Pittsburgh Babies
Options

Moms to be

Any moms to be? I'm due with my first in July. I recently moved back to the area after several years living just outside of DC. My husband and I are purchasing a home in the northern part of the city. Would love to connect with other expectant moms :)
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Moms to be

• Options
    My husband and I are expecting our first in September.  Welcome back to Pittsburgh & congrats on your pregnancy!  
  • Options
    My husband and I are expecting our first in June. Just found out it's a boy! It would be nice to have someone to talk with going through this also. Congratulations to you both!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats on your baby boy as well!  We are anxious to find out what we are having, but have a while to go.  
  • Options
    DH and I are expecting our first in August! Welcome back to Pittsburgh and congrats on your pregnancy!
    TTC Since January 2012 Me:37 DH:34      DX July 2013: Unexplained Infertility      New DX Dec 2013: DOR
    BFP#1 6/4/12 EDD 2/13/13 M/C 6/6/12  BFP#2 2/21/13 EDD 11/3/13 M/C 2/26/13 BFP#3 C/P
    4 rounds of clomid, 2 with IUI = BFN
    November/December Retesting/Natural Cycle = Surprise BFP @ 11dpo! Beta#1 76.6@13dpo Beta #2 276@15dpo u/s#1 6w2d hb113 u/s#2 8w2d, measuring 8w4d hb168! 10w2d hb171 12w3d Verifi results are in and good! EDD 8/23 Our Baby Girl Rainbow Baby born 8/20/2014!!!
    Um...what? BFP 11/2/15!?! EDD 7/4/16
  • Options

Hubby and I are expecting our first, a baby girl the end of April.  We also live ont he north side of the city. Congratulations to you and welcome back!

• Options
    Happy to see some other first time expectant moms! How are you all feeling? I was so lucky with not much morning sickess but I've been suffering from severe lower back pain.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I was lucky also not much morning sickness. I do get headaches and some back pain usually at night. It's hard not much you can do. I hope it's this good here on out. Is everyone finding out the gender? I had too. It was to hard to buy neutral. Either way there is a lot to think about.
  • Options
    I only got morning sickness a couple of times, but I have had a few headaches. My other symptoms were my boobs, which grew and have been sore.
    TTC Since January 2012 Me:37 DH:34      DX July 2013: Unexplained Infertility      New DX Dec 2013: DOR
    BFP#1 6/4/12 EDD 2/13/13 M/C 6/6/12  BFP#2 2/21/13 EDD 11/3/13 M/C 2/26/13 BFP#3 C/P
    4 rounds of clomid, 2 with IUI = BFN
    November/December Retesting/Natural Cycle = Surprise BFP @ 11dpo! Beta#1 76.6@13dpo Beta #2 276@15dpo u/s#1 6w2d hb113 u/s#2 8w2d, measuring 8w4d hb168! 10w2d hb171 12w3d Verifi results are in and good! EDD 8/23 Our Baby Girl Rainbow Baby born 8/20/2014!!!
    Um...what? BFP 11/2/15!?! EDD 7/4/16
  • Options
    That's great not much morning sickness! We will be finding out the sex, probably in about a month. I'm wondering if I'm weird that I truly don't have a preference what it is! I'm excited to find out so I can stop calling it "it" but I really don't care either way. I know most people are leaning towards one or the other.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I honestly didn't lean either way. I just want the baby to be healthy. Now we have the tough decision on a name. We have a list but it's hard to commit. Hope the time goes fast for you.
  • Options
    Hello! My husband and I are expecting our little one at the end of June. Not finding out the gender :) We are east of the city though :( I'd love to have a new moms group of some sort as this is our first baby and having others in the same boat would be nice. 
    November D16  Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Fails

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Casey - we have a list too but I don't think that we will actually decide until the baby is born. I'm too indecisive! Jenny - that's excited that you will have that added surprise once baby is born :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had some morning sickness weeks 4 & 5 but then it cleared up at week 6.  Since then I haven't had any symptoms that are too bad other than some gas/burping when I wake up each morning.  We plan to find out the gender.  I agree that it seems hard to find gender neutral clothing at times and I would like to refer to the baby as he or she instead of it.  Waiting though would also be a fun surprise!  I'm happy to talk to other first time moms out there from around the Pittsburgh area!  I also agree that it is nice to have others to share with that are going through the same things!  
  • Options
    jennyd321 said:

Hello! My husband and I are expecting our little one at the end of June. Not finding out the gender :) We are east of the city though :( I'd love to have a new moms group of some sort as this is our first baby and having others in the same boat would be nice. 

I'm East of the city too and due in July.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome back! I'm due at the beginning of July! My anatomy scan is this Sat. I'm so excited to find out what we're having!!! It totally doesn't matter to me either but it'll be nice to know how to refer to him/her from now on!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Lots of us with summer babies!! That's so exciting about your anatomy scan Violet! Mine is scheduled for the beginning of March. Where are you all delivering at? I just switched to the midwives at Magee.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Its nice having so many first times moms on here. My Dr delivers out of Magee so that's where I have to go. We set up a tour in April. My husband and I are hoping our little guy does not want to come in rush hour or that could be a problem for us.
  • Options
    Are any of you ladies planning on taking any type of child birth classes?  I've contemplated the idea but not sure what kind I would want to go to.

I'm planning to deliver at West Penn right now because that's where my doctors go.  I want to do the hospital tour though and make sure I am going to feel comfortable there.  I do like my doctors a lot so far.  

Britt - Do you like the Midwives at Magee?  I thought about looking into them at one point but haven't yet.
  • Options
    Hi Ladies!  I'm a first time mom with a summer baby too - beginning of August.  We live north of the city, near Cranberry.  My doctors only delivery at Heritage Valley Sewickley, so that's where we'll be going.  We will find out the sex of the baby mid-March.  I'm afraid my shopping restraint won't last after that! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Casey, where do you live? I've only gone out to Magee once so far for a 10am appointment and traffic sucked! I'm hoping it was just because of snow.

Kristin - I just had my first appt and it was with the nurse practioner. They have a "meet the midwives" every few weeks I think so you can get to know them better so I'm going to check that out. I would also like to take some classes but I'm not sure what. Probably Lamaze and I've been wanting to do prenatal yoga. Not sure what else. What are you thinking of doing?

Cprice, I feel the same way! I want to find out so I can start shopping :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    caseybethkcaseybethk member
    edited February 2014
    I live out past the airport. So we hit traffic in Robinson and Green Tree.

My husband and I are taking a baby care class since this is our first. Also Animal friends has a free baby ready pets class. I heard it was helpful. I'll probably do lamaze as well. If you have upmc they told be that was covered and you fill out a form which I'm guessing for reimbursement.they will email it to you if you call. Whatever I can do to prepare.

It is nice to start shopping. Especially with sales going on. Although my husband says not to buy too much haha. It's so hard.
  • Options
    You'll have to let me know how the baby ready pets class is! I have two big dogs And I'm really curious how they will do. I'm not worried about them being rough or hurting baby, but I do think my girl dog is going to be really jealous. She's used to being the center of attention.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Britt - The "Meet the Midwives" sounds like a good idea.  Maybe I will have to look into that.  Do you know if the Midwives have offices any where other than at Magee?  I don't like the idea of battling city traffic for every visit.  Maybe it wouldn't be too bad depending on time.  I live in Crafton so it's close to the city but can still be a mess to get to places.  I was thinking of trying a Lamaze class as well.  I heard breathing techniques can really help manage labor pains.  What kind of dogs do you have?  We have two big dogs as well - a Bernese Mountain Dog mix and a Border Collie/Springer Spaniel mix.  They are well behaved, but I agree the baby ready pets class still sounds interesting!

Casey - The baby care class sounds like a good idea.  I've been reading a lot of stuff (maybe too much at times), but it's hard to take it all in!  The baby ready pets class also sounds neat.  What kind of pets do you have?  I'm not as far along as you ladies, but also agree it's nice to start shopping.  My husband and I found a travel system set - stroller and infant car seat/carrier on clearance at Target for $56 and it was originally $190.  We couldn't believe it.  So that has been our first purchase really.  I'm anxious to get baby clothes though and start on the nursery.  It would be helpful to know the gender first though of course! 

• Options
    Wow that's a great deal on the infant carrier. You definitely have to pick up the deals when you find them. I have no idea how to decorate the nursery. Im a little indecisive.

I have a bigger size Chihuahua. It's been just her so long. She did alright with our friends baby but thought he was playing with her. Someone had recommended this class. They took it. I have that in two weeks. I believe they offer it once a month.

There is so much information out there. I am finding some if it repeats itself. It's a lot to take in.
  • Options
    Kristin, the midwives did say they have another office. I want to say it was in Greentree but I'm not sure on that. They are opening one in Wexford but that wouldn't be close for you.

All of your dogs sound so cute!! My husband and I have always loved Bernese mountain dogs and are thinking of getting a bernedoodle for our next dog. That's way down the road though. We have a black lab mix and a boxer/English pointer mix. Big dogs who think they are lap dogs.. So spoiled!

I haven't bought anything yet! I'm in a Facebook group with other moms expecting in July and some of them have already finished their nurseries! I'm like what the heck. We just bought a house and have the closing next Friday so I'm kind of waiting for that and to find out the sex.

Casey, I'm the same way about indecisiveness. I have no clue what to do for the nursery. I also know that I won't be able to decide on a name until the baby is actually here.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Hello,

I just found this board and look forward to getting to know some local moms. I'm pregnant with my first- due in July.  I live with my husband and a cat in the eastern part of Pgh. My first trimester was pretty easy, so I felt really fortunate. 

While I've been trying to think of some names I probably won't be able to decide until I meet the little one. I have a hard enough time deciding what to order for dinner!

I haven't had a chance to read through recent posts, so sorry if this has already been addressed, but I'm trying to decide about where to deliver. I'm thinking of delivering at Magee with Western PA Womens Healthcare Associates or maybe the midwives. Have you ladies been hearing mostly good stories about delivering there? Two of my friends had good experiences there.

• Options
    BrittalyseBrittalyse member
    edited February 2014
    Hi gafan! Congrats on your baby! I'm due July 20th, how about you? I just switched to the midwives at Magee. I've only had one appointment there so far and it was with their nurse practioner but everyone seemed very nice. They also have a "Meet the midwives" night a couple times a month I think where you can go and get to know all of the midwives and see a birth suite.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a second time mom delivering in April (or maybe March!) with East Suburban OBGYN at Forbes.   I was seeing the midwives at Magee but switched insurance. 

Mom of 2 little gentlemen and one more on the way

image         image

• Options
    Casey - Yes, you do have to get the deals when you see them!  I understand about being indecisive.  I usually have so many ideas and then don't know which to go with.  I love decorating/designing though.  I went to school for graphic design but I think I should have gone for interior design because I really enjoy it the most.  If you need anyone to bounce ideas off of for the nursery, just let me know!  (Same to you Britt)  Chihuahuas are so cute!  How long have you had her?  Thanks for the all the info on the baby/pet class.

Britt - Thanks for the info on the midwife offices.  Greentree would definitely be close to me.  Even if they opened one up in Wexford it wouldn't be terrible.  I actually am going up to Cranberry right now for appointments with my OBGYN.  It was either there or Canonsburg and both are about 25 mins or so from my house.

Your dogs sound cute as well!  Ours are also so spoiled!  I've always loved Bernese Mountain dogs so I knew I had to have one when we decided to get a dog.  How long have you had your dogs?  We've had our Berner mix for about 6 years now and our Border Collie mix for 5. 

Good luck with your house closing & the move!  I know how much work that all can be.  We bought our current house a little over a year ago and it took us a while to get all settled in.

Hi to all the other ladies who have posted recently & congrats on your pregnancies!
  • Options
    Welcome back to Pittsburgh! Hubby and I will be first time parents in October. We're in the North Hills with two pups.

Casey- Thanks for the post about the baby ready pet classes.

Congratulations everyone!!
    BFP #3: 9/1/2015, EDD: 5/10/2016
    BFP #2: 10/8/14, EDD: 6/22/15, MC: 11/13/14 (D&C)
    BFP #1: 2/4/2014, EDD: 10/9/2014, MMC: 3/4/2014 (D&C)
    Married my Best Friend: 10/10/2009
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Anniversary

Visit The Nest

• Options
    Hi Mrs Sweet Tea & Congrats to you and your hubby!  When are you due in October?  What kind of pups do you have?
  • Options
    Im glad others have pets also. I think it is so funny when big dogs think they are lap dogs. They all sound so cute.

Kristin- thank you for the offer. We want to keep the nursery simple. Either a nice sports theme or something based on this rabbit picture I found. We just started taking wall paper down in the room. It was there when we bought our house. It's a pain haha.

I had to go this morning and have my glucose tested. I drank this bottle of what tasted like a non caffeinated orange drink. Very sweet. Than I sat there for an hour until they could draw blood. It wasn't too bad. If everything is good I won't have to do the three hour test.

Good luck on your house closing. It's a lot at
    Once but it will all come together.

Congrats to the new moms too. Glad to see others joining in.
  • Options
    Casey - Both ideas for the nursery sound cute!  We had to take down wall paper too at our first house.  Not easy at all.  We found that a spray bottle with fabric softener in it helped a lot.  Hope your glucose results come back good!  Glad to hear it wasn't too bad.  

Have any of you ladies had to buy many maternity clothes yet?  So far I'm fitting into all my normal clothes and am hoping to stay that way for a while since I'm only at 10 and 1/2 weeks.  I would hate to spend too much on maternity clothes since you only need them for a brief amount of time.  Does anyone know if those BeBands or Bella Bands work well later into your pregnancy?
  • Options
    Welcome back to Pittsburgh!!! If you are in need of a photographer to capture your birth story and newborn photos please look me up :)!! www.the-vbp.com Momma of 3 - 3 yo, 2-1yo twins
  • Options
    Hello Mrs. Sweet tea! We sure do seem to be a bunch of dog lovers :) My pups are 5 and 6. Just love them (except the shedding!)

Kristin, I may totally take you up on nursery ideas! I bought this group recently for a website that sells hundreds of wall decals (trees, elephants, birds,etc). There's some cute ones on there so I think I'll pick that out first then plan the rest of the nursery around that.

I started wearing maternity a little after ten weeks just bc I was so bloated and couldn't stand the thought of jeans! I haven't bought much but have found some good deals at kohls. I have a bellaband too that works pretty well, I just notice that I have to pull my jeans up sometimes while wearing it even though it's tight. It's not bad though.

Thanks Casey! I'm excited to move and start nesting :) good luck with your glucose results!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have been wearing maternity clothes since after Christmas. I bought a few from Kohls and Old Navy when they had sales. I'm trying not to buy too many. They are comfortable though.

I did by a belly band. It's a good between. I still use it occasionally. I do like it but I too need to pull up my jeans while wearing it. Sometimes it doesn't feel as tight.
  • Options
    Britt - That sounds like a good way to get started on the nursery!

Thanks for the info on the maternity clothes, Britt & Casey.  I have always liked shopping at Old Navy and I saw the Cranberry Twp Old Navy has a Maternity section in the store.  Do any of the local Kohls have Maternity sections in the store or do you have to get clothes online through them?
  • Options
    Kristen- I went to Cranberry Old Navy for mine only because I prefer trying on the pants. They have a small section. I wish it was bigger. It was in the back near the kids clothes.

Kohls does have some maternity clothes in the stores. Again it's a small selection but look through the tracks the one I saw had various shirts on a rack. I think Kohls has their coupons coming up soon too for charges if you get a 30% it helps.
  • Options
    Hi girls! It's nice to see such good, positive conversation here! I am due mid august with my first and will deliver at Magee. I live about 45 min south of Pittsburgh. I haven't even begun to think about nursery ideas, but I'm sure that will change once we find out the gender in a few weeks. As far as maternity clothes...I've been living in leggings and big sweaters, but I'm noticing that my leggings are beginning to roll because of my tummy. I bought my first pair of maternity jeans at Target the other day but I haven't even tried them on yet. I'm kind of in that in-between stage where my belly is bigger and bloated but not quite the cute, definitive pregnancy bump we're all probably anxiously waiting for. I look forward to hearing all of your future experiences and advice!
  • Options
    Starrylyn, congrats on your baby! My birthday is in August and I'm hoping my baby holds out so I can have a Leo :) I was in that awkward stage forever but finally over the past week I've really popped so that it's finally becoming obvious to strangers! It's very cool :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"