June 2014 Moms
Options

June 14 At-A-Glance: My Next Baby

2»

Re: June 14 At-A-Glance: My Next Baby

• Options
    One and done! I've got 4x step kids and DH agreed when we got married that if I wanted my own we could have one. I'm totally ok with being done. Because college is expensive yo.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm also in the 2-5 years group. As I've mentioned before, I need at least 2 years to completely forget about the not so glamorous parts of pregnancy ( esp tri-three!).
  • Options
    MNOpeaMNOpea member
    mrsdbc said:

MAYBE in like three years. I have to think about how much I can handle for months at a time by myself since dh is long term military.

This for us too the original plan was 4-5 kids all about 2 years apart but now I'm thinking #3 needs to be 3-4 years apart from j14 baby since we still have at least 9 years with the military
  • Options
    We are done. I've had three c sections and my doctor has said no more. I'm sad but know my body couldn't sustain a fourth pregnancy. And day care is expensive!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    If we have another we will wait 2-3 years. I would like a Short break between babes but not too long so that they will still be close enough to play together.
    First time mommy-to-be
    E.D.D. June 1, 2014

• Options
    We'll try again when our oldest starts kindergarden, so 2-3 years. 
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    One and done.  If we did have another we would wait at least 3 years. 

I'm with PPs who say they love babies but don't need more kids.  I liked pregnancy (mostly) and love babies, but not so much the thought of shuttling people between school, play dates, lessons, and games all the time.  I can give more quality attention to one while still being happy myself.
    image    image

• Options
    I think we'll wait until DD turns 2 before we start trying for #2, so ideally they'll be around 3 years apart. I would like dd to mostly be potty trained do we don't have two kids in diapers.
  • Options
    We would need to completely refinish our basement to make another bedroom, and one of us would need to stay home (Chicago daycare prices are cray cray). So I have no idea how long that would take, but it might be closer to five years than two. I figure by that time I should have a pretty good idea about what we want to do. I have no idea what to expect from single-child-dom though.....both DH and I have siblings.

• Options
    2 and done!!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was nearly certain I was done with #3 but now I'm having doubts, even in the midst of colic, reflux, and mspi. We originally said 4 then we decided 3. Dh tells me he is done in the heat of a colic spell, but I think he'd possibly come around when she is a little better. If not I will be okay. I hated my last pregnancy and really just want the byproduct. I know we would have to try soon because Dh always said he wanted be done by 40 and he will be that in 2 years. I'd probably want to try 3-6 months for that reason if he comes around.
    Anna Kate 10.17.2009 Alexander 6.10.2011 Baby Girl 6.2014
  • Options
    fsumomfsumom member
    edited July 2014
    Done.  We have an almost 8 year old (going on 16) girl and 2 month old boy. We're good!
    ~Jessica~ 

• Options
    We have two boys (nearly 5 and 3) and baby girl 7 weeks. DH and I always said we wanted 3 but at this point I'm not sure. Neither have us can decide to take permanant prevention measures at this time. We will discuss it in about a year. I had a c-section so there is no point discussing it until then anyway.
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"