Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/STM+:

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise:

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?

Rants / Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: Are you a morning person or a night owl?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Weekly check-in • week of 4/23

• Options

Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: November 26th; 9+1

FTM/STM/STM+: 4TM

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: Surprise

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: Butterfly

Upcoming appointments: End of May

How are you feeling? All I do is puke. I really think my supplemental progesterone is the culprit.

Rants / Raves: Rave: It was exciting to see our baby for the first-time last Friday. We also finally sold our house, so it'll be nice not to pay mortgage and a rent payment. Rant: I am sick all freaking day long. Doctor said she'd call in a prescription, but she never did. I usually feel a little bit better when I'm outside, so I walk the dog a lot during the day. I puked on the side of the road this morning and thank goodness I muted my mom before I did it because I am absolutely not ready to tell anyone yet.

Questions: When is everyone announcing? I announce births not pregnancies on social media, but I do need to tell my family at some point. I know they most likely won't be super supportive, but they'll figure it out eventually.

GTKY: Are you a morning person or a night owl? Neither! I do not like getting up early, and my perfect evening ends between 9 and 9:30 pm. DS2 is a night owl, so that very rarely happens. I always tell people that I'm a lunch person lol.

• Options

Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 20 / 10 weeks

FTM/STM/STM+: 5TM

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: finding out

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: a lego guy

Upcoming appointments: Friday

How are you feeling? Hardly any nausea anymore, thank goodness! Still super tired though.

Rants / Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Are you a morning person or a night owl? Not particularly either... I don't like getting up early or staying up late lol!

@makingbacon we just told most of our family and close friends this weekend. We worried we'd get some push back or not so kind reactions from some people but it's all been good so far. My kids are not good secret keepers and I look 20 weeks already 🤦‍♀️

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @runsoncoffee I'm glad it went well telling everyone! We haven't told the boys yet, and I'm starting to show, but I can still hide it for now. Once it warms up, and I stop wearing DH's hoodies, it'll be pretty obvious. DH's family will be happy, but mine will most likely not be happy. I had a rougher pregnancy and recovery with DS3, and we thought our family was complete until this little one surprised us.
  • Options
    KiekKiek member
    @makingbacon we told people in our close circle once we had the the first ultrasound. I did tell my mom and sister early on because we are extremely close. But I’m almost 13 weeks, super showing, and not in any hurry lol. I don’t have any plans yet. 
  • Options
    KiekKiek member

12 weeks and some odd days. Due 11/2 or 3. But most like won’t be here until later 🫠

FTM/STM/STM+:

Number 3 hence why I don’t remember the details 😂

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise:

We get to find out the first week of June! 

A plum I think?

Upcoming appointments:

First week of May

How are you feeling?

Pretty good! I really can’t complain now that the first trimester is mercifully almost over lol

Rants / Raves:

No rants

Rave: I’m starting to be able to catch up on all the thing so got behind on when I was feeling awful. That feels nice

Questions:

Oh I’m a morning person all the way! 7am is sleeping in late to me lol. I like to wake up between 4:30 and 5ish. Have my coffee in peace, take my sweet time getting ready for the day lol. 

• Options

Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/8 - 11w5d

FTM/STM/STM+: 3TM

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: We are fully back on team surprise (we have been team green for both kids and loved it, but husband was feeling like this surprise pregnancy was too much surprise, but he's back on team green now that he's adjusted - not sure if I shared that last time I updated)

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: macaron

Upcoming appointments: May 9th for the first appt with the OBGYN. Kinda wish I had another scan, I went so early for the first one because we were traveling and I'm sad I didn't really get a good photo of when bebe was tiny and since it's been so long, I'm just having some extra anxiety 

How are you feeling? The nausea is better but not completely gone. I'll randomly get hit with it and be totally out of it. But! It's better than when it was daily. I'll take this. 

Rants / Raves: We're back home after being at my MIL's for a few weeks and I'm just so happy to be home and in my own space! It's great to travel there (and see a ton of family we don't normally see) but there's just nothing to being in your own space. 

Questions: Uhhhh why do I look 20w pregnant right now?! WTF body?

GTKY: Are you a morning person or a night owl? Let's say midmorning person. I try to be a night owl like DH but fail miserably. I do function better in the morning. Wishing I was motivated enough to get out of bed early like @Kiek and take a few moments to myself before the madness of the kids in the morning. Someday!

Third kid: Due 11/6
    Second kid: Dec 2021
    First kid: Sept 2019
  • Options
    @makingbacon is it that your family will be worried for your health and thats why they wont be supportive? I'm sorry that they might not there for you, thats a huge bummer. 
  • Options

Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/24 9+3

FTM/STM/STM+: TTM

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: finding out

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: The One Ring! I love this one and am always sad I can only share it with DH since we try to keep it a secret until 2nd trimester

Upcoming appointments: Not until May 12th, I need to go get my blood work and urine sample before then though

How are you feeling? Nauseous and tired…

Rants / Raves: i forgot my unisom last night and today has been miserable 

Questions: none

GTKY: Are you a morning person or a night owl? Not pregnant I’m a total morning person, pregnant I’m neither 🤣

Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    @makingbacon I think we plan on telling family around Mother’s Day. I have an appointment that Friday at 12 weeks where I’ll hopefully get to hear the heartbeat. If that all seems good we’ll tell the kids Saturday and probably everyone else Sunday! 

@Kiek I’m like you, I need to get up before the kids to like mentally prepare for the day. Lately I’m dragging all day though

EDD 11/24/23

• Options
    KiekKiek member
    @bluepeach565 saaame with looking 20 weeks lol. I think it’s that number 3 or something 😂. People that I haven’t told have to know lol. I’m so obviously pregnant looking lol

@varimama ah! A fellow morning person! Yeah I was struggling these last several weeks. I was falling asleep sitting upright if I sat in the couch too long lol. 
  • Options
    @bluepeach565 They haven’t been particularly supportive when we add to our family, but were okay once we announced each pregnancy. I don’t foresee this going as smoothly, and there will most likely be angry comments directed at DH, which I will be promptly shutting down. At best, they’ll be accepting as usual. At worst, I’ll be going low/no contact for a little while. 
  • Options
    @makingbacon ugh that’s really rough. I’m sorry to hear that. I just wish everyone would leave their comments out of it! DH comes from a big family and so it’s very normal for them, but my mom only had me and sometimes makes comments to me that end up really hurting. I hope it goes smoothly for you with as minimal judgement as possible! 
  • Options

11/08 - 11w6d

FTM/STM/STM+:
    STM+

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise:
    Surprise. I need to get a new order for genetic testing because they just assumed I wanted to know the gender and chose the option on the paperwork for me. No ma'am!! 

Size of a plum. A peeing plum lol!! Baby is peeing everywhere now apparently.

Upcoming appointments:
    Had one this morning - got to hear the heartbeat again <3 Always so scary in those first moments this early on trying to find it. 

How are you feeling?
    Much better this week. Last week after having that stomach bug anything is an improvement, but the past few days I haven't had raging nausea at nighttime and I've been able to stay up past 10 to spend time with DH! Big wins for me.

Rants / Raves: 
    I wasn't planning on getting NIPS testing done because I had vague recollections of NT screens in my past pregnancies and the tests aren't covered by my insurance even though I'm AMA. Apparently things are different now, the NT screen would have to also be requested, and my provider (although incredibly supportive) strongly recommended getting it done. Insurance is so annoying.

On the plus side I mostly finished planning for DD's birthday next week so I'm looking forward to getting distracted by all of that for a bit.

Questions:
    How many ultrasounds are you guys getting? I feel like my memory from other pregnancies is all effed up but I felt like I had more than just the dating US and the anatomy scan. No?

Definitely a night person. I'd much rather stay up until 1 or 2 AM and get ish done and then sleep until 9 the next morning. But regardless of how late I stay up, I always want to sleep in lol.

• Options
    @makingbacon oh my gosh I'm so sorry you're puking all the time. I don't know how you survive!! I hate throwing up it gives me so much anxiety. I'm not sure when we'll announce this time around. In my past pregnancies I announced around 16-18 weeks on social media. 

@runsoncoffee I'm so glad you got nice reactions from your announcement!! I don't know about you but I feel a lot more excited when people share the excitement too.

@Kiek 4:30 or 5 AM lord have mercy lol. You are a superhuman to me!! I definitely agree on the taking your time part though, I hate being rushed in getting ready.

@bluepeach565 Your description about your husbands emotions is exactly how we've felt for this 3rd one too lol. But team green is so fun, we'll be in it together! I'm glad he's back on board! Ugh I'm sorry you have to wait so long for another scan, it truly can feel like ages in between them.

@varimama Ugh I hope the nausea passes for you soon!! Getting that good sleep can definitely make or break how good your day is, I feel you. 
  • Options
    @mrsmtothek Will your screening include an ultrasound? Mine in the past always did, but I have a new doctor in a new city/state, and their u/s equipment isn't advanced enough to do the ultrasound portion. So we're only doing the bloodwork, unless I drive a little under 1.5 hours to a nearby city that is bigger. 
  • Options

Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/29 (8w6d)

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: Surprise 

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: Raspberry 

Upcoming appointments: 5/18 for intake OB and NT scan

How are you feeling? Tired and nauseous 

Rants / Raves: Rave - the weather has been so nice fainlly!

Rant - I had to come in to work today for the first time in a few months and it reminded me how much I hate my commute (~2 hours with traffic)... but thankfully we are finally moving closer in a month so won't have to do it much longer. 

Questions:

GTKY: Are you a morning person or a night owl? Neither, I guess... I don't really like to wake up super early, but I've gotten used to it since DD wakes up pretty early. I also don't like to stay up very late either... 

@makingbacon We've told most of our close family. We don't post announcements on SM either, so we will just be telling our friends as we see them. I actually told my department chair today. I'm a professor and this will have implications for my teaching next year as well as my tenure clock... since the semester is wrapping up and everyone goes away from the summer, this was the last chance to tell her in person, so I just did it even though it's early. 

@mrsmtothek With my first pregnancy and this pregnancy, I seem to end up getting more ultrasounds than usual for a low-risk pregnancy. My first I had: two early scans due to bleeding (turned out to be a SCH), NT, anatomy, positioning (she was breech), and then an ultrasound during the ECV. For this one, I had 2 dating scans because we weren't sure of my dates and we did the first one too early. I'll have at least 2 more for the NT and anatomy. 

• Options
    @mrsmtothek the standard at my practice for an uncomplicated, healthy pregnancy is actually just the anatomy scan! That said, I haven't fallen in those shoes so I've had more.
  • Options
    @mrsmtothek for my first two kids having the dating ultrasound and the anatomy scan were the only standard ultrasounds by my OB. I did have an extra one at 32 weeks with my first bc at my anatomy scan I had placenta previa so they had to check and see if it moved up, it did so nothing further was needed. 

Then with both my kids I went past my due date so they did additional ultrasounds to check on amniotic fluid and I’m sure other things that I’m forgetting until I finally went into labor. 
    EDD 11/24/23

• Options
    KiekKiek member
    I had 3 ultrasounds with my oldest. Dating at 9 weeks, anatomy one at 20 weeks and another at 32ish weeks. With my middle I just had an anatomy scan and then one when I was full term because I went over my due date and I didn’t want to be induced so they checked me out to make sure I could keep going a little longer. This practice does two I guess. The dating scan which we already had at 10 weeks and then I’ll get the anatomy scan at 18 weeks! 
  • Options
    UnwritteN12UnwritteN12 member
    edited April 2023

11/2    12 wks, 5 days

FTM/STM/STM+:

5th time mom

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise:

Surprise

Little Bean is the size of a lime and can open and close his or her hands. <3

Upcoming appointments:

Tomorrow for another u/s and meeting the new OB. My OB moved to Boston which stinks because he was amazing.

How are you feeling?

Better physically although I'm at that funky place where I don't necessarily look pregnant but you can tell I've gained weight so I'm super self-conscious. All over the place emotionally. 

Rants / Raves:

Rant - We rent our house which means there's an annual walk through with the property management company. I hate it. Unfortunately prices in this area are absolutely ridiculous so we don't feel like we can buy. Grateful for a roof over our heads. Just wish we didn't have to do these walk throughs as it causes stress for weeks in advance. 

Rave - DD#2 "kisses" the baby (my belly) goodnight before bed. It's the sweetest thing. 

Questions:

n/a

I wish I was a morning person but I'm likely to growl at people if they try to wake me up. Dragging my butt out of bed to get the kids to school is at the bottom of my list of favorite things. I do enjoy being up at night. The kids are (usually) in bed, it's quiet and I don't have to share the TV a.k.a. watch gaming shows that my boys are into. 

@makingbacon - I'm so sorry that your family may not be supportive. That really sucks. Know that you have a community here supporting you though. We told our families the Friday before Easter. I honestly didn't think anyone but my mom would be supportive but I was pleasantly surprised. I hope everything goes well for you! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options

Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/23 (9w5d)

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: unknown atm but hoping for a boy!!

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: cherry!

Upcoming appointments: 5/16 to discuss bloodwork results and look at the nugget!

How are you feeling? Tired… so dang tired.  

Rants / Raves: Rave - got all of my seedlings for the garden started last week (northern Michigan last frost date is 6/21 here lol) but all my little veggie and flower babies look happy!

Rant - I recently became the QA manager at my work and have my first major audit next week   At 11 weeks - the smell of potatoes is making me nauseous.  We are a food processor - and  we will be canning potatoes when the auditor shows up. Didn’t want to tell work yet but if I vomit on the auditor, I may have some explaining to do…

Questions:

GTKY: Are you a morning person or a night owl? Morning - but I work normally at like 7 and have a 45 min commute so it’s habit now whether I like it or not  

@makingbacon we told our parents right away - but it was our first positive after trying for almost 6 years so we wanted to celebrate the moment with them. Actually today after the first doc appointment we are calling our siblings to tell them! 

@mrsmtothek We seen the nugget on a portable ultrasound thing today - it was a satellite office, and I didn’t realize I should have snapped a photo with the phone because they didn’t give us a thing. But it’s okay.  I think the first official scan will be on the 16th of may when I meet the doc and discuss my blood work.  First appointment was with the nurse practitioner at my local office. FTM so idk what’s happening.  Other than I seen the nugget today!! 

• Options
    Eh - my check in isn't great this week. TW I've been spotting and bleeding and passing clots end TW* but ive had two sonos and baby looks great and is growing perfecly but they have no idea whats causing the bleeding. I'm a bit down in the bumps about it, as this is out 7th (and last) pregnancy but I keep trying to tell myself that today I am pregnant. 

On a more positive note - the Bonjesta is doing amazing things for my nausea so if anyone is feeling like total crap still you might ask you Dr for a script!

• Options
    @nomangos23 I'm so sorry that is happening to you. I had something similar happen during my pregnancy with DS1. I also just messaged my doctor and asked about the Bonjesta because I am so very tired of being nauseated and puking.

@stevieraem Did you end up telling work? I'm a play the odds until the very end kind of person lol.
  • Options

Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9w1d today. My weeks change on Wednesday

FTM/STM/STM+: STM plus stepdaughter 

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: Team Healthy. I hope for a boy. 

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: Cherry or Butterfly

Upcoming appointments: 

5/19 - OB

5/22 - Perinatal Ultrasound & MFM for High Risk

How are you feeling? I’ve been feeling pretty good. Nausea is rare, but still happens. The insomnia is out of control.  

Rants / Raves: None

Questions: None

I’m a night owl. I’ve worked 12+ hours overnights for the past 3 years so my body is accustomed to being up all night. Now that I’m out of work, I’ve been trying to adjust to day time hours for my family and it’s not working. 

• Options
    @makingbacon nope.  Playing the odds too - the 3 day audit begins Tuesday May 2nd lol wish me luck!!
  • Options
    Weekly check-in • week of 4/23

Due Date: 11/16/2023
    Weeks & Days: 11 weeks and 1 day

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: Team Girl 💓

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: Baby is the size of a lemon! My baby doesn’t seem to like to stick to one specific thing he/she likes or dislikes. for example one day even the sight of ranch dressing makes me want to vomit but then the next i crave it. 😭

Upcoming appointments: next OB appt is May 24th. I recently had one on April 26th and doc said baby is healthy!

How are you feeling? I feel exhausted and very nauseous

Rants / Raves:

Questions: N/A

GTKY: Are you a morning person or a night owl? neither 😭
  • Options
    @chrissdee - Aww, I love the name Evelyn! If our first two had been girls instead of one of each our son's name would have been Evelyn. All of our kids have classic, even old fashioned, names as well.