EDD / Weeks + Days: 

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Team blue/pink/green:

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: What's your favorite Christmas/holidays album?

Re: Weekly check in 12/5

• missmuisqmissmuisq member
    edited December 2022
    EDD / Weeks + Days: March 2 / 27w4d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Baby is the size of a(n): Head of lettuce

Team blue/pink/green: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: US on Dec. 29

How are you feeling?: Great, more and more rotund, need a 10-20 minute nap most days

Rants/Raves: 
    Rant: The 9 (or 10?) yo daughter of one of my husband's step-cousins just died of cancer. So sad.

Rave: I did my GD test on Saturday, and somehow my 2 hour pp levels (74) were lower than my fasting levels (79)??? My doctor said my body must just process sugar really well, which is largely hereditary. Hard not to interpret it as a license to scarf down sugar all day every day :) 

Questions: Weird question, but one that I've been thinking about lately (but haven't asked anyone yet). What does a FTM do with a newborn all day? (when they're not sleeping or feeding) What did you do? I'm not worried about being bored (inevitable at times) or stressed about making every moment "productive" - just genuinely curious how other moms filled that time. Bouncing baby on knee and cooing? Tummy time? Long walks? Play dates? Reading them books? Did you try to have some kind of structure with that free time or just do whatever you or the baby seemed in the mood for?

GTKY: What's your favorite Christmas/holidays album? Harry Connick, Jr.'s When My Heart Finds Christmas
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 25w +6d

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM 

Baby is the size of a(n): cauliflower 

Team blue/pink/green: pink

Upcoming Appointments: Wednesday 

How are you feeling?: back to complete exhaustion, frustrated at my body and just so heavy. No bad aches and pains, yet. But I know they’re just around the corner. 

Rants/Raves: only a few more weeks of work til I officially am done and can go back to being a SAHM again. I’m so looking forward to it. 

Questions: Anyone have a good experience with being induced? I keep hearing bad ones.. 

GTKY: What's your favorite Christmas/holidays album? August Burns Red / Sledding Hill. Everyone go listen, it’s awesome. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @missmuisq we eventually got into a good rhythm and schedule. My daughter was born March 2020 so we had absolutely nothing to do other than hang out at home or outside. I don't remember exactly what we did but there was a lot of sleeping and me watching tv the first month lol. We did tummy time and I worked on her milestones following @milestones.and.motherhood on IG. We always went outside during one of her wake windows. I wish I could have done classes with her, gone swimming, mom groups. But unfortunately nothing was open. I'm hoping to do those things this time. 

@TortugaAzul I had a positive experience with being induced. At 41x5 I got a foley inserted to try to dialate me. While I had that, I took a Castor oil mixture to try to start my contractions which didn't work. I got the Foley out after 24 hours and was dillating yay! So I took a herbal tincture at 5pm on41x6 which started my contractions immediately. My water broke at 11:00pm, got to the hospital at 1:00am and baby was born at 7:00am. 

EDD / Weeks + Days: March 19 45x1

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Baby is the size of a(n): Cauliflower 

Team blue/pink/green: Girl! 

Upcoming Appointments: had my 2 hour GD test today.

How are you feeling?: Like shit 😅 I'm exhausted all the time, weak, getting light headed. I suspected that my iron was low so I got it tested and I was right. MW said I should start feeling better in a week or two. 

Rants/Raves: Rave: failed my 1 hour GD test so I did the 2 hour today and passed! I'm so relieved. 
    Rant: my daughter is potty training, she's fine at home but is scared of the potty at DC so she won't poop there and for some reason won't poop in her pull up. She's been in pain all weekend and has barely slept in 3 days. Which means I'm not sleeping. another rave: my boss strongly encouraged me to go home early so I could get a nap in before picking DD up. I did and feel so much better. 

Questions: non

GTKY: What's your favorite Christmas/holidays album? I don't have one 🤷‍♀️
  • EDD / Weeks + Days:March 7,  26+6

FTM/STM/TTM+:FTM

Baby is the size of a(n): Rectangular Kleenex box

Team blue/pink/green: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: OB next Friday 

How are you feeling?:  Tired because I’m achy. My hips have been achy over the last week, and Im over it. 🙃 Everything has been giving me acid reflux.🥲 And according to my Apple Watch, my resting heart rate has been increasing. I’m hoping it’s just the increased blood flow, and not BP related.

Rants/Raves: 

Rave- The manufactured house we ordered will be here between the 15th and 25th! That is if the weather cooperates. It was suppose to be here at the end of January/beginning of February. We still have to wait 30-40 days before we can move in, but now we won’t feel as rushed to get things moved in and ready for the baby! 

Questions: N/A

Not sure
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 26w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): bunch of kale/ VHS tape

Team blue/pink/green: girl

Upcoming Appointments: midwife checkin right before holiday

How are you feeling?: Pregnant. Starting to feel baby in my ribs, especially as I’m at my desk. Super uncomfortable and knowing it’s only gonna get worse is 😫 

Rants/Raves: Rant: I’m tired of the stressors at work and am ready for holiday break. I’m trying so hard to stay focused and on track with these big picture things but it’s requiring a lot of post-typical work hours to get done and I am exhausted. Deadline is this Friday and next Tuesday though so I see the light! Rave: We’re soaking in our last holiday as a family of 3 and doing lots of fun things with our daughter. It’s lovely. 

Questions: @missmuisq It’s honestly a bit of a blur. Daughter was Sept so my leave was right as it started getting chilly here. We did a lot of tummy time, walks, me watching TV while she napped on me, strolling through ikea/ target/ anywhere to be out among people and get a change of scenery. Honestly just figuring out our groove. I didn’t do any baby classes with her because I didn’t feel like it, and don’t plan to this time either. Just loading up on books, shows, and little house or crafty projects. I’m a person who needs to feel productive so even a puzzle will make me feel like me. 

GTKY: What's your favorite Christmas/holidays album? I’ll never not love the *NSYNC Christmas album 😂 but more recently, Leslie Odom Jr has a great holiday album! 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: March 21st /25 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): cauliflower/eggplant

Team blue/pink/green: Blue

Upcoming Appointments: Dec 20th. Feels like it’s been forever since I’ve seen the midwife 

How are you feeling?: I feel like my ligaments are so loose! In the morning as I get out of bed they feel like they’re ripping. So painful! Other than that just very heavy feeling and much slower at walking, getting up and down, etc

Rants/Raves:
    rant - 2 more weeks of work til we close the office for two weeks but all the procrastinating clients are acting crazy right now. Very demanding! 
    Rave - we got tickets to see American ballet theater this weekend. They come from NYC to SoCal every year for the nutcracker and we try to go every year. I love it!!! I love love love live theater. 

Questions: is anyone else out there agonizing about picking a breast pump?! I feel like as a FTM it’s like shooting in the dark.

I love anything Bing Crosby - it always reminds me of my grandma who I miss a lot during the holidays (especially this year with baby on the way). 
    For an actual album though - I freaking love Belle’s Enchanted Christmas soundtrack from the second beauty and the beast movie. It was prominently featured in our CD carousel when I was a kid. Now it’s on Disney plus so I watch it a million times every Christmas. 
  • @disneybaby23 It is overwhelming and I pumped for two kids before! They have changed some things since I last pumped and I’ve been doing a ton of research. My company gives a Medela pump if you don’t specify otherwise and I’ve read some not so good things about the newer model they replaced my old one with. This time I’m paying to upgrade to a spectra with a battery. The pumpingmoms R3ddit has been helpful for information and I googled a ton of reviews. There was a very helpful mom blogger and I’ll try to find you a link. It is overwhelming! I recommend starting with your insurance to see what they cover and then researching your options from there. 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: feb 28/28 weeks

FTM/STM/TTM+: baby #4

Baby is the size of a(n): eggplant

Team blue/pink/green: pink

Upcoming Appointments: Dec 15 midwife

How are you feeling?: tired. Other than that, better than I have in a while! 

Rants/Raves: rant - I can’t kick the end of this cold and it’s so annoying to wake up stuffed up every day. Rave - my 2.5yo has finally (I hope) figured out pooping on the potty. It’s been a long time coming 😬

Questions:

GTKY: What's your favorite Christmas/holidays album? I don’t really have one. There’s an instrumental jazz Christmas album on Apple Music I’ve been enjoying lately 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 27+2 (March 5)

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4TM

Baby is the size of a(n): bunch of bananas?

Team blue/pink/green: Green

Upcoming Appointments: I canceled my next one because I have too many other appointments this week. I'll go the 23rd anyways. I passed my glucose 1 hr!

How are you feeling?: Good! I've been able to workout the last two days, and only gained 1 pound from Thanksgiving.

Rants/Raves: Rave: We are planning our trip to the TN mountains and I'm so excited! My 5yo has been talking about the snow since we went 2 years ago, so she's thru the roof excited as well.

Questions:

GTKY: What's your favorite Christmas/holidays album? Anything by Celtic Woman. They make the most majestic music.
  • @disneybaby23 - I love that Beauty and the Beast movie. It was my favorite as a teenager.

@miss_lynn9 - I'm glad you got your iron checked! Mine is borderline low, so I'm going to try to raise it before birth.

@TortugaAzul - My 2nd and 3rd births were induced VBACs and were 100x better than my spontaneous labor. I waited for 2ish hours on Pitocin before getting an epidural, and then it was pretty quick moving after that. My 2nd birth I tore, but my 3rd I didn't at all, and recovery was a breeze! I was "favorable" both times, so that might have made a difference. 
  • @TortugaAzul I was induced with my son at 40+4 and had a good experience and shorter labor than when I went spontaneously with my daughter at 39. I ended up having stalled labor with her and needed pitocin anyway. I will say I was already dilated 3 cm and was “primed” to induce with my
    son. I didn’t require any cervical ripening. I personally don’t think I would schedule an induction without knowing my cervix was doing something unless it was medically necessary. 

Both times I used an epidural to help me progress. I tore with my son but I think that was due to his huge head and me being a FTM and not really the fact I was induced. 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days:  26+6 

Baby is the size of a(n): head of lettuce

Team blue/pink/green: blue! Started getting all my toddlers hand me downs out and found 9 month pants, said to myself "these must be newborn! They're so small" then looked at the size and realized I underestimated how small newborns are 😂😂 the newborn pants blew my mind 

Upcoming Appointments: OB on 12/16

How are you feeling?: Tired. Sore. My belly feels super heavy in the front, not sure if it's related to my anterior placenta adding to things or what

Rants/Raves: raves: I bought some stuff for the baby/nursery and so excited! We also have decided on a name. 

Rants: life stressors

Questions: for those on BP meds, do you have to go for additional scans? Im on labetolol and when I had my AS the tech said something about weekly US after 31 or 32 weeks however my doctor never said anything to me. I keep forgetting to ask

GTKY: What's your favorite Christmas/holidays album? Taylor Swift target special from years ago. I was a swiftie back when Tim McGraw first hit the airwaves.
    FTM
    July 4th
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: March 7 - 27 weeks 

Baby is the size of a(n): cabbage 🥬 

Team blue/pink/green: Blue

Upcoming Appointments: Glucose test and midwife checkin next week 

How are you feeling?: okay! Starting to get hip pain but stretches have helped. Heartburn comes and goes but I’m managing it. Tired a lot but still better than first trimester. 

Rant: My doula called an emergency meeting with me and my husband to share the news that our chosen providers have been struggling and to suggest we switch. I’ve noticed this as well. They are horribly short staffed and the team of 7 midwives is down to 2. Also, of the 2, one midwife has been giving me bad vibes and so I mentioned it to my doula and turns out she doesn’t like her either and my doula said that this midwife made a recent birth for her other client particularly difficult. So… now I need to decide if I’m going to switch practices in my third trimester. 

Raves: I’m just really excited for the holidays! We have family coming to visit we haven’t seen in years because of Covid. It will be a wonderful reunion. 

Questions: is anyone playing music for their babies in the womb? I heard that if you pick a few songs and play them regularly they can help soothe your baby once they are born. Has anyone done this or have good song recs?

GTKY: What's your favorite Christmas/holidays album? The Charlie Brown Christmas Album is lovely! 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 24+4

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Baby is the size of a(n): Potato head toy

Team blue/pink/green: Green

Upcoming Appointments: Had 24w checkup yesterday, nothing exciting. Will have glucose screening at my 28 week appointment. And maybe Tdap?

How are you feeling?: Pretty exhausted and feeling some gnarly kicks. Pelvis hurts but is tolerable. 

Rants/Raves: I’m very close to securing a new job for when I get back from maternity leave. It will suit my academic interests more and have better hours. Unfortunately nothing happens fast at my company and that means I am delayed telling my current department/working on hiring and training a replacement. 

Questions: None I can think of. 

Tie between Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack and John Denver and the Muppets Christmas (both nostalgic for me). I also like the She and Him Christmas album. 
  • edited December 2022
    @excitedforpiscesbaby I’m sorry about your MW situation. Hoping you can find a better fit for you ASAP. I’m not sure if this will make a difference, but I sing the same few songs to both kids every night at bedtime. I’m hoping new baby finds the songs comforting even though I’m not a great singer! 🤣

Edit: words are hard this morning
  • EDD/ Weeks + Days: 24 + 5

Baby is the size of a(n): canteloupe

Team blue/pink/green: girl

Upcoming Appointments: just had glucose screening (passed!) And 24 week. Next is 28 week in January.

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. Still getting over a cough, but it's not awful like it was.

Rants/Raves: rave: one and a half more weeks until winter break! And my sister and her family are going to visit!

Questions: NATM

GTKY: What's your favorite Christmas/holidays album? The Charlie Brown Christmas album! I found it for free from a neighbor but the record is kid of warped so it skips in the first few songs on each side. I've been listening in the car though 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: March 5; 27w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): Head of lettuce

Team blue/pink/green: 💙

Upcoming Appointments: Next Friday I get my permanent dental crown, Dec. 19 for routine prenatal

How are you feeling?: uncomfortable. I feel so much weight on my hips and in my lower belly 

Rants/Raves: I’m home today with DS because he’s had diarrhea all week. Looks like it’s finally turned around so 🤞🏻 he can go to daycare tomorrow. I hate planning for subs and using all my paid sick days that I need for maternity leave 🙃

Questions: no

GTKY: What's your favorite Christmas/holidays album? Any of the Pentatonix Christmas albums! They’re amazing.
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 28w3d - yay 3rd trimester!

Baby is the size of a(n): I think the picture was an eggplant... Or "clear landline phone" lol

Team blue/pink/green: blue

Upcoming Appointments: rhoGAM tomorrow

How are you feeling?:  Tired, excited, a bit anxious as well

Rants/Raves: I love our doula. We had her over for tea and talking about early labour stuff and I just love her, and the way she is making my husband feel involved too. Rant.. the end of the school term is tough right now - I'm writing holiday cards that are basically goodbye cards to students I've taught one on one for five years now... Lots of tears

Questions: How close to your due date are you working?

GTKY: What's your favorite Christmas/holidays album? Ok this is pretty specific and nostalgic for me... But the Hanson brothers Christmas CD from decades ago haha 
  • @youcanhavemanhattan Ugh right up until the baby comes out. I’m really favoring scheduling an induction if I dilate and thin enough if I haven’t gone naturally by 39 weeks so that I can plan for less stress and maybe a Monday delivery haha!
  • @youcanhavemanhattan I booked a week holidays before my due date. I went to 42 weeks last time and took 3 weeks off before DD. That was a lot of time off and I loved it haha 
  • @youcanhavemanhattan I’m planning to work up until my due date but I know work will start to taper off before then because I won’t be able to get new projects. 
  • @youcanhavemanhattan I’m working up until baby arrives. I’m self employed so it’s pretty unavoidable. I just warned clients that I’ll be taking a few weeks off after baby is here so I’ll have a little bit of time to recuperate. 
  • @excitedforpiscesbaby I’m so sorry to hear about your midwife issues. I hope everything gets worked out. 

EDD / Weeks + Days: March 15th / 26 weeks + 1 day

Baby is the size of a(n): Kale

Team blue/pink/green: Pink!

Upcoming Appointments: Glucose with the midwife on Wednesday. Follow up ultrasound on 12/31 because my placenta was low at the anatomy scan.

How are you feeling?: My hips!! They hurt so badly. Especially my right hip. I was not blessed with “child bearing hips,” so I should have expected this. I also feel so big. I can’t believe I still have three months left and the baby still has so much growing to do. 

Rants/Raves: I wish we had more money. This process is so financially draining and we still have so much to get. I’m the only one working at the moment, so it’s quite a strain fully supporting us both and preparing for the baby. 

Questions: N/A

GTKY: What's your favorite Christmas/holidays album?: My parents has this “Christmas Greatest Hits” CD and I loved it. It had all the good classics from Bing Crosby, Andy Williams, Judy Garland, etc. We always used to cut down our own Christmas tree, and we would listen to it on the drive up the mountain.
  • heytallmamaheytallmama member
    edited December 2022
    I’ll be working right up to delivery, too. I have two new hires starting Jan 3 so I need as much time with them before I’m out to get them ramped and to make sure my team is all set on plan for the year before I’m out during our busy season. 

I’m oscillating between feeling pre-FOMO and anxiety for my leave and feeling very “fuck it, catch you in 10 weeks.” Anyone else feeling that back and forth about leaving work? 

I get weirdly emotional about it. I love my team and my conversations with them bring me genuine joy and I’m really going to miss it! But I also know that as the boss I need to set a precedent for truly taking leave and not being “half on” so if someone takes leave in the future they don’t feel like they need to be checking in, too. I actually just give a shit about my job this time around - last maternity leave I was SO ready to split and not look back! 
  • @heytallmama I totally feel the same. When I first found out I was pregnant I was excited but also like “omg what am I going to do about work. I can’t just drop things” and completely freaking out. Now I daily go through feeling guilty to my clients and my sister who is our only employee for being out during our busy season, and then the next day not caring and getting excited to ignore everyone for a few weeks. I think my feelings depend on how annoying vs gratifying the work is that specific day. I think part of it is because our business was my baby before we got pregnant - nurturing and growing it - so now i feel bad giving it less of my time. 
  • @disneybaby23 so true! I think you’re right:  t anxiety spikes as I feel more stressed and when things seem less in my control. Like, “I can’t possibly walk away!”  It then this week I’ve felt really good and hit my self-implied deadlines and am like, “oh they’ll be totally fine…” 
  • @heytallmama I have no guilt and am totally ready to peace out from my team ✌️and it will be 5 or 6 months. But that’s because two close team members had their babies this summer and I’ve been covering for them and so I know they’ll be fine when I leave since it will only be one person down instead of two! Plus, I keep in touch with a lot of my team outside of work so I plan to check in. It’s actually been nice having them have their babies first because they’ve been able to give me some advice. It’s also wild that out of a 12 person team, three of us are having our first babies within a 9 month period!
  • @excitedforpiscesbaby I hope I get to that stage! Also woah- 5-6 months?!? I forget- are you in Canada? I had a nearly 4 month leave with my daughter, but that was because I ended up taking a new job during my leave 🫣 so 2.5 months feels so short! The precedent set by your coworkers is so key— and part of why I’m personally stressing! It’s so cool it sounds like you have such a dynamic and supportive team! It’s gotta feel good knowing you can take leave and know you and your work and your team will be OK. 
     In my role on our exec team, it’s super important I truly visibly disconnect from work so I set the precedent that it’s OK to do so for their own leave. BuuuuuutI wanna stay socially involved! We have a HUGE sales goal to hit and I’m leaving right at a pivotal time. I won’t lie; I’m glad to be like ✌🏼on the stressful time of year, but I also feel bad I won’t be there to support them. Hence feeling like I must cram all prep and support I can into the next 10 weeks of work. 

They’ll be fine. It’s fine. They’re awesome and capable but I just hate missing out and that’s where my worry stems from. 
  • @heytallmama Sounds like you’ve got a good team too, but being exec does make more pressure on you! One of our new moms just came back but we’re still trying to shield her from the onslaught of our busy season. But that’s the nice part of being on a team!

I’m in Massachusetts and they have some new parental leave policies. My employer gives us 12 weeks, and then the state provides an additional 8 weeks (roughly 5 months together). Then I’m allowed to use vacation time with the approval of my director, and she is all for longer leaves as a mom herself. So that’s how I might extend it into 6 months. Or I might come back at 5 but use vaca time to have a part time situation for a few weeks. Overall, it’s a nice leave policy and I’m very grateful!
  • @excitedforpiscesbaby woah that’s an incredible amount of leave and structure to get there! I am jealous lol