2nd Trimester
Options

Size of an english hothouse cucumber!? Are they serious?

Really? Anyone ever heard of one of those? Who comes up with these crazy fruits and veggies to compare with the size of the baby? Anyone else use babycenter.com to see the progress? I send my family updates and include a picture of what the baby's size is compared to a quarter. sometimes I just dont get where they come up with the comparisons. ha!

Re: Size of an english hothouse cucumber!? Are they serious?

• Options

those are the cucumbers that come in the plastic wrap-  they are much less watery for cutting so good to use for dips and salads :)

but man - those things can be long! (and they are thinner than regular cuce's too )

EDD with #4  01-20-14
    Proud mama to a boys-  6/17/09 - a girl 2/23/11- and a boy 8/20/12

• Options
    I've heard of it, but I would have no idea about their "regular size" to use as a comparison....very strange.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, I've bought them before. They are usually long, skinny, and individually wrapped in plastic in the produce section. It's not a common veggie, though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
      I've heard of english cucumbers but I worked at a grocery store during highschool. I agree that maybe they should find someting else to compare the baby to.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yeah, and some of the fruit sized seem out of order in the beginning.
    image Don't argue with idiots, they bring you down to their level then beat you with experience. - Mrs. G
  • Options
    imagehijoi:
    I've heard of them. They're long and slender.  Personally, I use the bump's guide of fruits and veggies for the baby size.  I think it may be off though.  A navel orange (last week) is way bigger than an avocado (this week.) I checked them out at the grocery store yesterday.
  • Options

imagehijoi:
      A navel orange (last week) is way bigger than an avocado (this week.) I checked them out at the grocery store yesterday.

And here I thought I was the only one who looked in the produce department to get a visual as to what the baby's size was. LOL.

• Options
    Whoops! I'm still getting the hang of the quote feature. Sorry ladies.
  • Options
    My DH's Grandma just told me that those are the "burp-less" cucumbers. Apparently regular ones make you burp - as I found out as I was eating one as she told me! Being preggers makes me do all kinds of things I never did before!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"