Trying to Get Pregnant

OPK Help Thread

Re: OPK Help Thread

• bexxlynnbexxlynn Just Joined
    I got a positive ovulation test today. Had sex earlier without knowing I'm ovulating. Had sex at around 3. Took my test around 6. Clear blue digi. Smiley face present
  • What do you think? wondering if I just missed a super strong peak yesterday afternoon? Hard to pee on things in the afternoon bc I pee so often.  😅

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Loading the player...
  • @wanderlustsoul i'm gonna say that you got your peak sometime yesterday. everyone is different, but i rarely got an OPK positive that looked much darker than that.
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.
  • This was my OPKs from My last cycle so usually darker is what I’m used to. Only time will tell. Ugh I hate opk testing. I hate it all. 

• @wanderlustsoul I think that looks good for a peak OPK! You might have just missed the actual “peak” moment, but you clearly had a rise and fall of LH. Like @optimistgardener said, I usually don’t get one much darker than that (but I also only test once a day). I just go by the first test that is as dark or darker than the control. 
  • Thank you for your input! It’s so helpful!

• ellebelle0808ellebelle0808 Newbie
    edited December 2022
    ❤️
  • Ok. I got cleared from both the clinic I went to yesterday and my midwife that once I'm of pelvic rest, we can start trying (1-2 weeks depending on how I feel). 

I'm bad and tend to rely on apps to figure when to start testing opks but of course they are all off right now. 

My cycles are short (24-26 days). Do you all have any suggestions on what CD I should start testing? 

I don't temp cuz im up quite a bit at night so temping doesn't make sense. 
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • @stashattack I’m still figuring out my cycle and started CD8. I’ve heard a general consensus of CD10 though
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• @stashattack They say 14 days from when your period starts, which on the earlier side would be CD 10 for you. But to be safe, for you first few cycles, I'd start the day after your period ends, just in case you're a super early O'er.
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Thanks @bearmomma1 and @AmMcc12! This is helpful!

• What sick joke is this. I have 4 days left of pelvic rest. I tested because my bleeding stopped to get a base line. 
  • @stashattack arg this must be confusing. If you still have HCG in your system, your LH strips might be super positive. Have you tested out the HCG yet? It can stay in your system for a while even after your mc/period.
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• @bearmomma1 I tested this morning and I still had a line on my hcg strips. I wondered if that might be the case. I'll give it a bit. Thank you for the insight and talking me off a cliff 🙃
  • *lurking* TW LOSS/MC/D&C
    @stashattack not to give you more worry, but I went through actual hell last year. It is possible that you still have retained tissue from your d&c. I would ask your provider for a beta draw. My 3rd miscarriage was really early, and even though I bled for 6 days my HCG still wasn’t dropping after many weeks. My HCG a couple days before the D&C was 17, the day after the D&C was 3. There are other women where depending on how far along it takes quite some time for HCG to drop. I did not test out my HCG from my 9w MMC, but my provider has the school of thought to wait a cycle after a loss.
  • @anniemarie887 I'm sorry you went through that. I can imagine what that was like. TW LC I went through a retained tissue scare with my birth. 

I double checked with the Dr at the loss clinic and my midwife and they both said I didn't have to wait until my next AF to start. 

I can ask about doing betas to see if I level out to 0. I just hope they will let me do it closer to home. I don't wanna go out to the city over an hour away just for blood draws. 
  • @stashattack I agree with @anniemarie887 I think you’re probably picking up HCG. I had some retained tissue after my D&C and it took 35 days for my HCG to go below 5. Even if you don’t do lab draws, it would be worth taking a HPT periodically if you are going to TTC again right away, just to be sure you are back to 0, other wise it might be hard to tell a new pregnancy from old HCG still in your system. 
  • @maggiemadeit that was definitely the plan to use HPTs to see if my levels go down!
  • @stashattack

lurking - with my 2nd miscarriage, I did weekly hcg tests to confirm going down and until it got to 0. Even with the early loss (6 weeks), it took 2.5 weeks. 

• Help! Was yesterday really peak? It doesn’t seem as dark as control. Pic in spoiler

DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• @AmMcc12 I’m going to vote no! I think that was a mis-read by the app, maybe because the control line was slightly jaded. Keep testing!
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN

• i also vote no @ammcc12.
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
  • @bearmomma1 & @optimistgardener thank you ladies! I was thinking that it read the skip in the control and that was causing the false read as well. 
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• @AmMcc12 call me old-fashioned, but i think eyeballing an OPK is just as good as using an app to read a test. i've never used one of those apps so... I don't really have a comparison here. But in my experience of reading my own tests and of looking at other people's tests posted here, I think human eyes do pretty well in this game. We just gotta learn to trust our own impressions.
    History
  • @optimistgardener I’m newer to OPK so I was hoping it would help but thinking now it’s just a place to store all in one place. 
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Ok. Back again. Todays HPT was a BFN so I decided to take an OPK today. And it's blazing positive. Should I trust it? It would make sense and I should ovulate based on my cycle today or tomorrow?

just wanted to get y'all opinions. 

Ps ignore the bleach mess. I still need to clean up from my hair bleaching escape yesterday 😹

• @stashattack It feels weird to say it, but congratulations on the negative HPT. I got a positive OPK four days after my HCG went below 5, and then ovulated 2 days later, so it’s definitely possible! 
  • @maggiemadeit it definitely feels weird to be somewhat relieved to see a negative test at home right now. But I'll take it. I'll test keep testing with these to make sure they aren't blazing positive for too long. 
  • *lurking*
    @stashattack I think my HCG was closer to 25 (or higher?) when I had randomly tested an OPK (around the CD I'd normally ovulate) and got a positive. It was accurate as I had my typical LP after that OPK. You can definitely ovulate before you're officially not pregnant following a MC.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 thanks for the reassurance!! I appreciate it 🥰
  • Hello,

New. Can't figure out how to post.

Male. Out of 7 year relationship. Ex-wife couldn't get Pregnant. Ended marriage. I was blamed. Test revealed very high sperm mobility rate and quality. She was on birth control ages 15-33. I blamed this as the reason but won't go into details.

I'm now almost 45. With no wife/family/children. It is sitting on my head like a weight with a screaming albatross.

She is gone and now I'm stuck. I'm trying online dating after 11 years never using it and having major problems. Could someone that knows more than me about online dating, please tell me where there is a specific trusted reliable website with a solid reputation for couples who only want marriage and children as fast as possible .The entire purpose of the dating is to be honest up front. No one night stands. No hook ups. No "dating". No swiping.

I'm 45. There is no time to waste. I need a website with people who are only serious about making a family as me - as soon as possible.

At 45 with no kids; I'm thinking it's too late. Sometimes I think I should just kill myself. Really. Because without without a family and heirs everything I did feels like it was for nothing. I have good genetics. Tested high IQ. Scored high in abstract spatial thinking etc. Good family history. Almost everyone in my family has light eyes. I don't have any short genes for men. No offense to shorter guys, but women online seem to always be looking for tall guys. No offense. And everyone in my history has lived into 80's 90s even with abusing body with laziness, alcohol, smoking. I have no allergies and no surgeries. If I was born 2000 years ago, chances are I would have lived past age 30.

That's just the DNA of it. I also am a good person (I'm told) with a good personality. Most people seem to like me.

If anyone knows a good resource for people who just want to cut to the point and get married and have a family ASAP please let me know. Thanks.
  • Dude. You posted in a trying to get pregnant forum on a ovulation prediction kit help thread... I think you need more help if you think this is an appropriate place to ask for dating advice... 
  • *lurking*
    No, you can't have @optimistgardener
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • lol @inthewoods23 thanks for thinking of me
    History

• Now I'm wondering if I had a second surge and didn't. Or if the first one wasn't really a surge. Cuz this looks like another trail off. Ugh this is frustrating. Bah.  Maybe I did ovulate like a week later than normal? I kinda wish I had kept training my lh the last 2 weeks
  • @anitadavidson Who are you even talking to?
  • So I’m curious what you all think about these OPK. I usually get 2 days of + but this one is a little bit confusing me.

Top is 2 days ago, middle is yesterday, and bottom is this morning. The Proov app said that yesterday was positive, but today is clearly much darker. What do you think, was yesterday really positive? Would you mark yesterday or today as peak?

• Today is peak for sure. Keep testing just to double check, I'd test again this evening and tomorrow to watch it go back down.
  • Thanks @bserena! I got confused because my RE said to start progesterone 3 days after the first positive OPK, and then I got all in my head about getting the timing just right and which one was really positive. I appreciate your eyes on the situation! 

It was already less positive last night and negative this morning, and our timing was good, so here’s hoping 🤞🏼