Babies on the Brain
Options

Those who have one child due to IF or loss.

Do you feel like you overcompensate for your "struggles"? For instance, I find myself over buying for Allie. I justify it my head by saying well I would spend this much if I had two kids. H and I just had this conversation and he agreed.

I wondered if this was normal.

Re: Those who have one child due to IF or loss.

• Options
    In a way, yes however I am still hopeful we will have more children and rationalize by saying our future children can use this.

me = 32  DH = 33

TFAS  

BFP2 august 2014 ended in m/c .... Gone but not forgotten....forever in my heart!

Slight MFI low count, morph, mobility

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4ea3a7">My Ovulation Chart</a> || <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Tracker</a>
  • Options
    In a way, yes however I am still hopeful we will have more children and rationalize by saying our future children can use this.
    This is kind of where I am. I've spent a fortune on toys and clothes for H. In my head I either justify it with "well, I can always use it for a second baby!" or "well, if he's going to be our only child then I'm going all out!". It's a hard place to be in.
    Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes. We spoil the crap out of DS and I think deep down I'm trying to redirect my disappointment in having secondary infertility into trying to show him how much I love him even though I desperately want another child. I try to do all these experiences and feel guilty that we put things off in the past. For example, we held off on a real vacation until DS was almost 4 because we were sure that we would have another baby by the time he was 2 and didn't know if we could book a trip. We kept putting it off and I started to feel guilty that DS was missing out on experiences just because we wanted another baby and were having trouble getting one.
  • Options
    We are done. The saving for another child flew the coop a long time ago. Today we bought her a gold necklace and more crap for her Easter basket.

It's a hard spot. I'm struggling today. I want my little boy back.
  • Options
    We are done. The saving for another child flew the coop a long time ago. Today we bought her a gold necklace and more crap for her Easter basket. It's a hard spot. I'm struggling today. I want my little boy back.
    ((hugs MW))
    Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • Options
    I'm sorry MW.  (Hugs to you)

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I just lurk here from time to time but wanted to send you some big hugs @Mysterious_wife :(

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    (((Hugs)))
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Options
    I know exactly what you mean. As long as we aren't alone.
  • Options
    ((Hug))
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Today is going to be better. Fingers crossed I don't see a cute little boy in a smocked Johnny. :)

Thanks for the replies. I was beginning to think we were crazy. (We still could be. : p)
  • Options
    Today is going to be better. Fingers crossed I don't see a cute little boy in a smocked Johnny. :) Thanks for the replies. I was beginning to think we were crazy. (We still could be. : p)
    Welcome to the club. We have cupcakes.
  • Options
    Are they low fat? =;
  • Options
    Are they low fat? =;
    Low fat is blasphemy.
  • Options
    :( I know. Stoopid gall bladders. Well, lack of
  • Options
    I was unsure. I guess I could have looked at the SN. Does TN stand for Tennessee?

Thank you for your support.
  • Options
    I'm a TN girl too!
  • Options
    What part?
  • Options
    Creepy. North of Nashville. I'm in ATL now
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    ((hugs)) MW
    imageimage
    7,065/13,000=54.3%
    Started TTC in June 2008. Not bothering any more.

Bonafide thread killah
  • Options
    Sorry you're hurting, MW. Holidays have a way of reminding us what is missing.

We are still hoping to have more than one, but we are not to the point of overbuying, partly because there haven't been any actual gift giving holidays yet, partly because we don't have the room or money to buy all the things. I don't think that will change, because we really don't want B to think he can have everything he wants, and don't want him to feel entitled/be spoiled, etc. Of course I know that you don't want that for your DD, I hope you don't think I'm implying anything! :)
  • Options
    Hugs and love to you MW.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"