July 2014 Moms
Options

Night crew check in!

Re: Night crew check in!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD is down and I'm about to be too but this article is a great read if you're up tonight! So perfectly written how the first few weeks (months?) feel as a FTM.

https://www.coffeeandcrumbs.net/blog/2014/7/25/bqysx2mx6gbotqv8sxfkqlrmgk2ie7

Hope you all get some sleep tonight!!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    The baby has been up for hours. She refuses to sleep. I have no idea how to get her down. She keeps wanting to nurse, but i don't think she's hungry. She'll fall asleep on the boob, then when I move her she'll wake up and be really alert.

I think I'm in for a long night :(

• Options

The baby has been up for hours. She refuses to sleep. I have no idea how to get her down. She keeps wanting to nurse, but i don't think she's hungry. She'll fall asleep on the boob, then when I move her she'll wake up and be really alert.

I think I'm in for a long night :(

Been dealing with this since yesterday, we're both exhausted, right now im trying side lying positon and hope he falls asleep so i can get some rest myself. I usually dont have LO sleep with Me but after last night and a full day of sleeping crappy the poor guy needs to sleep i can tell hes just so over tired :( maybe you could give it a shot, hope you and your LO get some rest soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kwh33ls said:

Ah. So THIS is cluster feeding.

Awesome, right?
  • Options
    Csltdk said:

kwh33ls said:

Ah. So THIS is cluster feeding.

Awesome, right?
    Uuuuggggghhhhhhh

• Options
    I've been trying to do a nightime routine. I got Gabby down but she wouldn't fall completely asleep. She was content sucking on her paci so DH said he'd take care of her while I took a shower. When I get out of the shower I hear Gabby screaming. I hurry up and get dressed to see what's going on and DH is making her do tummy time. So guess who is wide awake now? I just want to strangle Dh.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I got to sleep from 10-12 before my well intentioned DH woke me up telling me it was time to feed the baby. They always hangout together in the living room till it's time for the first feeding. So I go out there and DD is sound asleep... Hmmm. For some reason he thought I would want to wake her to nurse! He was obviously having a FTD moment. Anyway, we watched a little tv before I eventually did wake her in the hopes that we could get the first session over with. It's now 1:30 and I'm hoping she goes back to sleep!

Also, I'm pretty sure he shined a flashlight in my face in a "funny" attempt to wake me up. Not happy.
  • Options
    DS has been so good about going right back to sleep after eating. Until now. Naps were shitty all day, and if this feeding is any indication, nighttime sleep is going to suck tonight, too, because he's still up, grunting away in his swing NOT sleeping.
  • Options
    First feeding of the night. She's about 2hrs early so hopefully it doesn't mean she will be up a few extra times tonight!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm in the same boat, @Lola825‌!

• Options
    Csltdk said:

I wonder what "now" cd they will be on when Ellie is older. Now that's what I call music 521?

#3amthoughts

I sit and wonder about that too!! I remember buying the very first one...

So, been up since 2:40 :( DD went to bed at her normal time, 9:30, but I had a feeling she wouldn't last because she spit up her 8:30 bottle. She took some more after she spit up, but I guess it wasn't enough to satisfy her (she normally lasts until at least 5). So I changed her, fed her, and re-swaddled her only for her to spit up again :( made another bottle which she ate a bit from, and now she's passed out on me. I'm afraid of putting her down at this point, though!
  • Options
    LO keeps waking up screaming because she somehow turns herself 90 degrees in the MOTN (while swaddled) and her head is hitting the slats of the bed. Any suggestions on what to do about this?
  • Options

LO keeps waking up screaming because she somehow turns herself 90 degrees in the MOTN (while swaddled) and her head is hitting the slats of the bed. Any suggestions on what to do about this?

Try swaddling her and then roll up a receiving blanket or a towel and put it on the sides of her to act like a bumper it wont hurt or bother her and she wont be able to move around/over it. The nurses taught my mom this trick when my brother had terrible reflux and had to sleep on his side so he wouldnt choke and she taught me :) its a lifesaver sometimes during the day when my LO refuses to sleep on his back and he never moves an inch, hope it helps!
  • Options
    LO got up for her 3am feed...and refuses to go back to sleep.
    She nursed for almost an hour; to the point where she was spitting up everything she was eating, but was still screaming her head off.
    Now the screaming has stopped, but she's wide awake.

• Options
    Wow I got 4 hours of sleep in a row, but ouch my boobs hurt! I had to help Gabby wake up all the way and then she realized she hadn't eaten in awhile and attacked my boob haha. I'd so love another 4 hour stretch. Fingers crossed.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    TwizzyG said:

LO got up for her 3am feed...and refuses to go back to sleep.
    She nursed for almost an hour; to the point where she was spitting up everything she was eating, but was still screaming her head off.
    Now the screaming has stopped, but she's wide awake.

@TwizzyG‌
    We are in the exact same boat tonight. Also we have a doc appt at 9am. I really miss sleep!

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• Options
    I gave DS 2 a bath about 7:45 thinking id have him down by 8-8:30 which he was but he woke up about 9:00 with tummy trouble and what I'm calling colicky episodes. I couldn't please him till about 10:30 when he decided to calm down and relax. He was asleep by 11 and up by 12:30 to nurse. Up again at 3:30 to nurse but this time he was having trouble getting back to sleep in his crib. Exhausted I spent the night on the couch with DS2. Oh and this was a first for me... DS1 joined us on the couch sometime in the 5 am hour. I am now sitting on the love seat after nursing DS 2. Shm...

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    MSUDucks said:

@Matthew930‌ I hope you finally got some sleep! My girlfriend with an older DD told me to try to wake DD every 2 hours during the day and get her to eat so that she learns to be up during the day and rest at night. I've been working on it and hope it pays off soon! I also forget how old your dd is but maybe she's at her first wonder week?

Thanks! Yes. She's just over two weeks old. .. so maybe? What's a "wonder week"?

The problem is that I don't remember ANY OF THIS with DS. 5 years is a long time I guess. ..

• Options

Csltdk said:

I wonder what "now" cd they will be on when Ellie is older. Now that's what I call music 521?

#3amthoughts

51 I believe! Saw a commercial for it yesterday at 3am and I'm pretty sure it's 51! So crazy.

Hahaha now I know you need sleep! I know what now cd we are on now, but what about when our lo's are older?
  • Options
    MSUDucks said:

A wonder week is when they make a developmental change. They tend to be more fussy and need more snuggles during that time. The first one isn't until like a month old though. They talked a lot about them on my first BMB. I don't know that DS lined up perfectly, but I can say that when he went through the spurts it did coincide with skills.

https://barefootmothering.blogspot.com/2011/01/growth-spurts.html?m=0

@2lacyblue‌ and @Matthew930‌

Thank you for sharing this! I was losing my mind wondering what the heck could be up with DS. He is not wanting to sleep at all (day or night) and when he does fall asleep, he wakes up immediately when put down. Since he wasn't having either of these problems before I was nervous I broke him some how!
  • Options
    About to do the first feed of the night at 9 pm and then go to bed if DS cooperates. Seriously need to catch up on sleep, my eyes are getting all bloodshot. We've had company all week, here til Saturday, and I haven't been able to nap at all.

Whatever tomorrow's planned outing is, I'm staying home and sleeping every time the baby sleeps.

Hope you ladies get some rest tonight!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Actually hoping LO has a blowout diaper tonight. She hasn't pooped in 9 days! Pediatrician finally had me do a suppository today, but if we don't get results, looks like we might be going to get an x-ray tomorrow. :(

• Options
    cko521 said:

Ugh. I've been trying to get LO to sleep since 8. Why won't she close her eyes?!!

Ok, so our babies were born on the same day... Maybe it's a developmental thing?

• Options
    Little tiny dude go to sleep! :((

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Good luck twiZzy

I've been up at 12,1,2,3. Why bother going back to bed? WTF
  • Options
    Lo slept 10-3! Now I regret not going to bed sooner!
  • Options
    Oh, and acts like she's starving when she wakes up, then falls asleep after half ounce. Wtf?!
  • Options
    DD just slept for 5 hours! I couldn't believe it when I looked at the clock. This makes up for her super fussy day. Maybe it was the gripe water (which apparently you're supposed to refrigerate, btw).

Another success is that she took a paci without gagging! We had to get some 0-2 month Nuks - they're super tiny, but they work!
  • Options

Maybe it was the gripe water (which apparently you're supposed to refrigerate!

Why do you think this? It doesn't say to on my box..

Up for the first feeding of the night. Poor DD was so fussy yesterday. We are weaning off the formula supplements and every time she had formula yesterday she spit up excessively. I need to increase my supply quickly here because she's spitting up most of what she's getting right now!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    This poor baby has a horrible diaper rash. :(

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• Options
    First feeding of the night. DD went to sleep at 11 pm. A good swaddle works miracles for her. Although yesterday she couldn't be put down for more than 20 minutes at the time.

I haven't been posting much here this week bc I've been falling asleep in the recliner while she drinks her bottle.

I hope y'all are getting some sleep tonight.

• Options
    Is it really considered a MOTN feeding if it's at 5 a.m.? Yawn.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    2nd feeding here. Ugh, every time she latches on my right boob it hurts. I am having her latch the way the LC taught me but I swear she just chews on it. Looks like I may need to see the LC again.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Lola825 said:

Maybe it was the gripe water (which apparently you're supposed to refrigerate!

Why do you think this? It doesn't say to on my box..
    I ::think:: it has something to do with the pasteurization process. We didn't realize and had left it out for 2 days before giving it to her. I read it should be ok if it was just a few days.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"