Options

FFFC

13»

Re: FFFC

• Options
    hfooterhfooter member
    edited March 2014
    rt4life said:

@kitchencolors‌ that would make me rage. Bad. People don't realize it's offensive. Which is really sad.

@IBackBevo‌ I've never had a premature baby but I can only imagine the extra stress that comes with it. In the hospital where I'm delivering, if your baby is born more than a few days before your due date that's an automatic trip to the nicu.

I can understand wanting your body back and wanting to sleep. But I'll never want my body back bad enough and want to sleep to where I would "wish" my baby would come early. Shit I'm planing on breast feeding so my body still won't technically be mine and sleep with a newborn is hard to come by anyway.

Ummmm where did you gather this information?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    pandadairpandadair member
    edited March 2014
    hfooter said:
    @kitchencolors‌ that would make me rage. Bad. People don't realize it's offensive. Which is really sad. @IBackBevo‌ I've never had a premature baby but I can only imagine the extra stress that comes with it. In the hospital where I'm delivering, if your baby is born more than a few days before your due date that's an automatic trip to the nicu. I can understand wanting your body back and wanting to sleep. But I'll never want my body back bad enough and want to sleep to where I would "wish" my baby would come early. Shit I'm planing on breast feeding so my body still won't technically be mine and sleep with a newborn is hard to come by anyway.
    Ummmm where did you gather this information?
    Probably from the hospital where she's delivering? If I can make inferences based on the first half of the bolded sentence. Does sound like a rather odd policy, though.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My daughter was born at exactly 38 weeks and nearly ended up in the NICU. She initially had trouble breathing and then within 3 days developed jaundice (which she was at higher risk for due to being a couple weeks early and small). Had I not been a pediatric nurse, her pedi would have had her re-admitted the day after we got home to treat the jaundice. She trusted that I know the signs of dehydration well enough to go in if needed and let us do phototherapy lights at home.

I definitely don't wish for a 38 weeker again. The whole situation was incredibly stressful to me and probably the reason we failed at breastfeeding (jaundice babies are extremely sleepy - she wouldn't even latch so we had to supplement to avoid dehydration and essentially force feed her every two hours around the clock). I was a hormonal mess and had a ton of guilt over needing to be induced early.

I know plenty of babies are born at 38 weeks or earlier and do fine, but there's a reason term was recently redefined. I'm hoping for a nice fat, 40 week baby this time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Nora - 10.26.12

Henry - 5.9.14

• Options
    @Kelseyandrobert- I've been to that Spanish camp. We brought a group of kids there when I was student teaching. It was a blast, but the Caribbean would have been better for sure. That sucks that that happened. 
  • Options

kat8805 said:

I'm jealous of my younger siblings. They've been out of the country multiple times. I've never even had a passport. I told my mom I was fine with anywhere they go in the world, but if they ever go to Australia without me, I wouldn't talk to any of them ever again.

Also, to add insult to injury, their WiFi password is about one of their trips out of the country. Thanks assholes!

When I was in grade school my parents sent me to a two week spanish camp in northern Minnesota...a super fun time with tons of mosquitos and real mean girls. Halfway through, I got a postcard from the Caribbean--my parents went with my brother on a whim. 

I've gotten to travel since with them, but yeah, still a lil' bitter. :) 

How nice of them!

Oh right, qnd the "family" holiday card for the last couple years has been a picture ofal of them, in front of the Swiss Alps(I think, wouldn't know, never been!?). I forgot about that one until this morning. Assholes...
    imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"