Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO and TWW- Week of 11/21

The WTO and TWW threads are temporarily combined until we rebuild a large enough community to merit their separation. In the meantime, please use this as a space to chat about the day-to-day, commiserate about the challenges and laugh about the comedies of TTC, and to keep track of your own shifting feelings about this process. Please be aware that this community does not do symptom spotting (studies, as well as our own collective experience here, have repeatedly shown that the only meaningful symptom of pregnancy is a positive HPT). We also try to keep this thread a safe space for all regardless of where they are in their TTC, so please be mindful about references to past success, as well as of losses. Where necessary to the conversation, we encourage a TW and to use a spoiler.

Status (WTO, TWW, benched, etc.): 

Month/Cycle: 

CD (/DPO if applicable): 

What's coming up? (FW, testing, etc.): 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO and TWW- Week of 11/21

• Options
    Status (WTO, TWW, benched, etc.): TWW

Month/Cycle: 6th Cycle- I think... 

CD (/DPO if applicable): CD25/12 DPO (Or 10 depending on what we listen to)

What's coming up? (FW, testing, etc.): HPT... Still negative today. 

R/R: It's really annoying not knowing what DPO I am. If you look at temp, I'm 12DPO. But I didn't get a positive OPK until later, so that puts me at 10DPO. Then again, that wasn't really "positive" so eh. So yea, I'm just waiting for AF or a positive HPT. 

CS/Q: See above? 
  • Options
    Status (WTO, TWW, benched, etc.):  WTO

Month/Cycle: 23/i have no idea at this point between losses and being benched

CD (/DPO if applicable): 6

What's coming up? (FW, testing, etc.): for once... nothing... but just trying to get pregnant!!!!

R/R: rave: i'm officially off the bend, i posted a daily about a month ago and got kicked on my butt by having to do and ALICE biopsy. but that, somehow, came back with zero sign of endometritis... so here i am.
    rant: i am tired and behind at work, but what is new? lol

CS/Q: natm

@sunshine134 do you have your chart to share? sometimes it helps to have another set of eyes on it
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @anniemarie887 I'm so grateful you are here with me! Hoping you can get your BFP!

I am happy to share my chart, and I'll share my OPK pictures too. Any insight would be appreciated!

• Options
    Also, I know my coverage isn't great so I'm just hoping for a miracle over here!

• Options
    Status (WTO, TWW, benched, etc.): WTO

Month/Cycle: Cycle #2 (officially)

CD (/DPO if applicable): CD 19 (35 day cycles)

What's coming up? (FW, testing, etc.): waiting for positive opk.

R/R: eh nothing.

CS/Q: I tested positive for covid on 11/10 a few days after returning from my honeymoon. My BBT has been a little erratic, so I assume it’s from being sick. But worried I won’t ovulate this month. Thoughts?
  • Options
    @stephmars13 welcome! When I had COVID, my period was delayed. I wasn't testing OPKs then, but since it was late, I would assume I ovulated later than usual. Then, I had some really short cycles. COVID messed with my cycles a bit, but I think it depends on the person. 
  • Options
    @Sunshine134 based on your bbt it looks like you O'd on cd 13, but your OPK's are so light! Are you a quick slow or fast peaker? It's possible maybe you missed a peak? Is there a way you could also do a mid-day test around 10am-12pm?
    @anniemarie887 Yaaay welcome welcome! Hope your current stay is short and sweet :)

Month/Cycle: 22/10 AL

CD (/DPO if applicable):  CD 3

What's coming up? (FW, testing, etc.): nothing. I'm out of OPK's & Pregnancy tests. wondering if I'm going to even try anything special this month.

R/R: I think we finally have all we need to host thanksgiving. Goodness gracious it's expensive to host!

CS/Q:

TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    @bearmomma1 Good luck to you this cycle! 

I don't know if I have ever had a true positive OPK. I *think* my peak is lightening fast. I will definitely be adding a midday test this coming cycle. I'm worried I don't actually ovulate. Thanks for your feedback!
  • Options
    Hey everyone, I’m new-ish here. I was a regular poster several years ago and for a little while about a year ago. H and I think we may have found the cause of our infertility, so we are trying again.

Status (WTO, TWW, benched, etc.): One more cycle before we start trying

Month/Cycle: 0

CD (/DPO if applicable): 

What's coming up? (FW, testing, etc.): So we had been given a diagnosis of unexplained infertility because all our tests came back normal. We never did fertility treatments and instead we adopted. Earlier this year my husband was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea and then I learned that sleep apnea can cause MFI and that treating the sleep apnea should theoretically fix the problem. It’s not well studied because it’s a new discovery, but I figured we’d try and I’d document here to spread the word if it works.

R/R: In the research I did about sleep apnea, I learned that an SA doesn’t actually check everything and I’m angry our doctors didn’t tell us this because I would have pushed for more tests.

CS/Q: 
  • Options

Month/Cycle: 6 I think 

CD (/DPO if applicable): TBD 

What's coming up? (FW, testing, etc.): Well HCG is down to 13 so that should be gone by this week and then I should ovulate at some point in the next few weeks. 

R/R: I am taking on a new role at work and both excited and nervous! I’m still waiting for my levothyroxine prescription so I hope that comes soon. 

CS/Q: None

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Options
    maggiemadeitmaggiemadeit member
    edited November 2022
    It’s nice to see this thread so busy! It’s giving me warm fuzzies. 

@sunshine134 Your chart is looking good! 
    @britters314 Interesting connection between MFI and sleep apnea! I hope it improves the situation. 
    @stephmars13 I hope you feel better soon! 
    @bearmomma1 Rooting for you!
    @anniemarie887 So so happy to see you here!!! Yay to TTC again! 
    @wanderlustsoul Congrats on your new work role! 
  • Options
    Sorry guys. I posted and then fell asleep haha. 

@sunshine134, what do your OPKs from other months look like? I reckon your peak was midday sometime so yes I also agree to add a midday test. 

@a@anniemarie887 and @b@bearmomma1 good luck on this cycle!! 

@br@britters314 that is super interesting and I hope this improves the situation. 

• Options
    @sunshine134 i would 2nd @bearmomma1 wondering if you missed it on the opk. fingers crossed for you!
    @stephmars13 i've covid 3x (yes, vaxxed) and for me it never affected my cycle. the booster shots did though.
    @bearmomma1 my OBGYN says EOD day 10-21 if you don't feel like tracking!
    @britters314 that's wild that you have possibly sorted this out, i hope that is the solution for you guys
    @wanderlustsoul i know that HCG drop game well, will your OBGYN check it again?
    @maggiemadeit thank you!

• Options
    Thanks all for the feedback!

Another BFN this morning for me. I think I'm out. AF should be here soon, and based on how grouchy I am, I'd say today or tomorrow. 
  • Options
    This is my first month temping... any guesses what is going on?
  • Options
    @sunshine134 your chart looks great. if you don't get a bfp this month, you may be about to discover that your luteal phase is longer than you thought. there's nothing bad about a long luteal phase (indeed, it means your body does a good job of making progesterone) but it can be annoying to have to wait through the last few days esp. when you've had your bfns already. my LP is at times as long as 16 days, but mostly hangs out in the 15 day camp.
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.
  • Options
    @optimistgardener thank you for the insight! I got another BFN today, but it's cool to see what my body is doing with charts. Onward and upward!
  • Options
    I love seeing the temping but I have no clue what it means and I literally cannot do temping. It screws up my sleep so badly because I start dreaming I messed up. 🥴

• Options
    @wanderlustsoul i use an ava bracelet, i do not have the discipline to temp with a thermometer
    @kiki047 got the new apple watch that has a temp sensor, any thoughts on it kiki?
  • Options
    @wanderlustsoul, I will admit that I have not gotten good sleep this month because I wake up in the middle of the night thinking I need to take my temp. It is very anxiety producing!
  • Options
    @anniemarie887 I was wondering on the Apple Watch! Pretty sure they don’t sell the Ava here. 

@sunshine134 I started off trying again last week and after one horrible night of sleep, I quit. I’ll rethink it in a few months. 

I started my levothyroxine today. I’m really hoping this is what my body needs. 

• Options
    Hi everyone! I am 25 (26 in feb) and have been TTC for 5-6 months now, positive OPKs monthly, including today for this month. I am a nurse working in both infertility and Labor & Delivery and have felt very emotional this cycle, maybe because of work and the holidays and inevitable questions or maybe because this is taking longer than I expected for myself. Just hoping for some support as my normally incredibly supportive husband gets upset seeing me dissapointed with our lack of success thus far. My similarly aged friends have gotten pregnant a month off of birth control and although I am still well within normal TTC ranges, I am anxious and upset and feel that I have no one to vent to. Thank you all for creating a community where I feel comfortable to express my concerns.
  • Options
    @sunshine134, every negative is hard to see when you so actively want a baby. I’m also on another board and the drop by BFPs drive me insane. If you haven’t participated and just come to show off your BFP, it is just plain rude and disrespectful. I’m sorry that this wasn’t your cycle but I’ll cross everything for the next cycle! 

@eg1997, welcome to the boards! Same goes for you - every negative is hard. And I can imagine in your profession, you are surrounded by babies, which makes it even more difficult. We are definitely here to listen. 

• Options
    welcome, @eg1997! we all understand that sense of disappointment here. hopefully, though, your time with us will be short and sweet!
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.
  • Options
    kiki047kiki047 member
    edited November 2022
    @anniemarie887 @wanderlustsoul sorry for the late response to the tag, dunno where this week has gone. 

I'm loving the Apple Watch Series 8 so far. I honestly don't have many complaints about it at all, other than I wish all of the Apple products had better battery life in general lol. The one thing that I do hope they'll figure out how to integrate is actually syncing this data with their fertility tracker in their native Health app. This doesn't give me a specific temp to input, so I need to pick an arbitrary baseline and add/subtract the variation from the baseline in order to enter it into any of my fertility trackers. I just don't bother and refer to this chart instead. 

Here's an example of a snippet of my wrist temperatures this cycle - you can very clearly see the temp shift Nov 15th (and I'm relatively certain I ovulated this cycle, whereas I don't think I did last month and my temps reflect that). I used to temp vaginally with a BBT and while I was pretty good about it and got into a routine, having a wearable is honestly SO much easier. Especially one that I would be wearing anyway because it tracks other metrics in my sleep like RHR, my breathing, and sleep patterns. 

I am 10dpo today by my estimations, so you can see that shift post-O in the latter half of my chart. 

*Edited to correct watch series, it's series 8 not 7. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Options
    Officially CD1. 

The one positive thing about this cycle is I confirmed I have 14 day luteal phase. I was worried with short cycles I might have a short lp but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I also have an appt Dec. 5 with my OB so hopefully I can convince her to run some tests to check my hormones. 

Onward and upward...
  • Options
    @sunshine134 sorry you’re still here friend. I hope this cycle is clearer to you when you O! 
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    @sunshine134 I’m sorry. I hope the doctor can help you and do some testing just in case. 

• Options
    @sunshine134 I’m sorry this cycle wasn’t it, but it’s great that you learned more about your cycle and put your mind at ease about your luteal phase. I’m on CD4 so we can go through it together again this month. 
  • Options
    Thank you ladies!
  • Options
    @britters314 My husband and I have been TTC for 11 months and are awaiting the results from his at home sleep study. He snores horrendously and his mom and brother both have sleep apnea. I have wondered for months if this may be a contributing factor. Your response was reassuring to me that this could be the problem!
  • Options
    Status (WTO, TWW, benched, etc.): TWW

Month/Cycle: 11th month TTC

CD (/DPO if applicable): 4 DPO

What's coming up? (FW, testing, etc.): Testing I guess in a week. 

R/R: I removed my tracking apps and stopped doing BBT this last month. I feel like I’ve learned enough about my cycles for the last 6 months that I can stop and not have the stress of constantly having it on my mind. It’s been nice and I haven’t missed it. I did OPKs only twice just to check where I was.

CS/Q: None.
  • Options
    @jross31 I don’t track BBT anymore either. I had been tracking faithfully for 6+ years, and my current OBGYN suggested for me to stop. I know my own fertility signs and patterns pretty well by now, and I sleep so much better without temping! 
  • Options
    @jross31 Hopefully sleep apnea treatment helps you guys too! Keep in mind that if it is affecting your H’s fertility, it takes about 65-75 days for new sperm to mature, so starting sleep apnea treatment won’t immediately fix any fertility issues. That’s why I still have another cycle before we actually start trying again. 
  • Options
    @britters314 That's good to know! I knew it wouldn't be an immediate fix. At this point I may be getting my October baby I wanted all along lol just a year later.