July 2014 Moms
Options

Random thread- for all things random.

Re: Random thread- for all things random.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    AW/SS! The swelling in my feet has gone down enough to where I felt ok with going to get a pedicure. The young man, from China told me he was surprised that I was out of the home at 10 days post partum. He said in his culture women stay home for 30 days to rest and be cared for. He said the belief is that if you do not take that time to rest, you will age faster and have more pain as you get older. I like the idea and explained how getting a pedi was a part of post partum pampering. And because I am feeling uncharacteristically attention whorish, I got an over the top pedi in honor of our Country and this special time!  Happy July and enjoy your 4th!
    Word. I like the idea too...but I would go crazy confined to my house for a month. I'll take all the rest and pampering though! (ha!)

image image
  • Options
    My cat is trying to sleep in the bassinet we set up in the bedroom for baby. He is going to be more jealous than DD when baby arrives.
    We put some aluminum foil in ours so the cat wouldn't jump in, so now he sleeps in the attached shelf below the bassinet. 

• Options
    Lizzy42 said:

Overdue pregnant lady bitch - I appreciate that strangers are asking me about the baby, etc., but when I tell them I'm a few days past my due date, I am pretty frustrated by "I had my baby 2 weeks early". Thanks for your help, I guess?
    H thought I was being too sensitive about it.

You are 40w+... You have every right to be sensitive. ;)
  • Options
    Thr

My cat is trying to sleep in the bassinet we set up in the bedroom for baby. He is going to be more jealous than DD when baby arrives.

We put some aluminum foil in ours so the cat wouldn't jump in, so now he sleeps in the attached shelf below the bassinet. 

That didn't work last time and it isn't working this time, haha. This crafty little kitty. I might need to bust out the double sided tape!
    Formerly knittylady
    DH:34 - Me: 33
    Emmaline Winifred - 1.25.2013
    Wesley Daniel - 7.24.2014
    #3 EDD - 6.24.2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Thr

That didn't work last time and it isn't working this time, haha. This crafty little kitty. I might need to bust out the double sided tape!

Oh dang! We tried putting a sheet over to discourage the cat but that seemed to have made him more curious. Hope you find something that works!

• Options
    2 nights of BH contractions. No sleep and no baby.... All I want is to know when when this Lil dude is coming out.... or to get some good quality sleep but laying down brings on the contractions. The plus side is today is my last day of work so I can just veg after 5 and hopefully have a day to sleep before Lil one shows up
  • Options

Thr

Have you tried Saran Wrap?
  • Options

My cats curl up comfortably on the aluminum foil.
  • Options
    rach1285 said:

Thr

Have you tried Saran Wrap?

One of my cats loves to eat plastic so saran wrap is a no go. They both left the baby stuff alone once the baby started using it so hopefully that will be the case this time too!
    Formerly knittylady
    DH:34 - Me: 33
    Emmaline Winifred - 1.25.2013
    Wesley Daniel - 7.24.2014
    #3 EDD - 6.24.2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    symphony4586 You live in MI? I'm from GR!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @alwaysnc4me‌ I was so happy to see you post Amelia's announcement & a picture! She is so cute!
  • Options
    AcsimAcsim member
    Happy Fricken 4th to me. My feet look like hams. Doc sent us to L&D since all that swelling occurred in just a few hours and they've been watching me for pre-e. I have allllll the symptoms but always normal labs. So, we go. Resident is super concerned, labs are normal, we got sent home again. I know I have my RCS scheduled for Monday morning, but holy crap. I'm so done.

Oh, and the miserable heifer nurse tried to draw blood from a vein on the back of my index finger, right by the knuckle. I have crappy veins, but seriously?!? She didn't get it and I cried the whole time. The nurse who got my blood poked me in a nice normal vein. I can't tell you how many times I called the first nurse the "c" word in my mind.
  • Options
    Ekg688Ekg688 member
    I'm so over the random bouts of RAGING diarrhea. After last nights episode my ass was dripping with sweat. DH says I'm pooping just as frequently as I pee.
  • Options
    The past two days I have been really crampy. Today I noticed some light blood but I only have back pain. No real cramps. I lost some of my MP last weekend. Waiting it out to see. I don't want to get too excited. I am 37.5 weeks but Dr thinks I might go early. Should I call about the blood or just wait? Not sure its time yet but its close.
  • Options
    amlonica said:
    Its my birthday. I delivered Wednesday via c section after a failed induction due to severe pre-e a beautiful skinny 36 week boy. Today they finally decided he really is doing terrible at regulating his own sugar and he needs an IV and transported him to the NICU for at least 24 hours. My blood pressure is still worryingly high. STOP telling me I have baby blues. This isnt just stupid hormones any normal regular person would be upset. Its my birthday for Christs sake. Dont belittle me by calling it baby blues. I had to vent somewhere, everyone else is acting like Im just hormonal. (Except DH) maybe I am, but they took my baby away on my birthday. Cut me some slack. I miss Logan. :-(
    You and I need our own support group. :) I get it, though. I walked into the NICU today and started crying. And my BP is still high, they keep telling me they aren't worried anymore because it takes time for it to get out of your system and it will go back to normal. I have to go home tomorrow and leave him here, so that really blows. And I feel guilty that I can't stay in there and sit with him all day long. 

It's not the baby blues, but the hormones don't help. If you start feeling even worse, talk to your doc about PPD meds. Not kidding, I think they helped quite a bit, I started today. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    MSUDucks said:
    Big hugs @amlonica‌ !!! That really sucks that he had to go to the other hospital. You are right, anyone would be sad! Silver lining is that he's being taken care of well. I hope that the rest of your birthday gets better. Or, just have a do-over birthday next month.
    You definitely need a do-over birthday. Do it in a few weeks, right after the baby starts smiling. :) It will be magical.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    amlonica said:
    Its my birthday. I delivered Wednesday via c section after a failed induction due to severe pre-e a beautiful skinny 36 week boy. Today they finally decided he really is doing terrible at regulating his own sugar and he needs an IV and transported him to the NICU for at least 24 hours. My blood pressure is still worryingly high. STOP telling me I have baby blues. This isnt just stupid hormones any normal regular person would be upset. Its my birthday for Christs sake. Dont belittle me by calling it baby blues. I had to vent somewhere, everyone else is acting like Im just hormonal. (Except DH) maybe I am, but they took my baby away on my birthday. Cut me some slack. I miss Logan. :-(

Big smooshy internet hugs.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Glad you are feeling better @amlonica! Sometimes putting things in perspective is all we need...and cake. Cake always helps :) Happy Birthday! 

image image
  • Options
    beff12beff12 member

MonkeyJD said:

@alwaysnc4me‌ I was so happy to see you post Amelia's announcement & a picture! She is so cute!

Awww, thanks girl!!!! My mom is here helping us out until Monday & the IL's arrive in about 30 mins so tjings have been hectic ever since my water broke :-). I'm hoping to be back bumpin' once his parents leave.

Oh, and keep fingers crossed please ladies. Hubs has an interview on Fri in SC not to far from either set of our families in NC, getting back south is our dream, especially with Amelia here now!n

Oooh I hope you can make it back down here! Best of luck to your DH!

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• Options
    2lacyblue said:
    Boooooooo! My car broke down tonight :(( . 2 weeks till my due date and I'm afraid it's the transmission. DH drives a single cab pickup so that's definitely not ideal if this baby comes early. Sigh. I guess on the bright side I might be able to shop for something new.....? I've loved my little car, but something bigger and a newer would be nice! I HATE dealing with car trouble, don't trust mechanics, and feel like once they start getting goofy the problems just keep coming. OK, vent over.
    That blows. Hope it's something easy to fix.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Noticed my lower legs and feet swelling more often, happened last night and still there most of the day today and this morning when i woke up my lips and cheeks seemed swollen a bit too but that went away. Anyone else have this?
  • Options
    @kenziebug22‌ sudden swelling could be a sign of pre-e. I'd call the OB if it doesn't go away!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @missquela‌ it went away for quite a few hours today but now its back a tiny bit, but i was outside walking around and its like 97 here, dont know if that could be the reason? Its definitely worse after im outside, keeping an eye on it for sure..
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"