Weekly Check-in November 28th

EDD / Weeks + Days: 
Baby is the size of a(n):
Team blue/pink/green:
Upcoming Appointments: 
How are you feeling?: 
Rants/Raves: 
Questions:
GTKY:  What's the most extreme sport or activity you've taken part in?

Re: Weekly Check-in November 28th

• EDD / Weeks + Days: Jan 12 - 33W 4D
    Baby is the size of a(n): Celery
    Team blue/pink/green: Green
    Upcoming Appointments: Dec 6th
    How are you feeling?: Overall feeling good! Starting to notice a bit less energy throughout the day but overall no complaints. 
    Rants/Raves: Counting down the days until I'm done work, Dec 15th is my last day. 14 more work days and only two more mondays after today 🥳
    Questions: none this week
    GTKY:  What's the most extreme sport or activity you've taken part in? I live in Canada at the base of a ski hill and am an avid backcountry skier and used to be a downhill ski racer. In the summer I do a lot of mountain biking and the occasional mountain bike race here and there. This past 7-8 months has been a little different with baby on board but I hope to get some skiing in later in the season after baby arrives and we're all settled in 💕
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 33+5 (11/01/2023)
    Baby is the size of a(n): celery
    Team blue/pink/green: PINK (and nameless still)
    Upcoming Appointments: Dec 19th and 29th then hopefully it’s baby day soon! I have a feeling she will be a new year eve/new years baby!
    How are you feeling?: I’ve been having pretty irregular but constant Braxton hicks contractions that make me a weeeee bit worried. I was this little gal to cook a few more weeks! No other signs of pre term labour so it’s a wait and see approach 
    Rants/Raves: this was a week from hell for me. My husband got stuck working a bunch of overtime, I started having fainting spells due to low blood pressure and my almost 2 year old was VERY I’ll with an unbreakable fever that we later found out was due to a massive double ear infection ontop of RSV and then my dog woke up with his eye swollen shut and goopy and he actually cut his cornea and has a hematoma in his eye … so I’m dozing both my kid and my dog with antibiotics and pain meds and eye drops around the freaking clock 🫠 the l upside is both my toddler and doggo seem to be feeling better and my parents jumped in and helped out a lot
    Questions: does anyone have a go to prepare ahead freezer meal that’s great!? I really want to have a day or two of cooking to put in the freezer as this was my biggest issue my first time post partum!
    GTKY:  What's the most extreme sport or activity you've taken part in? I played competition hockey, dance and gymnastics all through elementary and high school! So the combo of all three felt like a freaking extreme sport haha

@ruby_goobie have you looking into baby sleigh options!? I’ve herd great things about the THULE one you can take cross country skiing! (Also a cross country skii lover here!) 
  • Loading the player...
  • tifdaski84tifdaski84 member
    edited November 2022
    EDD / Weeks + Days: January 21 / 32w2d 
    Baby is the size of a(n): Summer squash for the weekly veg and today he's as big as a Ken doll
    Team blue/pink/green: Blue
    Upcoming Appointments: Check-up on Wednesday 
    How are you feeling?: Not great, not awful, just fine. Which I'll take. 
    Rants/Raves: My rant is weather related. I'm so tired of winter and snow and cold and it's only November. Only 4ish months to go. At least my mat leave will start soon which will mean missing most of the worst winter driving this year. I just hope the weather and roads are OK when the bug day comes since we're an hour away from the hospital. 
    Questions: None that I can think of. 
    GTKY:  What's the most extreme sport or activity you've taken part in? None, I'm not an extreme kind of person. Unless you count hours long TV or movie marathons. Lol.

@thankfullyamama That sounds like a rough week! I hope it turns around for you soon. 
  • @thankfullyamama it makes me feel better that your baby is still unnamed too 😅. If this baby is a boy, he's still nameless. Also, I have had lots of BH contractions all 3 of my pregnancies. As long as they aren't super regular (and becoming moreso) it's probably nothing to worry about! My first OB said "if they don't hurt, they're not opening your cervix". I haven't actually seen that anywhere else, so I'm not sure how true it is lol. Also sorry about the toddler sickness, I'm on that boat too 😭.

@ruby_goobie whatttt? You get to start mat leave before baby comes! I'm so jealous. What do you do that allows you to do that?

EDD / Weeks + Days: 1-14,  33+2

Baby is the size of a(n): I truly have lost track

Team blue/pink/green: Green

Upcoming Appointments:  34wk telehealth next week, 36wk before Christmas. 

How are you feeling?: Big. Uncomfortable. Lots of BH contractions. In conclusion: don't mess with me lol.

Rants/Raves: my son was sick last week (3 days of high fever,.now thankfully just congestion). Today I think I'm starting to feel symptoms too. And we literally just got over RSV. I want to cry. Rave: my hubby saw me after I got home today (I must have been looking real good) and told me to take a bath and he'd do kiddo duty tonight. Thank God for that man.

Questions: NATM

GTKY: What's the most extreme sport or activity you've taken part in?
    Not sure this qualifies but I ran a trail marathon in Death Valley once (don't worry, it was December lol). I was also pretty into mountaineering before kids, and aerial "sports" like acro and aerial yoga. Since kids I'm not quite so extreme 😆 but I did bike up one of the tallest peaks in CO last fall with a bunch of dudes from work!

• EDD / Weeks + Days: Jan 31st / 30+9
    Baby is the size of a(n): 
    Team blue/pink/green: pink
    Upcoming Appointments: next week, but also need to schedule a growth scan
    How are you feeling?: Close to normal most of the time
    Rants/Raves: rave was a long weekend, rant is it could have been longer!
    Questions: favorite swaddles? We used mostly swaddleme and swaddleup, but are there others with differences from those?
    GTKY: What's the most extreme sport or activity you've taken part in? (I of course came up with this while watching a cartoon character being propelled by a cannon) Downhill skiing probably, the marathon I ran in a snowstorm was less dangerous but more uncomfortable. 
  • @thankfullyamama what a rough week! Hope it improves. I’ve gotten nervous about BH lately; not every night but half the time I get woken up by really low mild cramping. I’m historically very minimal in the period symptoms department, so any cramping at all makes me anxious.

EDD / Weeks + Days: 1/24 // 32w
    Baby is the size of a(n): squash 
    Upcoming Appointments: Growth scan Friday! Checkup next Tuesday 
    How are you feeling?: so much joint stiffness. I have a massage today and can hopefully fit it in one more before baby comes. My hands are the worst but I can tell my feet are feeling it too.
    Rants/Raves: I’ve finished washing and organizing all of baby’s nb-6m clothes and his sheets, blankets, etc. I still need to wash bottles but I’ve organized the kitchen to make room for him. Feeling more ready if he decides to show up early!
    Questions: Tips for calming down BH anxiety? I was doing so well for a while not stressing, but as symptoms get more noticeable my gad ramps up too :(
    GTKY:  What's the most extreme sport or activity you've taken part in? I was pretty tame through school, some volleyball and softball from little league to varsity. I did go skydiving once, but not sure that counts on the sports part. I’m more on @tifdaski84 level, I can marathon a show before a run 😅
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 1/3/23 35 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): pineapple 🍍 

Upcoming Appointments: midwife on Thursday 

How are you feeling?: Still feeling good. My body feels strong and I have minimal discomfort throughout the day/night. 

Rants/Raves: Nursery reno will be done today so baby laundry can start next. We decided to renovate our bedroom though so a little nervous on the timing for that. We’re just redoing closet and smoothing out walls.  My dad is the one working on it so I feel confident it will get done before baby. Another rave is we decided to upgrade to a king bed as a Christmas gift to each other! Definitely looking forward to that. 

Questions: belly binding postpartum - anyone have any tips on this? Should I get a traditional one? Should I do it at all?

GTKY:  What's the most extreme sport or activity you've taken part in? Uh, hiking? I’m not a sports person although I do love the outdoors and things like hiking so that’s as extreme as I’ve gone. 
  • @willrunforcookies I’m going with swaddelini this time! So much great research into it and is supposedly way easier to transition out of lol 

@r_kenn99 there is a lot of research out there saying belly binding post partum actually causes MORE damage but it does feel nice to have some support! BAO BEI is a company that has a post partum legging designed by a pelvic floor physiotherapist to help support your abdomen while you heal! I bought two pair this go because I loved it so much with my first I wore holes into it haha 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 33 weeks 

Baby is the size of a(n): Celery

Upcoming Appointments: next week is going to be busy, I have my weekly NST on Monday, an OB appointment on Wednesday then an Ultrasound to check on baby’s size on Thursday

How are you feeling?: My son brought home a cold and then proceeded to “gift” it to everyone, so I’m feeling stuffy and awful.  Also having a hard time sleeping and lots of joint soreness.

Rants/Raves: My mom won’t stop pestering my husband and I about wanting to know baby girl’s name.  She insists that she needs time to prepare herself in case she hates it and keeps giving us names that are “acceptable” to her.  My husband and I have just barely maybe found a name that we both like and the last thing I need is her chiming in with all her unsolicited opinions about it.  We haven’t shared our list of potential names with anyone so it’s not like she’s the only one being left out of the discussion, but she’s acting like it’s some personal slight against her that we aren’t sharing.  I’m just so over it.

Questions: none

GTKY:  What's the most extreme sport or activity you've taken part in?  I’m not really the extreme sports type.  I’m not even really the normal sports type.  I did do ballet for several years when I was younger.  I guess balancing all of your weight on the tips of your toes could be considered extreme to some?
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: Jan. 22 / 32w 2d
    Baby is the size of a(n): Squash
    Upcoming Appointments: Dec. 5
    How are you feeling?: tired, uncomfortable, and out of breath.😅
    Rants/Raves: Rant- I am covered in poison ivy that I apparently got into saving my daughter's favorite chicken. Rave- Today it is sunny and 70s here in Oklahoma and I'm enjoying it before the next cold front!
    Questions: none
    GTKY: What's the most extreme sport or activity you've taken part in? I'm not a very active or sporty person so none.
  • edited November 2022
    @jessicadmillard a wild chicken chase through poison ivy seems pretty extreme to me! 😅

Wow @beccaneu that is infuriating, and such an overreach for her to guilt you into sharing! I'm really sorry you're dealing with that.

@r_kenn99 I have not done belly binding with either of my pregnancies. It may not be the case universally, but mine eventually went back to its exact pre-pregnancy state both times (although it took many months, maybe closer to a year). I don't know if I will be so lucky this time, though, I feel bigger than with my previous 2!

@cc_clark I'm so sorry for the BH anxiety. Not sure I have any helpful advice because I definitely had that my first time around. I would call my OB all the time asking if she thought my symptoms were early labor. Hugs, mama! Just remember that most babies stay put past full-term! He'll be here before you know it (although not toooooo soon 😉).
  • @thankfullyamama thank you for the idea, I will definitely check out some baby sleigh options  <3 and I hope your week turns around real soon!!

@jennifer_louise I'm an engineer, my work has been super great and is letting me use my un-used sick days for the rest of 2022 and until baby arrives which I'm super thankful for! Sorry to hear your son has been sick and that you're starting to feel under the weather - I hope you and the fam are back to 100% soon!  

• @r_kenn99. Depends on what you are looking for out of a belly binder.  I had a C-section and used a belly binder postpartum to help with pain and make me feel supported when I was up for longer periods of time.  I personally found it very useful. After the surgery my pain level was very intense anytime I stood up so I honestly don’t think I would have been able to get up and walk as much as they want you to in the beginning without one.  They recommend you use it sparingly though.  After the first 2-3 weeks or so I transitioned to postpartum support leggings.  Depending on your situation it could be helpful to have one, but I wouldn’t spend a lot on one because it really is a short term use item.  Also there’s a chance your hospital may give you one if they feel it’s necessary, that’s how I got mine.
  • @beccaneu yikes! Sorry your mom is being like that, name choices are hard, and it isn't her decision! 

@cc_clark sorry you're stressing about BH, stay hydrated and rest when they come on, but I had lots of bh with my first and still had to be induced. They aren't typically considered early labor and are like exercise for the uterus.  Have you mentioned your anxiety over them to your OB/midwife?
  • @beccane that is so annoying and so relatable! We have so many people that don’t believe we don’t have a name yet and are insisting on knowing it for personalized Christmas gifts lmao I’m like WE DONT HAVE A NAME PICKED OUT … and if we did we still prob wouldn’t tell you haha

@willrunforcookies my midwife always said not to be concerned about Braxton hicks unless they pick up a try rhythm AND are causing pelvic discomfort, so like 10min apart, for 60 seconds for over an hour causing pelvic pain so I try not to stress as I’m having lots too that are very uncomfortable and also accompanied with pelvic pressure often!