Cloth Diapering
Options

OMG, Guise!!!!

stoneycakesstoneycakes member
edited July 2014 in Cloth Diapering
We put an offer in for a house yesterday and we just got back news that someone else has bid on it, too.  Now they're asking for our best offer!  Please cross your fingers for us.  Andplusalso, please feel free to place your randoms in this thread.  I need a distraction! I'll just be over here on the couch...

Re: OMG, Guise!!!!

• Options
    Good luck!
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • Options
    Good luck.

House buying is right up there with swim suit shopping for me.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good luck!

My random of today is that C got his first real boo-boo today. I thinks he's gonna have a black eye.

Also, his dr appt is in 35 min and I didn't give him a bath last night so his feet and legs are dirty from crawling around outside yesterday . Oops. Hope they don't think I neglect him
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Good luck, Stoney!

We have a total seller's market here, and we were in multiple offer situations on every house we wanted. We finally won out on our 3rd house. Fingers crossed for you!

• Options
    CLLDLLCLLDLL member

Aaaahh!  Just hearing that makes me nervous for you Stoney!  I hate house shopping.  Good luck to you though!!

My random: My work computer hates me.  It's taken over 5 minutes to try to download a file it normally takes 10 seconds to download.  I'm bumping while I wait.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• Options
    Roxie5739Roxie5739 member
    edited July 2014

Good luck!! I hate and love buying a house. Soooo stressful but so much fun!

I am selling an Irwin CD on a FB board and the lady that wants it is messing around. Still not paying after a few days so I have put a time limit on her until I cancel the invoice. She was a hard sell, I think I took a photo of every possible angle of the CD, it was getting a little crazy. People play such stupid games......

Multiple ectopics, 2 failed IVF's
    IVF #1: Did not get to ET, embies all failed PGD (major chromosomal defects)
    IVF #2: We have 2 chromosomally perfect embies as a result of PGD (Boy/Girl) 1 failed the thaw (Girl) Transferred 1, yet ended as a c/p
    Thought it was the end of our TTC Journey 6/20/2012
    SHOCK BFP 9/28/2012: IT'S A BOY! and everything is normal !!!!!!

Little A born 38w 2d on 05/23/13 and is a true miracle for this IF Vet!

• Options
    CLLDLL said:

Aaaahh!  Just hearing that makes me nervous for you Stoney!  I hate house shopping.  Good luck to you though!!

My random: My work computer hates me.  It's taken over 5 minutes to try to download a file it normally takes 10 seconds to download.  I'm bumping while I wait.

I'm bumping while I wait for a 10 minute report.  The new reporting system is so slow...
  • Options
    Roxie5739 said:

I am selling an Irwin CD on a FB board and the lady that wants it is messing around. Still not paying after a few days so I have put a time limit on her until I cancel the invoice. She was a hard sell, I think I took a photo of every possible angle of the CD, it was getting a little crazy. People play such stupid games......

The first thing that comes to mind is that she wanted the pictures to try to scam someone into buying a 'diaper' from her. Irwins are up there in price now too, aren't they?
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    Roxie5739 said:

The first thing that comes to mind is that she wanted the pictures to try to scam someone into buying a 'diaper' from her. Irwins are up there in price now too, aren't they?
    This is just horrible, but probably true.  But then if I was buying a diaper over retail price, I would want a picture of it from every angle.  However, I'd also pay within 24 hours of agreeing to a price and being invoiced.
  • Options
    Since this is the Random Thread.

What do we think about Sweet Pea Covers in One Size?
  • Options
    CLLDLLCLLDLL member
    sarenu1 said:

I love them. They are fairly big ( a tiny bit smaller than a OS coverall) and the PUL is stretchy like a Coverall. They seem to hold up well. I've been using one for a good 16 months now in pretty heavy rotation (no dryer drying) and it still looks new. The elastic has relaxed a bit, but nothing major. The only downfall IMO is the eight snaps at the waist. It's kind of a PITA to get them all snapped on a squrimy toddler...but they do prevent wing droop so you know worth it I guess.

image imageimageimage

• Options
    Roxie5739 said:

You mean like pretending to sell a diaper she doesn't even have? Why are people so awful? Geesh.

I was watching one of those day time court shows where someone sold an iPhone on eBay, and all they did was sell the PICTURE of the iPhone. For hundreds of dollars.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    CLLDLL said:

I love them. They are fairly big ( a tiny bit smaller than a OS coverall) and the PUL is stretchy like a Coverall. They seem to hold up well. I've been using one for a good 16 months now in pretty heavy rotation (no dryer drying) and it still looks new. The elastic has relaxed a bit, but nothing major. The only downfall IMO is the eight snaps at the waist. It's kind of a PITA to get them all snapped on a squrimy toddler...but they do prevent wing droop so you know worth it I guess.
    Sold.  I may have a squirmy infant, but he's so skinny that the extra snaps might be worth the trouble.

Now to decide what covers to order.  Chevron Purple or red, Sliver, black, purple... Their colors look so bright.
  • Options
    JEPES1348 said:
    Good luck, Stoney!

We have a total seller's market here, and we were in multiple offer situations on every house we wanted. We finally won out on our 3rd house. Fingers crossed for you!
    Did you change your technique when making your offer or do you think you just finally got lucky on the third one?
  • Options
    JEPES1348JEPES1348 member
    edited July 2014
    JEPES1348 said:
    Good luck, Stoney!

Did you change your technique when making your offer or do you think you just finally got lucky on the third one?
    I think we finally just got lucky. We always had to submit our "best and highest," and we had to sit down and really decide what we were willing to pay. The comps for our area indicated that all the houses were listed above "market value," and they still all went for well over asking price. There was just a threshold where we said, "Okay, if we bought the house for X amount, would we feel like we got a great house, or like we overpaid?" Ultimately, it worked out, but it was a total crap shoot.

Hoping you have better luck and get the house you really want!

edit: Oh, and we didn't ask for any concessions, so we paid for all closing costs and didn't ask the seller for boo hiss. I think offers with concessions were laughed at around here.

• Options
    Good luck. I hope you get the house!

On the same note, but totally random. DH and I love to look at real estate online. He has his heart set on buying a vacation home on the coast. But I would rather have a nice house in town and have the ranch be more for vacation. I just found an amazing 3200 sq ft home in a great neighborhood that is cheaper than his coastal house. He hates the idea of living in town, I hate the idea of a "vacation" six hours away where I am still in the middle of nowhere, and have to do all the cooking and cleaning. I think this is a no win for both of us. 
  • Options

On the same note, but totally random. DH and I love to look at real estate online. He has his heart set on buying a vacation home on the coast. But I would rather have a nice house in town and have the ranch be more for vacation. I just found an amazing 3200 sq ft home in a great neighborhood that is cheaper than his coastal house. He hates the idea of living in town, I hate the idea of a "vacation" six hours away where I am still in the middle of nowhere, and have to do all the cooking and cleaning. I think this is a no win for both of us. 
    Not only that, but you'd have to pay someone to maintain the property.   I'd rather just rent a home for that kind of money and not have to worry about the upkeep.
  • Options

sarenu1 said:

Not only that, but you'd have to pay someone to maintain the property.   I'd rather just rent a home for that kind of money and not have to worry about the upkeep.
    I hadn't even thought of that! They makes this house even cheeper, of course with a house that big I would have to talk DH into a housekeeper at least once a week. But that's cheeper......right? :)
  • Options
    km_mdkm_md member
    Good luck Stoney!! House buying is so fun but so stressful!

• Options
    Another random. DD keeps crawling under the coffee table and getting stuck. Apparently she knows to duck her head to get under it, but not to get out. She gets SO mad, and fusses and fusses for me to save her. It's hilarious!
  • Options
    Good luck Stoney. I don't think it's was as bad here as it was for Jepes when we bought a house last August/September. But we put in a bid on a lot of houses, and we were usually too slow to put a bid on it (seller already accepted another offer), or we were outbid. Part of that was just the houses we were looking at though. The shortsales/foreclosures/not great condition homes sat on the market for a while, whereas the more desirable homes (that we were looking at) went way quicker. 

Relating to last weeks UO/FFFC (don't remember which), I was listening to the President talk on the radio in the car today about the whole Russia/Ukraine/downed plane mess, and he got to the end of his speech, and said "Thanks", not "Thank you". 

My random: I have this real nice mom asking me about scheduling her son in for lessons again. But she's not always quite with it in a number of ways. I kinda wish she would think about her email subject lines a little more though. Last fall, she sent one that was "Steve's privates" (not the kid's real name, and privates as in private lessons). The current one is just "Private" in the subject line. Someone could look at my email, and look at the subject lines just from her and get the wrong idea....
  • Options
    Mapleme said:
    And my random: I just dropped off the enrollment money for Ms daycare and holy crap I don't want my maternity leave to end! This is a really, really good day care and she's only going to be there 3 days/week and I even feel like there are a lot of benefits to day care over a kiddo staying with one caregiver. But she's my baby! And they do things differently than me! I really wish we could afford for me to stay home (and still have my business). Poo.
    Have you thought about putting the daycare money towards hiring part-time help in the bakery instead?
  • Options
    Good luck Stoney!

My random: A just had her 2 month appt today and she's 90th % for height! I know she may not stay that high, but I was shocked since I'm only 5'2" ... maybe she'll be tall like her daddy!

Also, DH and I love looking at real estate online. Both in our area and our potential move-to cities in CO. It's fun picturing all our stuff in the houses and what cosmetic changes we would make :-)
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    I'm also very good at making pizza.
  • Options
    The "whore" one made me LLOL, ITK.
  • Options
    ovenrack said:
    Okay obviously Maple in in charge of the bakery and business side of the commune. MK is in charge of livestock... what/who else? I am good at being mean and baking/cooking (but not like maple), and graphic design.
    I'll hang out with the dogs and teach the kids to play rugby.  That's a legitimate job, right?
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"