TTC after 35
Options

Doctor wrong about BFP. Crushing

Hey everyone. I am new here. We have male factor infertility issues and I am 36. We’ve been trying for 9 months. I went into my OBGYN due to some hormonal issues I’m having and while there she gave me a urine pregnancy test just to rule it out. She told me it was positive. I left in euphoria. I didn’t think it could happen. I went home right away to POAS to tell DH. it was negative. I became confused. How is it negative if it was just positive at the doctor? I called the doctors office to ask but no one called me back until the next afternoon (over 24 hrs) they said “it was positive and when we looked again it was negative” the lady on the phone had no other info. I hung up confused with no answers. Then I finally got my beta results. 0. No HCG. I am absolutely crushed and have been crying all afternoon. I lost something I never had. No one has called to offer an explanation or apologize for what they’ve done to my heart. Can’t decide if I should return….

Re: Doctor wrong about BFP. Crushing

• Options
    Oh my gosh I’m so sorry!  I don’t have any advice, just sending love.  How heartbreaking 😠
  • Options
    potatoflaps, I'm so sorry to hear that! I can feel the pain because I've been there before. Honestly, my husband and I were TTC for 4 years but doctors couldn't explain why we couldn't get pregnant. I was already 39 at that time until a doctor recommended trying a more advanced option called IVF. To make the story short, It's been successful and my baby Zachary is now 3 years old. Don't give up. I know it brought its share of challenges but in the end, you're going to make it. Sending hugs and love.