Questions:

GTKY: What's your favorite book? 

Re: Weekly Check-in 12/19

• EDD / Weeks + Days: 26+2

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Baby is the size of a(n): VHS tape

Team blue/pink/green: Green

Upcoming Appointments: early January for 28 week check and glucose screen

How are you feeling?: VERY sore. Full on pelvic girdle pain. Nightly heartburn. Officially getting hit with third tri symptoms a little early. I waddle a lot. Also feel huge and can’t bend over without tons of grunting. 

Rants/Raves: I have so much crap to do yet for Christmas but happy we aren’t doing big family gatherings this year and keeping it low key and staying mostly home. 

Questions: Anyone else feeling a sudden urge to buy stuff? I’ve bought a lot of the essential stuff we needed on holiday sales but now I’m freaking out that we need baby clothes NOW even though we have lots of time yet. I’m trying to calm myself and wait to hit second hand stores until the new year. 

The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
  • miss_lynn9miss_lynn9 member
    edited December 2022
    EDD / Weeks + Days: March 19 27w1d

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Baby is the size of a(n): some type of lettuce 

Team blue/pink/green: girl! 

Upcoming Appointments: Chiro today, midwife group class and check tomorrow, 3rd trimester Naturopath appointment on Wednesday.

How are you feeling?: Tired. My daughter has been sick so I haven't been sleeping and I got my iron tested and it's LOW so I'm on a higher dose of iron. I'm hoping that will help with all those symptoms soon. My hips are so sore and my legs feel like their going to fall out of their sockets. So much fun. 

Rants/Raves: rave: the speaker on my phone blew out a couple months ago. It's been annoying because the only way I can make calls is to put them on speaker but they're very quiet. I finally got a new phone! 

Questions: none 

11/22/63 my Stephen King 

@wishili@Wishilivedinflorida yes!! I started panicking in bed last night realizing that I have exactly 3 months until my due date. I'm trying so hard not to buy things. And I need to start doing all the research again because I forgot everything lol. 
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 28w4d/ March 9

Baby is the size of a(n): eggplant 

Team blue/pink/green: pink

Upcoming Appointments: midwife appt this week

How are you feeling?: belly feels so heavy- most days I’m still feeling pretty good but in the evenings I start to feel just heavier and my calves and legs are fatigued, which is remarkable given how little I stand or move during the day 😅

Rants/Raves: Rant: I am feeling the anxiety of “only so many weeks left before baby” with respect to work. I just feel like I’ve so much to move through and do and time is dwindling quickly. Rave: just a four more working days until holiday break and then 10 glorious days off. Holy shit my brain and body need this! 

Questions: Yes- I keep getting an urge to buy things, when in reality we need like one additional thing. So maybe it’s just my tendency to binge shop..can I blame that on pregnancy? 

Oh I love The Nightengale by Kristin Hannah. Beautiful writing and story. If you like WW2 era historical fiction, I recommend it! 
  • @Wishilivedinflorida Pillars of the Earth has been on my list for ages. Now I need to actually start it! 

@heytallmama my entire family is obsessed with The Nightingale and I wasn’t a big fan… 😬 I feel like I need to read it again and give it another shot cause I feel like the only person in the world who wasn’t in love with it. 

EDD / Weeks + Days: feb 28 / 29w6d? 

FTM/STM/TTM+: baby #4

Baby is the size of a(n): acorn squash

Team blue/pink/green: pink! 

Upcoming Appointments: I had a midwife appt today! 

How are you feeling?: this last week may have been my best week this entire pregnancy. No viruses or pregnancy nausea 🙌🏼

Rants/Raves: rave: finally feeling good!!! Rant: I got blood work again today to check my iron levels and apparently the supplements I’ve been taking have done almost nothing for me. Iron supplements really do a number on my digestive system so it sucks that I’ve been dealing with that for no benefit 👎🏼

Questions:

GTKY: What's your favorite book? I really love The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson. It’s a true story of the first World Fair in Chicago, set against the workings of a serial killer in Chicago at the time. It’s a non-fiction story, but Larson does such a great job of writing it to read smoothly. All of his books are so fascinating. 
  • shorty-sarshorty-sar member
    edited December 2022
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 28+6

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Baby is the size of a(n): Eggplant…I think yesterday she was the size of a loaf of wonder bread 

Team blue/pink/green: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: OB on the 30th

How are you feeling?: Sick. I managed to not get sick the last few weeks of school….but now it’s catching up to me. The flu and a bad cold made its rounds at school the last few weeks, so I’m hoping for the cold and not the flu…My stomach currently aches but I’m not sure if it’s excess drainage or pregnancy related. My belly is definitely feeling heavier and baby’s movements are starting to be uncomfortable 🥲

Rants/Raves: Both.. Very thankful I’m on winter break since I’m sick, but there goes my break 😅

Questions: n/a

Im not much of a reader, but probably Gone Girl
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: March 5; 29w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): length of a spaghetti noodle lol

Team blue/pink/green: blue 

Upcoming Appointments: I had one this afternoon 

How are you feeling?: tired. Heavy. Pregnant.

Rants/Raves: we are supposed to get blizzard weather this week which will most likely cut our school week short 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 but also ruin Christmas plans and have subzero temps!!!!. So it’s a rant/rave mix lol. 

Questions: none

GTKY: What's your favorite book? The Percy Jackson book series. So funny and I love Greek mythology. I could read them over and over again. 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 26 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): magic lamp from Aladdin?

Team blue/pink/green: pink!

Upcoming Appointments: 1/6 for 28 week appt.

How are you feeling?: Some days I can't believe the 3rd tri is almost here and other days I can't believe it's not here yet with how large and out of breath I feel. Last week was very physical at work and I had a lot of hip/leg pain from it. Def hoping to get in some rest this week.

Rants/Raves: Rave: On Wed we fly out to VA to see both families for the holidays. It's been 1.5-2 yrs since we've seen everyone. Rant: We have so much to do before we leave and hubby keeps promising he'll help and be productive, but then he stays up past 2am playing video games and is "too tired" during the day.

Questions: Anyone else get out of breath doing miniscule things? Like brushing hair or helping my toddler put on her shoes. Re: buying things - we have bought almost nothing. I watched a youtuber who is 16 weeks pregnant with twins and basically has her entire nursery set up and everything bought. I spiraled and panicked because it's about to be the 3rd trimester and all we've done is clean/vacuum the nursery after moving my daughter out.

GTKY: What's your favorite book? So hard to pick just one. Anything by Robert Heinlein (but especially Starship Troopers). Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card has a lot of great memories associated with it (my dad signed me up for the adult book club at the library when I was 12 because they were reading it and it was something special we did together). Also anything by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee who writes knitting humor. I find her books very calming.
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: March 21st / 27 weeks 

Baby is the size of a(n): cabbage?

Team blue/pink/green: blue 

Upcoming Appointments: midwife Appt tomorrow

How are you feeling?: also feeling like my legs are going to dislocate from their sockets. So so so sore in my hips/pelvic region at night. other than that, mentally I’ve been feeling so great. Baby started really kicking like crazy this past week so it just feels so good to know he’s okay in there. 

Rants/Raves: the nursery is finally together - just waiting on a rug and a rocker but all the big items are assembled. Such a relief! It’s so cute. I stop to admire it every time I walk down the hall. Now just to keep our cats from making the crib their new spot!! Tomorrow is my last day of year end tax planning calls with clients and then we’re on break until the new year. Our business did really well this year and I’m really excited because we got to give my sister (our admin) a really nice raise so that made me feel really good about the social impact of what we do because I feel very yucky sometimes at work always fussing over money and taxes with clients. All around I’m really happy ending out this year - all raves this week besides the hip pain. 

Questions: yes I’ve got the same thing going on. I want to buy all the things! My husband keeps saying we don’t need to rush but then a collection of dinosaur blankets that I really wanted from target aren’t being sold anymore so now he’s worried about getting things that we need too. Also had to get a different rocking chair than the one I wanted because it was backordered indefinitely so now the fire is lit. 

GTKY: What's your favorite book? This is such a hard question!!! My favorite books always have to do with my mood. Harry Potter is always one I can read time and again and that I’ll cherish forever. For sci fi I really love anything by Octavia Butler - Dawn is an all time favorite. For classics Jane Eyre is one that I just love so much too but it’s a long read so I don’t do it often. 
    Most impactful that I think about all the time and recommend to literally everyone but ones I’m not sure I could stomach again are Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler (sci fi) and King Leopold’s Ghost by Adam Hochschild (historical nonfiction)
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 28 weeks 

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM 

Baby is the size of a(n): eggplant 

Team blue/pink/green: pink

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow but might have to skip. I woke up with a sore throat today. 

How are you feeling?: EXHAUSTED

Rants/Raves: husband finally came home from his work trip.. sick. So I didn’t really get the break/help I needed this weekend. But I’m getting all the rest I can right now while the house is quiet. I’m so thankful my big kids are in school and love it. 

Questions: anyone else with GD and anemia? 

GTKY: What's your favorite book? So hard To choose… the one I’m reading now is awesome. The Lost Metal by Brandon Sanderson. I highly recommend anything he’s written. 
  • @tortugaazul I'm not anemic but close so my MW upped my iron dose. I've been on iron for about a year and it plus what's in the prenatal hasn't been enough. I've been on the higher dose for about 3 weeks and I'm starting to feel better! 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 30w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): zucchini

Team blue/pink/green: Blue

Upcoming Appointments: Extra US appointment on Jan 3

How are you feeling?: Tired and really relieved to have made it to winter break! Lots more heartburn lately.

Rants/Raves: Rant - our apartment looks like a storage unit right now with how many boxes of baby gear we have. I don't think I'll feel calm until we get it all cleaned up and organized. Rave - we decided to stay in Vancouver for Christmas (my fam is going to come here). If we had decided to fly to AB, we would have been going today or tomorrow, and unfortunately Vancouver doesn't have good snow plans... So today the airport actually grounded all planes and people have been stuck on the tarmac for hours and hours. I keep just thinking about how happy I am to not be on a grounded plane for 10 hrs while pregnant right now!

Questions: NATM

GTKY: What's your favorite book? Educated
  • @youcanhavemanhattan wow that's really lucky that you don't have to be on those flights! A 10 hour grounded plane is difficult when you're not pregnant. 
  • I have been have been SO glad to not be traveling for the holidays. My ILs wanted us to go to North Carolina to visit this year. Sorry not sorry, but hard pass. 6.5 hour drive at 7mo pregnant, spending two of the days we have off together traveling, and then having to be at my in-laws house? Hard pass. 

We’ll go see my family, but that drive is just shy of an hour and honestly I’m comfortable there. It’s easy, it’s fun. My in laws make everything into A Thing and Stressful. Nope. 

I can’t recall who asked- but YES to tiny things making me out of breath! I’ve had this most of my pregnancy but it’s especially bad now. Doing dishes? Outta breath. Take the dog out to pee? Outta breath. Quarter mile walk to school drop off? SUPER outta breath 😂 It’s humbling!
  • @muggsd It’s a beast of a book but sooo good and a fairly easy read. 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: March 15th / 27 weeks + 6 days

Baby is the size of a(n): Head of lettuce

Team blue/pink/green: Pink!

Upcoming Appointments: Follow up US on 12/31. Placenta was low and baby was a little small at 20-week scan, so just going to make sure everything is good.

How are you feeling?: Not bad. My hips are still killing me at night, but I feel good overall. Had a killer cold last week and I’m still feeling a little congested. 🤧

Rants/Raves: Glucose all good! Also, I splurged on a Dyson TP09 air purifier and it is the greatest thing I’ve ever owned. I worth every penny. Our quality of life has gone up so much. I can only imagine how sick I would still be if we didn’t have it. I was really worried about our air quality in regards to the baby because we live in a basement and have a cat, but this thing makes our place feel better than anywhere I’ve ever lived. 

Questions: NA

GTKY: What's your favorite book? House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski. I love this question, btw! I’m a big reader and am always looking for recs.
  • On the topic of out of breath-ness. Yesterday was laundry day. It was literally all I did aside from cook food. You would have thought I ran a marathon with all the huffing and puffing I did. Plus I realized there was no way I could remake my kids beds since stripping their sheets was nearly the end of me 😅

@miss_lynn9 I’m supposed to go over the results tomorrow but my blood work shows me in the anemia range and I’m thinking it’s iron deficiency. 

Also, I’m just learning about what irritable uterus is. Anyone have any experience with that? 
  • Re: out of breath. My goodness, I'm doing a pelvic floor workout. Did some cable pull bird dogs, kettlebell rotations, and hip thrust and I feel like I sprinted a mile.
  • @heytallmama @TortugaAzul @miss_lynn9 My app unhelpfully informed me that breathlessness starts around 31 weeks. I call BS!!
  • @noxacanthus 31!?! I feel like I’ve been breathless since 10 weeks lol 🤣
  • @heytallmama @TortugaAzul @miss_lynn9 My app unhelpfully informed me that breathlessness starts around 31 weeks. I call BS!!
    Or how about that 2nd trimester energy I was promised?! Also out of breath here. Laundry is the worst in a two story house. 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: March 10, 28 weeks + 4 days 

Baby is the size of a(n): Eggplant

Team blue/pink/green: Blue!

Upcoming Appointments: Next OB appointment is at my 30-week mark but it’s optional, then 32 weeks + US

How are you feeling?: I’m OK! Second trimester energy is definitely waning now that I’m in my third. I wake up ravenous every morning. Give me breakfast ASAP!

Rants/Raves: Rant: I’m currently on my babymoon but not sleeping so well. Hence why I’m up at night on my phone in the forums! Hotel beds are too soft, it takes me so much time to get situated and comfortable (but never actually getting comfortable). I am a loyal back sleeper so sleeping on my side has been a huge struggle, even with a meticulous pillow setup to keep me in place. 

Rave: Sent out our baby registry link to friends and family (no baby shower for us) so I’m looking forward to seeing what arrives and hunkering down to nest til baby is here!

Questions: Belly bands, worth it? Any faves? OB recommended I give it a try. 

GTKY: What's your favorite book? I love anything written by Sloane Crosley. Hilarious and whipsmart. 
  • @lilbbgontheway I just got a belly band (my midwife recommended it for relieving hip pain). I’ve only used it a couple of days but so far it’s really helpful. I feel like the baby doesn’t sit on my bladder so badly with it. I got one for like $20 on Amazon (AZ Med was the one that my midwife recommended)
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: March 2 / 30w1d

Baby is the size of a: Zucchini

Team blue/pink/green: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: US next Thursday, 12/29

How are you feeling?: Fine. Some pelvic girdle pain when I walk/get up. My face has been really dry lately, which I'm convinced is somehow related to the pregnancy.

Rants/Raves: Rant: I know/sense that my in-laws are expecting us to stay with them most weekends once the baby's here (which I don't mind, considering we'll be moving back to the US in approx. 1.5 years and then we'll see them very, very little, sadly), but my impression is that they've done essentially nothing to get their house ready for us (I'll find out for sure this weekend! lol - I don't mind staying just for xmas eve). After years of sleeping on an air mattress, cramming into a single bed with my husband, or us literally sleeping head to toe in a too-small bed whenever we stay over, I'm done with all that and only willing to stay there if they get us a double bed and clear out their crap in certain areas the baby or people in general should be able to enjoy. If they don't, cool - I have no interest in judging them. I just won't be staying there if their house is so guest-unfriendly. Unfortunately, I think they're sensitive and a bit entitled about it all, with a list of excuses as long as my arm (they're retired, perfectly able-bodied, and have sufficient money, so...), and my husband's very defensive but seems OK with me giving them an assertive reality check this weekend, so long as I'm nice about it.

Rave: A close friend who's struggled with miscarriages and an ectopic pregnancy for years is finally pregnant again and has gotten past a few key (but very early) milestones. I'm so happy for her, at the same time that I'm anxious. Gosh, early pregnancy is so fraught!

Questions: @noxacanthus We haven't bought anything yet either :/ (besides a car!) I keep thinking in my mind that January will be the perfect time to start shopping and asking around, but I know we're cutting it close.

GTKY: What's your favorite book? I don't really have one, despite reading a lot. Some of my top-rated ones from recent years are The Shining, Pachinko, Shuggie Bain, The Heart's Invisible Furies, The Enchanted April, and All Creatures Great and Small. I'm taking notes from all your recs!