August 2023 Moms
Options

Introduce Yourself Here!

Re: Introduce Yourself Here!

• Options
    @stashattack I was thinking the same thing lol. All I want is to live on 40acres with some chickens, a milk cow, a pig, and a donkey😂
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hello! 32, already have an 8-year-old son. 

Due date? 8/31

How did you find out? We have been trying for a few months now without success. I took a test, got in the shower without looking at it, and was surprised to see a positive when I got out! Found out yesterday.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): I have an 8 year old son. He is excited to be a big brother. I work with babies and toddlers with developmental delays. I love it! My boyfriend (hopefully fiance in the near future!) And I have been together for a little over a year. This will be his first child, and he's so excited! 

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)? My breasts hurt, frequent headaches, I'm bloated, nauseous (but not bad), and cramping. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Due date? 8/23 

How did you find out? Wasn’t feeling well. My husband was going through the baby gear that I was donating and asked why I was getting rid of it. Triggered my “omg I’m late” response, so I tested and boom! No need to donate the stuff yet!

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): I’m 37 and my husband is 39, we’ve been together over 15 years. We have two daughters almost 4 here shortly and almost 9! I own a mental health practice and run marathons for fun. We spend most of our time supporting our oldest who does competitive dance. So we travel together a lot. We also just adopted two kittens; already had one cat. Thought we were done having kiddos 🤷🏻‍♀️😂

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)? Not bad compared to my previous two pregnancies. Bloated for sure and on and off nausea but not bad. 
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options
    @tiamariedeshong same. I’m waiting for the shoe to drop still. I was pretty sick and nauseous all through first tri with both my girls. So far it comes and goes or I forget I’m even pregnant. Maybe this time is different 🤞🏼 
  • Options
    nicole_j2323nicole_j2323 member
    edited December 2022
    Introduce yourself:

Due date? 8/23

How did you find out? I took a pregnancy test 6 days before my expected period as my partner and I had been trying. And then took two more!

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): I have an amazing partner and we have been together for 2.5 years and have two small dogs. I’m a legal assistant and enjoy reading, knitting, playing board games, gardening, and spending time with friends/family.

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)? I’m feeling a bit anxious. I had miscarriage in February so I am hoping all will go smoothly this time. My family (who are all incredibly supportive) lives 6 hours away and I am missing them more than usual! No nausea (yet), feeling a bit tired though and some mild cramping.
  • Options
    Introduce yourself:hey I’m Kisha 

Due date?8/24

How did you find out?was working and playing with my belly and seen the dark line going down my belly , went to the store took a test and boom !🫤didn’t think I could have any more kids due to my last pregnancy 4 years ago being ectopic and me loosing one tube but I’m here and scared 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? I have my own business in fashion and I instacart for a lot of a extra money , I have a 19 year old and a 10 year old . Yeah yeah all my kids are 10 years apart .

.Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?):I love resting , eating watching tv shows , I love fashion and yes I am with my soon to be husband  

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)?im drained and too sensitive honestly .. and I been constipated and having a little bit of peach red when I wipe but I heard it was normal also a little cramping 

• Options
    Due date - 8/25

How did you find out? My period was due and my temp spiked so I figured I would take a test even though I knew the chances of me being pregnant were slim (the only day we had sex in my FW was O-5)

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): I have a stepdaughter who is 9, two miniature weiner dogs, 13 chickens, one turkey and a partridge in a pear tree (not really the last one). Getting married in June, (not the best timing on this pregnancy AT ALL but it wasn’t planned…). I am in pharmaceutical data sales for a living and we are a big outdoorsy kind of family so we like to hike, fish, hunt, those types of things. 

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)? Physically I am feeling fine. My boobs are getting heavy and they hurt. Other than that, no other symptoms yet. Emotionally is a different story. Trigger warning, I had a miscarriage back in August at 8wks and 3days and we decided we were going to try to avoid until our wedding in June. Three months later, here we are very unexpectedly since I thought we were in the clear. I’m staying realistic knowing that there is still a chance that I may miscarry, so I don’t think it’s sunk in yet. 
    Married since 10/2011
    TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Dx: No Sperm Count

History:
    Referred to RE after SA results
    HSG, bloodwork, and U/S all good
    3 Non-Medicated IUIs + 1 Clomid IUI w/ Trigger = All BFNs

Today:
    Dr says 2 more Clomid IUIs until we move to IVF

Our Fur-baby Shelby

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    edited December 2022
    @runningyogimama We also live in the middle of nowhere!! We have 10 acres now but my fiancé wants to buy another 30 this spring if we can find something. Fingers crossed!!
    Married since 10/2011
    TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Dx: No Sperm Count

History:
    Referred to RE after SA results
    HSG, bloodwork, and U/S all good
    3 Non-Medicated IUIs + 1 Clomid IUI w/ Trigger = All BFNs

Today:
    Dr says 2 more Clomid IUIs until we move to IVF

Our Fur-baby Shelby

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    I hope this time is different for both of us!
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Introduce yourself:

Due date?
    August 31st

How did you find out?
    I took a test on the first day of my missed period and saw a very faint line. I went to get an early detection and the line was much more visible.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?):

35, first pregnancy, got engaged and found out I was pregnant within 2 days of each other. Living with my fiancé and our dog in Maine. I’m a special education teacher and I’ve been dreaming of being a mom for as long as I can remember.

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)?
    Ive been a little crampy, especially after I eat. I also have a hard time sleeping and take melatonin but since I can’t drink my bedtime tea anymore I’ve had a few nights of minimal sleep. Otherwise, I feel good!
  • Options
    Hi @knottief3337fa31611e87b and welcome! Please consider changing your username so it’s easier to get to know you! How exciting about getting engaged and finding out you’re pregnant within 2 days of each other! And yay for another teacher here!
  • Options
    lilyrnlilyrn member
    edited December 2022
    Introduce yourself: Hi! I'm Lily, 23-year-old FTM

Due date? Aug 16, 2023

How did you find out? In a physical examination…

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): I'm currently not living with my husband so I'm living alone. I started to work as a researcher this September and a high school teacher as a part-time job. I like riding a bike before I get pregnant and I don't know if I can cycle now.

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)? In fact I've been feeling lonely from time to time since my husband went to another country to make a living. So, I want to make some friends here.
  • Options
    Hi!

Due Date 8/6

How did I find out: We had been trying for over a year after a loss in early 2020 but had fully given up. Didn’t notice I was late until a week after my period was due. Told my husband I was going to take a test, we both had a laugh about it and then REALLY had a laugh about it when it was positive!

About me: FTM at 40. And terrified about making it to 12 weeks. Found a terminal genetic disorder with previous pregnancy so we are holding our breath until then.

How am I feeling: Exhausted! Nauseous when I need to eat. Sleeping like garbage. But otherwise ok lol.
  • Options
    Introduce yourself:

Due date? 8/28

How did you find out? Tested 10DPO and saw the light second line, but it was crooked, not where it should be so I took a second and had another light second line. Surprised my boyfriend with the tests when I came back from the gym along with his nameday gift (he’s Greek, they celebrate name days). He was so excited but scared to be excited. Two days later I took the digital so we could see the co formed yes.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): I have a 5-year-old cat. I work in finance but write and wedding plan on the side. I like to workout and run, though my doctor has told me not to lift over 11lbs at the moment. Hopefully that doesn’t last forever. I’ve been with my boyfriend for 3 years and we’re both so excited to be on this journey.

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)? Excited but nervous at times. We want this so badly and we’re eager to be able to tell people. I want to get to a safe point in my pregnancy so my boyfriend can relax and be excited.
  • Options
    Due date? August 7

How did you find out? Took two tests after my period was late. We've been very lazily trying for about 7-8 months

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): I have a wonderful 5yo, who is a very sweet and caring little boy (he's pretty excited to be a big brother). My husband and I have celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary this November. He's American and I'm originally from Russia, we live in WA. I work in IT consulting.

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)? Meh, just tired and some breast tenderness here and there. I hardly had any symptoms with my first in the first trimester as well so hopefully this continues with this one. Didn't even throw up once. Lol. Bummed about cutting caffeine consumption because I have a pretty low blood pressure generally.
  • Options
    I’m Becca, mother of a 6.5 year old boy and almost 4 year old girl. I’m a  former teacher, who left the profession in 2021 (for obvious reasons). I homeschool my kids now and tutor high school and middle school math at a local charter school for some extra cash. 

I’m close to 5w4d pregnant…I think. I took a test at 4w2d bc my periods just didn’t start and I’d been crying for days and dealing with uncontrollable mood swings.

My first appointment is mid-January. 

I’m struggling with telling people around me that I’m pregnant…again. My sister and two friends have struggled to get pregnant for years and my husband and I don’t even have to “try”. It makes for really hard conversations. 
  • Options
    Helloooo, I thought I’d retired my bump handle, but here we are!

Due date? August 26

How did you find out? I had a feeling, honestly the first time I’ve had a *feeling*, and so I tested. It was a very big surprise. 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): I have three kiddos (5, 4, and 1). I enjoy hiking, sewing, reading, board games, video games and I’m starting tap dance classes in January! Oh, I also love tarot and oracle decks✨. MH and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary in October.

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)? Not really any symptoms. Emotionally up and down. *TW* I had a loss before falling pregnant with my youngest *end TW*. I’m especially nervous as I was actually on birth control (mini pill), but I am trying really hard not to borrow trouble. We were not planning on growing our family (my husband actually had the ✂️ four days after my BFP—it was a rescheduled appointment from November 🙃). I haven’t told any family or friends yet and I’m really anxious about it for all reasons above.
  • Options
    kaf1227kaf1227 member
    edited December 2022
    Introduce yourself: Hi! I’m Kait. 34 years old, FTM

Due date? 8/12

How did you find out? Found out on the last day of our honeymoon! I knew the timing might line up, so I took a test early thinking it would be fun to tell my husband on our trip! 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): No other kids or pets. My husband and I live in a one bedroom apartment in NJ, so need to move sometime this Spring! Hoping to buy a house. 

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)? Tired, but otherwise pretty good. Feeling anxious about the next couple weeks, hoping all the appointments go well. We told immediately family over Christmas and everyone was very excited! Just hoping my MIL can keep this secret, she is a talker. 
  • Options
    @pickle-chips your name looks super familiar. Were you in the Aug 21 BMB? Unfortunately I was only there very briefly.
  • Options
    @gingermama29 I was and I had lurked/timidly participated in TTGP before that as well. I recognized your name too. I hope that this pregnancy is your rainbow 💗.
  • Options
    Introduce yourself:

Due date? 8/7

How did you find out?
    Took a test (actually two test) 4 days after my missed period. Had HCG test the next day to confirm.

Tell us about yourself:
    I’m 40 & prayerfully this will be my first child. I suffered a blighted ovum in 2014. I live in the DC metro area and work in finance for the government. Right now it’s just me, but hopefully dad will come around. I love to travel and enjoy being on the water.

Constant nausea, headaches here and there, sore breast, super sensitive nose, slight cramping which has slowed down thankfully, and EXTREME fatigue. Emotionally, I’m excited but also nervous.
  • Options
    @pickle-chips that’s the first thing we did when we found out about this one (third), we scheduled the snip. No more little surprises after this one. 😂
  • Options
    @racheln66 what level of athletics is your husband at? Mine was a D1 college basketball coach for nine years (the first seven of our relationship/marriage) but the staff got let go three months before our daughter was born, and then covid sent the whole coaching carousel sideways. So now he just volunteers with a HS team while working for a sports tech company (biding his time to get back into the college game I think, God help us).
  • Options
    Hi! Not sure if I’m doing this correctly…
    Introduce yourself:Mari, 30

Due date? 8/20

How did you find out? Like 5 pregnancy tests later. We had an inkling we were pregnant based on my symptoms.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): this will be the first, fingers crossed! I have a border collie mix at home, and the bf as well. I’m a homebody nowadays, so we’ll see what adventures we go on before baby.

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)? Emotionally all over the place, my breasts are very tender some days more than others and I have cramping at night. Otherwise some smells are pretty pungent but no sickness as of yet.
  • Options
    Introduce yourself: hi! Hoping for a rainbow baby after miscarrying this summer!

Due date? 8/16

How did you find out? Kept taking early pregnancy tests until I believed them :)

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): 34 yo and this would be our first child. My husband and I both work remotely and just moved to Portland, Maine. We lived in an Airstream traveling the US and Canada for a year and found out that we were pregnant for the first time while on the road. I miscarried in Canada and didn’t have access to healthcare this summer. It was a nightmare but it made us want to settle down and try again which is why we are so relieved that we are pregnant now that we own a home. I think that I might have caused my first miscarriage because I went on a very challenging hike and got dehydrated. This time around I am very scared and won’t work out. I love to do spin classes but I don’t trust my body anymore. I currently have COVID so my first ultrasound appointment got rescheduled. Im anxiously awaiting this appointment to talk to a doctor about the viability of the baby and to see if I can workout again.

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)? I don’t really have any symptoms which concerns me. My boobs are always sore and I have occasional cramping. One night I had a dream about raw meat and I woke up gagging. It was the greatest feeling ever because I felt pregnant! Any words of encouragement are VERY appreciated!
  • Options
    Introduce yourself: Hello, hoping this little one will complete our family

Due date? 8/27

How did you find out? 
    Took a test the day before my period was due as I felt super nauseous and my boobs hurt. 

Tell us about yourself: 
    I’m 31 and this will be my second big sister is 7 soon to be 8. Me and my partner (big sis and babes dad) had her early in our relationship and decided to wait till we were more ready to have a second. We realized there is no perfect timing so decided now is time for baby number 2. I currently work for a body shop working as a csr. I am going to go for my insurance agent license well off and hopefully switch careers when my maternity leave is up. My partner owns a truck accessory company. 

Nausea off and on but on more then off. Fatigue like a brick wall and sore breast. Oh and cystic acne 
  • Options
    Introduce yourself:

Due date?
    My unofficial due date is August 28, 2023

How did you find out?
    I started testing really early, I couldn’t wait so I found out at 4 weeks and confirmed with a test at a doc appointment. My first appointment with my OB is 1/16

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?):
    This is my first pregnancy and I have a 1 year old mini labradoodle named Bubbles. I work from home as a data analyst. I like to play video games, exercise, cook, and hang with fam/friends in my free time. I do all of that with my husband of 3 years.

I just feel exhausted all the time. Boobs are super sore. I cry a lot. Thankfully, I have not experience much nausea yet. If I do, eating something has made me feel better.

So happy to be here and meet everyone 😊
  • Options
    Introduce yourself:

Due date? 8/2

How did you find out? I had a chemical pregnancy in October so I just made myself wait until I had passed the point in that pregnancy and then I tested and it was positive!

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): I have a daughter that is about to turn 2  :'( and she's one of my favorite people in the world. We just got a puppy in September and it's super cute to watch them grow up together, but they're a handful! We have two cats as well. I work in healthcare finance and I'm hybrid so I'm lucky to be at home most of the time. My husband is a majority remote as well. I love to workout, read, play with my daughter and pets and travel when we can. I'll be 38 more than likely when I have this baby (due date is one day before my birthday). I'm one of those moms who chose to be geriatric on purpose lol. I love it though. I feel so much more present and ready to be a mom now that we were able to have so much time together with just us before kids.

How are you feeling (Any symptoms, emotionally)? I don't really have many symptoms at all which is similar to my first pregnancy. Mainly just fatigue. I'm usually wiped by the time I get my daughter in the bed at night. We had our first appointment on 12/22 and were able to announce to our family on Christmas day, which was fun. Our next appt is Jan 16th.
  • Options
    @ki1244 He’s at the D2 level right now but would love to go D1 eventually. He’s working softball this spring which means he’ll be traveling all over the US during my second trimester… not looking forward to that part of the job. 
  • Options
    Introduce yourself:

Due date? 8/4

How did you find out?
    I was very stressed at work so I thought my period was late because of that. When I was over 7 days late I took a test. I've already had my first appointment (too early) and have my Nuchal and Ultrasounds scheduled for later this month

I am 36 and have been with my husband since highschool (so 18 years together, married for 3 - we like to take our time). This is our first baby and it wasn't planned, but also not unexpected if you know what I mean. We both work from home and have a dog and a cat. We are both very active and take annual trips to camp, mountain bike and hike. I also strength train regularly which I hear is good for the baby. We have a great support system within both our families so I am looking forward to telling more people the good news.

I am very nervous. Strictly due to my age, and being my first, I am considered higher risk. I'm the type of person that wants to know everything right away, so I am looking forward too my next appointments to ease some of my anxieties. I am nauseous in the mornings and before dinner, but my food aversions have eased up lately. And now that I'm eating normally again I have more energy.

I'm excited too be on this journey with all of you ❤️
  • Options
    @sarah1sttimer you should join us in the PGAL thread. There are several of us pregnant after a loss and you can get lots of support there. 
  • Options
    @allstoc

dont be scared! I’m 37 and I’m going to be a first time mom too. We can go through this journey together! 
  • Options
    There's a First time mom (ftm) monthly check in that I bumped up and a monthly advance maternal age check in as well for you all to ask questions and get some great advice if you would like 🥰
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • Options
    @racheln66 saw your post! i am actually an athletic trainer too! softball is def a lot of travel… i was D1 level previously with softball but when I wanted to start having a family, I went to the high school setting and love it!! It was better pay and less work days required and no travel!
  • Options
    Introduce yourself:

Due date? 
    9/1. I’m not sure if I’ll have a repeat c-section planned for earlier, so I’m going to hang out here and the Sept BMB if y’all are okay with it :)

How did you find out? 
    My friend kept telling me I was pregnant after a ladies night because I was having horrible hot flashes. So I tested the next day and had a strong positive. 

This is my 2nd, I’m AMA this time around. Married for 10 years and work in the medical field. I enjoy reading in what spare time I can find and practicing martial arts. 

Feeling pretty well so far but expect that to change soon since I just hit 6 weeks. My breasts are SO tender, I’m bloated, gassy, and fatigued. But nothing too bad.