Pregnant after a Loss
Options

First Tri Check-in (7/29)

2»

Re: First Tri Check-in (7/29)

• Options
    @ Footprint- My appointment went well last week.  We were able to see and hear the heartbeat and I measured at 6 wks 6 days.  That is about 5 days behind where I was calculated at based on my LMP, but the doctor expected that to be the case, as she figured my cycle was probably off after having had the miscarriage in March.  So, it appears all is looking good!

EDD/Week/Fruit  March 14/7wks 5 days/Blueberry

Worries (rational or irrational)  I'm definitely feeling better about things after having seen the baby and hearing the heartbeat last week.  That's certainly leaps and bounds ahead of the blighted ovum in March.  I'm definitely still slightly cautious about everything, if I could, I would be at the doctor every week for an ultrasound, but that's just not going to happen.  I just have to keep reminding myself that all looks well, the doctor feels good about everything thus far, and have faith that it will work out this time.  I think having gone through a loss last time just kind of took a little bit of the wind out of my sails this time around.

Appointments scheduled  Next appointment is Monday, August 11th.  Check up and they will do doppler to hear the heartbeat.  I'm assured if they can't hear it via doppler they will do an ultrasound. 

Upcoming milestones/Loss dates  I suppose I've passed my milestones as I've seen a living baby with a heartbeat.

QoTW: What is your dream car?  Tough question, I think I'd go with a Porsche Cayenne (the porsche SUV).  My husband has a little porsche boxter and thinks having an SUV would defeat the purpose of a porsche, but I think they're purdy!  ;)

p.s. sorry for the bold...for some reason, after I copied and pasted the topics, it refused to un-bold!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You are all so sweet! Thank you for the sweet sweet responses!!!
    Hannah

Nov'12- Started TTC
    Sept-Dec'13- HSG, 2 IUI's, DX PCOS
    Jan '14- IUI#2=BFP!!
    Mar '14- M/C @ 8w2d when I should've been 9 weeks. D & C 3/7/14
    May'14- Started Pregnitude
    June'14- BFP! (Naturally!!) Beta #1 (4w2d)=78, Beta #2 (4w4d)=219, Beta #3 (5w0d)=785

BabyFetus Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry I can't respond to everyone individually but I'm sending lots of <3 and (hugs) to whomever needs them! EDD/Week/Fruit 6 weeks, sweet pea Worries (rational or irrational) going to the u/s tomorrow and having them tell me the baby died or it's a bo. Appointments scheduled Tomorrow u/s at 12:30 (cst). Thanks for T's&P's if you have some to spare! Upcoming milestones/Loss dates my loss milestone is 12 weeks so still a long ways off. QoTW: What is your dream car? If money were no object, the Infiniti QX56. I have the Nissan Armada which is basically the low grade version.
    Best of luck tomorrow! We will send all of our T&Ps and healthy vibes to you for a great u/s!  

Married August 2003

BFP: January 8, 2012
    Due: September 5, 2012
    DS: August 14, 2012

BFP: November 5, 2013
    Due: July 11, 2014
    MMC Detected d&c: December 29, 2013 12w5d

BFP: June 10, 2014
    Due: February 16, 2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    EDD/Week/Fruit: 3/19/2015, 6w 5d / Sweet Pea I think

Worries (rational or irrational): I'm now freaking out that my m/s is nowhere near as bad as my other two pregnancies. For the pregnancy that I m/c, I had a feeling something was wrong when my m/s went away. Sure enough, a few days later I started cramping a lot followed by a trip to the ER. It's irrational, but man I am really nervous.

Appointments scheduled: My first appointment is 8/8, which seems like forever away. I'm so anxious and I know I just need to relax since I can't do much at this point.

Upcoming milestones/Loss dates: I miscarried at 12wks to the day last time, so I have a while to go. 

QoTW: What is your dream car? Hmmm, I think it's a Bentley coupe. A girl can dream!
    I think that gif of the seal (or lady walrus) put me in a trance. I just couldn't stop staring at and then it's like five minutes later and I have no idea where the time went. Awesomeness!

My m/s has been all over the place this pregnancy. Some days awful some days, none. With my DS, I never had any m/s whatsoever. Symptoms come and go in intensity, try not to read too much into them (easier said than done, I know).

A Bentley would be nice.

Married August 2003

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    nohalo21 said:
    @footprint Results take about 10-14 days. So hopefully sometime next week at the latest. Overall I am feeling very positive. 

EDD/Week/Fruit
    Feb 12/11w6d/lime

Worries (rational or irrational) 
    Nothing too bad. I had a crazy dream the other night that an u/s showed this baby had triploidy also. I am awaiting my test results so I suppose it was the subconscious still thinking. 

Appointments scheduled
    Perinatal consult with the MFM today. No reason just that the OB wanted to be sure that there isn't anything else she wants to monitor. I plan on talking to her about having the NT scan done just for more peace of mind. 

Upcoming milestones/Loss dates
    Our loss was at 18 weeks, discovered during the a/s. Still have a few weeks to go. My due date would be next week (8/7). I am torn about what to do to remember her. My husband and I have different views on this so I feel alone in my planning. I do know that I will be making donations in her honor to NILMDTS and A Heart to Hold. 

QoTW: What is your dream car?
    Audi convertible 
    Sorry about your approaching EDD. They are hard. Do whatever feels right to you. 

How did your appointment go today? I am sorry about the crazy dreams, sounds awful.

Married August 2003

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    MrsRoy07 said:
    EDD/Week/Fruit: Feb 28th, 9 weeks, green olive

Worries (rational or irrational): Doing my best not to freak out about the subchrionic hematoma, doing good so far. Although I did just see that some girls are put on pelvic rest when they have one, and my doc didn't do that, so we've had sex. Not a ton, but we have. But I haven't had any bleeding from it so... I'll just wait till the u/s next week Monday and try not to worry- hah! ;) 

Appointments scheduled: u/s Aug 4th, ob appt Aug 5th

Upcoming milestones/Loss dates: I'm anxious to get past 12 weeks, when we found out about the last missed m/c. But really this next u/s I'm hoping will give me some peace of mind since I'll be 10w 2d, which is beyond when we lost the last baby. 

QoTW: What is your dream car?: I don't really have one, but I really love my minivan! ;)
    It seems like there are a number of us that had MMC discovered at or around 12 weeks. Fx for a fantastic u/s!

Married August 2003

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kefttsc said:
    footprint said:
    kefttsc said:
    @footprint I love you for this check in!

EDD/Week/Fruit:
    February 9
    12 weeks 3 days
    Two big fat juicy plums

Worries (rational or irrational) 
    My diet continues to be a worry, but now I'm worried about my lack of activity. I'm normally really active, but I truly haven't felt like it.  I'm headed out of town tomorrow, but when I return, I'd really like to at least take a leisurely walk a few mornings a week.  I think it would help my exhaustion.  Ugh, it sounds so miserable though!

Appointments scheduled:
    Tomorrow at 2 PM (Eastern)!  I received a call yesterday from my OB saying that he knew he'd see me in two days, but he didn't want me to wait for results any longer than necessary (is he a SAINT or what?!).  He just saw the results of our Harmony testing come across his desk and everything looked GREAT!  Everything was low risk.  I have to admit I cried on the phone so he'll probably never call me again :)  We couldn't be more thrilled though!  AND we get to see the ninjas again tomorrow!

Upcoming milestones/Loss dates:
    I have passed all of my milestones about a month ago, but the thoughts never leave me.  Every day, I wake up and listen for the babies. 

QoTW: What is your dream car?
    Wanna know what's sad?  I'm in it!  We are in LOVE with our Chrysler Town and Country.  We can fit our four dogs and 2 babies with ease.  Okay, maybe not ease, but what DOES fit 4 dogs and 2 kids with ease :)

@Kefttsc How are you feeling about your diet this week? When you use your Doppler, do you hear two distinct hbs? 
    @footprint you are so sweet to individually check on us each week as well as the main check in.  I was feeling a bit better about my diet, but just downed a Totino's pizza.  It was amazing LOL.  I've tried to notice patterns of when I am eating things that aren't great and be sure to have healthier options for that time of day.  It is SO hard.  I have a hard time late mornings, so I got a bunch of oranges and have been enjoying those lately.  YUMMY!

Yes, when I use the doppler, I can hear two distinct heartbeats.  This morning, Baby A was much faster.  I am so convinced that one is a girl and B is a boy.  A is usually around 175-180 and B is usually around 155-160.  They have different tones too, I swear.  Maybe that's just me.  

That is awesome that you can hear a difference between your babies even when they are in the womb. I really think you play the song "Everybody was Kung-Fu Fighting" whenever you have a u/s. I'm not sure ninjas do Kung-Fu and I am not sure how racist that song is, but I like the image of having theme music for your twins. 

I'm not the best person to ask about diet and activity. I have been weight training for a few months (with doctor's permission) and I have been so exhausted I have been thinking about quitting. But then I realized tonight that no matter what, it makes me feel better, so maybe I should stick with it. Idk. Maybe cut yourself some slack until you are through first tri and your energy starts to return? I mean you have two buns in one oven, it would make anyone tired! Congrats on the Harmony!
    I'm so gonna be singing that song during my appointment today!!!  When I hear the heartbeats, it's even funnier to hear them come and go because I can tell they are moving around.  It's so fun!!!

I only have a few more days left in my 1st tri (really????), and I feel like I'm getting a smidge better, energy wise, but I'm leaving today for St. Louis for a big national championship with the dogs and I know I'll eat like crap the whole time.  More than eating like crap, it's hard to eat at all to be honest.  We get REALLY busy and I often forget to eat.  We'll be a Purina Farms (which is an AMAZING venue) and they don't allow outside food or drinks, so I have to rely on what they have there.  Sometimes that is awesome, but more often than not it is chicken fingers, etc.  Not for me....UGH!  

Have a good rest of the week everyone!  I won't be on for a while!!
    I know you won't be on for a while, but I have another request that cannot wait. From now on, whenever speaking about your uterus, will you please, please call it a twuterus? 

Married August 2003

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    mandi195 said:
    @footprint Thanks! I'm super excited, and have been having these wild dreams that the U/S shows twins (Last nights dream was me getting the u/s, DH there with me, and on the screen showed my ute as the typical big black blob, and then there were two little figures SITTING on the edge/bottom of my ute, with their little legs dangling down)... seriously... pregnancy dreams. 
    And yes, that car is my dream come true... maybe when I'm 50 something and my kids are moved out and I can actually blow money on something for myself for once... (wishful thinking)
    That actually sounds like a really cool dream! I hope it wasn't freaky/scary! I think i am just too tired to dream. I read about all these crazy pregnancy dreams and I am kinda happy that I don't remember mine!

Married August 2003

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    asouza100 said:
    @ Footprint- My appointment went well last week.  We were able to see and hear the heartbeat and I measured at 6 wks 6 days.  That is about 5 days behind where I was calculated at based on my LMP, but the doctor expected that to be the case, as she figured my cycle was probably off after having had the miscarriage in March.  So, it appears all is looking good!

EDD/Week/Fruit  March 14/7wks 5 days/Blueberry

Worries (rational or irrational)  I'm definitely feeling better about things after having seen the baby and hearing the heartbeat last week.  That's certainly leaps and bounds ahead of the blighted ovum in March.  I'm definitely still slightly cautious about everything, if I could, I would be at the doctor every week for an ultrasound, but that's just not going to happen.  I just have to keep reminding myself that all looks well, the doctor feels good about everything thus far, and have faith that it will work out this time.  I think having gone through a loss last time just kind of took a little bit of the wind out of my sails this time around.

Appointments scheduled  Next appointment is Monday, August 11th.  Check up and they will do doppler to hear the heartbeat.  I'm assured if they can't hear it via doppler they will do an ultrasound. 

Upcoming milestones/Loss dates  I suppose I've passed my milestones as I've seen a living baby with a heartbeat.

QoTW: What is your dream car?  Tough question, I think I'd go with a Porsche Cayenne (the porsche SUV).  My husband has a little porsche boxter and thinks having an SUV would defeat the purpose of a porsche, but I think they're purdy!  ;)

p.s. sorry for the bold...for some reason, after I copied and pasted the topics, it refused to un-bold!

There is nothing as great in the world as seeing that tiny little hear beating away, is there? Will you purchase a home Doppler, do you think? I'm glad that all is going well!

Married August 2003

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @morethansparrows08 and @footprint, thank you for the encouragement! I am trying to tell myself that the appointment is just a little more than one week away. Work has been keeping me busy this week so for once I will welcome the distraction.

Footprint, I crack up at my siggy all of the time. 

• Options
    I just happened to be lurking and YES @footprint I think your demand can be met.
    The twuterus (my autocorrect just went insane) was awesome today at the OB!!!!!! Both babies are still measuring ahead. Baby B is now two days ahead of Baby A. They are 13w1d and 12w6d. They are super happy with my Harmony results and the measurements they got today. Both babies were Kung Fu Fighting again today!
    Tech: lemme see if I can see if I have a guess on their sexes.
    Me: doesn't it look the same right now?
    Tech: sometimes yes, sometimes no.
    Me: okay well make your guesses but I'm not painting the nursery.
    Tech: my educated guess is the A is a girl and B is a boy.
    She clearly showed me the pics of what she was seeing, but who knows.....I'd be THRILLED if she was right :)
    Bonus pics. :)
    MMC October 2010
    BFP #2 June 3, 2014
    Twins?  You mean two babies?  WOW!
    Team PURPLE!!
    We are excited to meet William Alexander and Harper Abigail in 2015!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @footprint The appt went well. Just growth scans and NSTs later thanks to AMA, but nothing else now. Since I was going to be 12 weeks, they squeezed me in for the NT scan. Baby was sleeping but she was able to get the measurements. She even showed me the face and all the limbs. I am in love. 
  • Options
    @footprint It wasn't scary, but it was kind of creepy mainly because the figures looked like the little skeleton kids from Corpse Bride lol. My brain, it's nuts. That said, it was also strangely reassuring to see happy healthy life forms in there! Hopefully when I have my appt tomorrow we'll see one (or two) beautiful little love in there. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"