March 2014 Moms
Options

The Randomest Thread

Re: The Randomest Thread

• Options
    @AriaAmante143‌ I was like that with James. I was terrified at night of SIDS, or kidnapping. (I bought a door buzzer for ds's bedroom window and door. Anyone opened them and it was like a shop in my bedroom!) I would wait till DH went to sleep and every hour would be up checking him. I ended up with ppd and Zoloft. This time no signs of ppd and I don't have the same anxiety. (Just insecurities about 2 V. 1)

Did anything besides the meds help calm your fears? Did it just take time?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    Laura8388 said:

Has anyone tasted their breast milk? I want to. I try to. I bring my finger to my mouth... And get grossed out that I'm about to taste my own bodily fluids.
    One day I will...
    Is that gross?

I did it was sweet! I have tasted everything that I gave my kids when they were younger.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm struggling with putting DD down at night. DH can convince me to do it but it's usually always preceded by tears and panic from me. I'm terrified of something happening to her at night. I know that we are doing "all the right things" to minimize risk of SIDS but it consumes my thoughts every.single.night.

Have you thought about getting a Snuza?? I feel like this will bring an inordinate amount of comfort for us.... granted I don't have an outside baby yet, but it surely can't hurt!

BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    1. I'm THAT paranoid mom at night too!! Like horribly!!! We bought Snuzas and I'm on Zoloft.
    2. Totally went to Walmart by myself with the twins ...I feel accomplished!
    3. Came home to a gift on our door...card only has my name on the envelope and is signed "best of luck" with no name! I have no idea who it's from!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Check out my blog: http://blondheimtwins.blogspot.com/

• Options
    Tmi alert. We did it!! Yes "it" like sex lol I better have a very happy hubby for the next week or so at least!
  • Options
    LW78 said:
    The only reason I miss pregnancy is because it is the last time I will ever have a firm stomach.
    I tell my husband to enjoy these rock hard pregnancy abs while he can probably once a week.
  • Options
    Also, the outside abdominal bruising is officially inside bruising as well. They can't be sure whether baby cracked my rib, but she definitely did a number on it.  I feel like this is my punishment for continuing to bend when I shouldn't have - like she tried warning me nicely with gentler, distributed kicks, but then had to lay down the law and crack some bones to get me to comply. 

Also, yes - that's me projecting mafioso-personality leanings on my unborn child.

Also, I'm going crazy.
  • Options
    On the same note @FarmBoysWife‌ @AriaAmante143‌
    My child waits until bedtime to start her funky weird squeaky breathing.

Freaks me the heck out and takes me a while to get to sleep. So i totally get it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

A family at the pedi's office last week had twin girls named Layla and Lyla. WTH.

Could be a cultural thing.

• Options

A family at the pedi's office last week had twin girls named Layla and Lyla. WTH.

This girl i graduated high school with her name is ashley and she is naming her daughter ashlan.

Its to close for me!
    It would be like naming DD Amelia when my name is amy. Haha

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm struggling with putting DD down at night. DH can convince me to do it but it's usually always preceded by tears and panic from me. I'm terrified of something happening to her at night. I know that we are doing "all the right things" to minimize risk of SIDS but it consumes my thoughts every.single.night.
    Have you thought about getting a Snuza?? I feel like this will bring an inordinate amount of comfort for us.... granted I don't have an outside baby yet, but it surely can't hurt!

I brought it up to DH, but he feels the false alarms will just send me into a tailspin

• Options
    I miss roll call

LO just chugged hardcore on my boobie for 5 minutes (he averages 8-12 minutes usually) then as soon as I sat him up to burp he spit up probably about a 1/2 ounce. Does that mean he's full? Or should I offer him again?
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    @snow527 Some of mine are super painful, or make me feel like vomiting. Baby has bruised my rib (they speculate) with incessant kicking in the same spot. My doc said it’s all within the realm of normal based on my physiology. Has your baby dropped yet?  That helped me a little bit.
  • Options

I am either waking up to contractions or I have to poop.
    Tmi I tried option 2 about 30 min ago and couldn't go but usually when I start to feel anything that could turn Into something I go and then it's done.
    Either way I'm extremely uncomfortable right now and I want to sleep

Edit/update;
    Well I haven't experienced this fun yet so I'm going to go with these are REAL REAL contractions I don't have to poop.
    Officially timing this and eating a s'mores pop tart.
    The tv on at 4:30 am is crap!

Good luck!!

imageimage

• Options
    WTH is with this horrible burning groin pain in my ligaments whenever I try to move my legs, and why did it decide to make a sudden appearance last night when I went to roll over when it had not previously bothered me?

So far I have found I can walk and sit cross-legged and not much else. ......anyone?
  • Options

I am either waking up to contractions or I have to poop.
    Tmi I tried option 2 about 30 min ago and couldn't go but usually when I start to feel anything that could turn Into something I go and then it's done.
    Either way I'm extremely uncomfortable right now and I want to sleep

Edit/update;
    Well I haven't experienced this fun yet so I'm going to go with these are REAL REAL contractions I don't have to poop.
    Officially timing this and eating a s'mores pop tart.
    The tv on at 4:30 am is crap!

Fingers crossed its real! Good luck :)
  • Options
    @WisconsinCheese12

Good luck! Keep us updated!!
  • Options

@ProudMommy030614
    Hey I might actually win.

I will gladly take second place :)
  • Options
    @WisconsinCheese12 Good luck!!

I generally felt pretty good during pregnancy, but being overdue has put an all new level of hurt on my back and my stomach anytime this LO moves.  

My induction isn't set until March 20th because my hospital lets you go ten days over.  Holly crap, how am I going to get through another week of an inside baby.  This kid is going to be 11 lbs by the time it gets out!
    image image
  • Options
    Ok the new esurance (sp?) commercial is so cute. The old lady with the pics taped to her living room wall made me lol :)
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    snow527 said:

I hope you're still timing something @wisconsincheese12 !

This! Good luck @WisconsinCheese12‌ I hope this is it
  • Options
  • Options
    Ooohh, hope this is the real deal @WisconsinCheese12‌!!! And, mmmmmm, poptarts!

BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Good luck @WisconsinCheese12‌!
    Hope this is it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @bandteacher‌, I'm sorry to hear one of your little guys is giving you a hard time. Just remember that sometimes you have to do whatever you need to do to make it through. I second FBW's suggestion of Happiest Baby on the Block tactics as something to try. DS1 was not a sleeper and he spent many nights either in someone's arms, swaddled and buckled in a bouncer, or in a swing. I hope you guys are able to find a way to make it through and get some sleep!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
  • Options
    One of our twins is inconsolable after feeding/diapers during the night. DH and I are about to lose our shit due to lack of sleep. It's 4:20 and so far I've gotten an hour. He's lying in his crib, whimpering for a few minutes, then stopping for a few while I pump. I don't know what to do.
    @bandteacher Are they getting close to the 3 week mark? That is usually when a growth spurt hits and it was terrible with DS.  All he wanted to do was be awake and eat.  Constantly.  After a few days, he was back to normal but DH and I were about to lose it, despite taking turns and getting an hour of sleep at a time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @Jennibeanjld‌, @kirotea‌, thanks! Nice to know I'm not alone. I think it might be because he's finally starting to engage in my pelvis. Both my coworkers this AM think I've dropped and I feel a lot more pressure lower than I used to.....I'm just going to tell myself that's what it is because it makes me feel better!

@bandteacher‌ I wish I had advice but all I have is hugs! GL!
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"