Health & Exercise

What makes you healthier?

I feel like I struggle to stay healthy - I'm always eating the wrong thing or not exercising like I should. But I wanted to share this article on other ways to be healthier too: https://wholeandhappyliving.com/2018/01/21/10-little-known-ways-to-improve-your-health-and-be-happy/ What are some other ways that you all improve your health? 

Re: What makes you healthier?

• I've been trying to follow this "12 Months to a Healthier Life" guide: https://www.beachbodyondemand.com/blog/12-months-to-a-healthier-life

I'm in generally good shape, but I still have trouble falling into old habits like snacking on sweets. I'm hoping that be taking things one month at a time I'll be able to form some new habits vs. trying to cold turkey on all bad ones at once.
  • Literally, "eating for two" :) In my diet I always include eggs, dairy products, nuts, fruit and foods with iron. I stock up lean meats, fortified cereals, and spinach. Improving our diet means enhancing our baby's health. As much as possible I get as much as sleep as possible for the general health of my little one.
  • Loading the player...
  • Maintaining a healthy diet is a good way to stay healthier.
  • kostenannkostenann member
    edited April 2021
    My lovely tip is to get a healthy food to "binge on" one that you like, keep a meal planner. Last night I filled a plate with baby carrots, strawberries and a handful of raw almonds and had a glass of milk. And while I went over calories, I could feel good about not binging on junk, it was less calories than it would have been, and I felt satisfied.
  • I'm on intermittent fasting and try to exercise every day.
  • eating in pairs  Eggs, dairy products, nuts, fruit, and foods containing iron are always a part of my diet. 
    load up on spinach, lean meats, and fortified cereals. Enhancing our nutrition will benefit the health of our unborn child. 

• Eating healthy
    Getting lots of sleep
    Running and Weight Training
    Yoga for my mental health
    Journalling
  • Move makes ppl healthier. 
  • debbieredebbiere member
    edited December 2022
    What makes me healthy, first of all, is a healthy sleep! If I don't get enough sleep, the whole day will go badly. Then I try to be physically active during the day - walking, riding a bike, it is great, even just cleaning the house  with music.
    I'm not doing very well with proper nutrition yet, because there is so much delicious food in the world, and I can't stop eating it but try it. So I try to stay in a calorie deficit to at least not gain weight.
  • fresh air, clean water and healthy food
  • edited January 29
    I do diets a lot and detoxes. Also gym helps me stay healthy. But you know what's been a game-changer? Incorporating turmeric and cinnamon into my routine. They're like little health boosters that keep me feeling great. Check out this article for more insights:https://betterme.world/articles/turmeric-and-cinnamon/. It is really a good one to try!