth. See you aren't as bad as you thought!

https://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2013/05/06/study-finds-your-babys-spit-cleaned-pacifier-is-ok/

Yup when DD was a baby, at the pediatricians office they had a tv with medical facts flashing across it. It said sticking paci in your mouth to clean it is best.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    This thread has totally made my day. I'm guilty of many of these things!

Yesterday, while on a walk with baby in the Ktan carrier, I tripped on the sidewalk and scraped my knee. I'm pretty sure it happened because I was wearing flip flops and am crazy sleep deprived. I caught myself with one hand, and the other hand went to protect baby from falling out or hitting the ground. Fortunately, the carrier is awesome and baby didn't budge (she actually slept through the whole thing), but I feel terrible and keep thinking about how awful it would have been if I had fallen on her or if she had fallen out of the wrap. Bad Mom is going to wear sneakers on our walks from now on, even though they are a pain in the ass to put on while wearing or holding a newborn.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I was supposed to go to work today but they didn't have my computer ready so I went to lunch, had a margarita and now I'm getting a pedicure. Drool. I'll pick the kids up eventually.

I sleep with DS. We both sleep better and I can nurse easier at night.

When DD was home with me, I made her watch her iPad in her room so I could watch Gossip Girl in the living room.

I bite DS's nails off instead of trying to file or cut.

• Options
    I go days without remembering to give her a bath

2yo DS accidentally kicked her in the head and I'm pretty sure I traumatized him with my reaction..she slept through the entire ordeal

both kids cried the whole 15min car ride to my parents he other day and DH and I laughed about it in between attempts to calm them
    One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • Options
    Hoping that noise was just a fart and nothing more but not checking

Still using the formula in the bottle past its time

Telling my baby to shut it when I hsve reached my breaking point then feeling like an asshole for being mean to my sweet boy

Not always changing his clothes when he spits up on them

Caving to whatever my two year old wanted because I'm tired and feel guilty because he's not getting as much attention
  • Options
    I just let DS suck down who knows how much air from his bottle while reading these posts.

I am really bad at talking to him while we are home alone all day. But hey, the tv is always on so that counts right?!

I love nap time way more than I should and feel I spend most of my day attempting to get DS to sleep.

I let my dad throw him up in the air (while playing with him...at 6 weeks old) and feed him formula that probably should have got thrown away, just so I could have some me time. He raised 5 kids without dropping anyone or causing food poising...bad mommy.
  • Options
    I let DS nap on his stomach, it's too tough to get him to nap any other way.

I too mouth wipe the paci.

I feed him when he's wailing even if I don't think he's hungry.

I laugh at LO sometimes when he's crying... his crying face is adorable.

I booked a trip to Mexico for November for my brother's wedding and I'm leaving DH and LO home (DH is a teacher and can't get time off). I could bring LO with me but i don't wanna deal with all the baby paraphernalia all by myself through the airports... however I feel like a terrible mother leaving him home while I galavant to Mexico for 5 days.
  • Options
    Every night at least onxce he winds up sleeping for a few hours on my chest.

Last night at the 2am feeding I put the bottle in his mouth, promptly passed out and when I woke up he had consumed the whole thing... No burping.

Um, we are supposed to look in their eyes when they are feeding? I look in his eyes at other times.

I will never take his pacifier away.

I let him sleep in the boppy (I'm awake and next to him)

I use a car set insert so his head doesn't go all crazy in the car.

• Options
    This morning baby was screaming, and there was no calming him. I was so exhausted since I didn't get to sleep until 1:30 and he woke up at 2:45 hungry. Instead of trying to soothe him for hours, I fed him, gave him a paci and put him in his crib. He was pissed, but I was exhausted.
    Married 02.06.10
    DS1 born 11.19.11
    DS2 born 07.02.14

• Options
    Oh yes, DD exclusively naps on the Boppy. DS loved napping on it too.

DD is so quiet, sometimes I forget she's here..
    One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • Options
    It took us a month to name Ds2. Our 2.5 yo essentially shamed us into making a decision when he asked "what should I call my little brother."

It also took us a month to give him his first bath. Until then, we thought his hair was reddish brown. Turns out, he is strawberry blond.

image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

DD1 always tries to give DD2 hugs, but she throws all her weight and her giant noggin at her so I freak out every time so I am pretty sure I am making her afraid of hugs.

DD is like this she tries to lay over him to give DS hugs and kisses. She also pokes his eye, that's what I really freak out about, she pushes hard. I feel bad because I know she is just pointing out their similarities, she points to his nose and mouth too and puts their feet together.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Just woke up to LO crying, didn't even hear him fussing and stirring like usual and idk how long he was up for :( i feel so bad
  • Options
    Thank you all! I'm not feeling as alone as I've been feeling about some of the things I've done! So now I don't have so much mommy guilt! LO naps and prefers to sleep on his tummy. He sleeps on me during the day, even though I've been told frequently to let him have independent time. He slept in our bed for the first two weeks since it was the only way for me to get any sleep- until I passed out and woke up to him screaming as my boob was smothering him :-(. We use pacis and I have them all over the house to give my nipples a break. And when I'm feeding him, I take a break from staring into his beautiful blue eyes to bump (can't respond with one hand yet) or I'm catching up on true blood and he is right beside some questionable scenes ;-)
  • Options
    Horrible mom moment:
    DH and I were both exhausted last night so we get into bed and DD just wanted to have a nursing marathon apparently so at 1am I was still feeding her. Then I must have fell asleep because the next thing I know it's 4am and she's fidgeting and trying to latch onto my boob. I have no idea what happened between 1am and 4am--if she fell asleep on my chest or just kept feeding that whole time--but I felt like the worst mom ever!!!
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• Options
    Dropped my water bottle on his head while nursing... We both cried.

babysizer.com pregnancy ticker
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    MiniMe sleeps on her tummy through the day (she probably will when she learns to roll, too).

I went through with my recurring threat to just hand her to DH and walk away. They both lived so now I do it sometimes when I just want peace.
  • Options
    I don't burp LO after feedings. If I try, I'm lucky to get a burp every 4 or 5 times she eats. She doesn't burp easy. She's also not ever been gassy and burps easily on her own when she needs to.
  • Options
    LO is currently chewing on her blanket and I'm just sitting here on The Bump instead of feeding her.
    *SIGGY*
    Baby G born 6/6/14, 37 weeks 1 day due to preeclampsia.  5lb12oz 19"
    #2 due Christmas 2016. 

• Options
    Can this thread never end, please? I am so happy to know I'm not alone. So here's a few of my first time mommy fuckups-

After her MOTN feeding we always just sleep together on the recliner, her on my chest. It's also what I do after she fusses during a nap during the day. I'm sure I'll be screwed once she starts daycare-- can they kick her out for not sleeping long periods of time independently? I'm worried!

We went on a family trip to Galveston and my mom kept her during the night one night so I could catch up on sleep.

The morning after that night, when I came out of my bedroom, my mom asked if I wanted Ellie back. I quickly said "no" without thinking about it and to be honest, really meant it at that moment bc the break felt so great. My older bro and sis thought it was hilarious but I felt so bad later on and apologized to baby girl.

I don't always change her diaper unless she poops.

Sometimes she wears outfits that might not be the most comfortable when I am going somewhere that I will see someone that I want to show off my cute baby to (yes, I know that sucks of me, but I'm being really honest).

I'm sure I'll think of more...
  • Options
    I went on a date with my DH the day DD had immunizations. She stayed with grandma and grandpa. Fwiw, I spent the whole time worribg about her.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Oh and I do that thing where I pull their blankets up over their pacis so they can't spit them out.
    What is this you speak of?! Please fill me in on how this blanket stays tight enough to hold it in.

^:)^

• Options
    I've got another-- baby spit out her paci in her sleep, and when I tried to put it back in for her, I accidentally gagged her and made her spit up all over. :'( 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Skeemer said:

Oh and I do that thing where I pull their blankets up over their pacis so they can't spit them out.

What is this you speak of?! Please fill me in on how this blanket stays tight enough to hold it in.

^:)^

I swaddle LO with the blanket a little higher-- around her cheeks so it holds the paci in a little better. Like so:

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    My husband uses the SwaddleMe to hold in the bink and he was so proud when he figured that trick out!
  • Options

But it goes on their butt.

If they're inhaling it, it's because some Moms are putting it on the wrong end. Sheesh, THOSE are the bad Moms...
    I lol'ed irl ...thanks

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"