Baby Names

Dev-in/on/en

Devin Devon Deven or any other spellings preferred?

Re: Dev-in/on/en

• Also any assumptions about the ethnicity of the name? Looking for something without cultural biases. 
  • I think Devin is the way to go with spelling. To me it sounds like a trendy American name, not any particular ethnicity 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you! 
  • I've known a few Devon's in my life. And the only assumption I'd have before meeting them is that they'd be a female because all the Devon's I've met have been female 
  • I was wondering about gender neutrality too—thank you.
  • On first thought I assumed you were asking about a male and in that case I'd go with Devin. I have known one female who had the Devon spelling. 
  • Devin seems “correct” to my eye. I have known a Devon but it was pronounced with the emphasis on the O, like DeVON. Devin (to me) puts the emphasis on the first syllable E. To me there may be a ethnic aspect to the pronunciations but not the name itself. I think it’s a good name and don’t think there will be any issues with bias towards Devin/on/en. I also perceive it as a male name. Hope this answers your questions!
  • Thanks for the very thoughtful and thorough response. Exactly the advice I was looking for.