Polydactly — The Bump

Welcome to The Bump Private Groups! This is a place for you to start private, invite-only discussions with your new (or old!) community friends. Click the "Create New Group" button to get started and invite other community members.

Please note: The Bump will not moderate Private Groups. To learn more about Private Groups, please read our Private Group Rules.

Polydactly

My baby was born with "extra digits" attached to both of her pinky fingers. They are not fully formed, they just look like little skin tags. They have no bone in them. We have already talked to an orthopedic surgeon and she thinks its best to wait until she's 6 months old to have them removed since they have to put her under anesthesia. They doesnt bother me so I'm fine with that. But now when were doing tummy time she's moving her hands around a lot trying to lift herself up and the extra digits get very red, it seems like its twisting them or something. I'm just really scared she might rip one. I guess what I'm trying to ask is if anyone has been through this, did it have any affect on them while learning to use their hands, tummy time, anything like that? 
Join this group to view its content.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards