Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

IF Testing & Treatment w/o Jul 31

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ballgame. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation.

Diagnosis (if you've been):

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?):

How are things going?:

Any questions?:

GTKY: What are you reading right now?

Re: IF Testing & Treatment w/o Jul 31

• Options

Diagnosis (if you've been): RPL, left tube blocked

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): WFAF after loss

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): I see my new RE next Monday! Boston IVF - hoping to get a solid plan to move forward. 

How are things going?: we had a trip this last week and it was a mess. We were supposed to stay at my parents place in Florida- we got there and it was covered in mold! So unexpected change of plans. It ended up working out, we booked an amazing boutique hotel with a water view and full kitchen, then hopped over to Orlando early and did SeaWorld before Disney. (Disney was planned) we did our honeymoon at Disney and try to go every couple years. 

Any questions?: 

GTKY: What are you reading right now? Tiny little thing by Beatriz Williams. Just started it! 

• Options
    @charmedlifex3 your change of plans is serious lemonade from lemons! Sounds amazing!

Diagnosis (if you've been): PCOS

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): natural cycle

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): all our chromosome/carrier screening tests came back normal!! Still gave it a shot when I got a positive OPK, but at this point we’re just WFAF so we can get on with this whole egg retrieval business already!

How are things going?: good! Our NY vacation last week was so nice. The mountain air was just incredibly refreshing lol. We’re back now and I cleaned our entire house yesterday which felt incredibly productive. MH is away later this week (thurs-sun), so I’m making some plans to get together with friends!

Any questions?: NATM

GTKY: What are you reading right now? The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo. It’s great! I’ve been reading it for a year lol and think I may actually get to finish it this month. I used to be such a big reader over the summer and am trying to get back to it and stick with it during the school year.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @optimistgardener Sending you a big internet stranger hug. You've helped a lot of women here by sharing all that knowledge from your IF PhD, and I'm grateful for all that you've shared on here. I hope this new phase of life brings you happiness and peace  <3
  • Options
    @optimistgardener hugs friend. Beautifully written syonara post. I’ve felt/feel so many of your feelings and I’m so sorry you’ve come to the end of your IF journey with only battle scars to show. I hope the hardening keeps softening by the jewel of a man you’ve found along the way. I’ll see you on the other side of the hedge my friend ;)  
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    @optimistgardener hugs friend! 🫂 So beautifully written. I'm so sad to see the end of your IF journey go this way but it sounds like you've found a really great partner in life and for that I couldn't be happier for you! 

And genetics schmenetics. Any child you raise will know the love, care, and abilities your parents have and may easily take after them.

Anyway, I wish you all the best in your next chapter of life! I hope we can keep in touch ❤️
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause indefinitely
  • Options
    *lurking* @optimistgardener i'm sitting here at my desk with such a flurry of emotions reading this. first, big huge smothering stranger hug to you. your post is beautiful. and obviously tinged with sadness, but i know there is hope in there, too. i know we don't need another person to validate us in life, but man, your boyfriend is a keeper. it's completely understandable to become numb when you feel like you live inside of a science experiment, and i'm so glad he sees you past all of that. i'm always here to chat. i'll also echo the genetics schmenetics, i do understand your emotions around that, but i think i mentioned previously i don't share 100% dna with any of my sisters (one is half, two are adopted) and they are just my sisters, no other explanation of lack of dna warranted. i'll be thinking of you <3
  • Options
    *lurking*
    @optimistgardener sending you so many hugs friend. I’m sorry that your journey here is ending but I am so beyond happy for you that you’ve found a wonderful and supportive partner throughout this process. I’m so grateful to have gotten to know you during our years here and still wish nothing but the best for you. Whether you end up sharing genetics with a future child or not, any kid you raise will be well loved and lucky to have you for a mama. I’m always just a PM away if you ever want to chat ❤️❤️
  • Options
    thanks, y'all. and i know that i'm being silly with the genetics stuff; i know enough people who have built families in all sorts of ways to know genetic relationship is not the most important thing. but for some reason my lizard brain gets really stuck on it. gotta work on that i guess, haha.
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.
  • Options
    @optimistgardener you're not being silly! your feelings are absolutely valid, and not uncommon. 
  • Options
    *lurking* @optimistgardener. Thank you for writing this, and I'm so sorry that this is the end of the long retrieval/transfer IVF road you have been on. It feels unfair to have done so much and to walk away without a THB. I do think that this is not the end of the story. Motherhood takes many forms and many unexpected twists and turns, and I think mothering is in your future, whatever shape it takes. I am so happy that you found a partner too, and that your mother is still healthy. Thanks for all of your nerdy support over the years-- my own trip through here would have been so much less without your camaraderie. Hugs. 
    TTC History
    TTC #1 Sep 2017-Sep 2018 
    BFP 11/30/2017 | MMC 12/31/2017
    BFP 6/22/2018 | CP 6/27/2018
    BFP 10/5/2018 | EDD 6/14/2019
    Baby girl born 6/19/19

TTC #2 May 2020-November 2021
    BFP 7/18/2020 | MonoDi Twins | MMC 9/10/2020
    BFP 11/7/2020 | CP 11/9/2020
    RE Consult January 2021 | Dx "borderline DOR"/RPL
    IVF with PGT:
    Standard Antagonist:
    ER #1 3/27/2021 7R | 5M | 3F | 2B | 1 PGT-A Normal, 1 low-level mosaic
    ER #2 4/22/2021 10R | 7M | 3F | 2B | 0 normal, 2 aneuploid
    ER #3 5/19/2021 2R | 1M | 0F
    Estrogen Priming Antagonist:
    ER #4 7/10/2021 5R | 4M | 3F | 1B | 1 PGT-A Normal
    Duostim  (Standard Antagonist):
    ER #5 9/22/2021 13R | 11M | 8F | 5B | 2 PGT-A Normal, 1 low-level mosaic, 2 aneuploid
    ER #6 10/9/2021  9R | 6M | 4 F | 1B | 1 aneuploid
    FET #1  11/5/2021 | EDD 7/24/2022
    Baby boy born 7/19/22

TTC #3 since May 2023 (ntnp)
    IVF Started Fall 2023 (Standard Antagonist)
    ER #7 10/6/2023 | 9R | 6M | 5F | 3B | 2 aneuploid, 1 high-level mosaic
    ER #8 10/31/2023 | 5R | 4M | 3F | 1B | 1 PGT-A Normal
    FET #2 11/27/23 | CP (bHCG = 8)
    FET #3 planned Jan 2024

• Options
    @optimistgardener May you find happiness in your life beyond TTC.  I'm so sorry you did not get to graduate in the usual manner, and I hope you can find peace and joy in your life as you move forward.  I will miss you!
    *TW All the Loss* #BitterHagPartyOf1

October 2015 - 1st MC.  7-8 weeks along. Suspected molar PG, but luckily just a MMC.

June 2016 - 2nd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

September 2016 - 3rd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

RE 1: ALL the testing - 'unexplained'  "Yinz can do IVF or try on your own"

Feb 2017 - 4th MC: 6 weeks

RE 2: More tests. Still 'unexplained.'  Called fat for an entire hour-long appointment, cried a lot

Feb 2019 - 5th MC: 6-7 weeks

IUD - March 2019-March 2023

RE 3:  Repeat all the tests. Hoping to try IVF.

• Options
    @optimistgardener Sometimes I legit survive life by grousing at peggies!  Reminding people that it's NOT all unicorns and rainbows and glitter poop is one of my life missions with TTC/loss.  :wink:  (Seriously, you should see my FB page. HA)
    *TW All the Loss* #BitterHagPartyOf1

October 2015 - 1st MC.  7-8 weeks along. Suspected molar PG, but luckily just a MMC.

June 2016 - 2nd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

September 2016 - 3rd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

RE 1: ALL the testing - 'unexplained'  "Yinz can do IVF or try on your own"

Feb 2017 - 4th MC: 6 weeks

RE 2: More tests. Still 'unexplained.'  Called fat for an entire hour-long appointment, cried a lot

Feb 2019 - 5th MC: 6-7 weeks

IUD - March 2019-March 2023

RE 3:  Repeat all the tests. Hoping to try IVF.

• Options
    Lurking…. @optimistgardener thank you for checking in, and I’m sorry for the loss of your embryo. You were such a supporter and cheerleader for all of us when we were on TTGP and I hope I returned even a fraction of that support back to you. I’m glad you have some time to figure out your next steps and I’m sure whatever path you take will be the right one for you ❤️
  • Options
    Lurking... Optimistgardener, I know you don't know me, but I've been here or lurking a year and I remember you. I read your post and bawled my eyes out. I am so sorry you didn't get the baby you deserve, but I wish you the best in the future. As someone who also is likely never to conceive, your post spoke to me. Thank you for being you and for being here. All the best. 
  • Options
    virginiahamvirginiaham member
    edited August 2023
    @optimistgardener just wanted to send my best to you.  You are a gem, and it sounds like he is gem.  I hope whatever you decide is the best way forward, you’ll find love and support all along the way.  It’s always here from us.
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• Options
    sometimes deciding that enough is enough, that the ends no longer justify the means, or that you've spent all the money you can afford or pushed your body hard enough or whatever it happens to be, those are good and solid decisions, really effing hard to make decisions, and they also deserve acknowledgement. 🎉

You said all of it, and especially this part, so beautifully 💯❤️
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• Options
    @optimistgardener, bravo to you. What you said is so important and you say it so well. Thank you. Thank you! Thank you!!!

Happy and Healthy Life to you with contentment in your decision and peace in your soul. Put a heart around your heart before you go to bed and remember that you inspired many and you are loved and worthy. You've inspired me just today and I applaud you. Big virtual hugs. 
  • Options
    *** Lurking*** @optimistgardener thinking of you my friend and wishing you all the happiness in the world 
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    January 2012 - BFP - DS Born 10/21/2012
    May 2013 - BFP - Twins MMC @ 13 weeks D&C
    Oct 2013 -  BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Dec 2013 -  BFP  DD Born 8/16/14 - Cholestasis at 36+5
    Nov 2016 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Dec 2016 - BFP  DD Born 6/19/17 @ 28+4 Severe Pre-E, IUGR, Cholestasis 
    Nov 2017 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Jan 2017 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Jan 2019 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    Feb 2022 - TTC #4 with IVF - RPL testing
    Protein C and S Deficiency - Blood Thinners for Treatment - Maybe we don't know!
    June 2022 - IVF - 2 embryos - 1 transfered 6/22/22 - Transfer Failed
    July 2022 - FET