October 2023 Moms
Options

Cramping?

I’m 4 weeks and 1 today :) due date approx October 1st. 

I’ve been having mild, period like cramping (very generalized, not on one side)

Has anyone else been having this? They feel like normal period pains. I’m 2 days passed my missed period and have had 5 positive pregnancy tests lol I keep testing because I’m paranoid I’ll miscarry with these cramps.  

Re: Cramping?

• Options
    In order not to wind yourself up, just consult a doctor. Don't be afraid to ask questions. I am also an alarmist) It is always important for me to calm myself down.

• Options
    Congrats!! I have the exact same due date as you! I have been feeling cramps too thoughout. At first the cramps were pretty intense but now they are starting to lighten up. Plus feeling more symptoms like sore breasts, headaches and some fatigue. But I agree with the previous poster it is always good to consult with a doctor if you are unsure.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’m experiencing them too! I also experienced them with my first kid. They are common in first trimester
  • Options
    Congrats to you too!

I have no sore boobs at all… that kind of concerns me, because I know that’s a very common one argh… 
  • Options
    nica1623nica1623 Just Joined
    I'm 4 weeks today and I was having cramping today as well. It got pretty intense for a while and then lightened up. My second pregnancy I had early cramping as well
  • Options
    Ok same situation here. Conceived either on Jan 8 or 14, so also around 4 weeks? I got 2 positive pregnancy tests today and have had cramping for the past few days, but no bleeding/period. Fatigued for sure... went to bed by 7pm the past 2 nights. Sore boobs only started today. It's my first time ever seeing a positive pregnancy test and I can't help but be super excited!! I am going to call my ob to make an initial appt
  • Options
    I had the exact same experience today (exactly 4 weeks today!). So helpful to know others are going through this.
  • Options
    Cramping early on is really normal and could just be a sign of implantation and/or your uterus beginning to stretch! This my 3rd pregnancy and I've had cramping during weeks 4-6 every time. The uncertainty of the early weeks is so tough, hang in there! 
  • Options
    wll2622wll2622 member
    edited February 2023
    Congrats everyone :)
  • Options
    That makes me feel better! I’m due the 18th and currently have not so fun cramps, good to hear yours started to lighten up. About what week was that for you? Seems like most are getting symptoms at 6 weeks so I’m hoping within the next few days they’ll lighten up and I’ll just have different symptoms
  • Options
    I'm due Oct 12 and have had alot of cramps on my right side especially during weeks 4 and 5. Receptionist at the ob office says it's nothing to worry about as long as I don't have severe pain or spotting which I don't. I'm feeling discouraged by the lack of prenatal care that's being provided. I live in rural southern US so it may just be me, but has anyone else had zero care so far? I went to the health department for a confirmation and they confirmed by me saying I had a positive test. I filled out some paper work and was told I was done. No need to see a doctor. I'm now waiting for my first appointment at 9 weeks in mid march. The ob won't see me until then and she's the closest option I have ( an hour away). I havnt received any info on what to eat or avoid, meds to take, anything. Not even mention of needing a prenatal vitamin (which I'm taking anyway) . Is this yalls experience? It seems like an important time in baby's development to have no guidelines or directions other than From google.
  • Options
    mizzoumomma11mizzoumomma11 member
    edited February 2023
    Yeah, that's pretty similar to my experience, but my doctor's office does have a nurse's line, and I think I called a few times with my first pregnancy, to ask some questions like what you mentioned. They didn't have me come in for my first appointment until around 8 weeks. With my second baby and again this time with my third, I did do beta hcg testing, because I had an early MC between my first and second babies, so I was considered high risk. But I'm again in that waiting stage, for my first real appointment at 7.5 weeks.

Definitely call them if you want more info out of them--I'm sure the nurses wouldn't mind chatting with you!