June 2014 Moms
Options

*Tuesday 4/22 AW/SS/Random Thread*

Have something attention whorey, special snowflakey or just really random to share?

Now is your chance!

Re: *Tuesday 4/22 AW/SS/Random Thread*

• Options
    @letsgobowlingx‌ those are gorgeous!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My random thought - my craving has been fresh pineapple. It gets very frustrating when I want to keep eating it but my tongue is, like, burnt from the acid in it! My life is so hard.

This! I can't get enough pineapple but it's making my mouth hurt and my heartburn worse but I can't stop.
  • Options
    The only thing that made it acceptable to go back to work today, IMO, was knowing I only have like 6-7 weeks left.  But there is SO MUCH to do in that time, so that's kind of stressful.

Last night we finished our birthing classes and I feel much better now about how the whole thing will go down (that is of course if it goes according to plan)  I have definitely confirmed with myself that I'd like to try this med free based off of all of the information shared (from both angles) but I'm still terrified that something will go wrong and I'll end up with a CS, but if that's the case I feel like I'd be in good hands.  I can't control the unknown, so at this point that's the only thing that worries me, and DH says it's silly to be worried about since it IS unknown.

Also, I watched all of TWD over my Easter break.  I could only find one thread about it (just to read comments, not starting up any zombie threads...hehe...see what I did there?) so if anyone knows they started one and can easily link me to it for my perusal, that'd be much appreciated!  Or if you just want to chat about it in a PM so as not to bore everyone else, that works for me too :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DH and I have a remarkably full schedule this week, both pregnancy and social related, which is unusual.  I have a prenatal massage today, we have an u/s tomorrow, then our second of third birthing classes on Thursday night.  Then after our birthing class, I'm meeting up with a bunch of college friends who are in town for a wedding, though I probably won't stay very long as they'll be headed to the bar district and that doesn't sound too appealing being 7.5 months pregnant.  Then Friday night, we're having dinner with some of DH's friends.  Saturday is the wedding of my college friends.  Sunday we're going out for another friend's birthday.  

I'm exhausted just thinking about it, but still looking forward to it.
  • Options
    @lizardbreath14 beautiful! Happy for you and hubby!

• Options
    @mrsdbc man that sucks...at least you're a reasonable thinker and not getting mad at her for it. I hope it all works out for you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @lest12‌ I thought she meant her due date too just reading that. I would have done/said the exact same thing as you once she explained herself! Blame it on 'pregnancy brain'. Don't feel bad! Edit: Hit reply w/no actual reply

Thanks.  I was/am so mortified.

image        image

• Options
    I'm due June 1 and I'm not sure when the nesting really sets in but my ass has been busy. Baby room is finished as much as it can be before we move. So many boxes are packed and stacked up all nice and neat and I even cleaned out DF closet and mine also.

*BFP- Sept 2013*

*Ryder due June 1,2014*

BabyFetus Ticker

*Love of my Life*

image image

<3<3<3<3

• Options
    mrsgerman said:
    I found out the other day that my hospital plays a little lullaby throughout the entire hospital on the intercom every time a baby is born. I have heard it play while waiting for sonograms but never knew what it was for. I absolutely love that they do that and I can't wait until they play one for us!!
    Mine too!  During our tour they said they give us a heads up so we can listen for when they play for our baby :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

@cristykaye your avatar pic is cute :)

image        image

• Options
    @letsgobowlingx‌ I totally would hang out with everyone!

@mrsgerman‌ my hospital does that too! and with DS I had a csection and when he was born the nurses sang happy birthday to him :) I sobbed. I hope they do it again this time!
  • Options
    @lizardbreath14 Congrats to you and your hubby!  My husband also got baptized, confirmed.. the whole thing at Easter Vigil!  Ours was from 8-11 with a reception... I only had to get up to pee once!  I definitely call that a success!  There were a ton of people joining the church, but it didn't feel that long because I loved watching everyone get baptized!  Now that RCIA is nearly over, we are starting up baby baptism classes next week!  Such a busy time!  Love your outfit!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My MIL insists that I not have the baby on June 21st (her birthday- she doesn't want to share apparently) or my due date, June 23rd which is her ex-husband's birthday (and father to 4 of her 5 children). Seriously though? How about my baby shows up when he feels like it and then we can all deal it?

• Options
    @lest12‌ and @lyracelesti‌ - Thanks! I didn't want to call her out right then and there, so I thought I would maybe call back, but didn't know if that was tacky. Sounds like that's pretty normal then. And you're right, all she can do is say no! :)

@rachel5130 - Not tacky!  I think it's standard when you're talking second hand.  It's not like there's some big manufacturer setting the value, it's all subjective.

I say go for it.  Good luck!

image        image

• Options
    I have an SS question that I'm not sure where to ask: 

A friend of ours just told us he wants to buy us a stroller. I haven't picked one out yet, but I've been looking at Graco travel systems. (I still have to check and see what car seat fits in our vehicles.) In terms of stroller costs, it's pretty minimal. In terms of a friend giving you a gift, I feel like it's too much!

We told him that but he insisted not to worry about the price tag. I still feel super weird about it.

What's etiquette for this? Should I just insist he pick something less expensive? Should I just accept it? I was thinking if I'm doing a travel system, DH and I can get the car seat and our friend can get just the stroller, that way it's not totally crazy.

I guess I find it all very awkward. Especially since it's such a specific item that I wouldn't want someone else choosing for me (especially someone w/ no kids or stroller knowledge). DH thinks our friend makes good enough money (he works at Microsoft) for me not to be so concerned.
  • Options
    @lest12‌ aww thanks!

*BFP- Sept 2013*

*Ryder due June 1,2014*

BabyFetus Ticker

*Love of my Life*

image image

<3<3<3<3

• Options
    My husband was getting on me about not resting enough since I can;t seem to heal from this creeping crud so I decided to "nap when the baby naps."

Twice I unexpectedly threw up on myself.

Sigh.
    imageimage
  • Options
    My mom keeps insisting (jokingly, at least) that I have the baby on June 8th because my first niece was born 11/8 and my newest niece was just born 4/8.  

On that note, my 2-week old niece finally gets to go home today! She's been in the hospital since Thursday for seizures.  She's been diagnosed with a rare brain disorder and it will require a hemispherectomy (they have to remove/disconnect half of her brain) in the near future, but for now her seizures are under control.  
  • Options
    otter1103 said:

otter1103 said:

I think I need to wear an apron stop now. My bump catches EVERY drop or smudge of anything lately! Whether it's from me or crap someone left that the bump "finds". Ugh, I look like a messy toddler after coming out of the break room!

Yup. Yesterday I put on a clean shirt and had ONE STRAWBERRY. It ended up all over my shirt. How the F does that even happen?
    And if it's not stains, it's cleavage crumbs! Because maternity shirts seem to only come in V or scoop neck, 'the girls' catch all kinds of junk during the day.
    Yes! This^^^ every night I have crumbs!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
    June '14 September Siggy challenge- Favorite things about fall

• Options
    @mrsdbc yeah my dh is the same about his mom coming out and watching our boys if our current plans fall through (my friend watching my boys)... Only we live in a fifth wheel 9 hours away from her, we have no more room, she can't drive, and also bc my MIL is very open about how she hates me now. Lol. So I definitely feel ya on that one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"