Tuesday Randoms

nnukmmmmmm9o[;';'

^ W typed that for you guys. 

Morning!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Tuesday Randoms

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hugs @tec124. Try not to panic! Your pedi will let you know whether or not you should be worried. (We went through/are going through weight issues too, so I know that's easier said than done.)

Definitely take a day off if you can! Mine is on Thursday and I'm irrationally excited.

• Options
    Codypup said:

Hugs @tec124. Try not to panic! Your pedi will let you know whether or not you should be worried. (We went through/are going through weight issues too, so I know that's easier said than done.)

This. Weight issues can make the sanest person seem like they aren't. See what the pedi says and go from there. Try not to worry yourself over it yet.
  • Options
    @tec124‌ hugs. I'm sure talking to the pedi will make you feel better. My pedi warned me that when LO starts rolling over, scooting, crawling, sitting up, etc that his weight would probably stop going up or even go down for a month or so. Especially if he reaches those milestones before starting solids. Maybe that's all that it is?

Everyone is constantly talking about their exersaucers and it makes me wish we had gotten one of those instead of the rainforest jumperoo. I don't think the toys on it are entertaining enough since LO can't really "jump" yet. Plus having a giant red frog constantly staring at me is giving me the creeps.
  • Options
    @tec124 ((Hugs)) Hope you get some answers today! Did they say what they thought the spot on her tongue was/is?
    #rainbows and #unicorns make any situation #cute. keithcorcoran
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    My Random:

Anyone know what to look for when purchasing tires?! I need new tires for my Honda Pilot and have no flipping clue... :P

:-??

• Options
    ETA I use excersaucer and jumperoo interchangeably. Is that wrong?

• Options
    Exersaucer typically has a saucer-like bottom. The jumperoos are more springy, and usually have an open bottom. DD has an exersaucer at my ILs, and a jumperoo here.

dx PCOS 2007

BFP #1 (natural) 12/23/2010. Stillbirth due to IC 4/2/2011

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

05/2013 BFP on a Letrozole (Femara)/trigger!

Cerclage, Procardia, Makena, GD (with insulin), MBR, and we made it!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our Angel was born sleeping at 20 weeks due to IC.

• Options
    @dunvilles‌ Good luck with the tire shopping! I got lucky: FIL is a tire salesman (he sells to shops mostly-but gets his own tires-and ours at cost). Usually, he tells me when I need new tires!

dx PCOS 2007

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

• Options
    Metreky21 said:
    @tec124‌ hugs. I'm sure talking to the pedi will make you feel better. My pedi warned me that when LO starts rolling over, scooting, crawling, sitting up, etc that his weight would probably stop going up or even go down for a month or so. Especially if he reaches those milestones before starting solids. Maybe that's all that it is? Everyone is constantly talking about their exersaucers and it makes me wish we had gotten one of those instead of the rainforest jumperoo. I don't think the toys on it are entertaining enough since LO can't really "jump" yet. Plus having a giant red frog constantly staring at me is giving me the creeps.
    I bet you can sell your jumperoo for a decent price and use that $ towards what you really want! :)

That said, we have the rainforest jumperoo and LOVE it! :) DS2 jumps in it like a mad man! :) He also loves the toys.

• Options
    dunvilles said:
    My Random:

Anyone know what to look for when purchasing tires?! I need new tires for my Honda Pilot and have no flipping clue... :P

@dunvilles -- I just did this!!! Remember my incident in the waiting room? With the woman who had her hands down her pants? 

<---- still traumatized

Anyway, I went to my Nissan dealership and they pulled up a list of tires that would fit on my car. I called around to get the best prices, and ended up at the weirdest tire shop known to man.

But they work and they're pretty and it wasn't AS expensive as I thought it would be - $521 for 4 tires and an alignment.

• Options
    dunvillesdunvilles member
    edited July 2014

Codypup said:
    dunvilles said:
    My Random:

@dunvilles -- I just did this!!! Remember my incident in the waiting room? With the woman who had her hands down her pants? 

<---- still traumatized

Anyway, I went to my Nissan dealership and they pulled up a list of tires that would fit on my car. I called around to get the best prices, and ended up at the weirdest tire shop known to man.

But they work and they're pretty and it wasn't AS expensive as I thought it would be - $521 for 4 tires and an alignment.
    Haha, sorry to bring up such a traumatic event! ;)

Thank you for the suggestion! I'll call the Honda dealer and see if they can pull up a list for me. :)

• Options
    sorry about the double post... not sure how that happened :P

• Options
    @dunvilles I bet you could pull it up online too. I just went to Nissan because I freaking love those people. Also, my car has a weird, not-always-in-stock tire size, so they had to bring up some specific ones. Or something. 

• Options
    Sometimes, I really wish LO was equipped with a snooze button. That is all.
    +1

• Options
    I am at my first day of work after our "vacation" and I am so happy to be away from the kids and DH for a day. Vacationing with two kids is not actually a vacation.
    @laurlaurlaur -- I was wondering how it went! Did you have any fun? I can imagine it was pretty stressful.

• Options
    I am at my first day of work after our "vacation" and I am so happy to be away from the kids and DH for a day. Vacationing with two kids is not actually a vacation.
    We usually bring my sister with us on vacation to help with the boys. She only pays for her food and gets a free trip. Win/Win!

• Options
    Who eats 4 granola bars in one day?

Apparently my MIL and SIL. I opened a box of granola bars yesterday AM and took one. They were at our house watching DS yesterday while I went to a work thing. This morning when I went to grab a granola bar the box was empty! I don't mind them eating our food (free child care), but who finishes a box, leaves the empty box in the pantry, and doesn't say anything? This is a serious FWP because now I have to go buy more.
  • Options
    @southerngal07‌ my teenage son and his friends do this ALL THE TIME. Makes me stabby.
  • Options
    BB0214BB0214 member
    Codypup said:

Remember my favorite intern and her camel toe? 

It is making a special appearance today.  X_X

It's camel toe Tuesday!!!!!

Why don't they know?!?!? Can't they feel that going on?!?!

• Options
    carleys said:

@Metreky21‌ I have an exersaucer, but I really want a jumperoo I think T would love to bounce! I can see it not being a favorite until 5-6m though bc strength and stabilized neck control. I bet I'd you try again soon LO will enjoy it.

I was wondering about those door frame mounted bouncer swings,
    Has anyone use one? Because space

Most are not recommended bc if it falls from the doorway it could seriously hurt lo. It would especially worry me as lo got older/heavier and pulled it more.

• Options

I haven't used one of the Johnny Jump-ups, but my mom had one when we were little that she used for my brother and sister. (I sort of remember because I was 14 when the youngest was born). I thought about getting one, but the only doorways we have in our house that would work are to bathrooms/bedrooms. We don't have any actual doorways besides those, and none are in 'good' places to be able to even see her in it.

dx PCOS 2007

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

• Options
    Update on the daycare / solids thing. (Yesterday I specifically asked them to do solids at lunchtime, and according to her report card, they skipped it.)

Apparently she DID do squash but just forgot to write it down "because sometimes they get really busy and forget to write it down. Sorry."

Um, okay. Understandable, we're all human. But I didn't appreciate the attitude. And how was I supposed to know? That's why I asked. 

To her credit, this lady is never anything but super nice to me, so the snippy-ness isn't the norm. People get defensive about the weirdest things sometimes.

• Options
    @codypup it is extra important right now to know about what babies are taking in during the day in case of allergies or issues... etc. Sorry she was snippy.

• Options
    Oh, guys, I'm struggling today. Not feeling great, lots to do, and a LO who didn't sleep. I'm thisclose to losing it with DH. I wish I could just go back to bed (but things to do and LO who won't sleep). I'm hoping it's just a mood that will go away once I get busy. I'm also hoping for some damn eye drops.
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    That's so cool @DesirreK‌! I'd look at jc Penney. I've gotten suits there that fit quite well and don't break the bank. They always have sales too!

I'm pretty sure LO is trying to poo. Our first stop today is piano lessons where the mom of the students watches LO. Who wants to put money on a poopsplosion during piano?
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

Stupid question: I want to take LO for a walk, and we've just started doing stroller only (Britax), without her being in the car seat. How do I keep sun off her face, since the stroller shade only goes over her head? If the sun is coming from in front of us, she gets the full force of it.

I'm curious to see the responses to this as well. I've seen the uv/bug stroller covers, but those seem a bit extreme for the walk around the neighborhood. And walking with the sun to my back only works in one direction!
  • Options
    @tec124 : Sorry. I know how stressful weight issues can be.  Been there.  (((HUGS)))

@BMBrinson :  Good luck with the shots.

WTH For like a day last week TB was filling in tags.  I liked that.  What happened?  (I''m sure this has been discussed, I just haven't bumped much since Thursday)

Random: So in the year I didn't need them, my tampons were discontinued.  I looked on Amazon, $30 for a box of 40.  BOO-urns.

F'14 October Siggy Challenge: Animals in Costumes

• Options

Oh, guys, I'm struggling today. Not feeling great, lots to do, and a LO who didn't sleep. I'm thisclose to losing it with DH. I wish I could just go back to bed (but things to do and LO who won't sleep). I'm hoping it's just a mood that will go away once I get busy. I'm also hoping for some damn eye drops.

+1

Ill bring booze we can meet at the park bitch about DHs :)
  • Options

Stupid question: I want to take LO for a walk, and we've just started doing stroller only (Britax), without her being in the car seat. How do I keep sun off her face, since the stroller shade only goes over her head? If the sun is coming from in front of us, she gets the full force of it.

Honestly I do the blanket thing but also just walk in the direction opposite the sun. We have pretty shady streets but I will just plan out walk opposite- the amount of time LO is in the sun isn't going to hurt him just give him a lil VIT D :)
  • Options
    ((hugs))

I'm having a similar morning! If I were up north I'd take you to Wegman's for lunch. 

• Options
    @DesirreK - Good Luck! And ditto PPs to check JCP or Anne Taylor.

I haven't been good about keeping up with Mint (ensuring accurate transaction catergories especially) so I'm going through the past year to get it right. Apparently I will do just about anything to avoid doing work on our website content today.  But it's my birthday, so I shouldn't have to do work, right?

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"