Weekly check-in W/O 2/27

EDD/Weeks + days:

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY - What is your favorite season, and why?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weekly check-in W/O 2/27

• Options
    froggerbluefroggerblue member
    edited February 2023
    EDD/Weeks + days: September 20 / 10w5d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Top of a tea candle

Upcoming appointments: Next week for NT and monthly appointment

How are you feeling? Sick of nausea and exhausted

Raves/Rants: Not at the moment

Questions: I need some ideas of light exercices that I can do indoor, everything I know seems too exhausting for now

GTKY - What is your favorite season, and why? Spring and Fall, because they have beautiful colors and they aren't too hot or too cold
  • Options

EDD/Weeks + days: Sept 13, 11w5d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: green 

Baby is the size of a(n): a fetus 

Upcoming appointments: 3/6 for NT and NIPT, 3/17 next OB appt

How are you feeling? The last 4-5 days great, I’ve been in Disney. Tired and sore from walking 9-10 miles per day, but no nausea. Of course today I’m flying home and feeling a little meh. Managed to still get pretty good sleep, the warm weather was a nice treat. Managed to really enjoy myself eating and keep the heartburn in check with TUMS  

Raves/Rants: rant - see weird nausea today, go away!!!

Questions: natm 

GTKY - What is your favorite season, and why? Fall. I just love the crisp seasonal change. 

@froggerblue all I did when pregnant with my daughter in 2019 was yoga and walking. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

@froggerblue i do something super easy like 10 minutes laying down doing leg lifts and stuff. i use obe fitness when i'm pregnant, they have some super easy ones. sometimes i can't even manage those, so I hear you.

Sept 9/ 12+3 i think

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: blue

Upcoming appointments: i cancelled my 12 week appointment because i just didn't want to go, so have a 16 week appointment next month

How are you feeling? i just finished working 7 long days and i'm exhausted and feel just bad. i'm hoping that everything gets better soon, other than the constant headaches which i'm sure will last for more months, like last time

Raves/Rants: I couldn't get ahold of my OB office for my NIPT results, so I went thru medical records for a release, which got me results in hours. Low risk, such a relief. Still stressed about neural tube defects and others and the 20 week US given I had covid with some fevers at 5 weeks

Questions: natm

GTKY - What is your favorite season, and why? anything but winter. i despise winter, which is like 6 months out of the year in this state. its miserable. 

• Options
    @froggerblue I’m a big Peloton fan, and their 10 min workouts for strength and yoga have been perfect for me right now on days I’m exhausted so I can still be active (and I’ve also been doing 20 min runs and cycling classes, also). During my third pregnancy, I just did super light arm weights and yoga the entire pregnancy (my first two pregnancies I worked retail management and went from running 6 days per week to barely functioning outside of work, because my job was too physical 🤪). 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

EDD/Weeks + days: 10+6/ Sept 20 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: green

Baby is the size of a(n): 🤷🏽‍♀️

Upcoming appointments: not until March 13 for my early anatomy scan. I’ll do blood work for NIPT either Thursday or next Wednesday. 

How are you feeling? Exhausted. Nausea reared its head again once I stopped wearing the seabands so back on that. Soooo unmotivated to work. 🫠

Raves/Rants: The further I get, I realize I need to tell my family and I’m dreading it. Their response wasn’t the greatest for my 2nd. Which annoys me because it’s not like they do much to help us - we live 6000kms away on an entirely different continent. All they have to do is love and spoil the kids - which they do! They’re amazing with the kids. Don’t know why they suck at the rest. 

Questions: 

GTKY - What is your favorite season, and why?

Summer. I love the sun so much. Especially with kids, it’s just so much easier to just go out and be out all day. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Options
    @froggerblue Another vote for Peloton! I haven’t done a ride in ages (like way before even getting pregnant) but I’m a big fan of the strength classes
  • Options
    @anniemarie887 and @litzi-2 thank you for the suggestions and support!
    @runningyogimama and @cammie0526 sorry, I don't know what Peloton is. Is it a particular equipment and can you do it at home?
  • Options
    @froggerblue It is a brand of exercise bike and treadmill, but it’s also an app you can download. I think without the bike or tread, it’s $12.99/month? I paid for it for well over a year before getting a bike, and always found it worth it - there’s strength classes, yoga, meditation, stretching, body weight classes, cycling, running - and ALL different lengths (5-90 mins), and so many different instructors. I can message you a link for a 60 day free trial (super easy to cancel - click a button in the app) if you want to try it (I get nothing from that, haha, it’s just the only online workout platform I’ve ever tried I actually enjoy). 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I will second that Peloton is fab. We’ve had ours for three years. For anyone having sleep issues the sleep meditations are 10/10
  • Options

EDD/Weeks + days: 12w4d, 9/9

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): “Today baby is as tall as a Kit Kat bar.”

Upcoming appointments: One month away. 

How are you feeling? I’m feeling good! Physically and emotion! We had some good appointments this week. Baby is on target. My morning sickness is improving. It’s surreal. 

Raves/Rants: I’m close to the second trimester!! 

Questions: When exactly is the second trimester?!? LOL!! I’m so confused. The end of 13 weeks? The end of 12 weeks? 

GTKY - What is your favorite season, and why? Fall!! It’s beautiful! The weather is great. The air is crisp. The leaves are glorious. The fall makes me so happy. 

• Options
    froggerbluefroggerblue member
    edited March 2023
    @runningyogimama Thank you so much for the offer. I would certainly like to try it out. Maybe it is what I need right now. Do you need an e-mail to send the link or can you PM it to me?

@babysavvy I thought the first trimester lasted a full 13 weeks (second trimester starting at 14 weeks, and third trimester starting at 27 weeks) but I might be wrong.
  • Options

DD/Weeks + days: Sept.11 12+2

Baby is the size of a(n): Plum

Upcoming appointments: Yesterday saw a doctor for routine check up. Tomorrow is NT Ultrasound & Bloodwork. 

How are you feeling? Sooo tired. Lucky my 2 year old sleeps well but my 4 month old is still up once or twice a night. I’m hoping she’s sleeping through the night by summer. My first started sleeping through the night at 8 months. Nausea has started to subside thank god. Just waiting for that second tri energy boost! 

Raves/Rants: I’m getting really sick of doing laundry everyday but there’s no slowing down in sight so I need to accept this is my life now haha 

Questions: none 

GTKY - What is your favorite season, and why? Fall. The crispness in the air, the colours, my birthday and Thanksgiving. Mmm turkey.. 

I use Beach Bodies on Demand. It’s a subscription to hundreds of workouts and meal plans. There is a couple great pre natal (and post natal) programs to choose from. All trimesters and guaranteed safe if cleared for exercise by your doctor. Low impact. You can stream it on any device and no special equipment needed. You can try a 30 day free trial too. I also used the 21 day fix program to lose the baby weight and it was amazing. 

• Options
    @froggerblue I’ll PM you the link, but if that doesn’t work, you can send me your email and I’ll send it that way.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

EDD/Weeks + days: 12 weeks! 9/14

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: team green

Baby is the size of a(n): lime

Upcoming appointments: NT scan is Monday 3/6! Anxious to get that done, even though my NIPT all came back normal/low risk

How are you feeling? EXHAUSTED. Can’t hold my eyes open past 8 pm, afternoons at work are a struggle, don’t want to get out of bed in the morning, ugh!

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY - What is your favorite season, and why? FALL! Spring is nice, too, especially coming from winter, but I just love fall and the crispness in the air and pretty, crunchy leaves and all that. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: Sept 27/10+2

Baby is the size of a(n): strawberry

Upcoming appointments: NT scan in two weeks

How are you feeling? Dead

Raves/Rants: I wish I had the time and energy to read and respond to everyone's post. Hoping this will get better in a few weeks.

Questions: No

GTKY - What is your favorite season, and why? Spring because flowers and green
  • Options
    @mokamonster hang in there. each pregnancy i remember sitting on the sofa in the evenings thinking i could just die after feeling so bad for so long. not in a depressed way, just in a terrible for so long way. and literally nothing helps. just hoping the time will pass. i hope it passes quickly for you.
  • Options
    @litzi-2 thanks for the encouragement. I've been definitely dealing with those kind of thoughts but perhaps in more of a depressed way. I have been doing a lot of meditations to try to help, but feeling very dissociated from my body and this experience. Maybe I always imagined it being so wonderful and we tried so hard. Then it actually sucks lol
  • Options
    mokamonster you're right it technically feels like depression, little energy, feeling hopeless, little interest in doing anything, etc. I've written myself notes from other pregnancies telling myself that it sucks, and literally nothing helps (not workouts, not any foods, not any activities, just nothing). But the time will keep passing and it'll one day be done. Its hard when you just don't want to complain anymore but at the same time that's all you want to do, lol.