August 2023 Moms

January Symptoms

124»

Re: January Symptoms

• @tumbleweed-1 I love this suggestion, my partner actually bought me a brand new blender as soon as we found out! Sadly, my daily smoothie ritual is on my aversion list 😭 I have just learned that my morning sickness creeps throughout the day so if I am able to shove down some protein first thing, it’s not as bad! 
  • edited January 2023
    @maineblueberry83023 can relate!! I’m a people nurse and those 12 hour shifts kick butt. I get my hours through 2 different jobs (ICU at one and ER/L&D/MedSurg at the other) which also means rotating schedules. I love the flexibility of the 12s but I get so sick on the evening parts of my shifts lately. And since I’m sick all night before work I’m coming in exhausted too which is really tough. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I’m 12w+1D and yay my bladder officially hates me 😑😑 anyone in my boat yet? 
  • @imn823 me! My work must think I am lazy sneaking to the bathroom every hour (I did have kidney stones and a bladder infection so they probably think I have issues) 

also incredibly irritated almost 24/7 

and so tired I need a nap but work won’t let me 😔
  • I’m not complaining because it is reassuring to feel so many symptoms but wow! My nausea has cranked up a ton today. I coughed this morning and nearly vomited. I feel like I’m just sitting here on the verge of it. I could barely tolerate my coffee this morning and I wasn’t able to eat much at all for breakfast. Im about to have to go fix lunch for the kids and I’m dreading it. 

My dog is extra needy this morning and his breath is so nasty. So he is all up in my lap wanting to snuggle. So gross. 
  • I’m 8w4d today. AMA FTM. Weeks 4-7 I had very normal appetite and no morning sickness. Symptoms were fatigue, frequent urination, mild cramps, tender breasts and pretty bad lower back pain. US last week at 7w4d and baby had a strong heart beat. Towards the end of week 7 I started feeling nauseous throughout the day, and gagging at the smell and sights of various foods, especially raw meat. My breasts stopped being as sore through. Then yesterday the nausea went away too. No more back pain also. I have been trying to tell myself to stay calm and be positive, but it’s hard especially seeing posts about missed miscarriages that get discovered at week 12 and babies stop growing at week 8. Am I overthinking? Has anyone else experienced a sudden change / easing of symptoms at around the same time? 
  • @chilok yup. I'm 11w today and aside from wanting nothing more than sweet spicy chili Doritos, I basically have no symptoms and they seemed to have cleared entirely around week 8-9. I barely had symptoms with my daughter either so I'm just rolling with it this time. They can come and go, where today you feel fine and tomorrow you find yourself yarfing all day. Try not to sweat it too much. Baby just might be taking it easy on you!
  • This has been the strangest pregnancy with symptoms for me. Yesterday I was so sick, today I’m absolutely fine. Who knows what tomorrow will bring. It’s like I’m cycling through and any given day my symptoms are just different. Zero consistency. 
  • @chilok I didn't have any symptoms with my 1st pregnancy and really none with this one. I had a little bit of fatigue in the beginning and then it pretty much disappeared 2 weeks ago. No tenderness, no nausea, no pain. It definitely gets in your head a little bit, but everyone is different. I've had two u/s with strong heartbeats so my OB told me to essentially calm down lol.
  • Today has been really rough. I came really close to vomiting this morning. I haven’t gotten any relief from the nausea all day. Not even eating has helped. Yesterday I felt mostly normal and the two days before that were bad. I’m 10 weeks. I’m so ready to be in the second trimester. 
  • @emeraldcity603 I’m sorry! Mine comes and goes too. I was feeling a bit better earlier last week and then worse again. Yesterday I just wanted to cry but we had things to do all day. Finger crossed tomorrow is a better day. Almost to 2nd tri…so close! 
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • I have discovered that eating oranges helps me feel somewhat normal as far as morning sickness goes! I have almost finished off a 5lb bag this weekend. I don’t normally like oranges and in fact cried when I said I was going to have an orange and SO reminded me that I don’t like oranges😂 since then I’ve eaten many oranges
  • today I started gagging/dry heaving in the kitchen again. Will be 12w tomorrow and I really thought I was pastthis!
  • @ccmrc143 it happens to the best of us. I am almost 14 weeks and I had a moment today of dry heaving and gagging too. Doesn’t happen everyday but still I thought it would completely diminish! 
  • I tried to take my prenatal vitamins this evening and I nearly vomited them back up. I took them on an empty stomach but then sat down to eat so I figured I would be ok. I guess I need to eat a full meal before trying to take them again. I haven’t had this issue until this week. 
  • Currently in a fun game of roulette. Is this ramped up pregnancy nausea or my turn with the stomach bug? Feeling like garbage this morning.
  • Welp, it’s the stomach bug. 
  • @gingermama29 oh noooo  :s Stomach bugs are the worst and being pregnant on top of it, ugh. I'm so sorry. I hope it's a short 24 hour bug.
  • @gingermama29 I hope it’s a short virus. I’m so sorry you weren’t spared. 

@cherrystorming when I had the flu I was coughing so hard I was peeing myself. I was coughing until I dry heaved. So I wore a pad. Now since I’m on progesterone suppositories I have been wearing a pad because they ruined my clothes last time. I’m sick of pads. I counted last night and I have 2 weeks and 5 days worth left and then I’m done. 
  • Ugh I’m so sorry @gingermama29 I hope it’s quick and not too terrible! 

this morning I started cramping and I’m not sure if it’s scary, or GI-related, or maybe even round ligament related. It just feels tight which I guess is scary. I called the nurses because I’m so anxious. I know abdominal cramping is normal but at 12w I’m like…is it?? No bleeding or anything.

• @ccmrc143 I have random cramps and pain here and there. It’s nerve wracking. I try to drink more water and rest when I feel it. 
  • @gingermama29 oh no, we went through the same thing. Ours was a 24 hour bug, hope it's short for you too. Not fun to be that sick while pregnant. 
  • @wendy838 ughhhh yeah 10/10 would not recommend. 
  • @gingermama29 ugh! That sucks, so sorry. 
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • @gingermama29 I hope it’s only a 24hr thing and that it passes quickly! Stomach bugs suck.

@cherrystorming I tend to pee when throwing up and always have. I keep a bowl in the bathroom so that if I haven’t peed in a while I’ll go pee and start throwing up in the bowl then finish in the toilet once I’m done peeing and obviously flush between lol
  • @gingermama29 oh nooooo. I'm so sorry! That sounds miserable. I hope the fluids help flush it quickly.

@cherrystorming I threw up last week (not pregnancy, just apparently had some bad Chinese food) and 100% pissed all over the floor as I yarfed. Not my finest moment but really glad I was solo for that part.
  • You guys are all making me feel so much better hahaha
  • I can barely make it through the kids’ bedtime routines, I am so exhausted. So then I crawl into bed and end up laying here for hours before I can finally fall asleep.

Also, the tinnitus is driving me up the wall.
  • @pickle-chips YES, the combo of exhaustion and insomnia has been wrecking me the last few weeks.