March 2023 Moms

Randoms 12/12

Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
, 💙💙💙💙💙💙

Re: Randoms 12/12

• Loading the player...
  • @nopegoat you take such beautiful pictures!! I’m so sorry to hear about your dad especially with such a sudden loss. Sending healing vibes your way! 
  • @nopegoat I'm sorry to hear about your dad. That sounds like a lot to handle in a week. 

I agree with @disneybaby23 you take beautiful pictures. 
  • My daughter's been sick all week. I'm on day 9 of very little sleep. She woke up 5 times last night and that's an improvement from the 10 times she's been waking up. I'm exhausted and feel bad for the poor girl just one thing after another with no break. 
  • @nopegoat I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I’ll be thinking of you over the holidays :heart:
  • @nopegoat I'm so sorry for your loss. That's heartbreaking. Your kids (both kinds) are cute, though 
  • I am so sick of getting sick. I have had cold after cold since early October with no break from lingering coughing in between. I think I pulled a muscle in my rib cage from all the coughing. Pregnancy is hard with colds!
  • @nopegoat I’m sorry to hear about your dad’s passing. Will keep your family in my prayers. 
  • @nopegoat so sorry for your loss. Please do what you need to take care of yourself and process your needs
    FTM
    July 4th
  • heytallmamaheytallmama member
    edited December 2022
    @nopegoat thinking of you and your family ❤️
  • Thank you all! It's been such a tough week. My husband got home late Saturday night and he's been doing whatever he can so I can rest and just process everything. He's truly the best. ❤️

I'm sorry to hear about all the sickness and sick kiddos. Hopefully everyone is on the mend soon! There's so much junk going around right now. 

, 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat I’m so sorry for your loss!
  • So small back story my sister is mad at me because I got mad at her for wanting to bring her HFM contagious kids to a kids party. She's mad because I was a bitch, but everyone else that I talked to, and even read my messages to said I was 100% in the right. I tried to talk to her 2 days ago and she wasn't having it. And then today she calls me all happy saying that her and her fiance are getting married on January 7th, and I she wants people to find babysitters. 

1. Very exciting it's finally happening
    2. Such short notice
    3. It might be outside, in the middle of winter, in Canada. 
    4. I'm not sure if I can find a sitter. The only person that watches our daughter outside my family is due on the 11th so that's a huge ask. 
  • @miss_lynn9 …your sister wouldn’t want her own niece at the wedding? Where her own children would presumably be there?!  I’d be raising my eyebrows, too! 
  • @miss_lynn9 oof. Family is... Tough. 😬 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @heytallmama Yeah, her kids are in the ceremony. She said she doesn't want kids because she doesn't want to pay for chairs for them. 

It all seems very last minute and unorganized. All she said is the ceremony start at 12. And they will do a big party in the summer. I have no idea why they're rushing it and don't want to just wait until the summer. But I also have no idea how long they've been planning this. 
  • Off topic. Any other STM who had their first during Covid and didn't get to have a baby shower? 

My daughter was born May 2020, and I was planning a sip and see, but we didn't get to do it. I don't need gifts since I have everything still, and we were planning on saying no gifts needed for my daughter anyway. I feel weird doing a party for a second baby, but we didn't get anything for our first so I would like to make up for it. 
  • mamahoschmamahosch member
    edited December 2022
    @miss_lynn9 me! My Covid baby was due in October 2020 and my shower was that August. I technically had a “shower” but it was a drive through shower so I never got the traditional one. I don’t need gifts either because I have everything from DS, though they’ll eventually be different seasons as baby gets bigger so it would be nice to get some new clothes for baby. And some diapers lol. You totally should have one - my cousin thought about doing a sprinkle for me but hasn’t mentioned it since. 
  • @nopegoat I am so sorry for your loss! 

@miss_lynn9 I’m a 3rd time mama. I found out my church is hosting a “sprinkle” for me. I gave away nearly all of our baby things when we moved two years ago. I feel a little silly having a party for a 3rd child but at the same time we definitely could use the help! 
  • Hey everyone.. my husband and I are going to be taking a long trip to see my parents for Christmas.. 12 hour drive.. I’m 25 weeks pregnant with twins. What is some advice or tips I should know before we leave Wednesday morning 
  • @k_keyser1996 Lots of snacks, drinks and be prepared to stop a lot. We have traveled a few times to visit my parents, who are about 2 1/2-3hrs away. By the time we get there, my belly is sore and everything aches. So take lots of breaks to get out and stretch! 
  • @k_keyser1996 know where you can stop for the bathroom. We just did a fairly short road trip recently but i had google maps open on my phone to stop us whenever we were getting to the edge of civilization (or in our case just before Los Angeles - it’s essentially not possible to “just stop really quick to pee” there) 
  • I had a mini panic today when I realized I couldn’t get a pair of maternity pantyhose in time for Christmas Eve. And then I rationally remember that thigh highs exist and are probably more comfortable. 🙄
  • Oh man I definitely overdid it today when cleaning the house to get ready for Christmas. ☹️ I am so uncomfortable right now and it also doesn’t help that I’m mad at DH for not helping in the least. Trying to relax and drink some water and eat a snack.
  • Anyone else stuff themselves sick today or yesterday?😅 Baby loved the food yesterday, but I’ve felt like crap all day!😅
  • I want to be her right now @heytallmama!!!

Is 7 year old Christmas less exhausting than 4/5 year old Christmas?

My MIL overcooked the prime rib and it hurt my soul yesterday. All I was looking forward to was a dripping rare piece of meat since I can’t have egg nog (spiked) or wine and it was BARELY pink. 😭 I drowned my sorrows in cookies. 

We spent the day so far cleaning out old toys, reorganizing the basement storage, and I am so sore but way less stressed. I haven’t found any old baby clothes though, so my new task is to get newborn clothes. 
  • My mom put out these gingerbread cookies last night and I ate like the entire package of them. I’ve had a headache all day today from all the sugar. 
  • @Wishilivedinflorida honestly it was super chill! Watched a ton of movies, I took a nap, and she played solo for a bit. 

So glad you got some good organization in- I love that reset feeling!
  • Road trip to my parents was a success, took twice as long as my husband stopped every couple hours so I could get out and stretch and of course use the bathroom. Not looking forward to the trip back home.. but definitely is going to be the last one before the babies are born.