EDD / Weeks + Days: 

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Team blue/pink/green:

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: What would your dream job be or are you already doing it? 

Re: Weekly Check-in 12/13

• EDD / Weeks + Days: March 19 26w2d

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Baby is the size of a(n): I forget lol

Team blue/pink/green: Girl! 

Upcoming Appointments: midwife group care next week. 

How are you feeling?: my daughter only woke up twice last night so I feel so well rested 😅. I'm getting sciatica numbness in my butt, down my leg and into my foot. I'm also getting tingling in my shoulder and scalp when I sleep on my left side. It's like when your foot falls asleep. That's a weird feeling haha. 

Rants/Raves: Rant: my husband started working 10hr days 6 days a week. And the hours make it so I do morning's alone. My daughter has not been feeling well so she screamed her head off from the moment I work her up to the moment I dropped her off at daycare yesterday and today. I cried in my car after dropping her off yesterday. I'm exhausted from not getting sleep for 9 days straight. 

Rave: I have a girls night this weekend, we're going to craft. I wish I could drink haha 

Questions: none 

Naturopathic doctor would be my dream job. 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: March 21st / 26 weeks

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Baby is the size of a(n): some bunch of vegetables that I would never buy so I have no frame of reference. 

Team blue/pink/green: Blue

Upcoming Appointments: Next Tuesday with my midwife. No clue what it’s for but I haven’t been in forever so kind of glad to check in. 

How are you feeling?: I think my really intense hip tightness might actually have a name. I saw a nurse talking about it on Instagram so I’m going to ask my midwife next week. I might just need a physical therapist. My hips feel like they’re going to snap sometimes when I walk (especially at night) - it just shifted from discomfort to pain so time to talk to a professional. 

Rants/Raves: Rant - I’m so uncomfortable! I didn’t expect to already feel this bad so early. Looking at the calendar and seeing I have 14 more weeks is pushing me really close to a breakdown. 
    Rave - my parents came over to help with the nursery and they (I wasn’t allowed to do anything but sit) spent four straight days painting, building, rearranging everything. My mom even deep cleaned all our floors and kitchen. It’s so clean right now and our whole living room is reorganized to look so nice. I literally can’t believe how nice everything looks! We’ve lived here 6 years and it feels like we’ve finally unpacked. 

Questions: what do you guys get your mom for Christmas? My mom is the hardest person in the world to shop for! 

Egyptologist. It’s actually what I studied to do in college but because Egypt was so unstable politically at that time I couldn’t complete my dig to get into the archeology masters for it on time. Ex-husband was really unsupportive of this too and he spent a lot of time and effort blocking all my attempts to pursue this. Now I do tax returns so it’s kind of a bummer in comparison - but I met my husband doing taxes so it was all worth it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • miss_lynn9miss_lynn9 member
    edited December 2022
    @disneybaby23 what's the hip pain called? I've been seeing a PT for something unrelated to pregnancy. I saw her yesterday and mentioned my hip stuff. I recommend going! 

My mom is also hard to buy for. I try to buy her things that she would never pay for herself so this year I got her a matched necklace and earring set from Hillberg and Berk.

I've also bought her a gift card to the bay, took her out for breakfast, gave her the card there, then I took her to the bay to shop. I liked that because she got to pick out what she wanted without having to worry about spending more than I would want to pay and we got to spend time together. 

I'm sorry about your ex being so unsupportive. Do you think you'd ever try to get back into it? 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: March 5; 28w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): eggplant 🍆 

Team blue/pink/green: 💙

Upcoming Appointments: Friday I get my permanent crown on my broken tooth; 28 week prenatal appt Dec 19 

How are you feeling?: meh. The tummy bug made its rounds to all of us. No vomiting but the other isn’t fun either 😵‍💫 pregnancy wise I’m feeling fine. Discomfort seems to have subsided other than the random lightning crotch lol

Rants/Raves: rant is the tummy bug, and that my students were completely off the wall today. Rave is that on Sunday I’m going to look at a new SUV with a 3rd row! As much as I love my RAV4, with new babe coming we need more space. I really want the Highlander Hybrid!

Questions: none

GTKY: What would your dream job be or are you already doing it? I love teaching littles, but if I weren’t I’d love to be a veterinary technician!
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 29w / Feb 28

FTM/STM/TTM+: baby #4

Baby is the size of a(n): banana split

Team blue/pink/green: pink

Upcoming Appointments: midwife Thursday! 

How are you feeling?: this may have been my best week so far - I think we are finally over the worst of the virus parade, and my iron supplements seem to be doing their thing. Life is good! 

Rants/Raves: rant: the kids have all started coughing again, I think because the house is so dry. Hoping humidifiers do the trick! 
    Rave: my husband is currently working on finishing off the closet in the new bedroom for my 2 oldest girls, so we will be able to move them into their new room this weekend! Progress! 

Questions:

GTKY: What would your dream job be or are you already doing it? I don’t know to be honest! Something that gives the flexibility to be around for my kids stuff, while being interesting and engaging for my brain. I’m a math grad so I like analysis type work. 
  • @disneybaby23 I second the question about what your hip pain is called! I’ve started getting hip pain when I’m sleeping. I’ll be on my side and I wake up and both hips feel like they’re trying to separate and leave my body lol. I was wondering if baby shifted head down and maybe my hips really are moving 🤔  Putting my heating pad on my hips has helped a ton! I just have to be carful it doesn’t touch my belly. 

EDD / Weeks + Days: March 7, 28w 1d

Baby is the size of a(n): eggplant 🍆 

Team blue/pink/green: Blue 💙🐟

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday for checkup and RhoGAM shot. 

How are you feeling?: the hip pain is a pain! Mostly because it’s interrupting my sleep. But so far it’s manageable. 

Rant: Went for my blood glucose test yesterday and the lab didn’t have my order. So had to go get the paperwork physically from my practice and come back. I was so hungry by the time I finally could do the test and then had to wait the full hour.

Raves: I’ve started the process to switch to a new midwife practice! The missing lab order was just the icing on the cake to help me make the decision to call another practice so hopefully my Thursday appointment is the last one I’ll have where I currently am. 

I had my baby shower on Sunday and it was so so wonderful! I haven’t been able to see most of my friends and family since the early summer so it felt like a reunion. And then my SIL and BIL visited with us for two days and it was really nice to spend that time with them. They flew out from
    Oregon to Massachusetts to see us!

Questions: NATM

GTKY: What would your dream job be or are you already doing it?   I would be an artist and writer. Both are my hobbies but I don’t have the time to properly dedicate to either. I do enjoy my job though (higher ed donor reporting and events).
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 28 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): Eggplant

Team blue/pink/green: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: OB on Friday 

How are you feeling?: Achy. My hips continue to ache and now my back and boobs are starting to ache😅

Rants/Raves:

Rave- Our new manufactured house should be here any day! They still have to set everything up, but it’s nice to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

Also, winter break starts next week🙌🏻 I can’t wait to relax for 2 weeks 😂

Rant- My SIL(who had a baby about a month ago) will make comments about my symptoms. She’ll ask how I’m feeling, and then I’ll tell her(like my hips or heartburn) and then say “oh that didn’t happen to me till 35 weeks”. 🙄 And then will say “oh I guess it’s because your baby has no room”..since I’m only 5 foot.  She has always done the comparison during our pregnancies, and it’s super annoying, but my husband reminds me that I’m having normal pregnancy symptoms and she didn’t, so she’s probably jealous (she didn’t really show till week 32ish because she’s really tall, she had an anterior placenta so she didn’t feel movement until start of 3rd tri or end of 2nd, and she didn’t have morning sickness but felt like she wasn’t actually pregnant). 

Questions: N/A

Marine Biologist! I have always loved the ocean, specifically whales and dolphins! 
  • @shorty-sar that's frustrating about your SILs comments. You can't compare any two pregnancies. Even your own. This is my second pregnancy and it's very different than my first. 
  • @miss_lynn9 @excitedforpiscesbaby it’s called symphis pubis dysfunction (I got that from Dr. Instagram though so no promises). Hot showers have been helping a lot but no luck at night once I’m laying down. 

@miss_lynn9 thanks for the gift ideas. I think I have an idea now! I’m still a crazy Egyptology buff - I read like crazy on it still and it’s more for fun. Anytime we have an Egypt something or other at the science center or museum we always go. It was a fun dream but definitely not one that would fit into the life I have now. At least my current job doesn’t require travel! 
  • @disneybaby23 ah yes that's what I have! My personal trainer gave me some exercises to help with it. I'm also going to chiro and  acupuncture. 
  • @miss_lynn9 I didn’t even think about acupuncture. I’ve never done it before but I’ve heard really good things about it for pain! I tend to feel worse after chiro so I’m hesitant to try that again. I’ll see what Dr approves next week. 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 28w!

Baby is the size of a(n): Eggplant

Team blue/pink/green: girl

Upcoming Appointments: midwife check in next week and then my first one after holidays is with the doctor who will review C-section procedures - I think I’ll be scheduling then, too?!

How are you feeling?:  Pregnancy wise really good! Sleep has been tough but I’m also attributing that to work stress as the year winds down. Baby moves a TON at night so at least I have company. 

Rants/Raves: I am so tired and so ready for winter break! The weeks in December are always so busy with year end reviews, compensation conversations, year end sales round up, prep for next year- ah yes, and all the personal life things like holiday prep. It’s a lot and I’m wiped! Rave: Because we sell to school districts, we close for winter break between Christmas and new years- not like anyone is buying software on December 27 🙃 I’m so grateful for that break and how the company *actually* takes it. No one works, truly, and the only peep you hear from colleagues is sharing personal or fun things. It’s lovely. 

Questions: Did we talk diaper pails? This is the last “gear” item we need to get and I keep forgetting to order it.

GTKY: What would your dream job be or are you already doing it? I love my current job and I often joke that I don’t know what I want to be when I grow up. Probably something in advocacy or technology for those with disabilities. My sister has Cerebral Palsy and especially as she’s gotten older it’s gotten more difficult for her to live independently. I’d like to help others navigate those circumstances, too. 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 27 weeks or so.. I forget.. 😅

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Baby is the size of a(n): lettuce? 

Team blue/pink/green: pink 

Upcoming Appointments: next Wednesday

How are you feeling?: just exhausted 

Rants/Raves: Rant: my husband had a last minute work trip and I hate those.. he was sent to Texas on Monday, finished the job early and they sent him to PA. We have a family Christmas party Saturday and I’m not sure he will be home.. it’s with his family.. 
    Rave: my mom came to visit and help a little and we got a few small things done around the house I wanted plus last weekend my husband and I finished laying the new flooring! 

Questions: nah

GTKY: What would your dream job be or are you already doing it? I’m about to leave my job at the end of this month and honestly I’m so happy to just be a SAHM again. I think my dream is to never “have” to work again. 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 29w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): Acorn squash... Which seems smaller than whatever it was last week

Team blue/pink/green: blue

Upcoming Appointments: Regular check up on the 30th and another US on Jan 3 because I had had covid earlier in the pregnancy

How are you feeling?: Very end of the term teacher tired... As well as getting excited

Rants/Raves: Rant - we moved a lot of our baby stuff into the apartment and it's just cramped. We need to deal with it and get rid of some stuff because when I look at it I feel anxious. Rave - some of my students have been giving me some lovely baby gifts/gift cards and it's been so sweet

Questions: natm

GTKY: What would your dream job be or are you already doing it? I mean, to be working in professional theatre and making comfortable money. When I was working in it before teaching it was just not financially sustainable for me. Also I am working towards being a published kids book author (and currently review picture books on Instagram) and really hope one day that I will be reading my own books with my kids!