2nd Trimester
Options

Constant feeling of a lump in my throat- heartburn?

I’m 13 weeks and I’ve noticed the last few weeks I’ve been having this feeling of a lump in my throat, the need to make myself burp, or the collar of my shirt feels too tight (which it isn’t). Has anyone else experienced this feeling? Wondering if it’s heartburn? It doesn’t hurt just drives me crazy!

Re: Constant feeling of a lump in my throat- heartburn?

• Options
    I had the same thing. It still comes and goes at 25 weeks. I would pull my mask down after working with patients and even having that sitting on my neck was annoying!
    I'm guessing it's heartburn too, but I never got it medically confirmed with my OB. I would just recommend small meals throughout the day and honestly, avoiding onions and garlic. Those two really seems to set things off for me!
    Hope you get to feeling better
  • Options
    I experienced this same thing until I was about 17 weeks. I felt like I constantly had something in my throat and it drove me insane. I even had my throat checked during many of my ER visits because i was convinced there was something wrong. I'm 23 weeks now and it haven't felt it in many weeks. I also had sever morning sickness until about 18 weeks, so I just assumed it was from my constant aggressive vomiting. I was told it was heartburn, which i think could be true to some extent, but even though the lump feeling is gone I do still get heartburn some days. 
    I hope it gets better for you soon!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had the same thing! My OB said it was heartburn. They have a number of ways they can help you feel better if TUMS isn’t doing the trick! I started taking Pepcid at my doctors direction and it has helped tremendously. 
  • Options
    Eat almonds! 

I had terrrrrrible heartburn that resulted in esophagitis due to the excessive morning (all day) sickness too — I initially cut out all foods that triggered my heartburn then I slowly started eating things and taking tums right after but I hated the pasty taste the tums would leave and I was popping them like tic tacs so I started snacking on raw almonds throughout the day (s/o one of the
    ladies on here) and my heartburn is GONE. I know it’s the almonds because if I don’t snack on it I do feel that discomfort in my
    throat creep up.