August 2013 Moms
Options

fffc

Re: fffc

• Options
    edited April 2014
    I really want to flame the hell out of a post on sinlgle parents. The poster is married never been a single parent but her hubby only has one day off work and she is so lonley she feels like a single parent and needs advice. Other posters were blowing glitter and rainbows up her ass and i was sitting in the corner rolling my eyes

Eta fixing spelling
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @LokiLahve its a Canadian chain - but it came to our town awhile back, it didn't survive...lasted a few years.  I had it once - and I thought it was OK.  Dunkin rules America.  LOL
  • Options
    I finally started writing again. It's so different from anything I've ever written that it intimidates me. I found myself missing high school. I had so many teachers that worked with me and now I have no one to bounce ideas off of. I'm really thinking about trying to find them on FB, but I worry that'd be weird.
  • Options
    I feel really guilty about this, so I'm confessing even though nothing happened, thank GOD.

On Wednesday night, my H was working late, so I was left to do bath/bedtime on my own for both kids, which is something that we normally do together. Usually we bathe the kids together, and then I take the baby and put him down while he starts bedtime routine for DS1. Well, on this particular day, baby took an early nap so he needed an earlier than normal bedtime. So I ended up giving him a bath by himself and then doing the bedtime routine while DS1 sat on the couch playing ipad.

Well, when I came out after putting baby down, I hear DS1 splashing around in the tub. And I realize.. I left the water in the tub and the bathroom door wide open. I was planning to leave the water and then just add a little more later to give DS1 a bath, but I made a mental note to close the bathroom door when I went in. ANyway, I completely forgot so DS1 was taking a bath all by himself. Obviously nothing happened but just the THOUGHT that something could have, so easily, because I wasn't thinking, made me want to kick myself! I still feel guilty about it. Thankfully nothing did, and, if nothing else, I learned a lesson.. but ugh. So stupid.
  • Options
    I feel really guilty about this, so I'm confessing even though nothing happened, thank GOD.

On Wednesday night, my H was working late, so I was left to do bath/bedtime on my own for both kids, which is something that we normally do together. Usually we bathe the kids together, and then I take the baby and put him down while he starts bedtime routine for DS1. Well, on this particular day, baby took an early nap so he needed an earlier than normal bedtime. So I ended up giving him a bath by himself and then doing the bedtime routine while DS1 sat on the couch playing ipad.

Well, when I came out after putting baby down, I hear DS1 splashing around in the tub. And I realize.. I left the water in the tub and the bathroom door wide open. I was planning to leave the water and then just add a little more later to give DS1 a bath, but I made a mental note to close the bathroom door when I went in. ANyway, I completely forgot so DS1 was taking a bath all by himself. Obviously nothing happened but just the THOUGHT that something could have, so easily, because I wasn't thinking, made me want to kick myself! I still feel guilty about it. Thankfully nothing did, and, if nothing else, I learned a lesson.. but ugh. So stupid.
    Oh hun, that is terrifying. We do something similar and Lucas will go splash in the tub while it's filling up. I didn't realize MH had left the bathroom and I hear the splish splashing, my heart sank as I went running to the bathroom. I was so glad to see it was just his hand, but it could have been worse.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I still wear my maternity pants (and am right now) because I don't fit in anything else! I also have zero motivation to work out again and get back in shape. Oy

And another: I dirty lurk Aug 14 BMB (shocker right?) because I think it's cool to hear about other women experiencing what I did last year. Lurking this morning, I found this gem from the May14 BMB. Prepare to be appalled.

I am speechless....

I just... can't.  What a disgusting human being.
    photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

• Options

I really want to flame the hell out of a post on sinlgle parents. The poster is married never been a single parent but her hubby only has one day off work and she is so lonley she feels like a single parent and needs advice. Other posters were blowing glitter and rainbows up her ass and i was sitting in the corner rolling my eyes

Eta fixing spelling

Wow.  She should try having a husband who travels for work often (sometimes for several days).  I do and even then I never compare myself to a single mother.  Even experiencing those few days every so often, I give single mothers MAD props.  I could never do it.

I give mad props to moms whose partner travels for work. Both arehard amd both are lonely in their own ways. But i think both can agree you deal with it by sucking up and dealing with it.

I havent gotten all the way through the m14 drama but holy shit. It makes my stomach turn. I cant imagine someone taking advantage of mrs.nybergs late term loss. And the glider thread or what i read of it was aweful.

I couldnt believe the level of entitlment.
  • Options
    I spent all day yesterday obsessively checking J13's UO thread. Good stuff.

I went to war with a pimple and the pimple clearly won. I look like I'm 13. Ugh. I have a really bad habit of attacking my face, even though I KNOW it never ends well.

I haven't been to the dentist since I got pregnant this last time (morning sickness + someone's hands in my mouth = scary and potentially embarrassing) I love going to the dentist, just haven't had time. Maybe by openly admitting that it will force me to make an appt!

Oh and I ate a lot of my sons Easter candy as well. I think you are right @AprilRaine‌ the bubbles will save the day.
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• Options
    @BlueJewelM‌ I haven't been to the dentist in at least 4 years. X_X
    I have no excuse, we have insurance, it's a $10 copay. The office I used to go to closed & I haven't been since.
  • Options
    LokiLahve said:

@BlueJewelM‌ I haven't been to the dentist in at least 4 years. X_X
    I have no excuse, we have insurance, it's a $10 copay. The office I used to go to closed & I haven't been since.

This would be my Fffc too: like 3 years. The longer I go the more scared I get about going. I need to bite the bullet and just do it.
  • Options
    V&G101808 said:

tts432462 said:

ludali said:
    This is just sick. I don't understand how people think sometimes. And who has the time and energy for doing that?

My fffc......I don't like the stick figure families people put on their cars. I also don't understand why people put in remembrance stickers on their cars. Isn't there a better way to honor someone you love who has died? It makes no sense to me.

Ditto and Ditto!!  I'm not a big fan of bumper stickers or stickers on cars in general.

I also think the Baby on Board signs are stupid.  No one is going to say "Whoops! There is a baby in that car, let me ram into the next one instead".

So I guess my big ass alabama crimson tide sticker on my back window is out huh? :)

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    V&G101808 said:

tts432462 said:

ludali said:
    This is just sick. I don't understand how people think sometimes. And who has the time and energy for doing that?

My fffc......I don't like the stick figure families people put on their cars. I also don't understand why people put in remembrance stickers on their cars. Isn't there a better way to honor someone you love who has died? It makes no sense to me.

Ditto and Ditto!!  I'm not a big fan of bumper stickers or stickers on cars in general.

I also think the Baby on Board signs are stupid.  No one is going to say "Whoops! There is a baby in that car, let me ram into the next one instead".

So I guess my big ass alabama crimson tide sticker on my back window is out huh? :)

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    I went out to buy an Easter outfit for LO yesterday. I bought three different outfits so DH could "choose" from them... Although I fully knew already which one he'd be wearing for Easter and just wanted an excuse to buy the other two outfits... Hats included... And now he doesn't have shoes to match so I have to go get matching ones..
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Jackson was born 8/11/2013 3:53 am 6 lbs 12 oz
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I haven't been to the dentist since I got pregnant this last time (morning sickness + someone's hands in my mouth = scary and potentially embarrassing) I love going to the dentist, just haven't had time. Maybe by openly admitting that it will force me to make an appt!
    I haven't been since getting pregnant either.  I have a crazy phobic fear of the dentist.  I've had a heart catheterization in the past and I would rather go through that again instead of going to the dentist.  And now I haven't been in so long that I'm terrified of what they are going to find in there.  Thus making me even more afraid to go.  I'm probably going to be toothless by the time I'm 50.
  • Options

And another: I dirty lurk Aug 14 BMB (shocker right?) because I think it's cool to hear about other women experiencing what I did last year. Lurking this morning, I found this gem from the May14 BMB. Prepare to be appalled.

I am speechless....
    It makes me sick that I reached out to Erbear when she had her loss last year.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    BlondieBia21BlondieBia21 member
    edited April 2014
    @tts432462- I just want to say how glad I am to be seeing you around again!!! :) We move back to Wichita on May 2!! (Technically, Goddard but whatever lol) 

My fffc- 
    I haven't fed T solids yet. She'll be 9 months on May 12. I've let her try a couple licks of things, but only twice. I don't know why it scares me so bad to just give them to her. 

ETA- I am also addicted to playing the game "Kitchen Scramble" on Facebook. I even paid money to get more coins. 
    A'13 June Siggy Contest- TV Dads
  • Options
    Today is the crappiest day ever. We woke up this morning to a very lethargic dog. DH has been at the vet with him all morning. Turns out he has a couple huge tumors, it ruptured, and now his stomach is filling with blood.

I can't believe it. He was an energetic dog until today. He's only 7. And has always been healthy!

The confession part, I had made peace with the fact that I would be losing a dog this year. My older dog. The 11 year old, 20 lb overweight, no teeth, hip dysplasia one. I was oddly ready to lose that one.

I guess I'm in the bargaining part of my grief because I'm almost "wishing" (for lack of a better word) that it would have been the older dog. The Little dogs life seemed too short and too sudden. I was prepared for the other. Which makes me feel even shitter to think/say that out loud.

I'm going to go cry all day now.
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• Options
    Oh @BlueJewelM that's the pits.  :-(  I'm so sorry about both of your doggies.  {{HUGS}}
  • Options
    Today is the crappiest day ever. We woke up this morning to a very lethargic dog. DH has been at the vet with him all morning. Turns out he has a couple huge tumors, it ruptured, and now his stomach is filling with blood. I can't believe it. He was an energetic dog until today. He's only 7. And has always been healthy! The confession part, I had made peace with the fact that I would be losing a dog this year. My older dog. The 11 year old, 20 lb overweight, no teeth, hip dysplasia one. I was oddly ready to lose that one. I guess I'm in the bargaining part of my grief because I'm almost "wishing" (for lack of a better word) that it would have been the older dog. The Little dogs life seemed too short and too sudden. I was prepared for the other. Which makes me feel even shitter to think/say that out loud. I'm going to go cry all day now.

Oh no! I'm sorry about your pup!!! Is there anything the vet can do to make it stop and make him better??

[[hugs]]

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

• Options
    @BlueJewelM‌ I'm so sorry about your fur baby. Hugs
  • Options
    @BlueJewell - I'm so sorry! *hugs*

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    BlueJewelMBlueJewelM member
    edited April 2014
    Thanks. They pumped him with lots of pain meds and he is resting on our couch. His eyes are all glassy. I was home with both boys so I couldn't go with, but he knew I wanted to say goodbye to little dog before euthanizing. :(

And now we are just waiting for our appt time to say goodbye forever. When we all woke up this am it was such a happy day. Everything changed this afternoon. Guess that's how life is. :(

They told us we could do surgery, but there's a 30% chance he would die shortly after. And if the surgery is successful, best case scenario is 6 months. The medical term is "vascular tumors viscera" I guess. :(.

My Rudy.
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• Options
    I stayed home sick on Tuesday because I had a nasty cold. DH, who takes care of Little Man during the day had thrown his back out, so I knew that even though I was home sick, I would have to watch Little Man and I wouldn't get any rest. I found him a babysitter for 6 hours and it was the best $20 I've ever spent. It was so amazing to be home and sleep and watch tv shows uninterrupted for the first time since he was born. I feel guilty - but I want to do that a lot more often.

I love him to pieces - but that showed me just how much I need a break from time to time.
    Where'd you find a babysitter that cheap??? Haha. And don't feel guilty. We all need breaks.
    A friend offered to do it for $3 an hour - because she was home with her own LO anyways - I totally lucked out!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    @BlueJewelM‌ what a beautiful dog. May you all find comfort.
  • Options

@BlueJewelM, I am so sorry you're going through this.  I know it's not much consolation now, but your pup knows how much you love him and that you gave him the best possible life, no matter how short.  Your LOs will have a wonderful guardian angel watching over them.

We had a very similar experience when LO was 10-12 days old - our almost-7-year-old pug (on the right in my avatar), who had no history of any medical issues and had been running around and playing in the days before, suddenly collapsed while eating dinner.  The emergency vet found a tumor on his heart that was bleeding.  It was inoperable because of its location, and his prognosis was 3 months maximum even with chemo.  Saying goodbye was the hardest thing I've ever had to do, and the weeks that followed were some of the most emotionally difficult ones of my life.  It's been almost 8 months, and even though I miss him every day, I try to focus on the 3+ years we had with him (we adopted him when he was almost 4) and the fact that he got to meet LO - I think he knew she was coming and hung on until she arrived.

Sending tons of T&Ps from my family (human and canine) to yours.  May your pup have a safe and peaceful journey to the Rainbow Bridge.

• Options
    @BlueJewelM‌ I'm so sorry for your family and your sweet pup.
  • Options
    Thank you everyone. Your kind words mean a lot. We just got back and he is in doggy heaven now. My toddler keeps asking when "Riri" is coming back and we Start crying again.

Now I'm so sorry for ruining FFFC! Someone confess to loving CIO or feeding their kid French fries or something.
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• Options
    BlueJewelM said:
    Thank you everyone. Your kind words mean a lot. We just got back and he is in doggy heaven now. My toddler keeps asking when "Riri" is coming back and we Start crying again. Now I'm so sorry for ruining FFFC! Someone confess to loving CIO or feeding their kid French fries or something.
    I'm so sorry for your loss. It's been 2.5 months since we had to put Snoopy down and it still sucks. I'm so sorry
    Photobucket
  • Options

Thanks. They pumped him with lots of pain meds and he is resting on our couch. His eyes are all glassy. I was home with both boys so I couldn't go with, but he knew I wanted to say goodbye to little dog before euthanizing. :(

And now we are just waiting for our appt time to say goodbye forever. When we all woke up this am it was such a happy day. Everything changed this afternoon. Guess that's how life is. :(

They told us we could do surgery, but there's a 30% chance he would die shortly after. And if the surgery is successful, best case scenario is 6 months. The medical term is "vascular tumors viscera" I guess. :(.

My Rudy.

I am tearing up...my heart goes out to you and your furbaby. I am oddly more sensitive to animal suffering then humans...they are so loyal. I send you all lots of hugs...Rudy will always be around in your heart :) and I am sure he will have alot of funny in doggy heaven with all those sexy bitches ;)
  • Options
    @BlueJewelM I'm so, so sorry you had to go through this today. It's one of the most painful things imaginable to lose your sweet furbaby. Lots of hugs to you and your family...

• Options
    @BlueJewelM‌ I am so sorry for your loss. My heart hurts for you...nothing can prepare you for such a sudden turn in a fur baby's health.
    We had to put Loki down a month before lo came and it was devastating. I also had feelings of wishing it was our old grumpy cat instead of my young cuddly goof ball. Don't beat yourself up over that.
    Rudy knows you loves him, I know you gave him an amazing life. Someday the tears won't be as painful & you'll be talking about all the good memories you have of him. ((Huge hugs)))
  • Options
    Thanks. They pumped him with lots of pain meds and he is resting on our couch. His eyes are all glassy. I was home with both boys so I couldn't go with, but he knew I wanted to say goodbye to little dog before euthanizing. :( And now we are just waiting for our appt time to say goodbye forever. When we all woke up this am it was such a happy day. Everything changed this afternoon. Guess that's how life is. :( They told us we could do surgery, but there's a 30% chance he would die shortly after. And if the surgery is successful, best case scenario is 6 months. The medical term is "vascular tumors viscera" I guess. :(. My Rudy.
    Oh hon.. I'm so sorry. That's terrible. I'm sorry for your poor pup. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"