TTC after 35
Options

Bump confessions

I may add more later, but here's three to start:

I keep putting off my mammogram because I don't want to take a break from TTC and I never remember to schedule after AF arrives and before the TTW.
I secretly relish in the fact that a coworker/friend totally flirts with me at work. Harmless fun that makes me feel good. (P.S. It never crosses the line to inappropriate and if my husband flirts the same way I wouldn't care bc I trust him fully.)
I am totally procrastinating on the Bump instead of finishing getting ready for work.

Your turn...and GO!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bump confessions

• Options
    • I'm way overdue for a mammogram, and like you keep putting it off.
    • I'm addicted to Zulily, I look forward to their email every day.  Have only bought stuff for me or for gifts at least.
    • I lurk on TB & TK all day at work, don't tell my boss - he's my fiance :)
    • I miss working in my old career industry: the connections, the challenges, the excitement (& the money).

Me: 43, DOR   FI: 44, SA normal
    TTC Since Nov 2013

01/2014: Meeting with RE to discuss options
    02/2014: Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    03/2014: on the bench
    05/2014: meeting with RE to discuss Donor IVF options
    09/2014 - IVF#1 - converted to IUI - BFN

• Options
    I miss having a challenging, well-paid job, and sometimes struggle with resentment that we moved to a new city for DH's career. But I also know I haven't worked especially hard at finding a better position, so it's mostly my fault.

I skipped going to the gym on Sunday because I was hungover.

My husband and I have been getting Game of Thrones on Netflix, and I want to slap him silly every time he asks me what's happening or who everybody is. If he'd actually watch the show, instead of fiddling with his iPad the whole time, he'd know what was happening. Besides, it's not that complicated - almost everyone is horrible, and people die horribly. The end.

Me: 38 DH: 40 TTC#1 (and likely only) since 9/13. Saw RE 5/14, SA good, AMH 2.36, FSH 7.2, estradiol 69.6 indicating good egg reserve. Using OPKs. First Letrozole cycle 6/14, a burst cyst and a BFN. Second Letrozole cycle 7/14, BFN. 

Update 11/14 - had laparoscopy 10/28, good news is that my uterus and left tube look good, and they were able to drain the cyst on my left ovary. Bad news is that right tube and ovary have endo and scar tissue, so they're pretty useless.. Best news is that we finally have some answers and a path forward. Taking 7.5 mg letrozole CD 2-6 to put that good left ovary through its paces. 

UPDATE 2/2015 - We switched to another fertility clinic, but fortunately we don't have to start all over. We're doing two cycles of Clomid plus IUI, if neither of those take, we'll do IVF in April, potentially with ICSI. (DH's SA has gone downhill, likely due to excessive exercise.) IUI#1 2/25/15....
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I haven't had a mammogram since my baseline 6 years ago... damn!  Thanks for the reminder ladies.

I too spend way too much time during work hours here... oh well!

• Options
    My best friend went off birth control. I don't want her to get KU until after I do. This does make me a bit selfish.

I think my boss is a bully and only looks out for himself, yet I am nice to his face (one could argue that this is a survival tactic, but I would really like to tell him what I really think).

I miss DH having a well paying job. He is happier now that he is doing what he likes, but we have very little disposable income and I wonder how we will live if I ever do get pregnant and carry to term.
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    I fantasize about having my own place, too! Sometimes I miss my single girl studio apartment with all the cute decorations, set up exactly how I wanted it.
    Me: 38 DH: 40 TTC#1 (and likely only) since 9/13. Saw RE 5/14, SA good, AMH 2.36, FSH 7.2, estradiol 69.6 indicating good egg reserve. Using OPKs. First Letrozole cycle 6/14, a burst cyst and a BFN. Second Letrozole cycle 7/14, BFN. 

Update 11/14 - had laparoscopy 10/28, good news is that my uterus and left tube look good, and they were able to drain the cyst on my left ovary. Bad news is that right tube and ovary have endo and scar tissue, so they're pretty useless.. Best news is that we finally have some answers and a path forward. Taking 7.5 mg letrozole CD 2-6 to put that good left ovary through its paces. 

UPDATE 2/2015 - We switched to another fertility clinic, but fortunately we don't have to start all over. We're doing two cycles of Clomid plus IUI, if neither of those take, we'll do IVF in April, potentially with ICSI. (DH's SA has gone downhill, likely due to excessive exercise.) IUI#1 2/25/15....
  • Options
    - I hide the candy stashes we have when MIL comes because she eats it (and is tiny)!
    - I spend too much time on the compter/ipad when I should be doing other things
    - when I should be sleeping I play cards on my iphone
    - I also like to use trulia, etc. to look for vacation homes which are never going to happen
  • Options
    mindaamindaa member
    edited July 2014
    There is a new series called Married at First Sight. I feel like I should find it weird and wrong, but I don't. The fact that I don't makes me feel weird and wrong. 

I love all the confessions about travelling separately. I feel the same way... of course I totally miss DH and would rather have him around. Because we're regularly apart, I never take for granted our time together. But on the other hand, I'm so productive when he's gone and love the flexibility and short break from meal planning :) 

Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Options
    I love when my H takes an evening away to do homework with his study group or hang with his buddy......i love my alone time and am not a particularly clingy person. I do feel guilty about that i love my alone time so much. Once a year he is gone for a whole week......i only miss him a little! lol. Once he is home I am happy he is back :)

I am terrifies at the possibility of a baby. We already know that though. I want to be a good mom. Im afraid I'm just not capable. 

I have other friends here locally that do what i do for a living.....im just as good as they are but they are making a better living at it.....I'm jealous and want to know what the secret is!
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

BFP- 10-16-14 EDD 6/13/15: MC 12-1-14 
  • Options
    lcwedlcwed member
    Another due date planner here.

I secretly love when DD wants DH to do everything because it gives me a break.

I am at a flea market and am about to support media piracy and I don't feel bad about it. Happy Saturday!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Options
    CML11CML11 member
    edited July 2014

I'm afraid of how a child (or children) will change my relationship with DH, things are so perfect right now.

I love shopping by myself. Secretly I get annoyed if DH is willing to

@lgsdesigner I do the baby calculating birth date too!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Haven't had a Mammogram in 6 years -check!

I wish my husband would get a hobby so I can have some alone time -check!

I hate my job but I'm stuck because I need the health insurance for baby making. -check!

I too enter my non existing baby's date in the due date calendar -check!

Lately days are filled with worry, what ifs, and Damn maybe I'm too old! --check!

I love my hubby but I love traveling alone and have no guilt! -check!

Wow I sound like Debbie Downer!! Lol!

• Options
    gapilungo said:
    Haven't had a Mammogram in 6 years -check! I wish my husband would get a hobby so I can have some alone time -check! I hate my job but I'm stuck because I need the health insurance for baby making. -check! I too enter my non existing baby's date in the due date calendar -check! Lately days are filled with worry, what ifs, and Damn maybe I'm too old! --check! I love my hubby but I love traveling alone and have no guilt! -check! Wow I sound like Debbie Downer!! Lol!
    This.  So much this.  Hate isn't exactly the right word, but my brain is growing cobwebs.  Thing is, it's really good insurance!

I don't know how much longer I can keep putting the rest of my life on hold waiting to get knocked up when, well, the most positive possible spin on it is that there's no guarantee it's ever going to happen.  Some revision of plans may be in order... X(

Debbie Downer, you say? :)
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"