June 2023 Moms
Options

February Symptoms

2»

Re: February Symptoms

• Options
    kalesix3kalesix3 member
    edited February 2023
    @thescarletmom I don't know a single woman who hasn't had a run in with sexual abuse in one capacity or another, it's so prevalent and I hate it. My heart breaks for you, I'm so sorry that happened and I'm glad this little corner of the internet could be a safe enough space for you to share 🥺 I know how hard it can be to process, let alone say the words. I'm sorry about the loss of your pregnancy, that's so devastating and it makes total sense to process it differently. I don't know how I'd cope in that situation but I'm very big into trauma bonds so it makes a lot of sense. Virtual hugs ❤️
    Also eta I could rant all day long about policing of women's bodies, you're in good company 🥰
  • Options
    thescarletmomthescarletmom member
    edited February 2023
    @kalesix3 it's terrible how basically every woman has a story, if not of assault, at minimum of someone making them deeply uncomfortable or harassing them. It has been so long now, and I've been through the therapy for PTSD, and at this point I'm grateful to feel more in control of that part of myself/my story. It doesn't ruin my day anymore to have it cross my mind, though it is still tender with every new pregnancy when the nurses/techs ask about my miscarriage history. Everybody's experiences and reactions are so unique and personal, I'm so glad your experience didn't seep into your pregnancies, there's nothing worse than having something beautiful and wonderful in your life ruined by past trauma. Hugs back to you 🩶
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @thescarletmom I don't think there's any response that can be considered abnormal after something so traumatic. The part that's abnormal is assaulting women. I'm sorry to know you both ( @kalesix3 ) have been in these terrible situations. It breaks my heart that most women can share a heart breaking story about being assaulted, harassed, made uncomfortable etc. Don't even get me started on the governing of our bodies!! 
  • Options
    @hitcj4687 you said it so well! All reactions are valid at this awful table. Of all the common ground to find, it'd depressing that it's abuse. I'm so sad for womankind. 

@thescarletmom isn't it awful? I'm so sorry, I can only the tenderness of bringing up your history. My heart aches for you. There is nothing worse than having things ruined for you, I know for me a lot of my trauma has manifested itself into a "I'll be absolutely damned before I let you take one more thing from me" attitude which pushes me to heal instead of disassociating which is how I used to cope with things.
    Gorgeous gorgeous girls are healing their wounded inner selves this year is my mantra 🥲 
  • Options
    thank you all for the kind words and support! I’m hoping to make a few changes this week, so I super appreciate the feedback☺️

@kalesix3 do it!!! Birth work is the best. It can be very emotional and exhausting, so you’ll definitely want to feel pretty secure in all of your own birth history, but it’s incredibly sacred and rewarding and fulfilling too! I have loved it so so much. And I personally think you’d be amazing! More trauma informed birth workers is never a bad thing IMO.

@thescarletmom I’m so heartbroken for you. I can’t imagine how difficult that must have been. Raising two girls has opened up a whole world or feminism I didn’t realize existed and I’m equal parts grateful to know now, and horrified that something so evil is so prevalent. Here’s for healing our inner child and raising children to be better than we are!
  • Options
    @bridgettetheboxer you are so amazing 🥰 thank you for the encouragement! I hope it works out for me and I know who to ask advice from if I ever need it! I was a support person for my best friend with her last birth and it was so sacred on a whole different level, I loved it! 
    Let us know how your changes help you feel better, I hope something clicks with a gym substitute 💛
  • Options
    my skin my skin on my neck and face is so dry it’s flaking. My usual moisturizer is just burning and nothing seems to be helping😭 this has never happened to me before… any suggestions?
  • Options
    @bridgettetheboxer I'd change up your product. I seem to have to every pregnancy ans post partum. Also slather aquaphor on before bed. Should help. I also use those exfoliating gloves and a body scrub when my skin starts acting like that. 
  • Options
    @bridgettetheboxer I've found skin that dry is from a lack of water/electrolytes so maybe upping that and then maybe a tallow based moisturizer with calendula? Or a heavier duty nipple balm? 
  • Options
    @bridgettetheboxer - same issue! I started using Shea Moisture shea, camomile and argon oil baby lotion everyday and it’s worked wonders! Would normally be too thick and greasy, but not lately, especially if I use it after my showers!
  • Options
    Thank you all for the suggestions!! Putting together an Amazon order now. Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    Oof, my tailbone! 

I broke my tailbone delivering my son, and it's been ok so far this pregnancy. But it's been really sore this week on my workdays. I commute 1.5 hours each way by car, which doesn't help.

Time to bust out the donut pillow!
  • Options
    @peyts228 that sounds horrible omg 😩 I broke my tailbone as a kid and it was no joke, I hope the donut pillow works wonders!