November 2023 Moms

Weekly randoms • week of 4/30

Re: Weekly randoms • week of 4/30

• Guuuuyyyyyssss....the end of the school year is coming up. ALREADY! The last day of school here is the Friday before Memorial Day. Summer is so hard because I have all the guilt about having to work. Luckily DH works 10's and has Thur/Fri/Sat off so he can get the kids out of the house on Thursday and Friday. 

Anywho, does anyone have any fun plans for summer? I kind of want to make it special since everything will change once Little Bean gets here but also don't want to do anything huge since I'm saving up time off for after he or she is here.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• @UnwritteN12 I usually try to plan for 1 day trip a week over the summer but try not to beat myself up if it falls through. We do things like go to the zoo, or a museum, or a state park, or the beach. So nothing really big but gets us out of the house in the morning and hopefully home by naptime 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Loading the player...
  • @UnwritteN12 I will take the boys on a work trip with me to a water park resort in late summer. My sister usually comes with me and takes care of them while I’m in meetings. Otherwise, we’ll do a few short weekend getaways, but nothing too exciting. DS1 is excited for summer school in June. It’s field trips and fun activities sprinkled with learning. The boys will also rotate through visiting family. DS1 has been requested by more people, but that’s just a perk of being the only fully potty trained one lol. 
  • @kiki047 If I remember correctly, today was RE graduation day. I hope everything went well, and you’re officially a graduate!
  • KiekKiek member
    Summertime for me consists of gardening and canning and taking my girls to the beach. Although, this year I’ll also be purging and preparing for a big move after baby is born. We are significantly downsizing which I’m really looking forward to. 
  • @Kiek purging is the absolute BEST!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • KiekKiek member
    @mrsmtothek it’s my favorite 🙌🏼
  • KiekKiek member
    Gah! Waiting on an ultrasound right now. I came in for a routine appointment and they kept telling me they might not be able to find baby’s heartbeat with the Doppler this early. I didn’t think twice because we always heard my girls’ this early. The midwife couldn’t find it so I get to have a second ultrasound 😬 trying to be excited to see baby but sooooo nervous now. 
  • @Kiek deep breaths mama!! <3 I'm sure all is well!
  • @Kiek That happened with DS3, and it was so super nervewracking. I'm glad everything turned out well - those minutes between the Doppler and the ultrasound are the absolute worst.
  • @mrsmtothek I’m dying to get my results back so I can tell the kids too. I’m hoping by Monday they will be in hand.

@UnwritteN12 we usually do a lot of beach day trips, usually once a weekend. I feel like the kids also just really love playing at home w us together; I feel like they find that as special as doing something out of house etc.

Not looking forward to coordinating care for my 5 yr old next summer… 
  • Any fellow bravoholics? Thoughts on VPR and the leaked finale?? 
  • ashsowers2020ashsowers2020 member
    edited May 2023
    Have any of y’all felt baby move/ quickening yet? I’m 13 weeks and I’ve been feeling like I’ve felt it the last few days but haven’t been sure. But now I am positive what I’ve been feeling the last 10 min is definitely the baby! I’ve heard 2nd+ time mamas can feel it earlier than 1st time mamas. I remember feeling it around week 15 last time around. 
  • @nessa1632 dear god I hate Tom Sandoval. hate hate hate. double hate. LOOAATHEE ENTIRELYYYY

@ashsowers2020 yes actually, I swear I felt some movement last night. My belly has also been shifting weird when I hold up my two older children and it definitely took me by surprise. Who knows!
  • @nessa1632 Does your area have summer school? DS1 is 5, and I was struggling to figure out what he'd do this summer. Our original plan was to send him to our (now former) daycare provider, but then found out the next oldest kid was DS2, who is almost 3. So now he is attending summer school at the public school for June, and then will go to our local YMCA for day camp when he isn't visiting family. 
  • @makingbacon that’s a good question, I’m not sure - I will look into that. I know there are various camps but typically you have to stitch those together to get the whole summer and they are stupidly expensive (although anything is cheaper than daycare rn). I’m hoping I can lean on “grandma camp” next summer but every time we talk about it it’s like a day or two and I need like solid weeks so…. Idk. Punting that until next spring haha. I am thankful to at least have the Christmas break covered through maternity leave (and Feb and April now that I think about it). 
  • @nessa1632 I was relieved when I found out about summer school. The best part for us is that it's completely free and covers the entire month of June. I was able to set up 3 weeks of visiting different family members who requested him, and then he's going on a work trip with me for another week, so I ended up only having to sign him up for 2 weeks of camp. Camp is really expensive. I paid $100/week for him to go, so I'm glad we didn't have to send him for several weeks. I will have 2 in school next year and was also glad that maternity leave will cover breaks.
  • kiki047kiki047 member
    @makingbacon aww thank you for remembering! We did "technically" graduate because our NIPT and NT both came back clear, but my RE is having us come back for one last ultrasound on May 15th (even though I'll technically be 14+2 by then) because he's monitoring my SCH. I will never say no to an extra US and a peek at baby, so that's a-ok with me! My OB intake appt is the next day. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23