November 2014 Moms
Options

Nursery pictures

Re: Nursery pictures

• Options
    @Ashris13‌ search etsy for outlet covers. There are so many shops that make cute covers!

N14 Nov. Siggy: CELEBRATION!

image image
    TTC since 2011
    Aug. - Sept. 2013 - dIUIs = BFNs
    January 2014 - IVF = 3 freezer babies
    March 2014 - FET of AA and AB blast = BFP! Twins! 
    Nov. 7, 2014 - Wilhelmina "Willa" Suzanne (4lb 14oz) and Ari Jose (6lb 4oz) were born via CS
    image image

image image image image 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    j3nnyb said:
    kstirton said:

Question!! What are you all doing for bedding? Any ideas for a budget friendly way to get everything you need? I'm finding that a lot of the sets are so expensive and don't even come w/ the crib bumper!!

Technically, all you really need for bedding is crib sheets and maybe a crib skirt.  The blankets that come with the bedding sets are just for looks.  I still have yet to use DD's blanket that came with her set.  She still sleeps with a sleep sack at 18months.  Crib bumpers aren't recommended because of the higher risk of SIDS.
    Wow... really!?? I had no idea ... I thought the bumper was so they didn't roll over and smack their face on the wood LOL ... but that's good to know ...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel so behind reading this thread! Our nursery still has our guest bed and dresser in it. At least we're not planning on painting; the walls are already a neutral green.

We leave on vacation on Saturday, so once we get back I'll ramp things into high gear. I have a dresser and bookcase plan, we just need to go to IKEA to pick up the pieces. And we've found a glider we like at BBB, but DH wants to check out regular furniture stores.

I was telling DH last night that we really need to focus when we get back. No way do I want to be worrying about this stuff at 30+ weeks!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @maebee87‌ It was an etsy shop called the slightly smitten kitten https://www.etsy.com/shop/SSKDesigns. Great service and fast shipping. I searched for "elephant light switch covers" on etsy and the one I picked actually came up a lot.

N14 Nov. Siggy: CELEBRATION!

image image
    TTC since 2011
    Aug. - Sept. 2013 - dIUIs = BFNs
    January 2014 - IVF = 3 freezer babies
    March 2014 - FET of AA and AB blast = BFP! Twins! 
    Nov. 7, 2014 - Wilhelmina "Willa" Suzanne (4lb 14oz) and Ari Jose (6lb 4oz) were born via CS
    image image

image image image image 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I have some serious nursery envy now, thank you all... :(
    Unless I can convince SO to start school in 2 weeks and his GI bill comes in on a normal timeline there will be no nursery for our LO for the first while. 

I have fantasized long and hard since I was a little girl about having a beautiful nursery for my LO and I am being cheated of it. Bleh. -insert grumpy face GIF- 

Me too..All your nurseries are just so cute...We live in a one bedroom apt so LO will be sharing the room with us.  We also aren't allowed to paint but at least I can put some wall decals on that side of the room.  Our lease is up Nov 1st and had been toying with the idea of moving to a two bedroom in the complex but it's cutting it really close. If we leave any earlier they consider that breaking the lease even though we would be staying with them just moving to a bedroom.  Also have a feeling that they would make us a put security down on the new one as well... I guess we'll see... and I'll just have to live vicariously through your nurseries lol 

~Nov14 Moms November Siggy Challenge: CELEBRATION!! ~

Anniversary
        Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    kstirton said:

Question!! What are you all doing for bedding? Any ideas for a budget friendly way to get everything you need? I'm finding that a lot of the sets are so expensive and don't even come w/ the crib bumper!!

I'm just doing a sheet (solid color) and then relying on sleep sack/swaddle/layering on baby for warmth. The bed skirt is a DIY project (altho to make it even easier a friend who's has an etsy business volunteered to make it for me. Google No-Sew DIY crib skirt. It's life changing :) It just atatches with Velcro or ties to your mattress base and you can adjust the height of the skirt so it always hits the floor, as your child grows and mattress is lowered. Bumper seems to be a waste so not even gona have that made (I'll get a breathable one if needed later)

BabyName Ticker
    image imageimageimage

• Options
    dh2613 said:

MrsG1019  I love your nursery idea. Love love the feature wall, so cute.

Thank You!!! The bold colors were kinda out of my comfort zone but DH insisted it would look good... So we went for it. The fabric was the inspiration and I think it's all turning out to work really well together :)

BabyName Ticker
    image imageimageimage

• Options
    Thank you so much for the bedding advice, I'm so glad I asked b/c I would have wasted a ton of money on a set.

• Options
    We got the room cleaned out a couple weeks ago.  We are painting this weekend.  We have most of the furniture (mismatched hand-me-down) and a lot of the décor.  I am ready to see what it looks like as it comes together.  I will post pictures after we paint.

• Options
    @j3nnyb- I love what you picked out for the nursery but I saw this on Pintrest and instantly thought of you lol
    We were going to do that entire star wars theme if we had a boy. I think it's adorable and hubs is a HUGE star wars fan.

• Options
    I've started saying that we're going to have to put the baby in a shoe box under our bed! DH seemed to be a bit more motivated to getting things done this weekend, but still no progress on the nursery itself.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kstirton said:

I found a set on craigslist that was at the grandparents house so barely used. I would recommend looking there.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kstirton said:

Crib sheet & skirt. There are a couple crib skirts I found on Target website that I like that are under $40, I'll buy one of the those.

A lot of sets don't come with a crib bumper because bumpers are not recommended, they are unsafe. (Crib bumpers are even illegal to sell in some states.)
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @abbyful you just saved me - TONS of cute yellow bedding for CHEAP at Target. I think I'm even going to register there now, before I was just going to do babies r us :) Thanks!

• Options
    aa98aa98 member
    Oh my gosh, all your nurseries look great!!!  I love all the gray.  I am thinking gray for ours too with ebony crib and dresser.

Now I'm getting really stressed out.  I am still trying to figure out how everything is going to fit in my tiny apartment and DH is NOT being helpful.  Our 2nd bedroom is currently an office with a full sized futon for guests.  I told him the futon has to come out and go in our tiny living room and he is adamantly against it.  I asked him, well where is the baby going to go then?  I heard crickets chirping in response... so helpful.  Now that I've measured the living room, I think we are gong to need to get rid of either the futon or replace our couch with a smaller one.  I am not looking forward to THAT conversation.  

BabyFruit Ticker

Our first!!!

• Options

i have a totally newb question. i have zero vision for the nursery and dont know where to start. did you ladies pick a wall color first or bedding or furniture or theme? my problem is im getting overwhelmed because i dont know how to start my planning. right now the nursey has the old dog cage and 3 pieces of mismatched furniture and beige walls. i'm starting at square 1.

TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options
    MrsG1019MrsG1019 member
    edited July 2014

i have a totally newb question. i have zero vision for the nursery and dont know where to start. did you ladies pick a wall color first or bedding or furniture or theme? my problem is im getting overwhelmed because i dont know how to start my planning. right now the nursey has the old dog cage and 3 pieces of mismatched furniture and beige walls. i'm starting at square 1.

Pintrest :) lol that is where I started and then it just snowballed from there once I found inspiration.

Ditto this! got my general idea and colors from there .. Then found the fabric I wanted for the curtains and everything else took off from there.

BabyName Ticker
    image imageimageimage

• Options

love the pink and brown, very pretty and sophisticated.

Now that we are officially girl I'm not as in love w/ the grey LOL gotta get over that ... we just painted it.

• Options
    This is all I've got to work with so far....just the blanket not the set but I'm excited!

https://rockerbyebaby.com/shoprbb/crib-bedding-thin-bumpers
  • Options
    love all the ideas! Just bought some sunshine stuff tonight for the walls... kohls was having 50% off a ton of stuff. Kinda frustrating that there's a million shades of yellow lol We also got 2 curtains for the window... but it's a standard window  - just one pane, so not sure if we will use both yet.. or just one and pull to the side... hmmm

• Options
    @creativesoul83 - I did forest friends for DS1 also. The colors in his room are sage green, baby blue, and chocolate brown. I am still obsessed with everything I see that has baby forest animals on it. Too bad his interests now revolve around Thomas the Train and I don't have a nursery for this LO.
  • Options
    Here is what we have so far in the room need to pull out to paint wall. The walls are taupe doing one wall blue. Our theme is forest friends. Edit mobile bumping
    OMG you guys have a TON of stuff already!!

• Options
    We are still debating on paint colors. But I did paint chests/night stands this weekend! These were in my nursery as a baby, but they were originally shiny gold metal.

• Options
    dh2613dh2613 member
    One note to all the FTMs, make sure to get your nursery furniture in and set-up at least a month before your due date. Gotta let that stuff air out as I couldn't even go into the nursery when we first had it all set-up as the fumes were noxious. The worst was the changing table pad! I can still smell it every time I change the cover on it.
    That is great advise. We painted over 4th of July weekend, and then last weekend brought in the new crib and dresser and it smells horrible in there right now, tons of fumes from both the furniture wood stain and the paint. Glad we did it early enough.
  • Options
    @TC0514‌ Love that! Where did you get the dresser and crib?
  • Options
    This is our project tonight.  We need to finish cleaning it out (it has been the "I-don't-know-what-to-do-with-this" room for 6 years) and our crib was delivered today!! We need to paint but we need to replace the window because it is old and drafty!  We ordered the dresser and my sister is giving me her glider which matches perfectly. I do have the bedding but have to decide on a color for the walls.  I was thinking an off-white and then when I went to pick up color cards realized there are about 3,572 shades of off-white. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"