June 2023 Moms

Weekly Randoms 11/14

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms 11/14

• @ReadyForaB I’m definitely getting the NIPT and any screening they offer, since I’m AMA (39) and this is my first pregnancy. I’ll be doing that at my 12 week appointment on 12/6. I did genetic carrier screening a couple years back before I met my fiancé and was about to go the single mom by choice route and use donor sperm. Luckily I’m not a carrier for anything. I’m someone who wants as much info as possible, and if there is a risk of concerning chromosomal or medical issue I’d want to know as soon as possible so we can weigh all options. 
  • @ksdelong20 yes! I have. They were on the low side of normal and my endo doesn't want to make an adjustment if we can avoid it because I do way worse on the opposite spectrum when my levels are higher. We check my levels every 6 weeks or so just to be safe since I typically fluctuate
  • Loading the player...
  • @annemarie96 That sucks but I'm glad you're already feeling relief so it's clearly the right decision. I cancelled potential plans for a trip home a couple weeks ago because I just wasn't feeling up to it so my Dad came out to us for a visit instead.

My husband and I have unintentionally booked an international trip during all my pregnancies now though (prior to any knowledge of any pregnancy). Luckily, my first two went very well (Nepal at 20 weeks and Mexico at 34 weeks -- would not recommend but, like I said, they both worked out) so this time going to Mexico at 15 weeks, now that I'm starting to feel better, actually seems to make the most sense of any of them 😆
  • Ugggghhhhh, I caught my 14 month old’s daycare plague! I’ve salt water gargled and done tea with honey and lemon juice, but I just miss decongestants so much right now! 
  • @kalesix3 that is basically exactly how I feel. I think, for me. it would just cause more stress.  And honestly, I am most concerned about a genetic condition my husband carries that isn't even tested for with the NIPT. So, yes, I don't think I am going to do it.  

My first OB appt was supposed to be tomorrow but they called and asked if I could come today instead. Sooo, I am going this afternoon and I am going to ask for a scan. If all looks good, we are going to being sharing the news. 
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• I am remembering how frustrating trying to schedule appointments with the OB department is. With our insurance we have to stay within a particular medical group. And the soonest prenatal appointment they had was 12/22. When I will be almost 14 weeks. I know I found out late, we only had the dating ultrasound on Thursday, I was kind of hoping we would still be able to squeeze the initial prenatal appointment in before the second trimester. 😬
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I posted new randoms but I still wanted to reply here! 
    @cassafrass123 oh that sounds miserable, I'm so sorry. I would be so screwed if I get sick, I don't remember any natural cold remedies that are pregnancy safe, ugh I hope it's short lived for you 🤞🏻

@annemarie96 aw that's so special and kind, I'm glad you have that community right now. Are you temporarily in China or is that your permanent home? 

@ReadyForaB yeah I'm the same. I was way more worried about my genetic carrier testing I did over the summer. The midwife I saw last week tried to talk me out of doing a Nuchal Translucency ultrasound because she said "the NIPT screen checks all the same things" which was super annoying because she's dead wrong and the blood test is way more stressful than the ultrasound is in my opinion. Did you get your ultrasound today after all? I'm so glad your appointment ended up being a day earlier! 

@pttomato oof that's horrible, I'm so sorry. I can't imagine having to wait that long, ugh how sucky. I don't know why insurance even works that way. Maybe the office will have a cancellation and can get you in sooner. It's wild to me an entire office can't manage to see pregnant patients sooner. 
  • @pttomato I’m sorry you can’t get in sooner! My midwife ended up missing our first appt because she was up all night at a birth. Super understandable, but the first time I’ll have a real appt will be at 12 weeks. Seems super weird to me! 

@kalesix3 I lived in China for two years. Came home in the middle of that for a few months to have our first kid, and then went back and got pregnant again. 😂 I’ve mostly ever been pregnant in China. We’ve been back in the US for two years now and we’ll be here permanently!  I have been LOVING living here and having access to all my cravings this time around. I’m buying all kinds of random things I had as a kid. It’s amazing. 
  • @kalesix3 My doctor asked me if I wanted the NIPT yesterday and I said no and that was the end of the discussion.  That was nice bc my OB for my last pregnancy (which I LOVED)  kind of fought me on it so I was prepared to defend myself but I didn't have to this time.  And I did get my scan yesterday! Just by my doctor in his office nothing "formal" lol. Baby measuring right on track.  Such a relief!  I am being referred to a high risk center for the rest of my ultrasounds (age + miscarriage history).  I have no idea when the next one will be, he said it could be soon or not until 20 weeks, it just depends on what they want. I didn't have an official nuchal translucency ultrasound so I will just wait for their call and go from there. 
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• @ReadyForaB so happy to hear a good ultrasound update from you ❤️
  • @thescarletmom @kalesix3 I am 11 weeks today and I really thought I felt flutters 2 nights ago! I know some people think it's crazy but I strongly believe some mama's do feel them sooner!! Especially when they know what it feels like! 
  • @hitcj4687 yes! I think if it was a FTM I would be quicker to doubt (though probably not say it to her) that maybe it was a gas bubble or a muscle twitch, but once you know, you know! I for sure felt DS1 around 14 weeks, and I had lots of people look at me funny and say they didn't feel their baby until 22 weeks so I must have been wrong. I can't wait for my appointment next week to confirm where baby is hanging out and if my placenta is posterior again.
  • @thescarletmom they confirmed my placenta is posterior which is a big reason I'm pretty sure I felt movement already! I felt my first at 17 weeks and people thought I was crazy and that it was gas, but I was certain it was movement. I loooove feeling the tiny little movements and hope I can feel it more frequently soon!
  • @hitcj4687 when i was pregnant with ny first I remember hearing someone describe first baby flutters as feeling like a little goldfish flopping in your tummy and being like wtf does that even mean 😂 I couldn't picture it at all, and then the first time I felt him move it felt EXACTLY like that! And I had never felt a gas bubble like a flopping goldfish before so I knew it was the real deal. I am so looking forward to feeling baby more and more! I didn't feel DS2 until  several weeks later than DS1 because I had an anterior placenta with him, and that was nervewracking!
  • Had an appointment today.. and a scare! Nurse was looking for baby’s heartbeat on the Doppler and could not find it.. she brought in another more experienced nurse and just as they were about to take me to ultrasound she found it! Talk about panic! Baby’s heartbeat was 178. I also got NIPT blood work done and I go back in two weeks for an ultrasound to make sure baby is developing properly and to check nuchal. 
  • @francesgs ah! Thats so scary! Im glad they were able to find it. At my 8wk appointment with my midwife she couldn't find where baby was hiding for a bit and it really freaked me out. 
  • @hitcj4687 @thescarletmom I think I might’ve felt some movement today too! It’s exciting but it’s also a bit of a negative for me because I always feel sick to my stomach with the early flutters. I have a history of digestive issues and between that and an anterior placenta I truly didn’t recognize my first’s kicks until she was 24 weeks. Now I know that for me it feels like I need to be near a bathroom NOW!
  • The midwife couldn't find baby's heart rate on the doplar either but we could see it nice and strong on the ultrasound, its such a sinking feeling to wonder if everything is okay! I'm glad you were able to hear it! Yay for all the baby flutters!! 100% agree with the goldfish analogy! 
  • @annemarie96 oh I see now, I misread your initial post and thought you were saying china had gotten better than last time when you were suffering and isolated all alone, I totally missed that you moved back, that was my bad! Yes I'm so glad everything is so much kinder and better for you now, the community and buying all the cravings! I love that for you! 

@ReadyForaB I'm so glad they didn't fight you on it and that you got your scan! I know they told me I'll likely always see maternal fetal medicine for my pregnancies after my stillbirth and especially because there was no clear cause. I'm okay with it though because I love my MFM and getting scans every month after 20 weeks is extremely helpful. The only thing that sucks though is that I don't get any ultrasounds from 12-20 weeks and it's such a long period of time to go without, it makes me so stressed. I hope your mfm puts you on the perfect ultrasound schedule for you and that it adds a lot of reassurance 🤞🏻🌈 

@thescarletmom YESSSS!!!! OMG such exciting news! Yes I knew I wasn't crazy, they were definitely the first flutters two weeks ago, undeniably. I think a lot of the "norm" boils down to how conscious people are about their bodies. I always did cycle tracking and cervical checks and was hyper aware of my uterus and I felt flutters around 15/16 weeks with my first and I thought ai was insane but I was just aware, same with second and third babies, you just know because you've been there before! I knowww!!! I puzzled myself over the goldfish bit forever but flutters really truly do feel like a tiny fish flopping inside your body, so weird and sacred all at the same time. There's nothing like it! 

@hitcj4687 that's so exciting! I bet you aren't crazy and you are absolutely feeling movement! I hope they get stronger and more frequently in just a few short weeks! Mine definitely have and I feel them multiple times every day, it's so amazing 😍 

@francesgs oh I hate that 😵😩 I'm so glad she found it at last for you, those moments of panic just waiting and hoping and willing the baby to be okay are so hard. 
    At my appointment last week I saw a new midwife at the practice and she was a nightmare. She told me I had a heart murmur and then she realized it was because she was listening to my heart through a fetoscope and not a stethoscope so I had five solid minutes of panic and then she said I didn't have a murmur after all but she used two different dopplers and couldn't find the heartbeat at all, finally she got the ultrasound machine but even then she couldn't visualize the baby, it was so sad and scary. I was double relieved when everything was fine at the NT ultrasound. I hope it was just a bad day for the new midwife because damn I can't handle her doing that again. I needed a nap after I came home from all the stress and fear spiral. 

@cassafrass123 when my babies get bigger their movement and kicking makes me feel seasick, my whole stomach just rolls and I get so sick so I definitely understand the feeling of movement feeling like gi upset 😭
  • @kalesix3 you're a real G for responding to so many people in one foul swoop 👌🏼 haha. But you're totally right, the more time you've spent listening to and being in tune with your body, the more I think you know what's up. And I think having the shortest torso on planet earth really helps me with feeling baby because there's no where for them to go lol.