2nd Trimester

Pregnancy weight gain

OK, so I know everyone (and every pregnancy) is different, but I'm currently 22 weeks and weighing myself this morning I've gained 17lb already! This is my 2nd pregnancy, but I feel like I'm putting on weight alot quicker than my first (I gained almost 4 stone with my forst pregnancy so dreading this going above that!)

Does this seem excessive to anyone else?

Re: Pregnancy weight gain

• Has your OB mentioned anything about your weight gain? If not I wouldn’t worry about it. I think they worry more if it was a drastic change from your last appt 
  • I’m 20 weeks and I’ve gained 4 lbs so far but I also started at 218lbs. The baby can use all my reserves lol Everyone is different, so I wouldn’t stress about it too much. If your Doctor says something then that’s another story.
  • Loading the player...
  • This is my first pregnancy and at 18 weeks I’ve gained 15 lbs. I also feel like that is excessive but I will ask my doctor in a few days when I go to my check up. My starting weight was 116. I don’t seem to have put on anywhere but my uterus but I don’t know if that’s good or not.
  • Relax. It's okay. You're growing a baby. Keep eating healthy and exercise. By healthy, I mean whole foods. Eat whole grains, fruits and veggies, etc. If you find yourself eating a lot of processed foods like chips, cookies, etc., find a way to eat those things in a less processed way. For example, are you guzzling orange crush soda? Get some orange juice with just orange juice as the ingredient and mix it with some carbonated water that doesn't have any high fructose corn syrup in it. Are you eating a bunch of packaged chocolate chip cookies? Make batches at home with low sugar chocolate chips, whole wheat flour, etc. Or better yet, make them from scratch using oatmeal. You can also do the same with pancakes. 1 cup oatmeal soaked in almond milk for 10 minutes, 2 eggs, 2/3 cup of whole wheat flour, a tablespoon of baking powder, and sims cinnamon. Then use a tablespoon to measure out some organic syrup. That makes a big batch of pancakes and they're so yummy. All of my friends are so surprised by how good they are. 

You're growing a baby. I gained 50 lbs and although it was not ideal for me either, I gave birth to a 10 lbs baby. I went from 130 to 180. After he was born, I was about 145 so obviously all of that was for him and he needed it. There is no reason to be stepping on the scale every day or even every week. You also don't need to every single doctor's appointment. Most women gain between 25 and 35 pounds during pregnancy so you seem to be right on track for 22 weeks. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• weelweel member
    4th pregnancy here and currently 16wks with twins I started to show super early, and was a little concerned about weight gain, however it seems I've only gained approx 5lbs so far at my first scan (12wks) I was told both babies were measuring bang on I just assumed I would have gained more weight? I have suffered pretty bad with sickness and nausea I have lost my appetite completely it is such a struggle to eat unless it's something I am craving, also have type 2 diabetes so I am being careful on what I am eating I find for my sickness perspective it helps to eat little but often I couldn't sit with a full plate of food in front of me.