1st Trimester
Options

Afraid to chew gum!

Re: Afraid to chew gum!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    felbermom said:

This is interesting to me. ...whether you are a new mom or not, what gives you all the right to be so mean and hateful. ..grow up! I had my first at 21 years old and knew nothing...everything scared me. How dare you ruin this exciting, scary, yet wonderful time for someone. If it really bothers you then go to another forum...ridiculous!

How is telling someone that chewing gum is safe "ruining" their experience?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Wow...maybe I'm just a better person....I actually thought being in one of these forums would be a nice support but clearly it isn't. Ginny...obviously I was talking to those people who were being rude...what is wrong with standing up to bullies? This poor girl heard something about gum and rather then believing what she reads on the Internet she came here for support to people she thought would be loving and caring...not judgemental. It's fine if you all want to chastise me. Good luck to you all. I hope your pregnancy and delivery go well.
  • Options
    felbermom said:
    Wow...maybe I'm just a better person....I actually thought being in one of these forums would be a nice support but clearly it isn't. Ginny...obviously I was talking to those people who were being rude...what is wrong with standing up to bullies? This poor girl heard something about gum and rather then believing what she reads on the Internet she came here for support to people she thought would be loving and caring...not judgemental. It's fine if you all want to chastise me. Good luck to you all. I hope your pregnancy and delivery go well.
    @felbermom She was told about the gum by MATURE adults girlfriend!  Mature people give legit advice yo.  Also, piss off.  No one here bullied anyone.  
  • Options
    Just to be safe I switched from him to Mentos... They also help with my new found heartburn...
  • Options
    @meery82 The picture in your siggy makes me laugh every time. So hard. Out loud. Till I snort.
    TTGP Siggy Challenge: Workout Fails

My Chart
  • Options
    janda426 said:
    Guys be nice. It's because if she swallows the gum and it gets in the baby's mouth the baby doesn't have teeth to chew it. Use common sense!!11!!!1
    Hahaha You're amazing
  • Options
    I was shocked that this lady was even posting this post but you guys don't have to be so mean! Chewing gum is fine...
  • Options
    Wow you guys are mean...
  • Options
    It's not the gum, but my guess the artificial flavor and sweeteners used in all gums...natural gums don't have it but are hard to find. I would def ask your Dr./Ob any pregnancy related questions :)
  • Options
    Wow! People need to be nice and not be rude!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mrsbouchakour -

I am very curious as to what the reasons were behind the advice you were given by these mature adults?

~~~Big brother 11.29.05 & Little Brother 6.18.09~~~  
    Pregnancy%20ticker
  • Options
    Wow. I know ya'll are hormonal and shit but really?? Don't be so mean!! This is my first baby and I know- just from having gone through the last two months, getting facts and information and getting TRUE facts and information are two completely different things! One person will say one thing, and another will say another. It's all a learning curve! No one said the first or even second trimester would be easy- but jeez don't be so insensitive to those learning that aren't the "pro bitches" already. If you're gonna be mean and sarcastic- keep your hormones and your snappy comebacks to yourself or your poor SO's! This is for people who actually want to learn and get advice from other moms... Not to have their (sometimes silly) questions answered with rude remarks. Keep your comments to yourself. Read. Think about your rude remarks IN YOUR HEAD, and if you don't have anything nice to say to the post, MOVE ON!
    End of story.
  • Options
    TapsalteerieTapsalteerie member
    edited July 2014
    Wow. I know ya'll are hormonal and shit but really?? Don't be so mean!! This is my first baby and I know- just from having gone through the last two months, getting facts and information and getting TRUE facts and information are two completely different things! One person will say one thing, and another will say another. It's all a learning curve! No one said the first or even second trimester would be easy- but jeez don't be so insensitive to those learning that aren't the "pro bitches" already. If you're gonna be mean and sarcastic- keep your hormones and your snappy comebacks to yourself or your poor SO's! This is for people who actually want to learn and get advice from other moms... Not to have their (sometimes silly) questions answered with rude remarks. Keep your comments to yourself. Read. Think about your rude remarks IN YOUR HEAD, and if you don't have anything nice to say to the post, MOVE ON! End of story.
    I hate to tell you this, but not everyone who comments on these posts is "hormonal" and pregnant.  I'm also sure my "hormones" do not affect my ability to dole out intelligent answers, even if they aren't warm and fuzzy.

Pregnancy is about using common sense.  When you question your common sense, you call a doctor.  If you don't get that through your head now, then raising a child is going to be a shitstorm of problems.

Women on here don't sugarcoat their answers and there is a reason.  Stupid questions lead to stupider questions.  This leads to stupid answers and panic.  Hence, the misinformation OP received from "Mature Adults."

And my DH loves my wit.  That's why he married me.  That and my common sense.
    Edited because formatting.
  • Options
    Common sense has little to do with this. Yes the question may have been silly, I'm not denying or saying it wasn't. But that has nothing to do with raising a baby. Like I said, I know from experience. You get stressed when you don't know, and you panic and you ask stupid questions. Again. LEARNING CURVE. Not everyone, not even you, knows everything or has all the answers. Sometimes asking questions on here is like walking into a pack of wolves. Stupid. This should be a happy place not a butch fest. Grow up please.
  • Options

Common sense has little to do with this. Yes the question may have been silly, I'm not denying or saying it wasn't. But that has nothing to do with raising a baby. Like I said, I know from experience. You get stressed when you don't know, and you panic and you ask stupid questions. Again. LEARNING CURVE. Not everyone, not even you, knows everything or has all the answers. Sometimes asking questions on here is like walking into a pack of wolves. Stupid. This should be a happy place not a butch fest. Grow up please.

Common sense has everything to do with it. You're delusional if you think otherwise.

When my daughter has a problem (surprise, I have experience as well), I don't run to a chat board for advice. Especially if the problem is on a level where I'm panicking.

I'm quite grown up. I don't have to result to calling people bitches to make a point.

• Options
    janda426 said:
    Do the white knights ever have useful advice or are they all programmed to say the same stupid shit that isn't relevant to the conversation?
     Well she did say common sense has nothing to do with this.  They just come by to fart some glitter on the meanies and leave. 
  • Options
    You both are silly. When I said common sense had little to do with this- I meant with the question!!!!!!! Duh. Not raising a child. Keep your smart ass remarks to yourself. Rude people shouldn't be aloud on these forums- take your moods else where. Again. Should be a happy place. People like you ruin it for others. You could have simply said "ask your doctor". Instead of freaking out and making her feel bad with your comments. That's what I meant by grow up. How you are treating people on here is an example. You aren't queen of the forum. Have respect or GTFO.
  • Options
    082359082359 member
    Wow. At 36, I feel so lucky to have supportive friends and family members to whom I'll direct all of my questions. The negativity and sarcasm here make me sick. I don't understand why so many of you seem to take pleasure in making women feel badly. I wonder if you're like that in real life or just online. Thank you to the two women who stuck up for the young lady. It pisses me off that you standing up for her enraged people even more. Clearly I'm not cut out for this forum. Lesson learned.
  • Options
    082359082359 member
    Thank you.
  • Options
    You both are silly. When I said common sense had little to do with this- I meant with the question!!!!!!! Duh. Not raising a child. Keep your smart ass remarks to yourself. Rude people shouldn't be aloud on these forums- take your moods else where. Again. Should be a happy place. People like you ruin it for others. You could have simply said "ask your doctor". Instead of freaking out and making her feel bad with your comments. That's what I meant by grow up. How you are treating people on here is an example. You aren't queen of the forum. Have respect or GTFO.

=))

• Options
    082359082359 member
    I don't think it's coddling. It's kindness. And not coddling is fine, but some people go to the other extreme. It seems to me that it's more important for some of the women to get a laugh than help. (I HAVE seen some of the harsher women give positive and productive feedback, however). But, I wonder what some of the ladies would do without anyone to make fun of? If you ask me, some of the girls enjoy the stupid questions and comments so they have the chance to show off how funny they are.
  • Options
    Yes, definitely, some girls ahem, women, do enjoy the stupid questions.  It is very humorous.  Especially when pregnancy tests come with instructions and simple answers are a google search or pregnancy book away.  Such as if you can chew gum, or eat lunch meat, or use mouthwash.  That being said, wk-ing isn't going to help.  Find another board or boards that you enjoy, because you won't change the dynamic of this board.  :)  Good luck @082359 and congrats on your pregnancy!!!  :)
  • Options
    082359082359 member
    Thanks...I figured as such.
  • Options
    082359082359 member
    And congratulations to you too :)
  • Options
    Nasty people on this forum. Why don't you find one for mean- pregnant people! I'm not leaving because I enjoy the NICE people and friendly posts on this forum. I have respect. I'm no longer in high school and I'd love it to remain that way. Clearly many of you never left!
  • Options
    I'm not leaving.. I have no reason to. This is a public forum... PUBLIC... For mothers who want to learn and talk to other moms. My "history" you speak of, consisting of bitching, is because I stick up for people who clearly are being attacked by rude people who have nothing better to do with their time than comment on people's questions and make them feel bad. I'm not here to make you happy. Or to be your friend. I'm trying to help make it a peaceful place to do just what I said. You are the ones bullying and making rude comments. So YOU take it elsewhere. No real mom has time for bullshit drama on a stupid forum page... If you had common sense, or respect you'd apologize for patronizing this poor person for her silly question and MOVE ON! Unlike you, I have a life. So I'm not longer posting on here. Comment back if you wish or feel you have to. I won't read it lol you all are jokes.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I'm not leaving.. I have no reason to. This is a public forum... PUBLIC... For mothers who want to learn and talk to other moms. My "history" you speak of, consisting of bitching, is because I stick up for people who clearly are being attacked by rude people who have nothing better to do with their time than comment on people's questions and make them feel bad. I'm not here to make you happy. Or to be your friend. I'm trying to help make it a peaceful place to do just what I said. You are the ones bullying and making rude comments. So YOU take it elsewhere. No real mom has time for bullshit drama on a stupid forum page... If you had common sense, or respect you'd apologize for patronizing this poor person for her silly question and MOVE ON! Unlike you, I have a life. So I'm not longer posting on here. Comment back if you wish or feel you have to. I won't read it lol you all are jokes.
    1. Not everyone who posts here is pregnant or has kids.

2. You can't roll up in here with your white knight shield and expect to change the culture of an entire webiste. TB is snarky, sarcastic, and full of tough love. If I ask a stupid question I expect people here to tell me that I'm being stupid. That's why I post here and not another site. If you want a different culture go somewhere else.

3. You're here. You keep coming back for more. You said you stick up for people. You can't stick up for anyone if you're not reading the drama or at least returning to it. Are you a fake mom? Real mothers don't have time for internet drama.

4. Bye.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"